AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

Rising Dragon 2008-12-18 03:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by console65 (Post 2114129)
GN Beam Shield? What do you mean?

The shoulder units that make up the "claw" emit a GN-Beam Shield.

duotiga 2008-12-18 06:07

cant wait to get the hands of hg arios :D what a big surprise for all of us

i bet gadessa will get the stand also

Miyamoto Shin 2008-12-18 06:10

Is Cherudim out yet??...I've been waiting for it for quite a while now, but it doesn't even give a sign of Releasing...

duotiga 2008-12-18 06:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miyamoto Shin (Post 2114304)
Is Cherudim out yet??...I've been waiting for it for quite a while now, but it doesn't even give a sign of Releasing...

dont worry...is nxt mth for 1/100 scale:heh:

Miyamoto Shin 2008-12-18 06:14

:rolleyes:..Actually I'm a Collector of 1/144 coz It's the best Size to fit in my Set...No Info yet m8??...:p

duotiga 2008-12-18 06:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miyamoto Shin (Post 2114314)
:rolleyes:..Actually I'm a Collector of 1/144 coz It's the best Size to fit in my Set...No Info yet m8??...:p

you're slow....is been out 2 mth ago :eyebrow:

Miyamoto Shin 2008-12-18 06:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by duotiga (Post 2114324)
you're slow....is been out last mth :eyebrow:

What!!???....I'll go now and Give some Nice kick on the ass of the Hobby SHop Owner!!!...Thanks for the Info by the way....

How come the 4 of Local Hobby stores around here didn't have it??...I think It's obviously because it's haven't released yet...Crap...

How about Seravee??...Is the Hg out already too??

And Another Question...Is HG Gn Virtue also Include Gn Nadleeh in it I??...

duotiga 2008-12-18 06:30

Seravee out last mth, cherudim out oct

HG Virtue/Nadeeh are seperate

LoweGear 2008-12-18 06:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miyamoto Shin (Post 2114332)
How come the 4 of Local Hobby stores around here didn't have it??...I think It's obviously because it's haven't released yet...Crap...

How about Seravee??...Is the Hg out already too??

And Another Question...Is HG Gn Virtue also Include Gn Nadleeh in it I??...

Where do you live anyway? Non-local (i.e. non-Japanese) stores will obviously get models at varying dates from their local release dates. In my case, it takes a month after release before models reach stores here (Philippines).

The HG Cherudim was released in October, while the HG Seravee was released last month.

Also, the HG Virtue and HG Nadleeh are separate model kits, and are more or less incompatible with each other (i.e. you can't use the Virtue's Armor on the Nadleeh).

Miyamoto Shin 2008-12-18 06:49

I'm in Indonesia...Obviously won't get em arrived here soon...Maybe Those stores want to wait for Arios to came out first then Get the Big 3 altogether into their Stock....
Oh well...Don't need to rush...Since I'm still busy looking for the late HG SEED models as I'm just collecting these stuffs for 3 months only ...Too late I know...I had hard time to find HG SEED Models beacuse most of them are Sold out already...Luckily I still managed to get Legend Gundam ( My All-Time favorite Gundam and My first Model I got..Needless to say I really treasured it), and SF, IJ, Ds, and Most of GAT-X Series Gundam....but No Akatsuki...NOOOO!!!!!....Is Akatsuki also Very rare to find in your place too???

Kelrys 2008-12-18 07:00

The HG 1/144 Akatsuki is overrated in my area so it is overpriced badly. RM170+ (is it priced at 2400 Yen, which is suppose to be around RM96+)

BTW, Dalong's Seravee review is up http://dalong.net/review/00/0h26/0h26_p.htm

LoweGear 2008-12-18 07:03

Strangely, both Shiranui and Oowashi Akatsuki kits are rather abundant here, at least from what I've seen. Specialty hobby shops and toy stores like Toy Kingdom have at least one of them in stock last I've seen, and 3 each in some places I've been to.

Miyamoto Shin 2008-12-18 07:06

Dammit...I envy your stores!!...There's not even a trace of HG Akatsuki here in my place which is sucks...I once asked to a Shop Owner, and they said that they afraid to stock it because of it's over-price...
But..About OverPriced...Isn't Akatsuki Model used different material??...You know...That Shiny Gold Colored Kits...What material is it??

LoweGear 2008-12-18 07:09

The Akatsuki models use chrome-plated plastic, which allows the finish to look very shiny, but pushes the price up as a result. Said coating is also prone to getting fingerprints, and is difficult to paint over.

Exia_00 2008-12-18 10:40

i got OO HG in OCT, and only now does Cherudim make its way to the shops now so i bought it, Seravee n Arios i hope they dont take too long :(.

also with akatsuki u have to be careful when u cut the pieces out cuz a bit of the coating might come off, tho they made it so that u cut underneath the coating

Celestial 2008-12-18 11:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exia_00 (Post 2114596)
i got OO HG in OCT, and only now does Cherudim make its way to the shops now so i bought it, Seravee n Arios i hope they dont take too long :(.

also with akatsuki u have to be careful when u cut the pieces out cuz a bit of the coating might come off, tho they made it so that u cut underneath the coating

Wouldn't that make sanding a pain?

Exia_00 2008-12-18 11:09

the parts where u cut the pieces of are located on parts that arent coated so they think u wont affect the coating half the time u wont but yeh, i guess the idea is that u dont sand the coating cuz the coating is only on the "top" side

LoweGear 2008-12-18 11:50

Maybe not for sanding down nubs and flash, but when you want to putty the thing to get rid of seamlines it's more or less assured you'll ruin the coating.

Hence, most professional modellers simply remove the entire gold coating first, then repaint it once complete.

Miyamoto Shin 2008-12-18 11:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoweGear (Post 2114674)
Maybe not for sanding down nubs and flash, but when you want to putty the thing to get rid of seamlines it's more or less assured you'll ruin the coating.

Hence, most professional modellers simply remove the entire gold coating first, then repaint it once complete.

OMg..That sound a lot like Pain...Seriously....It's good thing and also bad thing I didn't have It yet....I guess My skills won't be enough for it...

Anyway..LoweGear-san...I just realized your Sig...PLANETARIAN!!!!....damn...It makes me remember the good time and also the sad one I had with it...Poor Reverie...

LoweGear 2008-12-18 11:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miyamoto Shin (Post 2114677)
OMg..That sound a lot like Pain...Seriously....It's good thing and also bad thing I didn't have It yet....I guess My skills won't be enough for it...

Anyway..LoweGear-san...I just realized your Sig...PLANETARIAN!!!!....damn...It makes me remember the good time I had with it...Poor Reverie...

Well, as shown in reviews of the kit here and here, the Akatsuki kits do look good out of the box, and many of the seamlines aren't really noticeable. All that work is only needed if you're a perfectionist.

And yes, Reverie ;-;