AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

beamknight87 2008-03-04 01:23

In for 6000th post



lol


that aside, just saw the GFF X-3 I'm missing, but damn I need to manage my finances so it will have to wait until the weekend >_<

Astrana 2008-03-04 01:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fome (Post 1438344)
I have a modeling question. How does one go about panel lining over a painted surface? I usually clean up panel lines by rubbing with tissue or scraping with a toothpick, but if the surface is already painted, wouldn't I destroy the coat of paint?

not sure about painted surface, i saw it some where suggesting using erasers

LoweGear 2008-03-04 05:08

Can you spot the difference?

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/a...ns/0803_08.jpg

The blue strips on the Exia are now red...

duotiga 2008-03-04 06:50

Action Base 2 (sparkle red) - for the HG Gundam Thrones, April, 525 yen

frm Gunota

Shiro-Oh! 2008-03-04 08:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Critias (Post 1438159)
You should also be aware that the Sword Pack is compatible with the HG Strike if you mod the pack slightly. Instructions for doing so are included though.

So they require a bit of modification to be compatible with the HG Strike? Fair enough. I can't wait for the MG Launcher/Sword Strike, so I'm willing to get all three Strikers in 1/144 just to compensate with it. ^_^;

Quote:

Originally Posted by beamknight87 (Post 1438260)
lol, just finished separating the pieces of the PG Skygrasper from the runners and packed it in a box along the RX-78-2 OYW. Guess this puny plane will be the last thing I will have the motivation to work on -_-

How would you know which parts are which? :twitch: LOL!

duotiga 2008-03-04 08:30

for the NG Sword pack into HG Strike, you need to replace the left shoulder with the sword pack if you see carefully....

LightningZERO 2008-03-04 08:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoweGear (Post 1438814)
Can you spot the difference?

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/a...ns/0803_08.jpg

The blue strips on the Exia are now red...

Weird, red? That's a weird choice of color...

And the red Action Base, just as planned :p

beamknight87 2008-03-04 11:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Unknown Ace (Post 1439004)
How would you know which parts are which? :twitch: LOL!

As I have done with the rest of the models, I separate the pieces in little plastic bags according to the parts they form (head, torso, waist, right lef, right arm, etc). It is quite easy to recognize them :D

Noppapana 2008-03-04 12:04

to all unicorn owners:
kinda curious, did some of you paint the red clear partsor did you leave it as it is?
i saw in dengeki hobby, they used a different paintjob for it.

Shiro-Oh! 2008-03-04 15:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoweGear (Post 1438814)
Can you spot the difference?

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/a...ns/0803_08.jpg

The blue strips on the Exia are now red...

I was kinda hoping for the chest orb to be in a glowing green color... Oh well, you can always paint those green. Anyway, any word on how much its going to cost?

Quote:

Originally Posted by LightningZERO (Post 1439046)
And the red Action Base, just as planned :p

LOL! If I remember correctly, you were the one who predicted this would come. :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by beamknight87 (Post 1439221)
As I have done with the rest of the models, I separate the pieces in little plastic bags according to the parts they form (head, torso, waist, right lef, right arm, etc). It is quite easy to recognize them :D

Smart! =D It would've been chaotic if you just put the parts in a box. XD

GameraBaenre 2008-03-04 15:46

Quote:

This March at MMC we're having our "Federation vs. Zeon" model contest. You can enter mobile suits our other ships or vehicle from Gundam's "Universal Century" timeline - just about anything that is clearly associated with either the Earth Federation or the Principality of Zeon (including Titans, Neo Zeon, Londo Bell, etc.) As part of your entry you declare which side you're entering on - either Federation or Zeon.

The contest will be split into two stages: the first stage pits entries from Federation against entries from Zeon until one side is eliminated. In this way we will settle, once and for all, the question of which side is "better". The second stage picks out the contest winners from the entries that made it past the first stage (the "survivors").

Some of us at MMC want to encourage entrants to support our favorite sides in this contest: so we're offering bounties, model kits awarded at random to one of the "survivors", depending on which side wins.

