AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

Beefsquatch 2015-02-25 21:55

To be honest I think the only difference with that Crossbone is that its a bit "purple-ish" in the show. I just assume it has some crazy build quality that Lucas gave it. OR it still has some gimmicks that the magazines don't wanna reveal yet?

Blue-kun 2015-02-26 00:46

Alightt, dumbest question! I finally put the RG Freedom together, although I'm still going to disassemble the parts and panel line it a bit and what not. Still, I'd like to get it standing on the Action Base 2 to take a couple pictures before, and somehow this has been the one thing that I can't figure out from the little manual, lol.

There are like 4 different pieces on the base itself to attach to the top, but I have absolutely no clue which one's supposed to be used for the RG Freedom. That and are there any extra pieces I should attack to the Freedom itself?

Tricky things! lol. Anyhow, I'm glad that I didn't break anything, so for a first gunpla ever that's already something, hahaha.

Skye629 2015-02-26 01:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue-kun (Post 5451159)
Alightt, dumbest question! I finally put the RG Freedom together, although I'm still going to disassemble the parts and panel line it a bit and what not. Still, I'd like to get it standing on the Action Base 2 to take a couple pictures before, and somehow this has been the one thing that I can't figure out from the little manual, lol.

There are like 4 different pieces on the base itself to attach to the top, but I have absolutely no clue which one's supposed to be used for the RG Freedom. That and are there any extra pieces I should attack to the Freedom itself?

Tricky things! lol. Anyhow, I'm glad that I didn't break anything, so for a first gunpla ever that's already something, hahaha.

I think the one you want is: 21-5, and plate G, part #13

Your kit comes with a custom action base connector, take the Base2 as you built it, then plug in/slide on the custom part into the square peg? part on top, then make sure you screws are tight enough (not too tight!)

http://dalong.net/review/rg/rg05/p/rg05_m0015.JPG

Blue-kun 2015-02-26 01:14

Ooooh, I see. Somehow I didn't see that, go figure lol. Thanks for the heads-up!

Knight_SV 2015-02-26 03:52

The next hguc revive series should be zeta, hyaku shiki and mk-II. Zeta could use the same mold as lightning gundam

Blue-kun 2015-02-26 11:13

I think I'm done! For now, at least, hahaha. Really liked putting this little fellow together, and for a first build ever I'm rather happy about the results, although I'm sure the second one I build will turn out better. Especially since I really ought to buy a proper cutter, the plier/diagonal cutter thing I had was too big, and sometimes it was a real pain to cut off some of the smaller parts from the runners. Unfortunately though, I can't seem to get him to hold any of the weapons properly, to the point where I gave up and ended up having him strike a pose without the saber and/or beam rifle. Those little pegs seem very, very finnicky on the hands, and it was always kind of loose lol.

Anyhow, I'll see if I can build a Justice next! To get the little pair. And then I'll probably go backwards and get a HG Unicorn Destroy Mode, lol. RIP my paychecks.



Also, might as well ask -- can you guys give me any recomendations for a cutter? If it's on amazon.co.jp, then even better. Also looking for something not too awfully expensive for now, mainly because I want to order it alongisde the Justice and if somehow it ends up being over a certain value the always cool Brazilian customs will tax me lol.

Skye629 2015-02-26 19:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knight_SV (Post 5451278)
The next hguc revive series should be zeta, hyaku shiki and mk-II. Zeta could use the same mold as lightning gundam

Eh Lightning and Zeta will take much more reworking to do compared to the Red Warrior and the RX-78-2. If anything they're gonna put out more old OYW kits for Origin and to give them much needed updates.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue-kun (Post 5451611)
I think I'm done! For now, at least, hahaha. Really liked putting this little fellow together, and for a first build ever I'm rather happy about the results, although I'm sure the second one I build will turn out better. Especially since I really ought to buy a proper cutter, the plier/diagonal cutter thing I had was too big, and sometimes it was a real pain to cut off some of the smaller parts from the runners. Unfortunately though, I can't seem to get him to hold any of the weapons properly, to the point where I gave up and ended up having him strike a pose without the saber and/or beam rifle. Those little pegs seem very, very finnicky on the hands, and it was always kind of loose lol.

Anyhow, I'll see if I can build a Justice next! To get the little pair. And then I'll probably go backwards and get a HG Unicorn Destroy Mode, lol. RIP my paychecks.



Also, might as well ask -- can you guys give me any recomendations for a cutter? If it's on amazon.co.jp, then even better. Also looking for something not too awfully expensive for now, mainly because I want to order it alongisde the Justice and if somehow it ends up being over a certain value the always cool Brazilian customs will tax me lol.

Congrats on your gunpla!

As for side-cutters, Im not sure whats on the japanese amazon, also, what price range are you looking for (if you could approximate to USD that would be great for me)?

