AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   To Aru... Index [LN/M] (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=132)
-   -   Index Novel/Manga Readers - Requests for new threads (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=119579)

Kairin 2013-05-16 21:33

Index Novel/Manga Readers - Requests for new threads

Since the Index Novel Readers forum is limited (only Mods and Admin can create new threads), this thread serves as a way to request a new thread to be created.

Please post here if you wish to request a new Index Novel Readers thread. Please bear in mind that we will only accept reasonable requests, we wish to maintain the focus within the forum and cut down on the noise (so no pointless threads cluttering up the place).

Don't forget that you may still post in existing threads as usual, the only restriction is that you may not create new threads within this particular forum.

Ilidsor 2013-05-23 20:34

Can we get a future plot speculation thread? Where we can post our theories and point out foreshadowing and stuff?

relentlessflame 2013-05-23 20:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ilidsor (Post 4694249)
Can we get a future plot speculation thread? Where we can post our theories and point out foreshadowing and stuff?

Well, maybe, but is it better to post those speculation/theories in the thread for the most recent volume so that it's clear what the reader knows at the point where they're speculating? Or if not that, would it be better to post a "NT vol 8 Speculation/Theories" thread, and post a new one after each previous is released?

I'm not saying it should be this way, but just throwing out ideas.

Chaos2Frozen 2013-05-23 20:56

Personally I'm okay with using the most recent Volume thread all the way up till the next one...

...Which we all know would be in four months time anyway :p

Ilidsor 2013-05-23 21:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by relentlessflame (Post 4694280)
Well, maybe, but is it better to post those speculation/theories in the thread for the most recent volume so that it's clear what the reader knows at the point where they're speculating? Or if not that, would it be better to post a "NT vol 8 Speculation/Theories" thread, and post a new one after each previous is released?

I'm not saying it should be this way, but just throwing out ideas.

The first idea sounds fine but with the second one we really couldn't speculate for the series as a whole just the next volume.

dniv 2013-05-24 17:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ilidsor (Post 4694306)
The first idea sounds fine but with the second one we really couldn't speculate for the series as a whole just the next volume.

Should we have a speculation thread for Index SSS which comes out on July 24, 2013? Isn't that more relevant because of the good chance that they might introduce the #6?

Ilidsor 2013-05-24 17:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by dniv (Post 4695546)
Should we have a speculation thread for Index SSS which comes out on July 24, 2013? Isn't that more relevant because of the good chance that they might introduce the #6?

I didn't know that was happening :eek:, is there any specific information?

Perhaps we should do one big plot speculation thread, and then make a thread for each of the new volumes as soon as information about it starts coming out? That would cover all of the bases.

Chaos2Frozen 2013-05-24 17:44

Technically we know nothing about the SSS, so you can't say there's a good chance of anything.

This is Kamachi after all- Expect only 1/4 of what you're thinking.

dniv 2013-05-24 17:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ilidsor (Post 4695566)
I didn't know that was happening :eek:, is there any specific information?

Perhaps we should do one big plot speculation thread, and then make a thread for each of the new volumes as soon as information about it starts coming out? That would cover all of the bases.

Good idea. The release date is still tentative, but very likely at this point. It was announced in April I think. :) Also, it is supposed to be bundled with the Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Limited edition DVDs, which is why I say it is likely that this will be released on that day. (also the release date might not be what they said was tentative, maybe the fact that it's being bundled with the Railgun S DVDs is what is tentative)

He did say that he's going to explore new things in this Index SSS and perhaps pursue completely different topics from the previous S and SS volumes. So I am hoping he means that he will mention #6. Remember that #7 was introduced in Index SS, so I'm hopeful :)

And once again:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen (Post 4695569)
Technically we know nothing about the SSS, so you can't say there's a good chance of anything.

This is Kamachi after all- Expect only 1/4 of what you're thinking.

lol.

Primary Consult 2013-05-28 23:49

I would prefer a thread for speculation so that each LN thread could serve as an archive of discussion about the specific novel. That way, someone reading the LN later could throw their thoughts onto the discussion and it wouldn't seem out of place (since otherwise the last dozen pages at a minimum would be speculation of the following LN and not the LN that the thread is named for).

dniv 2013-06-02 23:36

This may be putting the cart in front of the horse, but I realize that when Index III comes out eventually there should be three different discussion threads for it. (I doubt the manga will get to the material covering that point by season 3's release, but it might happen which would create possible 4 different necessary threads?).

I think there should be a discussion thread for Light Novel readers/ Index I/ Index II viewers for Index III when it comes out and a discussion thread for Light Novel/ Railgun manga/ Railgun S/Index I/ Index II viewers and maybe even a discussion thread for Railgun manga/ Railgun S/ Index I/Index II viewers. This is because we will have already seen
Spoiler for group of academy city's darkness in Railgun S:
in Railgun S, which will make some people want to compare contrast these characters.

There is also a chance some of these characters will become important again in the manga by the time of Index III would which compound the problem.

Furthermore, because we see the advent of many characters in Index III from Railgun S (the latter part of the adaptation) in
Spoiler for arc in Railgun S (most likely):
and from what I already mentioned above, when Index III is announced, there should be a discussion thread for all three of these different groups of viewers, and of course for the viewers who just watched Index I and II.

So, I was just planning ahead so that when it comes time for this, moderators wouldn't have to fix this problem, and prevent spoilers from all directions galore messing up viewers enjoyments.

This is just a suggestion of course. Hope this helps/ will help eventually.

dniv 2013-06-15 23:13

Sorry for the double post, but it's been a long time... Also, my other post was a little long, and if I edit it, it doesn't actually show that something new has been posted... (a problem) This is relevant to Railgun S episode 10:

I propose a discussion thread about the level 5's and their powers and the powers' profitability. The context would stem from what we learned about how the level 5's were ranked (which we learned before already as well). I feel like this could be a good discussion. Ilidsor recommended this to here, in the railgun possible suggestions thread (so two people have recommended this already)....

Ashaman 2013-07-26 14:47

How about a thread for the new SS tha's coming out. First chapter is out and being tranted now.

Chaos2Frozen 2013-07-26 20:29

What's the official title?

zaeraal 2013-07-26 20:36

Toaru Majutsu no Index SS: Necessarius Special Admission Test
http://toarumajutsunoindex.wikia.com...Admission_Test

Ilidsor 2013-07-26 20:49

Can we just get a side-story thread? Seems a lot simpler.

Chaos2Frozen 2013-07-26 23:07

Considering how the policy these days seem to be segregating topics, I get the feeling specific SS would get their own threads...

dniv 2013-07-26 23:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ilidsor (Post 4771881)
Can we just get a side-story thread? Seems a lot simpler.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen (Post 4772022)
Considering how the policy these days seem to be segregating topics, I get the feeling specific SS would get their own threads...

Here I have to agree with Chaos2frozen. Even if the SS's might be short at first with comments, eventually there might be referbacks to them in later LN's so the discussions will probably get long eventually to warrant separate threads.

Chaos2Frozen 2013-08-26 10:11

Hi, I believe we can get a thread for New Testament volume 8 now :)

dniv 2013-08-26 10:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen (Post 4807266)
Hi, I believe we can get a thread for New Testament volume 8 now :)

Yeah lol... I second that :D