AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Hayate no Gotoku (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Hayate no Gotoku - Q & A (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=52286)

monir 2007-08-04 09:08

Hayate no Gotoku - Q & A

This thread is for those of you with questions about the Hayate no Gotoku anime or manga. There are many questions that don't need a whole thread to discuss them. A simple practical answer straight from the anime or manga without any speculation can solve these connundrums. If someone has such a question about Hayate no Gotoku which can be solved by answering with facts from an official source, then please ask that question here.

Please don't post in this thread unless you are asking a question or answering one. Please remember that it only takes 1 person to answer a question. And don't speculate! You can only reply with cold, hard, merciliessly unforgivable facts. If you have to speculate, then please just tell the querrant that no answer is known, but here are some facts that might help him make up his own mind.

Make sure you use spoiler tags if your question is about the anime, manga, or any non-anime source. Untagged spoilers are risking a ban. There are two ways to create clearly marked spoiler tags, as shown in the following:

The easy way: By simply clicking on this http://forums.animesuki.com/images/a...al/spoiler.gif icon which can be found in the Quick Reply or Reply to Thread template. This is how I create spoiler tags.
or
The macho way: By using those uber vB codes as shown in the following...

Spoiler Tag Example
[spoiler=title, i.e. your reason for the spoiler tag]Don't forget to use a title for the spoiler![/spoiler]
...becomes...
Spoiler for title:

deathreape98 2007-09-04 06:41

Is Hayate no Gotoku licensed?

CJL13 2007-09-04 15:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by deathreape98 (Post 1130355)
Is Hayate no Gotoku licensed?

The manga yes by Viz, they haven't done the anime yet, but they may do it in the future.

deathreape98 2007-09-04 17:09

Since the mangas licensed but the animes not, I'm not sure if I would get banned for asking where episodes are- can a mod/admin help me with this?

xris 2007-09-04 17:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by deathreape98 (Post 1131148)
Since the mangas licensed but the animes not, I'm not sure if I would get banned for asking where episodes are- can a mod/admin help me with this?

Help you with what?

If you want the manga, then you can purchase them online if you wish (for example, Hayate the Combat Butler Vol 1 at Amazon).

If you are looking for the anime, then how about looking at AnimeSuki :eyebrow: Hayate no Gotoku. Static-Subs & Eclipse are doing a good job at releasing the fansubs.

Perhaps it would help if you read the Forum Rules. BTW, please read the sig rules, you may not use spoiler tags as part of your sig!

deathreape98 2007-09-04 19:23

I was just wondering if i would be banned for asking for the anime since the manga is licensed. Ive gotten banned a few times on the Animation Insider forums for stuff revolving around the licenses, so im careful.

If i am allowed to ask, can somebody tell me where the eps appear first? if im not allowed to ask just edit this part of the post out

@sig rules awwww didnt know that....meh guess i gotta get rid of it

xris 2007-09-05 02:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by deathreape98 (Post 1131356)
If i am allowed to ask, can somebody tell me where the eps appear first?

Where it first appears? Do you mean on what TV station it was first aired on?

I still have no idea what it is you are really asking. First you ask if it is licensed, now it seems you want to know where the eps "appears". Could I ask that you actually try and say what it is you want to know instead of posting vague clues :)

deathreape98 2007-09-05 04:11

I mean where the subbed episode is when its first subbed, like the release site

xris 2007-09-05 04:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by deathreape98 (Post 1131905)
I mean where the subbed episode is when its first subbed, like the release site

I give up, didn't you even bother to read my post above.
Quote:

Originally Posted by xris (Post 1131188)
If you are looking for the anime, then how about looking at AnimeSuki :eyebrow: Hayate no Gotoku. Static-Subs & Eclipse are doing a good job at releasing the fansubs.

deathreape98 2007-09-05 06:11

Yeah i see that now....i posted all those messages either very early in the morning or late at night.

Thanks

Tomislav 2007-09-08 17:54

I have a very lazy question:D
What is "Hayate no Gotoku" about? Can someone please spend a few lines describing what is this show about? I'd appreciate it a lot:D

ellifeedn 2007-09-08 18:50

A few questions that crossed my mind.

How many planned episodes are there? Besides 10 and 18, are there any other filler episodes?
Spoiler for manga:
What is this Hayate Doujinshi I heard of somewhere? Now that I think about it, what the hell is a doujinshi? Also, I heard somewhere (not the same somewhere as above) that Nagi is... I think it was "tsundere"? Sorry if it's trivial information but I'm not familiar with a bunch of words and terms. Anyway, is it true that she is whatever it means?

