AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

Sir Dearka 2010-01-30 18:53

Well, I own a 1/100 NG Dynames and two HG - the one that came with the GN Arms Type-D and the Trans-Am version. I moved the 1/144 guns to the Trans-Am ver. and it looks particularly astonishing :)

GN0010 Nosferatu 2010-01-30 19:49

Would anyone happen to know what variation of the GM is seen in this magazine scan?

http://f20.yahoofs.com/hkblog/_veuUf..._____D7C64Nlva

At first I thought it was the Strike Dagger from SEED, but it has RGM written next to it. So it's definitely from the UC series. But I can't really pinpoint which one it is.

Ideas?

EDIT: Never mind. I think I narrowed it down to the GM Kai from 0083.

Sworra 2010-01-31 03:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Dearka (Post 2892419)
Yeah, I mean exactly that. i am just worried that with all this hype and crazy releases such as GN-X variants and multum newer mecha choices, BANDAI would just discard Dynames as a suit of a dead character - not worthy or popular enough to be released in MG...

What i don't get is why would they bother releasing a GN-X MG when compared to a popular MS like the Dynames. Yeah i know they were due for a mass produced unit model kit but at least get out the ones that are at least a bit more popular then the ones that arent. I doubt that Dynames would ever be a discarded Suit. Another issue i have with Bandai is that the next MG is a Trans-am Exia, why even bother there is already one out, stupid Bandai and there marketing schemes. Lets just change the color of the plastic and slap a new name on it like TRANS AM and yeah people will buy it. Well if you really think about it if you wanted a Trans AM mode get a regular kit that is out already and paint it. Is it a demand from the public for this stuff, or is Bandai that stupid.

GNWeapon 2010-01-31 03:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sworra (Post 2892978)
What i don't get is why would they bother releasing a GN-X MG when compared to a popular MS like the Dynames. Yeah i know they were due for a mass produced unit model kit but at least get out the ones that are at least a bit more popular then the ones that arent. I doubt that Dynames would ever be a discarded Suit. Another issue i have with Bandai is that the next MG is a Trans-am Exia, why even bother there is already one out, stupid Bandai and there marketing schemes. Lets just change the color of the plastic and slap a new name on it like TRANS AM and yeah people will buy it. Well if you really think about it if you wanted a Trans AM mode get a regular kit that is out already and paint it. Is it a demand from the public for this stuff, or is Bandai that stupid.

As much as I like to agree with you, there are some points I have to disagree. We all know not everyone is capable of painting full kits (I'm not 1 of these), so they'd prefer Bandai to release a full re-color (in this case Trans-Am mode) as another kit.

Tormenk 2010-01-31 04:39

The GNX is ripe for exploitation compared to the Dynames anyway. One frame for many variations and re-colors is how Bandai earns money.

For the GNX there's the GNX-III and future GNX-IV ready, Advanced GNX and GNX-II from the side-stories if they want to milk those. May be there will be an incentive if Dynames-Repair is popular for the movie but as it is there's not much room to re-use the Dynames kit as much as the GNX potentially is.

SonicSP 2010-01-31 07:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu (Post 2889449)
MG GN-X looks pretty swell to me.

Hell, if I could, I'd buy it just for the Tau Drive.:D

Dude......you have no experience how to build one....>_> and a MG is not a good way to start.:(

And yes,I feel the same way too,the Tau Drive is super awesome though I feel like the whole thing is just so lackluster that its not wroth the money.

And they'll probably be recolors in the future as well,and the binders bother me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sworra (Post 2892978)

Bandai usually are not stupid,they factor in the demand of the lower grade models before they make a higher grade one.Sometimes,they come out with good strategies as well,like making a PG 00 [which appearently sold well] before making a MG well,while the series is still fresh in people's minds [And with a lackluster 1/100 to up the pressure too].

And recolors arent new either,Bandai has been doing it for awhile and appearently it works for them if they are indeed continuing this tradition for them.

And as mentioned,not everybody can paint the entire suit,there are those who just like to build it out of the box.

As for MG Dynames,it depends.Usually the only confirmed MG is the main character MS rather than the ally,even if it appears to be popular Bandai takes a risk by making it since designing and making the the new model costs money and not with a guaranteed return.It has to be exceptionally popular for it to happen.

Recolors on the other hand,cost little since the most of the costs and molds have been made with the original design,and all they need to do is recolor it,and they are indeed people who buy it.

