AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Bleach (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   [MANGA] Bleach Chapter 498 Discussion (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=112964)

sayde 2012-06-27 09:10

[MANGA] Bleach Chapter 498 Discussion

Quote:

As a reminder, Bleach manga has been licensed by Viz media, and thus providing links which help in illegally obtaining such material is forbidden, as stated in the Forum Rules.
Inability to follow this rule will result in a BAN!
Quote:

* NO Scannalation links or NAMES

* NO Online Reader links

* NO RAW links

Welcome to this weeks discussion thread. Now that the chapter's been released, feel free to discuss it here.

ronin myael 2012-06-27 09:20

awfully short chapter, even for kubo. :p

i would like to see urahara take care of things for a change. i want to see benihime in action damn it!

sayde 2012-06-27 09:23

I'm happy we won't have to see Ichigo taking his sweet time getting to SS. It looks like that will be happening a lot faster than expected.

haegar 2012-06-27 09:26

overall crappy chapter with almost no tension but Urahara on the phone made it quite entertaining nonetheless - though his(edit)Ichigo's "could it be you are AFRAID of bankai" points to an ultimate asspull being set up :heh:

james0246 2012-06-27 09:29

I like Ichigo's reasoning concerning the bankai. I wonder, now, if there isn't something more to the Quincy sealing than just a fear of the bankai's power or the psychological scaring from losing a bankai. Is there something more to the bankai that we do not know about?

Randrak42 2012-06-27 09:33

"Could it be that you are afraid of a secret technique that is supposed to make your opponents' power level skyrocket along with giving them new abilities?"

*face/palm*

At least we had some Urahara fun...any chapter with Urahara gets an instant 5 out of 10 (or a 7 if Urahara is trolling someone) no matter how crap it is overall.
Gotta love Urahara's logic "Oh hey, the bad guy is distracted *backstabs*" instead of taking the shounen hero approach of "Let them battle and take shit tons of time doing nothing."

Langus 2012-06-27 09:35

Urahara trolling SS - awesome.

Everything else about this chapter - not so much.

But of course Ichigo is the only one with a bankai that's unaffected by the Quincy's stealing technique! There isn't an eyeroll big enough to express how I feel about this "surprising" development.

haegar 2012-06-27 09:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by james0246 (Post 4226772)
I wonder, now, if there isn't something more to the Quincy sealing than just a fear of the bankai's power or the psychological scaring from losing a bankai. Is there something more to the bankai that we do not know about?

perhaps bankai is reiatsu condensed so highly that it can disrupt the Quincy's absorbed reishi pool thus voiding their ultimate hax? ... as in the Quincy can regenerate from any attack as long as they have something to absorb - but whack 'em over the head with bankai long enough and their spirtiual structure just "unravels" ?? ... at least what Urahara said about Ichigo finally having collapsed his opponents spirit particles points in the general direction ...

this would btw also neatly explain why those guys waited for a thousand years with their attack - they must have acquired the medallion seal tech only very recently - which opens up the very interesting question HOW ?

Randrak42 2012-06-27 09:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Langus (Post 4226782)
Urahara trolling SS - awesome.

Everything else about this chapter - not so much.

But of course Ichigo is the only one with a bankai that's unaffected by the Quincy's stealing technique! There isn't an eyeroll big enough to express how I feel about this "surprising" development.

Think of it this way...Kenpachi is also immune :D

ronin myael 2012-06-27 09:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Randrak42 (Post 4226795)
Think of it this way...Kenpachi is also immune :D

anyone who doesn't have a bankai is immune. they didn't say they could steal shikai too, did they? :heh:

Randrak42 2012-06-27 09:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by ronin myael (Post 4226812)
anyone who doesn't have a bankai is immune

No shit, Sherlock
<3

Langus 2012-06-27 09:58

With the exception of Kenpachi (we assume), everyone who doesn't have a bankai is also cannon fodder (as Kubo has so helpfully illustrated).

Randrak42 2012-06-27 10:02

Meh, Kenpachi will probably get the shaft from Kubo and be ganged up on by several Quincy and be taken out early, only to return later on to defeat one of the minor major bad guys. I swear...Kenpachi needs more like than what he gets from Kubo.

ronin myael 2012-06-27 10:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Langus (Post 4226821)
With the exception of Kenpachi (we assume), everyone who doesn't have a bankai is also cannon fodder (as Kubo has so helpfully illustrated).

so is rukia a fodder character? she doesn't seem to have a bankai either.

haegar 2012-06-27 10:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by ronin myael (Post 4226835)

Randrak42 2012-06-27 10:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by ronin myael (Post 4226835)

Kira got his ass handed to him, Renji was headed toward the same. I doubt Rukia will do much better. She already had her time to shine during the Espada fight.

EDIT: Or yea...there could be an asspull and she actually has epicz bankaiz lolz
EDIT2: Dammit haegar...now you got me using asspull everywhere.

Langus 2012-06-27 10:13

Naw, I doubt she has a bankai. Ichigo will arrive just in time to save her from certain death. He's reliable (and predictable) like that.

haegar 2012-06-27 10:15

I dunno, now that 4 bankais got captured and some of the captains probably will be taken down before Ichigo and Urahara arrive there might be a time coming where the remaining bankais are really really needed - would be the perfect moment to show she's been doing some secret training, too :heh:

@ randrak: don't blame me for the way things simply are :p

edit: not sure if this was already posted somewhere found it just now:
Spoiler for OT, kinda funny:

Jarppa 2012-06-27 11:04

This was actually good chapter!

Nvis 2012-06-27 12:27

Probably not so simple, but maybe they can't steal a Vizard's bankai?

We haven't seen the Vizard Captains' bankai stolen yet.