AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

Critias 2008-05-02 20:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by OmegaZEROCustom (Post 1572012)
What I don't understand is why they would do something like this.

Because Impulse has no GOOD gimmick in the first place, and they need SOMETHING other than what it's got? :heh:

LightningZERO 2008-05-02 23:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiro-Oh! (Post 1571760)

Expecting a blue version...

duotiga 2008-05-03 00:31

Upcoming merchandise pics
The Gundam Base's New Products page has pics from Bandai's June Hobby Sales Manual as well as promo shots for the limited edition Gunpla on sale at Gunpla Expo.

Edit: Hobby Shop Midori has larger versions.

Amazon Japan also has galleries of the following...
HGUC Sazabi
HG Saachez Custom AEU Enact Custom
1/100 Over Flag

frm gunota

Terra 2008-05-03 05:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by LightningZERO (Post 1572641)
Expecting a blue version...

The thing is I see the blue one he had as more his personal Enact over the red one since you see him use a lot more.

iron2000 2008-05-03 06:19

The mask of the 1/100 Astraea F has clear parts.
And the kits has the parts to make the kit Astraea F Kai.

duotiga 2008-05-03 06:22

Blue is more of like PMC custom....

Pride 2008-05-03 06:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by duotiga (Post 1573007)
Blue is more of like PMC custom....

Both are Saachez-custom, but red was supposed to be Agrissa-compatible (I heard that the coating was plasma-resistant or something).

duotiga 2008-05-03 07:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pride (Post 1573015)
Both are Saachez-custom, but red was supposed to be Agrissa-compatible (I heard that the coating was plasma-resistant or something).

i'm saying that cos that is what the official webby quoted......

Mister Mister 2008-05-04 15:40

shiiit, guys.

I was just putting together my Hi-Nu, and had finished the upper torso, arms and head. it slipped off my worktable, and even though I managed to attach it, part of the main V-fin snapped. it's a special fin, so i can't just pop one off an older kit. does anyone know where I can special order a replacement runner with the fin on it? it's runner C of the Hi-Nu MG kit, if that helps.

Like_Clockwork 2008-05-04 16:21

well before that. how bad is it? can you glue it back together?

Mister Mister 2008-05-04 16:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Like_Clockwork (Post 1575339)
well before that. how bad is it? can you glue it back together?

well, the piece that broke off and bounced off somewhere I didn't see, but from what was left on the head, it was a flat break with nothing to keep the broken piece on. so even if i did have all of the V-fin, I probably wouldn't have been able to glue it back straight.

jackyng222 2008-05-04 18:49

go to hlj.com and read their policy. Here's their link:

http://www.hlj.com/faq/q41.html

it takes a while and you have to buy the whole runner so it might not be worth it. You can al;so try asking for spare parts peopl might have in forums like hobbyfanatics.com or something.

Astrana 2008-05-04 19:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mister Mister (Post 1575355)
well, the piece that broke off and bounced off somewhere I didn't see, but from what was left on the head, it was a flat break with nothing to keep the broken piece on. so even if i did have all of the V-fin, I probably wouldn't have been able to glue it back straight.

try rebuilt the broken part with putty, then sand it to the desire shape
since it's already broken why not give it a shot

Like_Clockwork 2008-05-04 19:17

^sounds the cheapest and more or less most effective way of doing it :)

Like_Clockwork 2008-05-04 20:32

issues with Tamiya sprays.

So i was painting today with tamiya spray cans *pure white* and its not being very cooperative. When it dried spots arose where you could see the primer; little circles. It's also puddling up, even when I do light coats. **** this is really bothering me :frustrated:

beamknight87 2008-05-04 20:41

sup, I went to visit the Crystal Mall and holy crap, there's these two stores that are stacked with tons of gundam models. However, the prices are a little too hefty but man, they had possibly ALL MG models and even PG.
I can't decide between a Z Plus C1 or the GP03S Stamen (both for 40 CND plus ack, 12% tax -_-), any suggestions?

Astrana 2008-05-04 21:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Like_Clockwork (Post 1575747)
So i was painting today with tamiya spray cans *pure white* and its not being very cooperative. When it dried spots arose where you could see the primer; little circles. It's also puddling up, even when I do light coats. **** this is really bothering me :frustrated:

You are probably spraying too close. here is what Gamera taught me

"I usually spray at about 6-7 inches away. Another issue may be your technique. When i used spray paints, I pressed down on the can while the nozzle was not facing the part, and while the nozzle was depressed first, I move the part quickly across the spray path a couple of times. This is done relatively quickly, and if done correctly, you apply a thin layer of paint with each pass. Never start off with the spray can pointed directly at the part before you press the nozzle down,"

This is the best way to do it, if the white is too thin, just use the same method apply more layers. Only downfall with this is it drain can very fast

Quote:

Originally Posted by beamknight87 (Post 1575763)
sup, I went to visit the Crystal Mall and holy crap, there's these two stores that are stacked with tons of gundam models. However, the prices are a little too hefty but man, they had possibly ALL MG models and even PG.
I can't decide between a Z Plus C1 or the GP03S Stamen (both for 40 CND plus ack, 12% tax -_-), any suggestions?

how much are the other MGs?
Where I am unicorn sells for 70, old ones are range from 35-50, newer ones are 50-70.
Z plus C1's color is plain, GP03 is ok, nothing too special. Dunno, save money for Impulse and Musha hehe (my dealer told me any MG over 5000Yen would be good quality, Musha would probably be 70 CND in my City)

Like_Clockwork 2008-05-04 21:48

ahh thanks for the tip I'm probably spraying way to close. thanks a lot posi rep for you

beamknight87 2008-05-05 00:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Astrana (Post 1575896)
how much are the other MGs?
Where I am unicorn sells for 70, old ones are range from 35-50, newer ones are 50-70.
Z plus C1's color is plain, GP03 is ok, nothing too special. Dunno, save money for Impulse and Musha hehe (my dealer told me any MG over 5000Yen would be good quality, Musha would probably be 70 CND in my City)

mmm I guess you are right, better save for the Shin Musha lol. Some of the older MG's like the GP01Fb were from something like 28, but other like the Ex-S reached almost 90 CND. What could count as your "regular" MG was between an average of 40-50 bucks.

I wonder if the Musha will come with all the weapons its GFF version has...

Astrana 2008-05-05 11:45

^my guess is it will have all the weapons, but not sure about the different armor... I am kinda broke on MGs lol, gonna buy BB instead, they are pretty cool hehehe