AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Playback Help (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Why is my MKV quality all over the place? (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=114188)

Axmann 2012-08-16 14:27

Why is my MKV quality all over the place?

For some reason, lately my MKV playback quality has been... questionable.

This comes in the form of jagged-ish lines on chracters and scenes, and what appears to me as fairly washed-out color.

It just seems that lines aren't as defined and crisp as I'd like them to be, if anyone knows what I mean.

To perhaps make this easier to describe, could someone perhaps give me a sample MKV so I could compare it with yours?

sneaker 2012-08-16 15:07

How about you upload a mkv sample and post a screenshot and we tell you whether it's normal or not?

j0x 2012-08-17 05:12

i bet you downloaded some bitrate deprive encodes those mini-size anime encodes have low filesizes but definitely has lower quality too

its a trade-off you get lower filesizes but lose quality too

and MKV is just a container what you really mean is H264 the standard video format right now

Hiroi Sekai 2012-08-17 20:31

Which player are you using? I recommend using MPC-HC along with the CCCP (codec pack). On top of that, if you've got a decent processor you can run madVR as well. From what I've seen, it brings good balance to the colours and makes it look somewhat smoother.

XxSleepyxX 2012-08-19 03:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Axmann (Post 4308111)
For some reason, lately my MKV playback quality has been... questionable.

This comes in the form of jagged-ish lines on chracters and scenes, and what appears to me as fairly washed-out color.

It just seems that lines aren't as defined and crisp as I'd like them to be, if anyone knows what I mean.

To perhaps make this easier to describe, could someone perhaps give me a sample MKV so I could compare it with yours?

It depends on what your encode is. If its a 10 bit it'd be understandable since you need a computer with a decent cpu setup. If its a 480,720 or 8bit encode you might have splitter or encoder problems. It can also depend if your download got corrupted. CCCP is good for most things. Unless you have a computer with at least 4 cores i wouldn't advise madvr since it'll strain your computer.

Another solution is try playing it on another computer if the other computer is fine it might just be yours. You didn't really give a lot of information so most people are just speculating.

sylviana 2012-08-20 04:26

at least give us screenshot please, so we can give answer to that. it's too random without SS, u know?

Axmann 2012-08-23 18:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by sylviana (Post 4313137)
at least give us screenshot please, so we can give answer to that. it's too random without SS, u know?

Yes but I'd like to use something that I know other people have.

Quote:

Originally Posted by XxSleepyxX (Post 4311584)
Unless you have a computer with at least 4 cores i wouldn't advise madvr since it'll strain your computer.

I do have a quadcore cpu