AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=138)
-   -   Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Phantom Blood (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=40714)

sukreih 2006-12-25 02:31

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Phantom Blood

New Jojo movie coming out in 2007.Phantom Blood is part 1 of the Jojo arc,where everything between the Joestar family and Dio started(there's a brief scene of part 1 in the part 3 OVA as well.).

--------
The director/art/character designer is the same person who did the character designs from the part 3 OVA. He does all three this time.
And the main cast excluding Jonathan seems to be the same as the Jojo game made by Bandai.(which,by the way,sucked..)

I personally did not like how the characters turned out in the OVA. The 1993 version was okay,but the characters got somewhat Hokuto-ized in 2001.And guessing from some screenshots,I think the character designs remain the same as the part 3 OVA.(but the pic on the main page of the official website kindda looks like the comic book..)

Also I thought episodes 1~7(2001) wasn't as good as episodes 8~13(1993.Directed by Kitakubo Hiroyuki),for they had different directors.Well,we have a different director for this,so I can't really judge that..

Okay,let's forget about the directing and the character designs. But HOW COULD THEY EXCLUDE SPEEDWAGON?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know it's a movie and that time is limited,but no Speedwagon? Speedwagond is THE most important character in the entire Jojo series! There will be no SPW Group! No luxrious life for the Jojos!
-------

Nonetheless,I'll be watching this as soon as it hits the theaters.It can't be that bad...it's still Jojo.(arrgh but no SpeedWagon!)

Official Site

NoSanninWa 2006-12-25 02:43

Thanks for the news. I'll be hoping that the movie is more like the excellent original 1993 OVA series, than that horrible second OVA series

Nightengale 2006-12-25 04:14

Meh, one movie isn't nearly enough to showcase the awesomeness that is Dio Brando ver. Phantom Blood (( I've always thought that Dio was his best at the 1st arc )), much less tell 5 volumes of story in one movie.

I'm more hoping that this movie does well enough so that a OVA or TV series gets highlighted for Phantom Blood or Pillar Men.

Spoiler for Young Dio during Phantom Blood:

sukreih 2006-12-25 13:18

The 2001 version is not bad once you get used to it..but must admit the 1993 version is much,much better.But I hated Vanilla Ice's voice.Compared to Vanilla Ice,Dio's voice is very good.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightengale (Post 779235)
Meh, one movie isn't nearly enough to showcase the awesomeness that is Dio Brando ver. Phantom Blood (( I've always thought that Dio was his best at the 1st arc )), much less tell 5 volumes of story in one movie.

I'm more hoping that this movie does well enough so that a OVA or TV series gets highlighted for Phantom Blood or Pillar Men.

Spoiler for Young Dio during Phantom Blood:

Yeah,Dio is awesome. And for that spoiler thing...(or so we call it the 'Zukyuuuuuuuuun' scene) of course it has to be there! It's one of the most memorable scenes in part 1.(that,and the 'Kimi ga naku made nakurunno wo yamenai!' following that) I'm just worried if it will have that much of a impact it had in the manga.

Also..I wonder if they'll omit the UERYYYYY/WRYYYY as they did in the OVA. The best WRYYYY I heard(I heard only 2 versions anyways) of is the one in the Capcom games.The WRYYYYY in the Bandai game is simply someone growling in a wryyyyish fashion.Only vampire/zombies are supposed to make that sound(that,and Giorno..but let's say he's half Vampire..),yet it sounded like anyone could make it.

The reason Jojo is not one of the favourite anime adaptation manga is that it's hard to make..especially the fighting scenes. Jojo characters fight smart,unlike most of the fighting animes where it's simply a power battle between two or more characters.. and it'll be quite difficult to show those kind of fights in anime..the directing has to be really good or it'll end up quite...very..bad.

I wish all parts of Jojo will be made into anime.. part 2 and part 6 has high potentials for the next Jojo anime project...part 2 because of Joseph(yay Joseph!) and part 6 also involves Jotaro and Dio(however had the worst villian in Jojo history).
But whatever part they make,I seriously do not hope the cast involving the part3 OVAs will make it. Imagine the boys in part 5 in Jojo OVA artwork! Whatever will happen to Narancia..

Oberon 2007-01-25 09:19

A little heads up for those who haven't checked it out yet. On the official site (http://www.jojo-movie.com/) there are now 2 trailers for the upcoming movie in the "Special" section and they got me exited all over again. I cried manly tears during the 2nd trailer. Hopefully this will prove successful and more Jojo will get animated. I wouldn't say no to an animated part 2 or a redone part 3.

PS: I love the Araki style SFX you get when you move your mouse cursor quickly over the site. :)

Nightengale 2007-01-28 22:02

One word : FAPTASTIC~!

