AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   Higanbana no Saku Yoru ni (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=106281)

Joly 2011-07-04 18:48

Higanbana no Saku Yoru ni

Higanbana no Saku Yoru ni VN screenshots...

Rayneing 2011-07-04 20:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joly (Post 3678918)
Higanbana no Saku Yoru ni VN screenshots...

Is that real/official? What exactly is it?

Joly 2011-07-04 20:30

It's real/official. 07th Expansion's site has also changed to be Higanbana-themed. It will be released during Comiket 80. Not sure about the contents of it, but I've heard it will be a series of short stories.

TsundereCake 2011-07-05 15:59

When does the VN go on sale? I hope it's not ACTUALLY sold out on amiami already

Joly 2011-07-05 18:15

On AmiAmi, it mentions it will be released on 8/14. The Higanbana section is here. Reservations can be made on the 11th.

TsundereCake 2011-07-05 21:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joly (Post 3680186)
On AmiAmi, it mentions it will be released on 8/14. The Higanbana section is here. Reservations can be made on the 11th.

*Phew* I hate how amiami puts "sold out" as a placeholder :heh:

Roseweave 2011-07-08 16:51

The VN's art is way more stylish than before, it actually looks "good" but that girl's face is so messed up, urgh. Faces were R07's "thing" as well.

It looks like I might love this as well, but I don't know if I was "gorn" as you call it. I think after Umineko R07 got a lot of feedback that he was a much better horror writer than mystery.

Does this VN mean Umineko is "Properly" over now? No Rei? Or was Higurashi Rei released after the start of Umineko? I think it was.

Joly 2011-07-08 23:36

It could just mean that Ryukishi07 is taking a break from the "When They Cry" series for now...

Katsu Koneko 2011-07-09 09:04

Higanbana Visual Novel OP

*o* <3

Roseweave 2011-07-09 21:45

Anyone else translating Higanbana out of interest?

Maybe I'll just wait for the VN... it'll be Christmas before that's done at the very earliest I imagine.

Rias 2011-07-11 13:46

I havn't read rewrite yet, but I've yet to read a work from Ryukishi07 that has a believable and acceptable resolution an ending.

He's really good at the settings, building up, and climax parts, which always draws me back in... even tho after his big works I've always told myself to stop reading his work.

Well, hopefully the short story style of Higanbana will be better.

Yirba 2011-07-12 17:41

I suppose Witch Hunt might translate Higanbana, though we'll have to see what they say once Umineko's translation is complete.

If not, MangaGamer could release it (though I'm not sure copies of Higurashi have sold too well, so they may be reluctant to release this).

xBTAx 2011-07-12 17:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roseweave (Post 3683946)
The VN's art is way more stylish than before, it actually looks "good" but that girl's face is so messed up, urgh. Faces were R07's "thing" as well.

It looks like I might love this as well, but I don't know if I was "gorn" as you call it. I think after Umineko R07 got a lot of feedback that he was a much better horror writer than mystery.

Does this VN mean Umineko is "Properly" over now? No Rei? Or was Higurashi Rei released after the start of Umineko? I think it was.

IIRC there's a plan for Umineko Rei to come out at C81, along with the second OMK game and Higanbana's Second Night.

Leo_Otaku 2011-07-13 00:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yirba (Post 3688904)
I suppose Witch Hunt might translate Higanbana, though we'll have to see what they say once Umineko's translation is complete.

If not, MangaGamer could release it (though I'm not sure copies of Higurashi have sold too well, so they may be reluctant to release this).

I have heard it and seen on their sales page it is the top seller than in non ero.

I'm interested in the game but for gods sake he needs someone to draw the people!

Yirba 2011-07-13 13:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku (Post 3689249)
I have heard it and seen on their sales page it is the top seller than in non ero.

That's because Higurashi is MangaGamer's only non-ero game. Sure, there's Da Capo Innocent Finale, but it's an alternative setting to Da Capo, which is an ero. Kira Kira All-Ages Version is just Kira Kira with the ero scenes removed. Higurashi is the only game that's always been 100% non-ero.

Also, I managed to extract the following image from the 07th Expansion's homepage banner. If anyone wants…

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2..._higanbana.png
(click thumbnail for full size)

I also managed to get details for the OP (YouTube / higanbana1.mpg)…

Title: 愛しを渡るは黄昏ぞ (Aishi o wataru wa tasogare zo)
Lyrics: 佐倉かなえ (Sakura Kanae) and ラック眼力 (Rakku Ganriki, Luck Ganriki)
Composers: dai (dai) and ラック眼力 (Rakku Ganriki, Luck Ganriki)
Arrangement: ラック眼力 (Rakku Ganriki) and (dai) dai
Vocals: 木野寧 (Kino Nei, Nei Kino)

It's good to see the return of dai (who everyone should remember), Sakura Kanae (provided vocals for discode), Luck Ganriki and Kino Nei (respectively composed and provided vocals for Happy Maria!).

Kirroha 2011-07-22 10:20

I wish he'd just get someone to do the art already.

Yirba 2011-07-22 15:57

It's funny you should say that, considering 07th Expansion started out making trading cards for which Ryukishi07 would draw the illustrations. :-P I think that his illustrations has become a core part of 07th Expansion's identity, and it just wouldn't feel right if anyone else drew them. I guess there might be a console port if the game sells well enough…

sona-nyl 2011-07-23 04:41

I don't consider Ryukishi's art bad. His art in higurashi was "bad". But he keeps developing. He just has a style that is pretty different.

Yirba 2011-07-25 15:58

"He keeps developing." Hmmm… his art style certainly has changed over the years.

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...kishiArt-1.png
(click thumbnail for full size)

Y'know, the Higurashi art style is still my favourite.

Joly 2011-07-26 00:07

^ I think this might look better if you could find a better picture of the long dark blue-haired girl that shows up during the Higanbana OP.