AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   (CR) Kimetsu no Yaiba (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=151439)

Haak 2019-06-01 11:57

Not a bad episode but probably the weakest episode thus far. I noticed a fair amount of padding out with flashbacks disrupting the flow of the story, a little too much "Talking Is A Free Action" and some aspects that didn't make a whole lot of sense like why they would be safer in the house rather than outside with the balls ricocheting everywhere or why it took so long for Nezuko to get the lady to safety or why Yushiro stopped pressing his obvious advantage over the volleyball girl-demon.

Have to say, I did get a big lol out of Yushiro suggesting him and Tamayo escape only to backtrack after seeing Tamayo's mortified response.

FlareKnight 2019-06-01 11:57

Definitely a tricky matchup for Tanjiro and Nezuko. A brutal pair that really managed to elevate their own attacks by working in combination. Without a bit of teamwork in turn there wouldn't have been much chance to survive. A very nice effort by Tanjiro at the end to elevate himself to the point that he could secure a good strike.

Ouch for Nezuko though. She lost that power battle. I'm curious where the show goes in improving her own abilities. Tanjiro had those years to train, but as things stand there is a limit to what Nezuko can do. Complex battle tactics aren't available for her, her strength likely isn't enough against top tier demons and she can be lured into bad moves. Hopefully the show can help her along.

Good episode. Did kind of forget for a bit that demons can regenerate from some pretty crazy damage :heh:.

Nivek von Beldo 2019-06-01 13:28

That was a very tight battle, both the temari and arrow were very formidable tech and forced tanjiro to use all his techiques

SeijiSensei 2019-06-01 14:32

I wondered why Tanjiro didn't try to cut off a hand then quickly move to the head before the hand regenerated. Of course, the way it's done here, they get to show those flashy water attacks. The representations of water have a certain similarity to Hokusai's paintings of the wave off Kanagawa.

The demons seemed remarkably helpless even after
Spoiler:

Finally the boy got in a few good attacks on ball-lady, but our brother/sister team was pretty much on their own for most of the fight.

I was impressed by the power of Tanjiro's finishing move.

Good cliffhanger.

grecefar 2019-06-01 15:41

those two only met that day and became good friends in the way there, I never would've guess that lol.

I'm liking this anime more and more, the chapter felt too short.

Anh_Minh 2019-06-01 16:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by grecefar (Post 6347715)
those two only met that day and became good friends in the way there, I never would've guess that lol.

Same. I thought they'd been a team for years.

I do wonder what Kibitsuji's doing with his 12 subordinates.

Kanon 2019-06-01 18:44

I found the pace slow this week. I heard they're strictly sticking to two chapters per episode, which has worked fine so far but when it's entirely fighting it's a bad idea. They even repeated the same scenes twice to pad out the episode.

Dark Wing 2019-06-01 22:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kanon (Post 6347740)
I found the pace slow this week. I heard they're strictly sticking to two chapters per episode, which has worked fine so far but when it's entirely fighting it's a bad idea. They even repeated the same scenes twice to pad out the episode.

Yea, I'm not really a fan of that either. Now I understand that in adaptions studios usually has a stopping point in the source material they're trying to get to within the shows run. However I feel this fight could've been wrapped up in one episode.

Cosmic Eagle 2019-06-02 05:48

Come to think of it....Muzan sounds like To Aru's Aleister. Same CV?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anh_Minh (Post 6347721)
Same. I thought they'd been a team for years.

Personally, the corny and lighthearted bits such as this and Nezuko's behaviour + Tanjiro's compassion are the main draw of this title

Applehell 2019-06-02 16:04

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark Wing (Post 6347756)
Yea, I'm not really a fan of that either. Now I understand that in adaptions studios usually has a stopping point in the source material they're trying to get to within the shows run. However I feel this fight could've been wrapped up in one episode.

Thirded. I get where they wanted to this end fight, but the padding/extension was done shoddy. Still I've seen much worse I suppose.

Haak 2019-06-03 10:49

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark Wing (Post 6347756)

Adapting three chapters instead of two would've no doubt helped this episode, but imo I think the next episode is going to feel like a good "complete" episode if they adapt the next two chapters and they probably didn't want to spoil that.

