AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Fate/ Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   (L) Fate/Stay Night - Unlimited Blade Works Movie (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=84732)

sanjuro 2009-08-02 05:45

Fate/Stay Night - Unlimited Blade Works Movie

http://www.fatestaynight.jp/index.html

This is thought to be an Anime, but all that is really known is that a site has been launched with the non-gears "Unlimited Blade Works" backdrop (without any characters present) with a "more information later" message.

The choice in backdrop could be either very telling or a red herring... no hard information being available as of yet.

iceyfw 2009-08-02 06:27

this is going to be a joyride if they do an adaption on one of the other routes from the VN. or heck, even the prequel to fate/stay night. can you imagine how awesome that would be? but here is to hoping they don't hire the same people who did the episodes for the TV series. everything was just a mess on trying to combine all three routes into one with some scenes here and there.

ac195 2009-08-02 06:45

There is no way they could do a decent job of presenting the UBW route with a single movie...

Beruko08 2009-08-02 06:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by IcExAlcHeMy (Post 2553953)
this is going to be a joyride if they do an adaption on one of the other routes from the VN. or heck, even the prequel to fate/stay night. can you imagine how awesome that would be? but here is to hoping they don't hire the same people who did the episodes for the TV series. everything was just a mess on trying to combine all three routes into one with some scenes here and there.

If that's a prequel then the movie should be named Fate/Zero instead.

btw, does anyone know what the icon "for mobile" in the left down corner means?

iceyfw 2009-08-02 06:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beruko08 (Post 2553972)

a fan can only dream...

patnam 2009-08-02 07:28

I think this movie will focus on more battles, more bloods and of course... the UBW showdown!!!

sanjuro 2009-08-02 07:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by ac195 (Post 2553971)
There is no way they could do a decent job of presenting the UBW route with a single movie...

Well, this is getting even more hopeful, but they could go the Kara no Kyoukai route and make it a movie series.

ac195 2009-08-02 08:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by sanjuro (Post 2554064)
Well, this is getting even more hopeful, but they could go the Kara no Kyoukai route and make it a movie series.

Or it could be just a compilation of old scenes with some new material here and there...

willyvereb 2009-08-02 08:51

There's many possibilites for the movie:
A.)UBW one which the mayority believes.
B.)Heavens Feel(If we neglect the background pic)
C.)anime-original story, including the mixture of the route.(for example a HF-UBW mix, instead of the Fate-UBW mix in the TV series)
D.)Archer's route. A story telling us how did the Holy Grail War happen in his world.

I really hope it'll be a HF one. Because this is the only route didn't shown outside of the game. Fate has most of the anime. UBW has a whole manga, but HF has nothing(That "Dark sakura" scene in the anime was a mayor dissapointment). I know, HF's going to be depressing and angsty, but that's why it would be good. It's a nice change compared to the lighter aura of the other two stories.

kenjiharima 2009-08-02 09:24

If something gets stick up Saber's behind...we all know what will be the movie would go too.

Or probably it'll be an original.

Shiroth 2009-08-02 09:47

I wouldn't mind an Ataraxia film. :p

orion 2009-08-02 09:48

Hoping for UBW.

OceanBlue 2009-08-02 11:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beruko08 (Post 2553972)

btw, does anyone know what the icon "for mobile" in the left down corner means?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QR_Code

orangejuicetang 2009-08-02 12:03

I thought that they might make three movies, a fate movie, than a ubw movie, and finally later, a heaven's feel movie. Although I'm looking forward to the ubw movie the most if that happens.

GuidoHunter_Toki 2009-08-02 12:10

I'm hoping for a UBW, heck any route would be acceptable. I just don't have high hopes that they'd be able to do a quality adaption within movie length constraints.

Reckoner 2009-08-02 12:34

UBW was my favorite route, though HF is a close second. If they just choose to reanimate Fate I would get pissed. I've always felt Fate was the weakest arc.

Besides the awesome fights and great display of GAR, I also like UBW because Shirou ends up with Rin, so I guess I a little biased.

According to the game though, HF is the true ending of Fate Stay Night....

willyvereb 2009-08-02 12:44

(sorrily, for Sakura-chan) No. All of them(Fate, UBW, HF, Hollow Antarxia, Archer's, Illya's dropped one) are somewhat equally cannon. All of them are paralell words. Like in UBW Shirou 's training were more successfull than in Fate or HF. Or Shirou's feelings regarding Sakura in HF. They're happenings before the start of the story, so there's no way for them happening because of your actions in the game.
Anyways, I thought HF was the most rational one. Especially the finale.

mAc Chaos 2009-08-02 13:10

I always thought Fate was the best arc. I haven't gotten to HF though. But it feels like a lot of the fleshing out they do in the other routes are only possible because they've already established the world like they do in the Fate arc.

willyvereb 2009-08-02 13:40

Interesting, but this isn't the game discussion thread. I think we should continue the discussion(if you want to) in the Game thread or the general discussion.
Anyways, HF is the most serious of the 3 routes with a more maturely acting Shirou. And the creators designed the game that way to every new route builds on the previous one. So they're leaving out detailed developments and explanations already included in the previous routes and they only imply or briefly mention them. So if you have the game then try HF out too. I think HF is a route advisedn to finish twice because you start to see things differently and notice things after you know some details.

Tyabann 2009-08-02 15:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by willyvereb (Post 2554511)
(sorrily, for Sakura-chan) No. All of them(Fate, UBW, HF, Hollow Antarxia, Archer's, Illya's dropped one) are somewhat equally cannon.

The game does treat HF like the True End though, since it really does build on, well, everything before it.

I'd vastly prefer an HF movie to an UBW movie, but considering how popular UBW is I think that's what we'll be getting.