That's all for now.

relentlessflame 2007-09-08 19:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomislav (Post 1137826)
I have a very lazy question:D
What is "Hayate no Gotoku" about? Can someone please spend a few lines describing what is this show about? I'd appreciate it a lot:D

That really is a lazy question. But seeing as I'm procrastinating things at the moment, you can get an answer. :heh:

Hayate no Gotoku is about a poor high school boy named Hayate who, through various circumstances, becomes a butler to a very rich, spoiled, and somewhat withdrawn young girl named Nagi, who has fallen in love with him. Hayate, who now spends most of his days at Nagi's mansion along with her maid Maria, endures many trials and tribulations in attempt to perform his duty and protect his cute but awkward master. Along the way he meets many of Nagi's friends, family, and classmates, with encounters varying from comedic to dramatic, and even sometimes romantic. All in all, Hayate no Gotoku is a light-hearted romantic comedy filled with otaku references, inside jokes, and a really wacky narrator. I consider it well-worth watching, personally. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ellifeedn (Post 1137889)
How many planned episodes are there? Besides 10 and 18, are there any other filler episodes?
What is this Hayate Doujinshi I heard of somewhere? Now that I think about it, what the hell is a doujinshi? Also, I heard somewhere (not the same somewhere as above) that Nagi is... I think it was "tsundere"? Sorry if it's trivial information but I'm not familiar with a bunch of words and terms. Anyway, is it true that she is whatever it means?

Well, I can tackle all except the manga one (as I haven't read the manga yet, sadly...)
  • The plan calls for 52 episodes.
  • There probably will be more filler episodes at some point, but we don't know when yet. I'd guess you'll get one for every 10-13 episodes, or so.
  • Doujinshi are fan-made manga, usually based on a popular commercial property, and sometimes (often?) erotic in nature. Many doujinshi are distributed at large bi-annual Japanese conventions called "Comic Market" (or "Comiket" for short), and one such convention occurred a few weeks ago where many Hayate no Gotoku doujinshi were released.
  • Nagi can indeed be considered "tsundere", which basically (in this context) means she's cold and harsh-seeming most of the time ("tsun tsun"), but has a really cute, sweet, and caring side ("dere dere") for the person she loves (Hayate). Other famous recent tsundere characters in anime include Shana (from Shakugan no Shana) and Louise (from Zero no Tsukaima) who, uncoincidentally, are all played by the same voice actress.
Hope that helps!

ellifeedn 2007-09-09 07:56

Thanks for answering most of my questions. Just one more.

I read up to vol.6 of the manga and I know episodes 10 and 18 are fillers. I was wondering if episodes 17 and 23, as well as parts of episodes 19 (the cockroach part) and 22 (the fishing part), were filler as well.

Fruitfly 2007-09-10 17:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by ellifeedn (Post 1138705)
Thanks for answering most of my questions. Just one more.

I read up to vol.6 of the manga and I know episodes 10 and 18 are fillers. I was wondering if episodes 17 and 23, as well as parts of episodes 19 (the cockroach part) and 22 (the fishing part), were filler as well.

Episodes 17, 22, and 23 is from the manga but episode 17 was extended and 22 and 23 was flipped around and stuff. Episode 19 is also from the manga I think but heavily changed to fit the ring part in. Both cockroach man and nursing robot nine are anime original characters. The whole story with Eight was changed a lot too. He's gets more upgrades in the manga. The anime basically stopped following close to the manga after episode 13.

Episode 18 was supposed to be episode 20, but they had to make scheduling changes, so I believe there will be an anime only episode every 10 episodes.

ellifeedn 2007-09-11 16:57

Hmmm, very interesting. What parts of the manga are those episodes from?

Fruitfly 2007-09-12 21:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by ellifeedn (Post 1142299)
Hmmm, very interesting. What parts of the manga are those episodes from?

ep17 - vol7 ch 5
ep19 - cockroach part looks familiar to a scene in vol9. hmm maybe the whole thing is original.
ep22 - part A - vol8 ch 11
ep23 - vol7 ch 6 and 7

Tomislav 2007-09-13 05:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by relentlessflame (Post 1137910)
That really is a lazy question. But seeing as I'm procrastinating things at the moment, you can get an answer.

Thank you very much, I am giving Hayate a try and I feel like I won't be disappointend :) Thank you very much again :D

sasuke13 2007-10-08 00:16

Is that censoring sign really part of the anime? They censor out the most dumb parts that's not even need censoring, like in episode 5.

anselfir 2007-10-08 00:18

a parody in itself most likely.