I think padding is a right choice but only if you can be creative with it and add a bit of anime original content. We never really got a lot of focus on Tanjiro's training with Urokodaki or even his life with his family before the incident so having some flashbacks to those would help give the combat more depth and make the fight feel more personal respectively, provided that it's tied in well enough. That would take a significant amount of creativity but I don't think it's anything we haven't seen from Ufotable before. The creative vision that they had with their very first project The Garden of Sinners produced something so successful it put them on the map for good. And then there's FSN-UBW: It was a faithful adaptation but they made a lot subtle changes here and there so that it would work as an anime (even going for double episodes when the situation called for it). They even made a completely anime original finale that blew me away when I saw it.

But hey, no anime is perfect.

Kanon 2019-06-03 12:31

It's a bit of a paradox, but if I didn't know the manga has like 160 chapters out, I would have thought the pacing of the story was actually fast. I mean, Tanjirou already met the last boss and he's fighting upper ranked demons and holding his own. I'm going to guess those two will actually turn out to be fodder, or at the very least infinitely weaker than the other upper ranked demons.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle (Post 6347801)
Come to think of it....Muzan sounds like To Aru's Aleister. Same CV?

Yes, Toshihiko Seki. He's a veteran seiyuu.

Cosmic Eagle 2019-06-04 22:28

https://www.amiami.jp/top/detail/det...BfksY8c2WWyT0g

Oh my....

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2019-06-05 01:51

Is that how Nezuko look when she shrinks in the box, or is that just a chibi figure?

Kanon 2019-06-08 17:21

That was a nice episode.

Those two demons turned out not to be upper ranked, as I suspected. Way too early in the story for the MC to fight boss material enemies. It's interesting that demons have no way to kill each other. Tamayo stated only the sun and the demon slayers' blades can kill them, but didn't Urokodaki imply Tanjirou could have killed the first demon he fought by destroying his head? Back then he was only carrying a normal weapon.

Tamayo using Muzan's curse as a way to kill her enemies is smart. It makes me wonder if Tamayo, who we know has freed herself from the curse, is the one who informed the Demon Slayers of Muzan's name and the fact he's the first demon. Of course, it could just be another demon who did the same.

Tanjirou and Nezuko meet their first future buddy at the end. Although it's the second time for Tanjirou.

Haak 2019-06-08 17:29

Quote:

but didn't Urokodaki imply Tanjirou could have killed the first demon he fought by destroying his head?
Technically, Urokodaki never implied anything - it was just a conclusion Tanjiro came to by himself. I don't think it was ever addressed but my interpretation was that Tanjiro came to the wrong conclusion but Urokodaki didn't correct him because he wanted to see if Tanjiro had enough resolve to try it.

Demons have already been shown to be capable of regenerating whole heads. The swamp demon said so when he was fighting Nezuko and Yushiro was shown doing so.

SeijiSensei 2019-06-08 18:24

Nezuko in the teaser at the end of each episode is incredibly cute but a bit too adoring of her brother.

Kanon 2019-06-08 18:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haak (Post 6349030)
Technically, Urokodaki never implied anything - it was just a conclusion Tanjiro came to by himself. I don't think it was ever addressed but my interpretation was that Tanjiro came to the wrong conclusion but Urokodaki didn't correct him because he wanted to see if Tanjiro had enough resolve to try it.

Demons have already been shown to be capable of regenerating whole heads. The swamp demon said so when he was fighting Nezuko and Yushiro was shown doing so.

Makes sense.

Now the question is, how is Nezuko going to be able to kill demons on her own? Assuming she doesn't get stuck in a purely supportive role.

Lukes YGO & WS on YT 2019-06-08 20:02

Fifa Women's World Cup is currently taking place so it's the perfect time for a couple of female demons to be having a game of football.

Nezuko's strength was impressive, she was kicking that thing back and forward no problem.

Guardian Enzo 2019-06-08 21:06

How is it that Tanjirou had a broken leg and rib and had to drag himself along the ground, and like a minute later he's walking without a limp?