AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko [Light Novel] (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=104024)

omimon 2011-05-07 15:21

Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko [Light Novel]

The light novel series Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko is by Iruma Hitoma (author) and Buriki (illustrator)

電波女と青春男
Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko

The light novel series is published under the shounen light novel label Dengeki Bunko.
The light novel series is already finished with 8 volumes.

Covers:

A seinen manga adaptation started serialization in the male oriented bishoujo gaming magazine Dengeki G's Magazine on August 30th, 2010. The manga is drawn by Yamane Masato.

Genre: Shounen

Johnny 2011-05-07 15:30

From a summary I've seen it looks interesting. Although it wasn't very detailed...

Here's volumes 6 and 7 covers...

omimon 2011-05-07 15:42

I pretty sure only a small amount of people here have read the series so I'm probably just talking to myself.

I've read maybe half of volume 4, (Erio and Ryuko's past and Makoto's magazine run) and a little bit more than half of volume 7. (Ryuko, Erio, Rocket and Meme delusions) I guess I'm more of a short story reader.

While reading the stories in volume 7 I had this lingering feeling in the pit of my stomach. I guess its probably because it talks about what could happen in the future. For me the future seems so scary since no one has any idea what it could hold. The one that had the most effect on me was the Rocket story where we see "Makoto" spending his whole life to build this rocket to send his cousin "Gaati" to space. The characters realize that its going to be forty years before they'll see each other again and you don't even know if one of them is going to alive anymore after so many years. It just had this bittersweet feeling to it. The other one where it shows Makoto and Erio together is also kinda bittersweet since we see them as a pair of great-grandparents and everyone they knew in the past are gone. All their friends either disappeared or died and the only family they have are their kids. At least they still had their memories. The Ryuko story was kinda sad too since those two pretty much lost all contact with everyone else. It really brought up the issue of how certain choices would affect your life greatly. It also talked about living with your choices.

Man just thinking about the future is giving me a headache.

Allen 2011-05-07 16:09

I've read only the first three volumes and Ryuushi's past from the fourth one. I really like the "climax" of each novel: I Can not fly (1); Meme's "revenge" against God (2) and the Yashiro's meteor (3).
Quote:

Originally Posted by omimon (Post 3603342)
I pretty sure only a small amount of people here have read the series so I'm probably just talking to myself.

I've read maybe half of volume 4, (Erio and Ryuko's past and Makoto's magazine run) and a little bit more than half of volume 7. (Ryuko, Erio, Rocket and Meme delusions) I guess I'm more of a short story reader.

While reading the stories in volume 7 I had this lingering feeling in the pit of my stomach. I guess its probably because it talks about what could happen in the future. For me the future seems so scary since no one has any idea what it could hold. The one that had the most effect on me was the Rocket story where we see "Makoto" spending his whole life to build this rocket to send his cousin "Meme" to space. The characters realize that its going to be forty years before they'll see each other again and you don't even know if one of them is going to alive anymore after so many years. It just had this bittersweet feeling to it. The other one where it shows Makoto and Erio together is also kinda bittersweet since we see them as a pair of great-grandparents and everyone they knew in the past are gone. All their friends either disappeared or died and the only family they have are their kids. At least they still had their memories. The Ryuko story was kinda sad too since those two pretty much lost all contact with everyone else. It really brought up the issue of how certain choices would affect your life greatly. It also talked about living with your choices.

Man just thinking about the future is giving me a headache.

And Iruma really does a good job using his stories to talk about interesting themes: Do aliens really exist? Where are they? Do espers really exist?

omimon 2011-05-07 16:42

It's really sad that this series is so short but I guess the author wanted to move to another project. Of course I don't think this is going to be the last we'll see of these characters since this series and the one the author is on right now is in the same universe

doomknight 2011-05-07 19:57

I must suppose "Rocket" is the white haired girl right? I wonder why they called the ending with that girl #2559 also it seems very futuristic in the illustration..

omimon 2011-05-07 20:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by doomknight (Post 3603529)
I must suppose "Rocket" is the white haired girl right? I wonder why they called the ending with that girl #2559 also it seems very futuristic in the illustration..

