AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   General Anime (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Your favorite anime movie of all time? (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=31563)

jzmagic 2006-04-27 21:55

Your favorite anime movie of all time?

mine would have to be Kenshin - Trust/Betrayal. this is my favorite movie of all time. its so freakin emotionally powerful that its hard for me to sit thru the whole movie without stopping.

TnAdct1 2006-04-28 12:11

For me, my favorite anime film is the Utena movie. When I first saw this at Nekocon 2001, I originally went in to see this as something to kill time before karaoke started. However, once I got in, save for a few times where I checked on the karaoke session, I ended up staying there for the whole film and was interested in picking the DVD up in the dealers' room the next (unforuately, it was sold out).

Homeschooler_Jenni 2006-04-28 12:21

I really liked Samura X and I liked The FMA movie (first one didnt see second) and ummm...crap I don't know @.@

hooliganj 2006-04-28 17:45

Probably Satoshi Kon's Millennium Actress. The production may not have been tip-top, but the combination of an excellent script with artful directing created a very moving film.

Hitsugaya Whirl 2006-04-30 14:48

Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children.

Granted, it's not really an anime, but it's the best movie I've seen and it beats all the other anime movies ^^

Vaines 2006-04-30 14:53

Ah! My Goddess : The Movie (the one that follows the OVAs) simply because it made me feel so intense emotions and cry, I really thought that (damn I can't find what the spoiler tag is so i'll say it in some mysterious way :p) what seemed was going to happen would happen.

Huhtis 2006-04-30 15:05

Hands down the winner of anime movies
Cowboy Bebop: Knockin on heavens door
:bow:

Leo_Otaku 2006-04-30 18:57

Jungle Emperor Leo (1997 movie) hands down

Kamui4356 2006-04-30 19:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vaines
(damn I can't find what the spoiler tag is

[spoiler]text here[/spoiler]

Anyway, I also liked the AMG! movie. I don't really watch many feature length anime, I prefer series. Out of my anime dvd collection, I have maybe 5 movies, and just about all of them are related to series I own. If I had to chose one, I'd have to say it's either the AMG! movie, End of Eva, or the Nadesico movie. Though that isn't really chosing one, is it?:heh:

Crimen Scythe 2006-04-30 19:52

I dont really watch many anime movies but from the ones i have seen, i'd say my favs are:
The End of Evangelion (it was just a stunning conclusion to one of the best anime series i have ever seen IMO)
Samurai X - Trust and Betrayal (it had great animation, good music, superb action scenes, and a tragic tone that just sinks into your soul...)
Akira - (rather old...but it was entertaining and it revolutionized the anime industry and all other anime that succeeded it)
i dont remember any other good anime movies atm...

evillily 2006-04-30 22:18

Hikaru no go & Princess Mononoke!!!

ginko51 2006-04-30 22:43

I know I haven't really wtached that many anime movies but the ones I watched were all pretty much boring at some point.

Daniel E. 2006-04-30 23:48

Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind

God only knows how many times I have actually watched this. :heh:

nixie 2006-05-01 02:34

Spirited Away and Tokyo Godfathers. Former has that folksy feel that I love so much, latter is totally hillarious and fun. I also like Steamboy for its awesome animation, but I guess the story's a bit generic.

JKL 2006-05-01 02:43

Koukaku Kidoutai.

Vaines 2006-05-01 06:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kamui4356
[spoiler]text here[/spoiler]

Anyway, I also liked the AMG! movie. I don't really watch many feature length anime, I prefer series. Out of my anime dvd collection, I have maybe 5 movies, and just about all of them are related to series I own. If I had to chose one, I'd have to say it's either the AMG! movie, End of Eva, or the Nadesico movie. Though that isn't really chosing one, is it?:heh:

No it isn't exactly choosing :p Anyways thanks for the tag! I thought about it being like that, considering this forum uses BBCode and not HTML, but I didn't want to risk posting a spoiler.

Hehe you're exactly like me, I also don't watch movies alone that are not part of shows, apart if they're Gibli movies (I liked Mononoke and Laputa! The Castle in the Sky).

Sector 6 Slum 2006-05-01 07:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by jzmagic
mine would have to be Kenshin - Trust/Betrayal. this is my favorite movie of all time. its so freakin emotionally powerful that its hard for me to sit thru the whole movie without stopping.

i agree- it's my favourite as well (including the second OVA, Reflection). the whole theme of forgiveness/redemption really gives the story a very realistic feel- in contrast to the usual comedy and action that we find in the series.

BFTAaron 2006-05-01 11:46

I am a big fan of hayao miyazaki films. Studio Ghibili has put out some reall great movies.

Yashiro 2006-05-01 19:10

I adore Nausicaa and Totoro. Well, most of Ghibli I love, but those two especially.

MarcusG 2006-05-01 20:25

Iam old school. It will have to be Ninja Scroll.