AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Final Fantasy XVI (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=155755)

videoman190 2020-09-16 16:25

Final Fantasy XVI

Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread) Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)
I am going to say this straight out please add playable female characters and not be a sausage fest like XV. And I am steamed that DLC on XV got canceled.

Kanon 2020-09-16 16:54

Character models look so bad. What happened?

Nothing this trailer's shown has me excited.

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2020-09-16 17:06

Meh, am I supposed to be impressed by that trailer?

cyberdemon 2020-09-16 18:27

Looks interesting. I wonder if it will just be the main character and no party. Though admittedly from what I have seen, that was all likely prologue stuff. My guess is that he will make a party later on With others who can transform, like the girl who is shiva and whoever is titan.

Wonder how far along the game is. Hopefully it is a decent way done

Strange that it has a subtitle like Awakening. I wonder if it intended to be a multi part series.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kanon (Post 6438256)

Nothing this trailer's shown has me excited.

I think they’re good but just that they are not finished. They will probably be touched up on more when the get more of a grasp of what they can do on the ps5

kiak666 2020-09-16 18:52

Looks like they're returning to a more traditional fantasy setting.

cyberdemon 2020-09-16 20:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by kiak666 (Post 6438278)

Yoshi p did say not long ago that he wanted a final fantasy that was more fantasy. Little to no mecha, etc. pretty sure he was hinting at this game them.

Frontier 2020-09-16 22:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by kiak666 (Post 6438278)

I appreciate that, but it still has a little too much of the FFXV aesthetic to my liking.

Tactics 2020-09-17 01:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kanon (Post 6438256)

They definitely rushed it for sake of hype, can't blame them for doing so.

Not amazing but enjoyable enough.
I surprised they went with stronger medieval Europe aesthetics compare to previous main titles that have a trace of fictional Japanese writing idea from the initial trailer.

Shadowbringers bring me joy, VII Remake went with bold approach that can be better or worse depends on how they done next installment. Hopefully they didn't screw up with this like XV.

Galaxian 2020-09-17 09:16

I'm a bit confuse. During the "I'll kill you... If it's the last thing I do." part, that's the same character?

Anh_Minh 2020-09-17 12:07

It seems to reprise all the things I didn't like about FFXV...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Galaxian (Post 6438371)
I'm a bit confuse. During the "I'll kill you... If it's the last thing I do." part, that's the same character?

Looks like a before and after timeskip to me.

cyberdemon 2020-09-17 14:06

Why are people so obsessed with turn based returning? I keep reading comments on YouTube and every other keeps demanding the return of turn based combat? Turn based it slow and clunky.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anh_Minh (Post 6438400)

That’s what I thought watching this. This is all likely prologue of the game showing how the Mc got to where he is now

Klashikari 2020-09-17 14:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by cyberdemon (Post 6438421)
Why are people so obsessed with turn based returning? I keep reading comments on YouTube and every other keeps demanding the return of turn based combat? Turn based it slow and clunky.

Because games like Bravely Default and Octopath Traveler proved that turn based combat systems can be engaging even nowadays. Furthermore, it is usually less prone to "mashing" for obvious reasons.

Galaxian 2020-09-17 14:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anh_Minh (Post 6438400)

Quote:

Originally Posted by cyberdemon (Post 6438421)
That’s what I thought watching this. This is all likely prologue of the game showing how the Mc got to where he is now

Then place your bets. Is MC hunted after failing to protect Joshua and wants to avenge him? Or has he decided that dominants are a danger and he now tries to kill the person he once swore to protect?

bakato 2020-09-17 16:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tactics (Post 6438324)
They definitely rushed it for sake of hype, can't blame them for doing so.

Not amazing but enjoyable enough.
I surprised they went with stronger medieval Europe aesthetics compare to previous main titles that have a trace of fictional Japanese writing idea from the initial trailer.

Shadowbringers bring me joy, VII Remake went with bold approach that can be better or worse depends on how they done next installment. Hopefully they didn't screw up with this like XV.

I was never a big fan of the overly European medieval aesthetic like XIV. I prefer a sort of sci-fi fantasy like XIII or the modern royalty like XV. But I guess this wasn't too surprising considering the producer is the same guy that saved XIV.

foxbox360 2020-09-17 17:14

let's hope we don't wait ten years for this one. Ff 15 story was crap unless you see the movie and YouTube clips.

Wandering Soul 2020-09-17 17:25

Can't say the trailer really impressed me. I'll still want to learn more about this title, but I'm hoping it doesn't turn out like FFXV.

Frontier 2020-09-17 17:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Galaxian (Post 6438424)
Then place your bets. Is MC hunted after failing to protect Joshua and wants to avenge him? Or has he decided that dominants are a danger and he now tries to kill the person he once swore to protect?

I assumed he was rebelling against the system or whatever made Joshua go on a rampage as Ifrit.

Kanon 2020-09-17 17:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Galaxian (Post 6438424)

The latter. More tragic this way.

Shadow5YA 2020-09-17 18:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wandering Soul (Post 6438451)
Can't say the trailer really impressed me. I'll still want to learn more about this title, but I'm hoping it doesn't turn out like FFXV.

If nothing else, I have more faith in YoshiP's team to keep a consistent schedule than I do in Luminous Productions.

Poaching Suzuki Ryota who was the battle director for DMC5 is also a good sign.

JagdPanther 2020-09-17 19:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by bakato (Post 6438433)
I was never a big fan of the overly European medieval aesthetic like XIV.

You must've hated IX then.