If Zeon wins, I'm offering a MG Kampfer to a randomly-selected "survivor".
If the Federation wins, a MG Groundtype Gundam (RX-79G) is being offered.
Additionally, there will be a random drawing among all entries in the March contest for an Iwata airbrush.
More prizes may be announced as the event approaches.

So if you're interested in helping determine the outcome, want to buck for a prize, or just feel like entering a Gundam model contest, we encourage you to enter the contest during the month of March.
The contest is on, check it out here: http://www.mechamodelcomp.com/
Some cool prizes are going to be given away too....

Meehlimo 2008-03-04 21:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoweGear (Post 1438814)
Can you spot the difference?

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/a...ns/0803_08.jpg

The blue strips on the Exia are now red...

if u notice Nadleeh his head blue bans r read. maybe sum second mode the gundams have?

X207 2008-03-04 21:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoweGear (Post 1438814)
Can you spot the difference?

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/a...ns/0803_08.jpg

The blue strips on the Exia are now red...

wasnt that the MA that appeared in ep 21 to save tieria:confused: ?

LightningZERO 2008-03-04 21:47

Yeap. GN Arms can combine with Gundams to become GN Armor. But there's only one for Exia now

chitgoks 2008-03-04 22:04

wow.. painting the hairful virtue is a pain... or do they supply the hair as colored already? man.. virtue must look fat with its bulky armor in it

ReverseFate 2008-03-04 22:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Unknown Ace (Post 1439602)
I was kinda hoping for the chest orb to be in a glowing green color... Oh well, you can always paint those green. Anyway, any word on how much its going to cost?

It is 5,775 Yen, which is around 55 dollars.

X207 2008-03-04 22:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by LightningZERO (Post 1440228)
Yeap. GN Arms can combine with Gundams to become GN Armor. But there's only one for Exia now

ty, reminds me of the meteor system, i sure hope its retains manuevearbility when equipped. looks kinda bulky vs high mobility MS.

mangatron 2008-03-05 08:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Unknown Ace (Post 1439004)
So they require a bit of modification to be compatible with the HG Strike? Fair enough. I can't wait for the MG Launcher/Sword Strike, so I'm willing to get all three Strikers in 1/144 just to compensate with it. ^_^;

If you really can't wait, you can check out my blog here, http://animangatron.blogspot.com/200...-i-dowell.html and divulge in my 1/144 Strike packs in use. I went so crazy as to get two of the Sword packs, one for my Dagger and one for my Strike :heh: Just so you know, the only things you need to do with the FG 1/144 packs is just cut 2-3 little stubs sticking out of within the respective shoulder packs. Can use a kindergarten scissor for that lol.

Man, I miss my collection. Been two years already since I've seen it. What I'm worried about is my most prized possesion, the HG 1/144 Sword Calamity/Limited Edition Sword parts that I accidentaly made into another Astray variation (first Sword Calamity was red, for the life of me I painted it blue and then realized it was supposed to be red). One jump into mahq.net changed my life and I stuck with the blue :heh: You can see it in the picture.

By the way, to answer a potential question, yes, that big grey-red Zaku II is the Perfect Grade one, painted after my horiffic revelation of the pinky colors. I then had this crazy thought of doing a phase-down version in line with the GAT series.... :heh:

Shiro-Oh! 2008-03-05 09:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReverseFate (Post 1440270)
It is 5,775 Yen, which is around 55 dollars.

Sounds reasonable. With a price like that, I sure hope it's well detailed. Thanks, by the way. =)

Quote:

Originally Posted by mangatron (Post 1441144)
If you really can't wait, you can check out my blog here, http://animangatron.blogspot.com/200...-i-dowell.html and divulge in my 1/144 Strike packs in use. I went so crazy as to get two of the Sword packs, one for my Dagger and one for my Strike :heh: Just so you know, the only things you need to do with the FG 1/144 packs is just cut 2-3 little stubs sticking out of within the respective shoulder packs. Can use a kindergarten scissor for that lol.

