AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Tech Support (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Vegas help? (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=86753)

KarmiDex 2009-09-28 07:39

Vegas help?

I don't know if this belongs to this forum but I really need to find a solution to this. D: I need helppp.

Well erm, I've recently been editing videos with Sony Vegas Pro 8. I've been working on my DMC4 amvs and such so everything's fine.

Though the problem that occur is; I was trying to make a DMC3 video...previewing and everything is totally fine. But then when I rendered half the edited video, there was NO video at all. Like, everything's totally black. But musics there. The flashes of the effects there but NO video. Nothing. No animation. No video. Nothing.

I kinda thought maybe the best solution would just be re-downloading the clips again but I'll have to go through 3 days of redownloading a whole package.
But then if one video doesn't work, I assume all the other parts don't work.
I just don't get it how DMC4 works but not DMC3 cause they are downloaded in the same site.

I really wanna do a DMC3 amv so badly but I can't do it with a problem like this happening.

Help?

-KarumA- 2009-09-28 15:13

Saw this problem before with someone on Aarin
she had the issue that everything she'd import wouldn't show the video in the workarea screen
Not sure how to solve this problem, but she fixed it by reinstalling the product
have you tried doing this?

upload a clip and send me the link, I use vegas as well this way we canc heck if it is indeed the file or your program that needs a reinstall

KarmiDex 2009-09-30 00:29

Well I'm not sure about reinstalling the program. Cause then I don't wanna hassle myself to reinstall everything again (including searching codec and stuff) But if its needed then I guess I can try...

So do you mean that I just render a random clip of DMC3 and then send the link to you (or paste it here) for you to see?

-KarumA- 2009-09-30 02:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by KarmiDex (Post 2673921)
Well I'm not sure about reinstalling the program. Cause then I don't wanna hassle myself to reinstall everything again (including searching codec and stuff) But if its needed then I guess I can try...

So do you mean that I just render a random clip of DMC3 and then send the link to you (or paste it here) for you to see?

well the DMC3 files you imported, what extension do they have?
I meant one of those so that I can check if I have the same problem, that when rendered they don't show :)
this way we can see if it is the file that was trouble or your vegas is buggered

KarmiDex 2009-10-01 21:34

http://www.mediafire.com/?nomuyyjzvyy

There's the link. I just downloaded a clip and uploaded into mediafire and blah.
I think this file and the rest from have the same problem.
Cause this is downloaded from Blue-Laguna so I thought there isn't much trouble since I initially downloaded from Devils-Lair.org (but now they have it password-protected so I can't really download from there anymore)
I think Blue-Laguna have the same set of DMC3 cutscene clips from Devils-Lair so yeah, the problem doesn't make much difference.

Thank you for helping me ;_____; xD sorry if like...I confuse you or anything cause I can be really blur and slow..

-KarumA- 2009-10-02 10:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by KarmiDex (Post 2678153)
http://www.mediafire.com/?nomuyyjzvyy

There's the link. I just downloaded a clip and uploaded into mediafire and blah.
I think this file and the rest from have the same problem.
Cause this is downloaded from Blue-Laguna so I thought there isn't much trouble since I initially downloaded from Devils-Lair.org (but now they have it password-protected so I can't really download from there anymore)
I think Blue-Laguna have the same set of DMC3 cutscene clips from Devils-Lair so yeah, the problem doesn't make much difference.

Thank you for helping me ;_____; xD sorry if like...I confuse you or anything cause I can be really blur and slow..

np =)
Just next time don't forget to add any important info like where you got the files
If it won't work you could always rip the scenes without audio from the game with Fraps, which is what I did with DMC4
it films whatever it is you're doing on your desktop, I simply played all gallery files and recorded them :heh:
I'll take a looksie for you

edit:

I get the same problem, it is visible int he render box but not after you finish rendering it
However you said in your previous post that this bunch is from another website, so you redownloaded all the clips that you probably lost or something
I don't think that the videos on the websites you said are the same, they might be in height etc. but they could have a codec, which is confirmed because when I play the clip normally my codec extensions get activated for both the audio and video

I'll ask on CreativeCow, those guys ought to know what's going on
what I can tell you and this is what I found out after posting the above edit part is that VLC gave me a message that the decoder was unusable

edit2:

a response:

Quote:

I used to have this same problem with Newtek's Toaster Edit software. The problem the editors that worked under me had was they were nesting too many projects into a separate project, and not clearing the temp files. So tell your friend to delete the pre-rendered files (find them by going to File-Properties) while Vegas is opened. Then have your friend go to C-Documents and Settings-All Users-Programs-Sony Vegas and delete the temp files there. The computer gets filled with all the junk that you have to clear out from time to time for smoothe operation.
topic link:
http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/24/899928

KarmiDex 2009-10-03 09:03

Oh...so all I have to do is just delete all the temp files?

Edit:

I tried to reinstall Vegas cause surprisingly, I used my sister's comp for Vegas and it WORKED there x___x so I reinstall the one in my comp with hopes thinking it'll work - Nope, same problem happen.
So all I did was just import the same clip in Windows Movie Maker, convert it to WMV and it worked X____X oh well...
If thats how it can work then I guess I can do that...I'm not sure. xD;;
I've deleted all the temp and pre-rendered files so bleh...