AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   (L) Inu X Boku SS (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=105754)

MisaoFan 2011-07-22 15:57

Inu X Boku SS

Inu X Boku SS gets TV anime. Source
http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/1778/253916.jpg
Original creator : Cocoa Fujiwara
Production : Aniplex

Official website

Plot Summary : Riricho Shirakiin is a young woman still living in his family home. It has, indeed, fear of living alone. However, it will eventually feel the need to move away from his family to live on her own. It is found as well in the hotel 'Ayakashi Kan'. But in this particular hotel, only those who have undergone a strict review can reside while being accompanied by a Secret Service agent (SS). Although Riricho rejected the SS officer in charge of security, she discovers that this same agent is none other than the spirit of the fox that she saved my life !

SwiftStrike 2011-07-22 19:32

Nice, lets hope the artwork is just as good in the anime :)

Yushi 2011-07-22 22:46

O_O Wow! I exclaimed 'WHAT!?' when I saw the title...I would never imagine this series being animated. Not because it's not good, but because it always seemed like a 'low key' type of series. That is great news indeed! :D

Leo_Otaku 2011-07-22 23:29

I would love to see this animated ^-^ Any release date in sight?

tyciol 2011-07-27 23:45

So is this Hayate no Gotoku meets Kanon?

PreSage 2011-08-09 23:27

My reaction on first seeing this was...OMG! REALLY?!! I am so looking forward to this - hope the character design, and such, is as good as the manga's, or nearly so.

SwiftStrike 2011-08-29 10:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku (Post 3700345)
I would love to see this animated ^-^ Any release date in sight?

Latest news update: According to website, anime is scheduled to air January 2012

(and cast list is up - http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...r-january-2012)

AdamEndless9 2011-11-03 15:13

The first commercial spot is up:
http://www.inuboku.tv/movie/index.html

Ravenblitz 2011-11-23 06:12

http://i.imgur.com/iWgADl.jpg

frubam 2011-11-23 08:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisaoFan (Post 3699885)
Plot Summary : Riricho Shirakiin is a young woman still living in his family home. It has, indeed, fear of living alone. However, it will eventually feel the need to move away from his family to live on her own. It is found as well in the hotel 'Ayakashi Kan'. But in this particular hotel, only those who have undergone a strict review can reside while being accompanied by a Secret Service agent (SS). Although Riricho rejected the SS officer in charge of security, she discovers that this same agent is none other than the spirit of the fox that she saved my life !

This synopsis is a bit incoherent. Is Riricho the guy or the girl? Who's the "his" in "his family home"; her father? the other main char?

MisaoFan 2011-11-23 10:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by frubam (Post 3870142)
This synopsis is a bit incoherent. Is Riricho the guy or the girl? Who's the "his" in "his family home"; her father? the other main char?

Riricho is a long black-haired girl of the series.

Kismet-chan 2011-11-24 16:07

The synopsis is too "engrish-y". Can't you find a more elegant translation than that?

Raiga 2011-11-24 19:53

I don't know what the source of that synopsis is so I'm going to be working off of the official site and Wikipedia.

The term 先祖返り (senzogaeri) refers to a descendant who manifests traits of distant ancestors. I looked into it a bit more, and the formal term appears to be atavism. Since atavism refers to the phenomenon and not the person, I assume that makes the person an atavist (yes, it's a real word, I looked it up).

In this series, "Atavist" specifically refers to distant descendants of Demons (youkai) that mated with humans. An Atavist is someone who suddenly manifests Demon traits, even though for generations their parents have been normal humans.

Clans to whom an Atavist is born are rumored to prosper, and thus Atavists are hailed as the second coming of the clan's Demon ancestor. However, as you might expect, there are many who fear, hate, and seek to kill Atavists, since they hold such strange Demon powers. Our heroine Shirakiin Ririchiyo (CV: Hidaka Rina) is one such Atavist, the descendant of an oni. Being an Atavist, she's constantly targeted, and so she's looking for a bit of security.

Now that the background is out of the way, on to the introduction from the website:

Quote:

The high-class apartment complex "Mazon do Ayakashi"[*], also known simply as "The Ayakashi", is said to boast the strongest security around. Rumors abound about it: "The place is full of lunatics," "The place is like a haunted mansion." However, in reality, it is a strange apartment complex where the human descendants of Demons, the Atavists, live!

Troubled by her clumsiness in human relations, Shirakiin Ririchiyo arrives at The Ayakashi in the hopes of rediscovering herself. There she meets her SS (Secret Service), a bodyguard that The Ayakashi provides, one to each resident. His name is Miketsukami Soushi. Soushi entreats Ririchiyo:

"Please, make me your dog!"
* I transliterated it straight from the Japanese, but I think the first two words are meant to represent something in another language; French perhaps. "Mansion du Ayakashi"? I don't know French, I'm afraid.

EDIT: A friend says it's "Maison". Still dunno about the "do" though.

frubam 2011-11-24 21:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiga (Post 3872093)
I don't know what the source of that synopsis is so I'm going to be working off of the official site and Wikipedia.

The term 先祖返り (senzogaeri) refers to a descendant who manifests traits of distant ancestors. I looked into it a bit more, and the formal term appears to be atavism. Since atavism refers to the phenomenon and not the person, I assume that makes the person an atavist (yes, it's a real word, I looked it up).

In this series, "Atavist" specifically refers to distant descendants of Demons (youkai) that mated with humans. An Atavist is someone who suddenly manifests Demon traits, even though for generations their parents have been normal humans.

Clans to whom an Atavist is born are rumored to prosper, and thus Atavists are hailed as the second coming of the clan's Demon ancestor. However, as you might expect, there are many who fear, hate, and seek to kill Atavists, since they hold such strange Demon powers. Our heroine Shirakiin Ririchiyo (CV: Hidaka Rina) is one such Atavist, the descendant of an oni. Being an Atavist, she's constantly targeted, and so she's looking for a bit of security.

Now that the background is out of the way, on to the introduction from the website:

* I transliterated it straight from the Japanese, but I think the first two words are meant to represent something in another language; French perhaps. "Mansion du Ayakashi"? I don't know French, I'm afraid.

Heh, this was MORE than enough =03. I greatly appreciate the background info(never heard of the word "atavist" til now) and the coherent synopsis. The trailer looked good, but I see that there may be an interesting story behind it. I'll certainly be looking forward to this one now (^.^).

MisaoFan 2011-11-25 03:14

It's better to say "Maison de Ayakashi"

totoum 2011-12-02 21:37

Never really looked into this but I just found out this will be handled by david production so I'll be sure to check it out.

here's the trailer:

FireChick 2011-12-03 06:55

Wow...Riricho's voice is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING like I expected! And she's voiced by my all-time favorite teenage seiyuu (Hidaka)!!!

PreSage 2011-12-04 13:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by FireChick (Post 3885155)
Wow...Riricho's voice is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING like I expected! And she's voiced by my all-time favorite teenage seiyuu (Hidaka)!!!

I think the voice suits her. I'm really looking forward to this. Considering that the manga is still ongoing, I wonder how the anime will turn out.

FireChick 2011-12-04 15:43

Yeah, that's true. I think it does too. It's nice that her seiyuu gets the chance to develop some more variety in her voice (even though I have to admit the voice she uses here sounds a lot like some others that I know, not that that's a bad thing).

endarion88 2011-12-05 14:38

there is a manga thread of this?