Man, I miss my collection. Been two years already since I've seen it. What I'm worried about is my most prized possesion, the HG 1/144 Sword Calamity/Limited Edition Sword parts that I accidentaly made into another Astray variation (first Sword Calamity was red, for the life of me I painted it blue and then realized it was supposed to be red). One jump into mahq.net changed my life and I stuck with the blue :heh: You can see it in the picture.

By the way, to answer a potential question, yes, that big grey-red Zaku II is the Perfect Grade one, painted after my horiffic revelation of the pinky colors. I then had this crazy thought of doing a phase-down version in line with the GAT series.... :heh:

That's one superb collection, dude. I like what you did to your PG Zaku; very interesting color scheme. =) Are all your models painted? I can't really tell just by looking at those pics. I only paint mine partially(sections that aren't molded in their right color), with the addition of panel lining. :heh:

And one more question: About your Dendrobium and Nueu Ziel, are those the 1/550 that are sold separately, or the 1/400 that are packed together? Either way, they look amazing. I just gotta figure out which one to get. :heh:

Thanks!

duotiga 2008-03-05 11:19

1/100Virtue/Nadleeh review

http://www.geocities.jp/hetare_d_max/galle...damNadleeh.html

beamknight87 2008-03-05 12:52

sup, thinking that maybe the HG 1/100 Astray Red Frame will be a good buy since a katana wielding Gundam is pure win to me but it seems like it needs some paint job to achieve a decent look. Anyone knows if it is worth it?

Shiro-Oh! 2008-03-05 15:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by beamknight87 (Post 1441506)
sup, thinking that maybe the HG 1/100 Astray Red Frame will be a good buy since a katana wielding Gundam is pure win to me but it seems like it needs some paint job to achieve a decent look. Anyone knows if it is worth it?

The 1/100 is not a bad kit. Compared to the 1/144, it doesn't require a lot of painting. The katana, however, requires tremendous amount of painting. >_>

mangatron 2008-03-05 21:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Unknown Ace (Post 1441200)

That's one superb collection, dude. I like what you did to your PG Zaku; very interesting color scheme. =) Are all your models painted? I can't really tell just by looking at those pics. I only paint mine partially(sections that aren't molded in their right color), with the addition of panel lining. :heh:

Thanks, the only ones that were heavily painted were the ones that had special occasions for them, ie the Dendrobium (an entirely white kit lol), the PG Zaku (didn't like the pink), HG 1/144 Aegis (pink as well :frustrated: ) wait that emote is pink oh noe lol, HG 1/144 Sword Calamity (wanted to put the Sword kit to good MSV use), 1/100 Strike Freedom (bad contest choice I did lol), and the three druggies, Calamity, Raider and Forbidden (which all 3, oddly enough had mostly one color to their parts). The rest I did as you said, painted the sections that weren't molded in their respective color. What also makes my Sword Calamity special is that I didn't use Gundam markers, I used a mix of Enamel and water based paints. PG Zaku was spray painted with a graffiti style paint :heh:

Quote:

And one more question: About your Dendrobium and Nueu Ziel, are those the 1/550 that are sold separately, or the 1/400 that are packed together? Either way, they look amazing. I just gotta figure out which one to get. :heh:

Thanks!
Yes, the Dendrobium and Neue Ziel are the HG Mechanics 1/550 models. I sure wished my 1/144 Dendrobium was in that pic, that kit mysteriously vanished in the mail shortly after posting my blog post, and that's one investment I may never see again :( of course, that all happened while I was not home, so here's hoping the management for my apartment have it in their office somewhere :)

I do like that both of those 1/550 models come with their own special display stand. I would've sued bandai if they hadn't included them :heh: :heh: :heh:

beamknight87 2008-03-05 21:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Unknown Ace (Post 1441857)
The 1/100 is not a bad kit. Compared to the 1/144, it doesn't require a lot of painting. The katana, however, requires tremendous amount of painting. >_>

I see, have looked a bit around the web, seems to be even much better than some old MG's lol. Frankly I don't mind doing the paintjob it requires. First I was thinking grabbing the Exia but I'm still hoping for the MG release soon and heck, the Astraea is coming out soon.
Guess the Red Astray grabbed my attention for its sword and capacity to do a wannabe Sanger pose lol :D Now I just hope the store in which I saw one still has it or I'm screwed >_< (I'm so blaming my sorry ass for not getting it when I had the chance)

MakubeX2 2008-03-06 07:41

Leaked plans of 1/144 HG Nadleeh from Bandai :-

http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/8...3189334dd7.jpg

Hmm....