Damn, the forefront tease on the seiyuu voice-acting is damn good. Konishi's vocals on that last part there made me tremble in school~girlish excitement and Koyama's serious-adult-no-nonsense Zepelli tone sounded really pleasing to the ears. Hikaru's voice as Dio was pretty good as well, though it did sound more rough and gritty than I thought it would be. It felt more like a RAW Seto Kaiba more than anything.

And the visuals. DAMN!! If the trailer is anything to go by, it's almost like a genuinely faithful early ARAKI adaption, though it does evoke some feel of Raoh-Gaiden~ish feel with the thick lines and gray-toned rich non-digital-like colours. I don't think it will have the same EPIC background colours/tones/effects of Raoh Gaiden though.

Spoiler for manga-reader's rants:

TheGarbageMan 2007-02-15 10:59

Hmm, does anyone know of a group that will do a cam-video sub of it?

-GM

Super Ska Master 2007-02-15 11:11

Why don't they just make a Jojo TV series and make everyone happy. Or just make 7 TV series and cover each arc! Cuz, screw that, I am not collecting 80+ volumes of a manga. With Viz, that'll take forever. I saw the OVA which covered the second half of the 3rd arc I guess. I liked it a lot. I want the rest of the series to be animated.

sukreih 2007-02-20 09:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Super Ska Master (Post 833917)
Why don't they just make a Jojo TV series and make everyone happy. Or just make 7 TV series and cover each arc!

How I thrive for that. They should have different character designers for those..sorry to the fans,but Hayama's Jojo characters are never like the manga.(with the exception of the 2nd half of part 3) I think he often gets them confused with The New Hokuto no Ken. And with unique mangas like Jojo, the anime will be a total flop if there were no good staff to make it. So there are complications..

The 2nd part of the part3 OVA was okay,but I heard the Phantom Blood the Movie sucked. Welll,that was the overall impression, some were saying it was good as a movie itself without knowing the manga, I'm just remaining neutral til I see it for myself.

khell_kurono 2007-02-27 09:45

in jojo-movie.com there is the list of seiyus, the characters are:
Jonathan
Dio
Erina
Zeppeli
Jojo's dad
Tonpeti
(There's no Straights u_u)
and there is a strange thing in the speedwagon's name with a link

go to jojo-movie.con and enter the cast/staff section, in the left list, Speedwagon's name is the last of the list

Super Ska Master 2007-06-26 15:44

I wonder when this will get subbed.

TheGarbageMan 2007-06-26 16:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Super Ska Master (Post 1013019)
I wonder when this will get subbed.

i wonder when the dvd will come out

Super Ska Master 2007-06-27 12:19

Why don't people bootleg movies in Japan like we do. =P We could already have a crappy version.

kenjiharima 2007-06-27 12:25

WOW!!! The Dio Brando Saga begins!!

I liked the 1st OVA way back 1993 and even the 2nd part in 2001 which was also released as a fighting game by Capcom.

Overall Jotaro VS Dio is still the best! Well at leasr we get to see origin of Dio animated. And Lastly Yeah the game Pahtom Blood Suckes...evade attack tactics...damn...XD

Gabrius 2008-04-16 18:32

any news on a dvd release?

Kalimah 2008-10-09 18:37

it's delayed because apparently Dio is a terrorist (please note, i'm using sarcasm)
because of
Spoiler for spoilers for those who havent read the manga or watched the ova:

blah blah blah...whiney bastards!! gimme my phantom blood movie!!!! :(

ginrai1984 2008-10-12 12:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kalimah (Post 1975908)
it's delayed because apparently Dio is a terrorist (please note, i'm using sarcasm)
because of
Spoiler for spoilers for those who havent read the manga or watched the ova:

blah blah blah...whiney bastards!! gimme my phantom blood movie!!!! :(

actually you misinterpreted the entire islam vs jojo thing (which suck either way) the involment is aimed at the published volumes of jba by viz and so far v11 and further are postponed and personally i'm fearing for the worst that jba won't be published onwards!

so far i have heard about the phantom blood dvd is that it was never released apperantly!

Eigoman 2008-10-15 15:48

Man, I can't wait for this to be released on DVD (Big Jojo fan). I'd be dying for a TV series as well, but I don't think one will be released because I think the anime companies are afraid they'd be sued by all those bands refrenced, and Araki will give them the green light to change the names.

Karnot 2009-02-10 14:31

Did ANYONE see this movie ? Was it even released ? Its supposed to have been two years already !

ginrai1984 2009-02-15 14:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karnot (Post 2209634)
Did ANYONE see this movie ? Was it even released ? Its supposed to have been two years already !

like i said the movie never appeared on dvd!the reasons why it didn't is unknown for everybody(or maybe xept for araki-sensei)