AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Higurashi (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Higurashi Kai Episode 2 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=50856)

kj1980 2007-07-11 11:30

Higurashi Kai Episode 2 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Higurashi no Naku Koroni Kai, Episode 2.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

ADDITIONAL RULES FOR Higurashi no Naku Koroni Kai

Cerollian 2007-07-11 13:41

haven't seen it but hear its good.

Enerccio 2007-07-12 12:38

Yay, airing today... if times haven't changed from last week, it is only 23 mins away :D:D:D:D

Klashikari 2007-07-12 15:40

This episode is most likely much like how eggplant described in the other thread.

superficial summary (no there isn't any RAW file yet) :
Spoiler for PART A:

Spoiler for PARTB:
superficial thoughts (complete episode)
Spoiler for thoughts on Yakusamashi-hen 1, Oni Gokko:

Enerccio 2007-07-12 15:44

yeah, me toooo
darn, they are so slow while uploading to nico:upset::upset::upset:

Yay finished, great ep ^^

LuckyCat 2007-07-12 16:32

The zombie game was really well done, and actually looked like a game school students might play. That one maneuver Rena pulled was hilarious.

It looks like this arc is focusing on Satoko. She seemed to recall some memories from another story arc and Rika is concerned.

Klashikari 2007-07-12 17:44

Don't forget that next episode... it is Kameda-kun show ! this is going to be madness :heh:

Deathkillz 2007-07-12 18:08

klash is so uber he has already made a very (understatement) entry on the blog :)

Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni Kai, Episode 2 : Yakusamashi-hen 1, Oni Gokko

screen caps will follow soon when the raw comes out ^.^

edit: the screen caps are up :)

Kazuki_Kun 2007-07-12 18:32

Raw

The raw is out. <3

Onniguru 2007-07-12 20:35

Holy rapidly appearing raws, Batman!

There are so many out already, that the best one Im selecting won't even need a re-encode...its fine as-is.

Rias 2007-07-12 20:43

Lots of good scenes in this episode, and zombie tag is done quite well. Espically with Rena's petrify magic.

Now that Keiichi has avoided the flag for Onikakushi-hen, I wonder how things will turn out once Jihou-san (Tomitake) does his usual thing...

I don't know if having Minagoroshi-hen elements (very very minor) in Yakusamashi-hen is a good thing or not, but currently it hasn't done much harm...

aroduc 2007-07-12 21:44

Lots of really funky art and animation this ep which makes for some funny capping. :-P

Spoiler for caps

maymay 2007-07-12 21:54

aww satoko's adorable^_^ can't wait to see it!!

kj1980 2007-07-12 23:47

The great thing that I especially like about the new "style" of storytelling is that not only it includes elements of the TIPs that were not shown in the first season, but it also expresses symbolisms here and there (i.e.: zombie-gokko, subtle quotes from Kei and Satoko, friendship between Shion and Mion).

Furthermore, I give another plus for the consistency of the true Higurashi feel - the humourous "horror" that Kei felt being attacked by the "zombies" are something that is exactly what Ryukishi07 would write up as a prologue to things to come.

Lastly, Rika-chan + wine + speaking to ____________ = GJ.

LuckyCat 2007-07-13 04:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by kj1980 (Post 1039858)
Furthermore, I give another plus for the consistency of the true Higurashi feel - the humourous "horror" that Kei felt being attacked by the "zombies" are something that is exactly what Ryukishi07 would write up as a prologue to things to come.

Thanks kj, that's the vibe I was getting, but I couldn't put it into words. :)

Oh and, (as always?) the preview for episode 3 is at:
http://www.oyashirosama.com/web/kai/onair/index.htm

Ottocycle 2007-07-13 06:05

I'm one satisfied viewer.
Spoiler:

And even though the zombie-tag was primarily intended to be humorous, it gave off a subtle hint of the creepyness that was usually characteristic of a chapter's later stages. Especially at the door with the red aura, outstretched hands and all. Wonder why.

Kudos to the sequence's execution for combining the 2 ends of a chapter in that though.

Klashikari 2007-07-13 06:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by kj1980 (Post 1039858)
The great thing that I especially like about the new "style" of storytelling is that not only it includes elements of the TIPs that were not shown in the first season, but it also expresses symbolisms here and there (i.e.: zombie-gokko, subtle quotes from Kei and Satoko, friendship between Shion and Mion).

so true. This will be extremely critical with various "intense" scenes later on.
Quote:

you nailed the point here :heh:
Question though : the zombie tag wasn't already on Onikakushi-hen?

Oh well, finally got the raw, and it is much easier to listen, instead of nico heh...
Some comments added and of course, crapload of screencaps (150 to be accurate :heh:)

I hope they will keep going on this pace, the story telling is really much more efficient ^__^

MarthX 2007-07-13 07:36

Someone uploaded the episode 3 preview on YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqQBJulmueY

Tatarigoroshi version two?

Akabane_Kun 2007-07-13 08:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarthX (Post 1040230)
Someone uploaded the episode 3 preview on YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqQBJulmueY

Tatarigoroshi version two?

Well yakusamashi is supose to interweave scenes from the question arcs so i guess its normal to see scenes that ressemble those arcs.

Klashikari 2007-07-13 08:09

Yes, this is Kameda-Kun, which they skipped from tatarigoroshi !
And they will take the opportunity to add Satoko's past as well.

I hope they will somehow cover Mion and Shion past (and why not keiichi, whi wasn't really finely done in Tsumihoroboshi...)