Its possible but I dont think it will happen anytime soon.

I wonder if Ebikawa being the designer has something to do with Bandai's decision to rlease the MG Exia and GN-X?If thats the case,then Dynames is a bit more off since its not designed by Ebikawa but I guess we'll just have to wait for the next Anno Domini MG.

Sir Dearka 2010-01-31 10:57

Yeah, that's why I basically lost hope for any MG Dynames...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...l/DSC00275.jpg

Spoiler for Inglourious Buster ;):

GN0010 Nosferatu 2010-01-31 19:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonicSP (Post 2893132)
Dude......you have no experience how to build one....>_> and a MG is not a good way to start.:(

Tiz why I said I'd get it only for the Tau Drive.;)

Sworra 2010-01-31 19:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by GNWeapon (Post 2892989)
As much as I like to agree with you, there are some points I have to disagree. We all know not everyone is capable of painting full kits (I'm not 1 of these), so they'd prefer Bandai to release a full re-color (in this case Trans-Am mode) as another kit.

To me its way to soon to release a MG kit in the same form but different color.. It does go to the point of milking it. But it would of made sense to release the Trans am mode at the same time when Exia came out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tormenk (Post 2893029)
The GNX is ripe for exploitation compared to the Dynames anyway. One frame for many variations and re-colors is how Bandai earns money.

For the GNX there's the GNX-III and future GNX-IV ready, Advanced GNX and GNX-II from the side-stories if they want to milk those. May be there will be an incentive if Dynames-Repair is popular for the movie but as it is there's not much room to re-use the Dynames kit as much as the GNX potentially is.

Well i don't really want to piss anyone off but would you go out and buy all those Variations? I certainly wouldn't. Common sense again we are slaves to Bandai to buying another kit with 2 extra parts or a new color.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonicSP (Post 2893132)
Bandai usually are not stupid,they factor in the demand of the lower grade models before they make a higher grade one.Sometimes,they come out with good strategies as well,like making a PG 00 [which appearently sold well] before making a MG well,while the series is still fresh in people's minds [And with a lackluster 1/100 to up the pressure too].

And recolors arent new either,Bandai has been doing it for awhile and appearently it works for them if they are indeed continuing this tradition for them.

And as mentioned,not everybody can paint the entire suit,there are those who just like to build it out of the box.

As for MG Dynames,it depends.Usually the only confirmed MG is the main character MS rather than the ally,even if it appears to be popular Bandai takes a risk by making it since designing and making the the new model costs money and not with a guaranteed return.It has to be exceptionally popular for it to happen.

Recolors on the other hand,cost little since the most of the costs and molds have been made with the original design,and all they need to do is recolor it,and they are indeed people who buy it.

Its possible but I dont think it will happen anytime soon.

I wonder if Ebikawa being the designer has something to do with Bandai's decision to rlease the MG Exia and GN-X?If thats the case,then Dynames is a bit more off since its not designed by Ebikawa but I guess we'll just have to wait for the next Anno Domini MG.

I just noticed Bandai doing it more to this series then ever with the recolours. I wouldn't care if they do it to HG's but for MG's. Would you go and buy another kit that you already have? Even for how much a MG costs? I can't see why they can use all that milk money and create a new mold.

About painting? MG means a higher skill compared to a HG. If people can't paint then why would they bother taking up a MG anyway. If you want to paint give it a shot, you spent all that money on a MG anyways might aswell make it look even better.

GN0010 Nosferatu 2010-01-31 20:13

So, I decided to add some boosters to my MSIA Tieren. I think the end result came out pretty good. :D

Ardi220288 2010-01-31 22:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sworra (Post 2893961)
To me its way to soon to release a MG kit in the same form but different color.. It does go to the point of milking it. But it would of made sense to release the Trans am mode at the same time when Exia came out.

not really it would make more profit by releasing different colour later on than simultaneously. People could save their money first than being forced to choose between the two

Quote:

Well i don't really want to piss anyone off but would you go out and buy all those Variations? I certainly wouldn't. Common sense again we are slaves to Bandai to buying another kit with 2 extra parts or a new color. .

same thing could be said about the many MG astray variant soon ....... and I definitely don't mind for ADV GN-X superbia and GNX-IV. some people just love to complete their collection

Quote:

I just noticed Bandai doing it more to this series then ever with the recolours. I wouldn't care if they do it to HG's but for MG's. Would you go and buy another kit that you already have? Even for how much a MG costs? I can't see why they can use all that milk money and create a new mold. .