Plutone's Weapons for 1/144 HG Nadleeh. Indication of a 1/144 HG Plutone in the works ?

LoweGear 2008-03-06 08:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakubeX2 (Post 1443335)
Leaked plans of 1/144 HG Nadleeh from Bandai :-

http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/8...3189334dd7.jpg

Hmm....

Plutone's Weapons for 1/144 HG Nadleeh. Indication of a 1/144 HG Plutone in the works ?

That's certainly a surprise, guess that's one very good reason to buy this Nadleeh. Though if they make a Plutone I'll be getting that one first :D

Shiro-Oh! 2008-03-06 08:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by mangatron (Post 1442421)
Thanks, the only ones that were heavily painted were the ones that had special occasions for them, ie the Dendrobium (an entirely white kit lol), the PG Zaku (didn't like the pink), HG 1/144 Aegis (pink as well :frustrated: ) wait that emote is pink oh noe lol, HG 1/144 Sword Calamity (wanted to put the Sword kit to good MSV use), 1/100 Strike Freedom (bad contest choice I did lol), and the three druggies, Calamity, Raider and Forbidden (which all 3, oddly enough had mostly one color to their parts). The rest I did as you said, painted the sections that weren't molded in their respective color. What also makes my Sword Calamity special is that I didn't use Gundam markers, I used a mix of Enamel and water based paints. PG Zaku was spray painted with a graffiti style paint :heh:

LOL, so the Dendrobuim is basically molded in white, huh? More painting for me then, as I plan to get this kit along with Nueu Ziel. XD I, too, don't use Gundam markers(or any other markers for that matter) when it comes to panel lining. I use a flat acrylic based paint heavily thinned with Windex. XD I think "wash method" is what they call it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mangatron (Post 1442421)
Yes, the Dendrobium and Neue Ziel are the HG Mechanics 1/550 models. I sure wished my 1/144 Dendrobium was in that pic, that kit mysteriously vanished in the mail shortly after posting my blog post, and that's one investment I may never see again :( of course, that all happened while I was not home, so here's hoping the management for my apartment have it in their office somewhere :)

Aww, man, someone stole your 1/144 Dendrobium? That's horrible! =( Hopefully, your apartment manager has it somewhere safe. That's a heavy loss considering its price. I'm trying to save up so I can buy this kit, but with all these new models coming out, I don't think I'll have the will to continue on saving. :heh: So for now, I guess I'll just get the 1/550 ones.

Quote:

Originally Posted by beamknight87 (Post 1442476)
I see, have looked a bit around the web, seems to be even much better than some old MG's lol. Frankly I don't mind doing the paintjob it requires. First I was thinking grabbing the Exia but I'm still hoping for the MG release soon and heck, the Astraea is coming out soon.
Guess the Red Astray grabbed my attention for its sword and capacity to do a wannabe Sanger pose lol :D Now I just hope the store in which I saw one still has it or I'm screwed >_< (I'm so blaming my sorry ass for not getting it when I had the chance)

Go for it! =D Get your sorry ass outta the couch and get that kit ASAP! XD LOL! As for the Exia, I'll say wait for the MG. I'm pretty sure Bandai's working on it. =)

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakubeX2 (Post 1443335)
Leaked plans of 1/144 HG Nadleeh from Bandai :-

http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/8...3189334dd7.jpg

Hmm....

Plutone's Weapons for 1/144 HG Nadleeh. Indication of a 1/144 HG Plutone in the works ?

Looking at the picture, are those headers pointing at the hair or the GN Drive? If it's pointing at the hair, does it say what its made of? Very interesting indeed; with Plutone's weapons included, you can't go wrong with this kit. Can't wait. :)

LoweGear 2008-03-06 08:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Unknown Ace (Post 1443367)
Looking at the picture, are those headers pointing at the hair or the GN Drive? If it's pointing at the hair, does it say what its made of? Very interesting indeed; with Plutone's weapons included, you can't go wrong with this kit. Can't wait. :)

I think they're pointing at the hairs :heh:

On second look though after browsing through some Plutone images... they're not actually Plutone's weapons at all, but weapons that just look similar. They're completely new for this Nadleeh though...

