AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Death Note (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Death Note Episode 30 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=47164)

monir 2007-05-07 19:22

Death Note Episode 30 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Death Note, Episode 30!

Thread Guidelines
  • Keep spoilers from the Movie/Manga out of the anime thread, or face a BAN!
    You may not even post movie/manga spoilers in spoiler tags!
  • No telling or asking for RAWs.
  • If you need to in reply to someone with a reference to the Manga, either PM them or post in the Manga thread. Please be considerate of anime only watchers, too many manga spoilers are being posted, so please, no more!
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if not aired.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Try to keep the discussion on topic and future episode spoilers out of the thread whenever possible.
Spoiler Tag Usage

Using Spoiler Tags is easy. Using this...

[spoiler=your title]Don't forget to use the spoiler title[/spoiler]

....will get you this...

Spoiler for reminder:

Please remember, no manga spoilers are allowed in this thread!

Dagger 2007-05-08 11:13

Scarred!Mello for great justice and win. The 2chan thread makes it look as if this episode is gonna rock.

Ryuuzaki 2007-05-08 12:24

Does 2chan give any screenshots?

Setsuchan 2007-05-08 14:50

Scarred!Mello = <3333333333

You know what;s make me sad? Just 7 episodes to go untill.. ;_;

shakildwz 2007-05-09 17:41

Great episode.

They keep cutting out stuff from the manga which makes this episode and the last couple looked like its being rushed, but in the end its still good.

Noppapana 2007-05-09 19:09

woww i thought it would be boring after L
but the whole story is still epic , especially this ep

Meloria 2007-05-09 19:42

Something was missing, but good episode all round. Getting close to the parts I want to see animated, not too long to wait. Liked how Mello looked in this episode with that scar, makes him appear even more evil. The feeling of looking forward to next episodes has died for me, even if I did read the manga.

Jerseykid 2007-05-09 19:51

I like the "first half" of Death Note better, but this was a pretty good episode.

Whitemoon648 2007-05-09 22:13

Was light being sarcastic to Near at the end, When Near was in a pinch?. That was like obviosuly saying i am Kira. I think , he acted too carelessly, by thinking that Near will not survive this.

Also Near playing with the toys in the beginign was hillarious :heh: . Same as Ryuku lieing.

Also a question about Mello's picture. Did Mello gave Near the picture?. I feel there was something in Manga about this that wasnt covered in the anime. Just a feeling of course :).

Blackage 2007-05-09 23:34

The ending's dialog/action was a pretty drastic change from the manga. Cool in it's own right, but very very different.

I'm hoping the anime has a different ending overall. :)

Lendial 2007-05-10 00:04

wow its finnaly getting tense again. towards the end why was light using his "real" voice to contact near?

Deathkillz 2007-05-10 00:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whitemoon648 (Post 939872)
Was light being sarcastic to Near at the end, When Near was in a pinch?. That was like obviosuly saying i am Kira. I think , he acted too carelessly, by thinking that Near will not survive this.

yea obviously Light thinks that near isnt going to escape but when he does hes going to be one angry super genius O.o Light is so dam evil...what he is doing now is literally "blackmailing" the public into becoming loyal...even the president didnt give any resistance :/
not as good as last ep but still entertaining ^__^

EphemeralDream 2007-05-10 02:01

Overall, I found it to be a very good episode worthy of the '9' I gave it. While I'm somewhat upset they changed it a bit from the manga, i'm also kinda happy; gives it a solitary feel :)

Spoiler for Anime Change:

Pakxenon 2007-05-10 02:09

WHAT??? The
Spoiler:
When does that happen???

Anyways, this episode is pretty epic, almost first half epic, and certainly one of the best episodes of the second arc, which is why it is deserving of a 9/10. The new world certainly gives dystopic creeps (++), the philosophies, though repeated, are still put into good action (+), and Light's plan to get Near just blew my mind (++++++++++++++++++++).

Maes Hughes 2007-05-10 07:06

Epic episode. Who would've thought the anime would still be this good after the way everyone talked about part 2 of the manga?

Next episode looks intriguing...

Spoiler for Speculation:

FlashCE 2007-05-10 08:23

Wow, and people say the second half sucks?

Ryuuzaki 2007-05-10 09:56

Looks like from here on out...Mello's role will only decrease and Near's role will increase greatly...I hope the anime shows more Mello than the manga did, mainly of the new scarred Mello.

That whole Mello meeting Near scene was definitely one of DN's better moments...and the music in the background was great too.

Ryuk 2007-05-10 09:58

I hope they make a dual ending for this show, so that all fans(kira/mello&near) will be happy

Cheezy 2007-05-10 10:05

Epic episode. I'm looking forward to episode 31 a lot.

This get's a 10 out of me. Near is so smart :p

Zek 2007-05-10 10:36

So, about the name misspelling rule... Why didn't Light die when he wrote down the guy's name in like 10 different ways in Episode 1?