....because the demand is exist and high

Quote:

About painting? MG means a higher skill compared to a HG. If people can't paint then why would they bother taking up a MG anyway. If you want to paint give it a shot, you spent all that money on a MG anyways might aswell make it look even better.

well I for one don't have time (and skill) for it but I still love building MG with all the detail and I believe not everyone could or should

~Destiny~ 2010-01-31 22:39

Anyone got a site with a well made Masurao/Susanowo? I'd like some ideas on what to use for those wires that connect to the back

SonicSP 2010-02-01 02:27

Quote:

Well i don't really want to piss anyone off but would you go out and buy all those Variations? I certainly wouldn't. Common sense again we are slaves to Bandai to buying another kit with 2 extra parts or a new color.

I just noticed Bandai doing it more to this series then ever with the recolours. I wouldn't care if they do it to HG's but for MG's. Would you go and buy another kit that you already have? Even for how much a MG costs? I can't see why they can use all that milk money and create a new mold.

Well sometimes MG may require more skills but painting is not part of the basic requirements needed to build one.And there is a big step to go from just building to painting,so not necessaily everyone will paint.

Moreso in the case of Trans Am Exia because it involves a recoloring of the entire suit into a different color,which is even more extreme than say simply enchancing a part of the color.They are alot of those who do not have enough skills to do that on their own,yet they would want a MG class kit as well.

I do agree with you about the recoloring,frankly I wont buy the Trans Am even if I had the MG Exia,because I like the original better ,but they would probably be a few people who hasnt gotten a MG Exia now have the option of buying the prefered one.

As for whether the demand exists,I think it does.I dont personally see many people being to uptight about TransAm kits but for Bandai to release it there has to a be a reasonable demand,Bandai usually analyse their previous data and see.So I dont see them willing taking too much of a risk if there isnt a reasonable risk vs gains probability for them.

Its not much work either as making a new MG.They only need to recolor some molds they've already designed and make a new cover illustration.They dont need to re-engineer new things or even change any of the instructions illustrations,since its really just the same,so the effort and total design cost of it is lower than a new MG.

Besides,they probably made Trans Am so hyped up and awesome in the main show precisely for this reason.Its just milking time I guess.They know they are people who will buy this from being affected by Trans Am from the show.

They're probably just taking advantage of the Fixed Cost that they've already invested in the normal MG Exia in the designs in risk for more extra sales with MG Trans-Am,which just adds some to the Variable Costs,and they can always release it in smaller numbers in correspondance to their estimated sales projection,and as Ive mentioned its not like they're designing a new MG from scratch so they can afford to produced it in lower numbers.

Even if it doesnt sell well,thats just data for future releases,IE like whether they'll make a PG 00 Raiser Trans-Am for example.Bandai has been in the model kit business for a long time,they know the territory well.

Tormenk 2010-02-01 07:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Destiny~ (Post 2894152)
Anyone got a site with a well made Masurao/Susanowo? I'd like some ideas on what to use for those wires that connect to the back

This might help.

http://zgmfxg.web.fc2.com/GUNDAM00/M...MASURAO_1.html

~Destiny~ 2010-02-01 17:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tormenk (Post 2894594)

Thanks, I ended up just going to a hardware store to get some copper wires for it lol:p

GN0010 Nosferatu 2010-02-01 18:31

Amiami is doing 50% off on all international shipping. Woot woot!

Now is your chance to score some kits for half off. I know I will :D.

darkstrife 2010-02-01 18:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu (Post 2895500)
Amiami is doing 50% off on all international orders! Woot woot!

Now is your chance to score some kits for half off. I know I will :D.

i literally jumped off my chair when i saw this, but turns out its only half price on 'shipping' (EMS or SAL) not the actual kits themselves, but nonetheless any saving is better than no saving :p

GN0010 Nosferatu 2010-02-01 18:56

Woops, my bad, I forgot to add the whole shipping part. :(

astranagun 2010-02-02 06:03

New boxarts

http://superrobotwar.files.wordpress..._hgucsjbox.jpg

http://superrobotwar.files.wordpress..._mggetabox.jpg

http://superrobotwar.files.wordpress...2_hg007box.jpg

StratoSpear 2010-02-02 06:12

Lol @ Alvaaron

As for the 7-Swords 00..... Wished it came out earlier... now my wallet's.. empty.