AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Record of the Agarest War (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=88037)

Troilism 2009-11-03 20:57

Record of the Agarest War

I'm surprised no one has posted about this yet 0_0

Dating sim combined with SRPG combined with baby making (generations). You get your sauna scene, marriage scene, etc, etc...

Not sure how the game is going to be yet but it looks like a fun time. It's out for the 360 in europe and coming to the US PSN on the 9th or so.

It's just a translation, no voice overs or anything so all jap except eng subs

lightl 2009-11-04 04:13

my copy is somewhere crossing atlantic assuming it did get caught up in that postal strike UK is having atm, otherwise I woulld posted something about. what are your initial impression about it so far if you have played it

Troilism 2009-11-04 16:11

Haven't tried it yet, I live in Canada so I am waiting for it to come to PSN. Dunno if I will get it right away because of MW2. I'm not a big shooter fan but that game looks fun and borderlands has me craving fps action.

Anyways I guess even the Japanese don't have all the info about the game out even though it's been out for like 2 years over there 0_0. I am referring to getting the scenes with girls that is...

DragoonKain3 2009-11-05 02:19

Quote:

I'm surprised no one has posted about this yet 0_0
It's actually mentioned a few times over in the PS3 thread. It's just too bad my copy arrived on the same day Dragon Age did, and so my CE box is still unopened lol.

Renya 2009-11-05 18:12

playing it atm, really nice game wish they are selling a guide to it since kinda want the true ending. The LE art book is quite nice as well, ordered it from game.co.uk. Quite ecchi but i don't mind it as well came with a couple of postcards and a normal poster.

I like the way they just translated the game instead of having english dub but thats just my opinon, should do it with every game imo lol.

Kinda wished i started in Hard mode straight away but i guess it doesn't matter that much since i'll just replay it later on if i am bothered lol, still need to finish off cross edge as well which i've had for ages >.>

Just wondering will be there any difference between the NA and the europe since its two different companies publishing it.

Hyperion 2010-05-30 01:01

I just got my copy off of PSN. Was a big download and took for EVER to install. Loving it so far.

THIS GAME NEEDS MORE LOVE!!!

Edge Meltdown 2010-05-30 01:08

anyone knows which chapter I can get leonhardt back? I'm only at the 2nd gen aiming for true end.

TnAdct1 2010-05-30 16:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMC3alpha (Post 3070200)
anyone knows which chapter I can get leonhardt back? I'm only at the 2nd gen aiming for true end.

I don't think you get Leonhardt back at all, since the idea here is that the main hero of the second generation is his son, with the third generation hero being Leonhardt's grandson and so forth.

Renya 2010-05-30 17:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMC3alpha (Post 3070200)

you need to get some kind of revival book, can't remember how but u can get it in each generation. So when ur in the 2nd generation, u find a book to revive the 1st generation people however you have to pay a fee to revive them i think.

Its been awhile since i completed it check gamefaqs i know theres a guide on the revival of the characters

Zekori 2010-06-04 18:41

It's in the first forest dungeon of generation 2, additionally the cost of reviving hero/heroines increases to their total level prior being revived, but even then it isn't so much of a big deal.

On another note currently "beaten" gen4, in the sense I just need to go to the pillar and choose my gen5 protagonist (Passive Float Willpower is tempting) but I'm sorta finishing up titles before I progress. So far personally the title is an okay title, nothing great, nothing major, but that's fine I wasn't expecting much out of it - just another SRPG to kill time with that doesn't involve grinding out stats or levels since that bores me (D3), I'm not that much of a munchkin.

The story plot points for generations are pretty "myeh" at times, Leo's whole motivation for being revived was pretty out there. Ladius... Christ that was a boring protagonist. Thoma was pretty awesome, shame the previous two protagonists weren't as fleshed as he was. Duran was just a jerkass facade, not sure about the next/last protagonist. Character development is thrown out there, but sometimes its just to move the plot forward or just the romance subplots, secondary characters tend to get the shaft every so often, it was only until generation 4 were those sub characters didn't entirely feel tacked onto the story.

But like I said before, I wasn't expecting much from this game so I won't hound it. In the very least it's still a more enjoyable experience than say Xenosaga II.

Shinji103 2010-06-04 19:57

What I want to know is why the Xbox360 version is getting a hard disk release, while PS3 owners can only get it through PSN download? (barring getting the JP disc) Plus that means the Xbox360 owners get a bunch of extras the PS3 owners don't. :(

And does the US version have a Japanese voice option? If not, that makes it clear if I want to import or download it.

Edge Meltdown 2010-06-04 20:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shinji103 (Post 3078505)
What I want to know is why the Xbox360 version is getting a hard disk release, while PS3 owners can only get it through PSN download? (barring getting the JP disc) Plus that means the Xbox360 owners get a bunch of extras the PS3 owners don't. :(

And does the US version have a Japanese voice option? If not, that makes it clear if I want to import or download it.

afaik, there's no eng dub only japanese. also, even though we don't get the bd release on the bright side, downloading it cost less, but, the space it takes is enormous.

ddwkc 2010-06-05 04:25

I didn't play much yet, but it's better than expected.

MeoTwister5 2010-06-05 05:34

Just hit the 5th Generation and now I'm bored to death with practically no more plot to speak off.

demonix 2010-06-05 07:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMC3alpha (Post 3078511)
afaik, there's no eng dub only japanese. also, even though we don't get the bd release on the bright side, downloading it cost less, but, the space it takes is enormous.

You are aware that you can get the EU version for less then the US version (it'd cost somewhere between $25-30 for the standard edition) although you'll get screwed on the DLC (which you won't get)

Flame-X 2010-06-06 01:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 (Post 3079024)
Just hit the 5th Generation and now I'm bored to death with practically no more plot to speak off.

I've just hit the 2nd generation and bored already. All the battles felt like it's recycled from previous ones.

farios 2010-06-09 04:02

While i agree this isn't exactly the greatest game ever, i find it very fun and enjoyable. Highly customizable characters, multiple difficulties choice, many skills and combinations and the plot is not quite good but the characters makes it fun. I'll give it 9/10

Westlo 2010-06-09 04:14

Record of Agarest War 2 got announced for Ps3 in this weeks Famitsu.

farios 2010-06-09 06:32

^
Scans for it(credit goes to Kaich621 from GameFAQS)

http://www.imagebam.com/image/a4f9fa83825024

http://www.imagebam.com/image/4f5bbf83840460

Edge Meltdown 2010-06-09 14:05

The ROAW 2 gameplay looks similar to cross edge somehow... now I'll just wait for its prequel to be localized, but, I won't get my hopes up on that happening.