Here's a Plutone image showing off its weapons, as you can see they're not the same

MakubeX2 2008-03-06 08:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Unknown Ace (Post 1443367)
Looking at the picture, are those headers pointing at the hair or the GN Drive? If it's pointing at the hair, does it say what its made of? Very interesting indeed; with Plutone's weapons included, you can't go wrong with this kit. Can't wait. :)

It says the hair will be made of more flexible material, namely PTE, which will allow it to fuction more like a coat and thus the turning of the head will not be burden by the hair.

The addtion of the weapons is a nice gimmick. But I will be grateful if Sunrise will show them in action before the planned destruction of Nadleeh.

LightningZERO 2008-03-06 11:12

I think these weapons will show up in the series soon, I'm just surprised that Nadleeh has new weapons instead of using Virtue's Beam Cannon.

duotiga 2008-03-06 11:20

wow a surprise.....

EXEs 2008-03-06 11:25

For those interested, there is a Plutone kit, but no news on released on anything. Pics below
http://aycu28.webshots.com/image/410...1652953_rs.jpg
http://aycu32.webshots.com/image/414...5499911_rs.jpg
http://aycu07.webshots.com/image/445...5497034_rs.jpg

Spitfire 2008-03-06 11:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by EXEs (Post 1443560)

Thats only a scratch build, its not an official kit.

Terra 2008-03-06 12:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakubeX2 (Post 1443384)
It says the hair will be made of more flexible material, namely PTE, which will allow it to fuction more like a coat and thus the turning of the head will not be burden by the hair.

The addtion of the weapons is a nice gimmick. But I will be grateful if Sunrise will show them in action before the planned destruction of Nadleeh.

Keep the rumour crap in the rumour topic. That was the whole point of it.

Shiro-Oh! 2008-03-06 12:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoweGear (Post 1443378)
I think they're pointing at the hairs :heh:

On second look though after browsing through some Plutone images... they're not actually Plutone's weapons at all, but weapons that just look similar. They're completely new for this Nadleeh though...

Here's a Plutone image showing off its weapons, as you can see they're not the same

I see. The shield, however, looks pretty much the same, just different color.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakubeX2 (Post 1443384)
It says the hair will be made of more flexible material, namely PTE, which will allow it to fuction more like a coat and thus the turning of the head will not be burden by the hair.

That's good to hear. If it is going to be as flexible as what they say, there won't be a need for a hair modification then. :heh:

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakubeX2 (Post 1443384)
I will be grateful if Sunrise will show them in action before the planned destruction of Nadleeh.

I sure hope so, too. They are releasing the GN-Arms in accordance to its debut on the show. Hopefully, they can do same to Nadleeh.

JackRydden224 2008-03-07 06:30

Hey guys, I'm looking to get back in to building models so I need to get my tools and all of that again. What are some reputable shops online these days besides rainbow ten and hlj?

thanks

beamknight87 2008-03-07 21:32

thankfully my trip to Richmond paid off. Got that 1/100 Astray Red Frame. Still have not separated the parts into plastic bags and crammed them into a box lol. The sword looks just great ^^. Also picked up a sheet of SEED decals, maybe I'll place some of the ORB and OMNI ones on this model just to give it a little more detail.

LoweGear 2008-03-07 22:21

Spoiler for Some leaked image of HG 1/144 Gundam Throne Drei:

Okadashi 2008-03-07 22:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoweGear (Post 1447005)
Spoiler for Some leaked image of HG 1/144 Gundam Throne Drei:

That is nice. What's your source?

LoweGear 2008-03-07 22:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Okadashi (Post 1447008)
That is nice. What's your source?

Here

Toysdaily

They also have other pics for the MG Launcher/Sword Strike and the MG Gelgoog MP.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:40.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.