AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Fairy Tail (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   Fairy Tail - Music discussion (OP/ED & OST, etc.) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=98993)

White Manju Bun 2010-11-11 20:28

Feel free to discuss any music related subjects for Fairy Tail here (OP/ED & OST, etc.). As the usual rule, NO POSTING LINKS TO MP3s OR ASKING FOR THEM. You may buy them at the usual place such as cdjapan and what not, but DO NOT ask for or post links to any music downloads. This includes, but isn't limited to:
  • any RAR, ZIP, 7-ZIP archive
  • Torrents
  • The names of other BT sites that list music torrents
  • Direct downloads

Shiroth 2010-11-12 06:43

Just want to start off by saying that Yasuharu Takanashi's score for the series is without a doubt one of the best parts of the adaptation. I haven't found one out of place piece at all in the first episode, and as the arcs pass, new material used for certain scenes just makes said scene all the more powerful. Seriously a nice job.

Can't say anything about the OPs or EDs. There hasn't been one i've liked yet.

Keroko 2010-11-12 08:14

As much as I occasionally raise my eyebrows at the animation choices, the music is without a doubt one of the better scores in anime recently. Especially the organ and chorus that pops up during evil moments, though I do think they should be a bit more selective in using that. Throwing the same song every time and it'll get old eventually.

GreatTeacherKen 2010-11-12 18:44

I think the best thing about this series is easily the OST; I consider it one of my favorite anime OSTs. While some pieces are reused quite a bit, the songs are awesome and fit the mood of the series so it doesn't bother me much.

Kafriel 2010-11-13 05:36

At first the music was rather generic and nothing special, but later on I was immersed in the OST and the OP/ED songs are getting better, although they're still in the ordinary zone. As FT is a pretty dramatic series, I feel that the music brings out the true potential of the events that unravel along with the melody of emotions.

blewin 2010-11-14 03:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiroth (Post 3342581)
Just want to start off by saying that Yasuharu Takanashi's score for the series is without a doubt one of the best parts of the adaptation. I haven't found one out of place piece at all in the first episode, and as the arcs pass, new material used for certain scenes just makes said scene all the more powerful. Seriously a nice job.

same here. I love all the background music and don't like the OP and ED (except for the 1 ED showing Laxus as a kid). The BGM just makes the anime sooo much better.

dave1992 2010-11-14 08:33

OST is a win, for OP/ED, somehow i liked almost all ED but don't like all OP.

Crimrui 2010-11-14 12:36

OST is by all means worth every praise, it's beyond awesome and they always insert it at the right moment. From OP&ED, I'll pick the last two openings which I think were alright, but nothing that I would use for daily listening music.

Bonta Kun 2010-11-14 16:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiroth (Post 3342581)

+1

Best OST I've heard in quite awhile besides OP's ongoing score.

Have to agree that the OP and ED's haven't been great but i don't mind the ED as much. The later ones been rather nice but I expected better given how the OST is.

Azami 2010-11-15 18:28

I really liked the background music that was used for the fight against Oracion Seis in episode 53.

GoldfishLantec 2010-12-23 14:31

Does anyone know when the new soundtrack will be coming out?

Shiroth 2010-12-23 15:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldfishLantec (Post 3405037)
Does anyone know when the new soundtrack will be coming out?

I haven't found a release date yet for the third soundtrack. :(

blewin 2010-12-28 20:30

great music as ever. Waiting eagerly for the new soundtrack!

Kuroi Hadou 2011-01-03 22:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by blewin (Post 3412371)
great music as ever. Waiting eagerly for the new soundtrack!

Agreed. I think my favorite thing about this anime is the music, especially how the style matures but doesn't change.

It's just me 2011-01-28 03:53

Be as one,,,

The last episode's ending was so damn awesome XD

It was great - especially after putting Gray in the end!

Tempest35 2011-02-06 15:01

I love the new opening as well - kinda wish they played this one at the start of the series - it really fits with the tone of the series.

Sprite_Coke 2011-02-16 02:08

I just heard a track from Lil'B 's album that sounds like onelifecrew's Merry Go Round (ED2)

kache 2011-02-22 14:43

Finally my microSD (for the clip+) has arrived, and I've been listening to the soundtrack in loop the last 2 days. :cool:
The entire soundtrack is beautiful, but some songs, like Shishi no Seirei and Kurogane, are simply godlike! :kisskiss:

ars89 2011-03-04 15:32

little late, but the OST is is truly one of the bests i've ever heard

Bern-san 2011-03-14 15:55

didn't know where to put this, but was searching for AMVs on youtube and found some LucyxNatsu which were great (maybe they should make an AMV thread?)

Spoiler for not very long but cute:

Spoiler for love how this person edited the images, and the kiss at the end looks like it really happened: