AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Infinite Stratos (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   Infinite Stratos - Character Discussion - Ichika (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=100918)

Klashikari 2011-01-16 14:57

Infinite Stratos - Character Discussion - Ichika

The purpose of this thread is to provide a place to discuss all things Ichika related.
To keep the discussion enjoyable for all Infinite Stratos fans, please follow the guidelines below and stay on-topic!
Note: Please don't use this for the specifics (i.e. episode, chapter, game, etc. discussion) there are other threads for that stuff.
Thread Guidelines
  • No campaigning!
    No "hate" or "xyz must die" posts. Discuss why you do or don't like characters without whinging and whining or blatantly campaigning for your favourite.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    Do not insult or harass other members for their likes and dislikes. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter are always welcome, but harassing people will not be tolerated.
  • Discuss, don't chat.
    Please remember that AnimeSuki is a discussion forum, not a chat room, there is a difference. If you wish to chat, then please make use of our IRC channel.
  • Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It's great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.
  • Use Spoiler tags!
    Spoilers are allowed, but they must be enclosed in spoiler tags clearly marked with a proper title. Failure to do this can result in a BAN.
    • Adding a Spoiler tag:
      http://forums.animesuki.com/images/a...al/spoiler.gifJust highlight your spoiler and click the button found on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms. Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
    • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
      http://forums.animesuki.com/images/a...ons/report.gifClick the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar. Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators to locate and deal with problems quickly.
    • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
      Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly. The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

serenade_beta 2011-01-16 19:21

-Voice is kind of annoying
-Protagonist Power on full drive
-Him on his machine looks lame
-Other characters around him making far more impact

...............Though the show has only begun. Maybe he'll improve later on and do something to stand out a bit more.

Belgaesh 2011-01-16 19:31

It's the same seiyuu that does the voice of Banagher Links in Gundam Unicorn, and quite a young seiyuu a that he is only 20 years old. His name is Kōki Uchiyama.

I_am_Kami 2011-01-16 20:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by serenade_beta (Post 3441589)
-Voice is kind of annoying
-Protagonist Power on full drive
-Him on his machine looks lame
-Other characters around him making far more impact

...............Though the show has only begun. Maybe he'll improve later on and do something to stand out a bit more.

-voice is a bit wimpy.
-He has more backbone than other harem protaganists
-im guessing his machine improves later, Im guessing this from the ep1 prologue with the fight where he looked bad ass.
and this
-True i haven't gotten much "vibe" from his character. Yet.

Dark Wing 2011-01-16 20:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by I_am_Kami (Post 3441734)
and this
-True i haven't gotten much "vibe" from his character. Yet.

Yea the anime just ain't doing him justice at the moment however he is sorta GAR later on in the novels form what I understand and ZOMG A SUB-FORUM! ALL HAIL THE MODS! :bow:

ZeKeR 2011-01-16 22:41

ima starting to wonder why his older sister wished for a berserker custom class for his IS power armor. he said he was weak at kendo, but wtf that changed when he mans a power armor

Belgaesh 2011-01-16 22:45

I don't think it was his sister, it's said that the japanese governement was providing him with an IS to collect data.

ZeKeR 2011-01-16 22:53

still, the berserker configuration has a lot left to be desired...

they could just put a close range shotgun (in combat, tho melee is very effective close range, a shotgun does wonders as well) or a rapid fire SMG to compensate for when he's outgunned.

Belgaesh 2011-01-16 22:57

Remenber that in Bakuman it's said that a protagonist with a katana does more sucess.

ZeKeR 2011-01-16 22:59

^inb4 houki's melee weapon that looks like a katana has a mid range tech fitted

cyberdemon 2011-01-17 11:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeKeR (Post 3441896)
ima starting to wonder why his older sister wished for a berserker custom class for his IS power armor. he said he was weak at kendo, but wtf that changed when he mans a power armor

i think the IS itself customized it to that configuration because it felt that it suited Ichika. Afterall it was mentioned that a IS is almost living and learns and grows based upon the pilot. If it felt that Ichika was fit for sniping it might have changed to that mode instead.

Himeji 2011-01-24 23:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by cyberdemon (Post 3442595)
i think the IS itself customized it to that configuration because it felt that it suited Ichika. Afterall it was mentioned that a IS is almost living and learns and grows based upon the pilot. If it felt that Ichika was fit for sniping it might have changed to that mode instead.

That's how I understood it as well. An IS evolves and adapts according to its pilot's needs and wishes.

Johnny 2011-02-04 01:49

I got a question for the LN readers. Are they overplaying his denseness when it comes to the females in the anime vs his LN counterpart? I thought I read somewhere in here about that, but can't find the post now...

demonfang 2011-02-04 01:54

Yeah Ichika's dense. The anime seems to overemphasize this point though.

Seihai 2011-02-04 15:06

Those normal sue methods don't work anymore! He is fully used to seeing sexy girls in what is supposed to be a 'training suit', not to mention the girls craze. So what does he need to start thinking? Hah, as if that'd ever happen... but I still think it's essential for him to see some naked bodies a la "fukou da!" Maybe then he'll find someone he likes, at least on the superficial side?:heh:

SaintessHeart 2011-02-04 15:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanish (Post 3471883)
Those normal sue methods don't work anymore! He is fully used to seeing sexy girls in what is supposed to be a 'training suit', not to mention the girls craze. So what does he need to start thinking? Hah, as if that'd ever happen... but I still think it's essential for him to see some naked bodies a la "fukou da!" Maybe then he'll find someone he likes, at least on the superficial side?:heh:

Well he could test all the girls' lap pillows. Or maybe even have his roommate become his dakimakura when he sleeps.......:naughty:

kaizerknight01 2011-02-04 15:21

Nah What Ichika needs it a punch in face so his illusion of denseness will be destroyed :heh::heh:

Nihokon 2011-02-06 10:34

Happy harem bastard... is the only thing I could say.

Terminator98 2011-02-06 13:14

He deserves a thousand smacks on his head for missing TWICE what Houki was trying to convey him, and for totally missing the point of his promise with Rin.

Maybe it's the "just friends" syndrome...

demonfang 2011-02-06 13:41

Yeah Ichika could learn a few things from http://alicesoft.wikia.com/wiki/Rance