Spoiler:

Cosmic Eagle 2011-05-07 20:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by omimon (Post 3603398)
It's really sad that this series is so short but I guess the author wanted to move to another project. Of course I don't think this is going to be the last we'll see of these characters since this series and the one the author is on right now is in the same universe

Oh? That's interesting....what's his new one called?

omimon 2011-05-07 20:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle (Post 3603546)
Oh? That's interesting....what's his new one called?

"Tamako-san to Tokashiwa-kun". There is only one book right now so I actually don't know if that's it or not.

I haven't read all the novels nor have the anime series finish but I'm already missing the series!!

Kleeyook 2011-05-07 23:25

He never ends up with Meme?

Shadow5YA 2011-05-08 00:51

So the main story ended on volume 6, while volume 7 contains sidestories?

Allen 2011-05-08 06:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by omimon (Post 3603557)
"Tamako-san to Tokashiwa-kun". There is only one book right now so I actually don't know if that's it or not.

I haven't read all the novels nor have the anime series finish but I'm already missing the series!!

Same here. Maybe that's why I just can't bring myself to read the rest of this series. I never heard of Tamako-san to Tokashiwa-kun, but it looks like that isn't his new project:

Spoiler:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kleeyook (Post 3603689)
He never ends up with Meme?

The Ending No.5 in the seventh volume is the ending with Meme-tan.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow5YA (Post 3603754)
So the main story ended on volume 6, while volume 7 contains sidestories?

No, the main story finished on volume 8, while the volume 7 contains some alternative endings.

omimon 2011-05-08 08:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Allen (Post 3603988)
Same here. Maybe that's why I just can't bring myself to read the rest of this series. I never heard of Tamako-san to Tokashiwa-kun, but it looks like that isn't his new project:

Spoiler:

The Ending No.5 in the seventh volume is the ending with Meme-tan.

No, the main story finished on volume 8, while the volume 7 contains some alternative endings.

The author writes multiple projects so he might be writing this new one and the one I mentioned.

kemal_1915 2011-05-13 22:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by omimon (Post 3603557)

"Tamako-san to Tokashiwa-kun" is (not excatly) a spin-off of "Denpa Onna". Tamako and Tokashiwa are students in Makoto's school. They have appeared in volume 6 already. And they are known as "Baka couple" which like to do "what couple do":frustrated: in public.

Miraluka 2011-05-14 08:10

VOl. 8 cover and Erio's SF.

http://imageshack.us/m/221/778/img1146568354190220.jpghttp://imageshack.us/m/21/2681/33707279.jpg

SoFarGone 2011-05-18 16:27

is there an ending for each girl or something?

zato_1one 2011-05-20 13:30

OK. Someone wrote this in sankaku. Is it true or not? :eyebrow:

Spoiler for story:

Miraluka 2011-05-20 18:00

@:SoFarGone: Yes, there is.

@zato_1one: Thats fake, just look at least to the illustrations. This series isn't of that kind of genre.

zato_1one 2011-05-20 18:37

I know that the illustration looks cute but I still want to ask for confirmation. ;)

By the way, the current progress of anime (episode 6) is in which volume of light novel?

kemal_1915 2011-05-20 22:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoFarGone (Post 3617703)
is there an ending for each girl or something?

Spoiler for ending:

Quote:

Originally Posted by zato_1one (Post 3619966)
OK. Someone wrote this in sankaku. Is it true or not? :eyebrow:

Spoiler for story:

completely nonsense, of course
I can assure you that it is a happy ending

Quote:

Originally Posted by zato_1one (Post 3620213)
I know that the illustration looks cute but I still want to ask for confirmation. ;)

By the way, the current progress of anime (episode 6) is in which volume of light novel?

we're still at volume 2