Im actually on the market for new cutters as well, so far my works have been completed using a ModelMasters side cutter, which retails in the US for around $15 at the time I got it. Served me many years, even after the edges became slightly misaligned (still cut great, I just finished off the rest with knife or sanding sticks/filing tools). Ive also used a $7 or so side cutter, which brand name I forgot, at any rate it gets the job done, though it does take more force to cut. I use this one for the thick sprues/nubs since it can take a better beating

I currently have a Tamiya side cutter on the way. It comes in whats called a Tamiya Basic Tool Set? Cost me $16 USD and is currently en-route to me from Japan. Comes with a Side cutter, files, knife, and screwdrivers. Ill report on how that turns out after it arrives

Strigon 13 2015-02-26 19:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue-kun (Post 5451611)

It's kinda amazing how RGs can look good enough without any extra work, that freedom could use some panneling but for a first timer is quite a good work.

also guys, don't do this... never... ever.

Spoiler for How to Ruin 3 kits:

Skye629 2015-02-26 20:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strigon 13 (Post 5451998)
also guys, don't do this... never... ever.

Spoiler for How to Ruin 3 kits:

??????

Kitbashing? I don't get it

Rising Dragon 2015-02-26 20:23

Kitbashing and an awful paintjob. I imagine the paintjob is what's offending people with the design.

Skye629 2015-02-26 20:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rising Dragon (Post 5452023)
Kitbashing and an awful paintjob. I imagine the paintjob is what's offending people with the design.

Oh, now that I look at it, it seems the paint is applied through handbrushing/markers

Ouch



Anyways guess what other gunpla were getting?

Yeah, Japan is set to take over the world with these things lol (each sold separately with a little clear stand in the color of the kit included)
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-zExPE35RXh...62318406a2.jpg



http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-ln4W4baAPX...Untitled-3.jpg

Blue-kun 2015-02-26 21:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skye629 (Post 5451996)
Eh Lightning and Zeta will take much more reworking to do compared to the Red Warrior and the RX-78-2. If anything they're gonna put out more old OYW kits for Origin and to give them much needed updates.



Congrats on your gunpla!

As for side-cutters, Im not sure whats on the japanese amazon, also, what price range are you looking for (if you could approximate to USD that would be great for me)?

Im actually on the market for new cutters as well, so far my works have been completed using a ModelMasters side cutter, which retails in the US for around $15 at the time I got it. Served me many years, even after the edges became slightly misaligned (still cut great, I just finished off the rest with knife or sanding sticks/filing tools). Ive also used a $7 or so side cutter, which brand name I forgot, at any rate it gets the job done, though it does take more force to cut. I use this one for the thick sprues/nubs since it can take a better beating

I currently have a Tamiya side cutter on the way. It comes in whats called a Tamiya Basic Tool Set? Cost me $16 USD and is currently en-route to me from Japan. Comes with a Side cutter, files, knife, and screwdrivers. Ill report on how that turns out after it arrives

Thanks! I think up to like $15 would be a good price point for the cutter, which I guess translates to roughly 1500~2000 yen. I just can't see to go over 5000k total, and the Justice itself seems to be 1500, plus the action base and what not, so... yeah! lol.

Skye629 2015-02-27 00:51

HOLY FUCK ITS HD GOLD
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Ia552Faj0-...1600/gp000.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-MPquXnLMKc...1600/45345.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-l4FvlnaJL9...ro%2Bhonoo.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-L44kA29yfW...titled-127.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-xIsycRv4WR...titled-126.jpg

WHY THE FUCK DID I NOT WAIT FOR THIS VERSION -CRIES-

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-R_978Anss4...600/645645.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-u6kf4FSQ4s...titled-129.jpg

wavehawk 2015-02-27 04:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strigon 13 (Post 5451998)
also guys, don't do this... never... ever.
Spoiler for How to Ruin 3 kits:

- ...If this guys then posts about how he's built the coolest kitbash ever I will take my razor saws, drills, and cutting knives and kitbash him. THAT IS NOT HOW YOU MOD A BLOODY KIT FOR GOD'S SAKE.

StratoSpear 2015-02-27 04:07

Speaking of kitbashes, so far I've been toying around with my kits. Got this nifty little combination: Mega Shiki's upper body + Delta Kai's lower body, Mega Shiki's MegaRider's wings replaced with Delta Kai's funnels.

Of course, I would repaint the whole thing if I ever got around to it.

Patriot's Blade 2015-02-27 05:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strigon 13 (Post 5451998)
also guys, don't do this... never... ever.

Spoiler for How to Ruin 3 kits:

that's not weathering, not weathering right? that's not the finished product, its in mid process right?, that is not a finished product....... please let it be that is not a finished product, the paint job, the paint does not look smooth, please let it be still in mid process, not the finished product, no.........

Phoenix6000 2015-02-27 07:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skye629 (Post 5452236)
WHY THE FUCK DID I NOT WAIT FOR THIS VERSION -CRIES-


As someone who got an HG V2 last year, I know exactly how you feel.
:eyespin:

Patriot's Blade 2015-02-27 10:29

so has anyone heard of this legendary old late 90's V or V2 Gundam 1/144 scale kit that is somehow transformable, well with some parts forming or swapping, complete with a functional core fighter with a clear cockpit canopy which you have to manually replace parts for it to dock, to boot it has a complete inner skeleton that is either ABS plastic or something if you remove the outer shell that you may display it in its 'naked form' as shown on the box, it comes with this clear plastic display base that looks fragile & will break at any moment complete with a photo realistic picture of the battle scene from the anime with the V Gundam flying in the back ground that you can attach to the display base as a diorama, the best part is you could store the rifle on the hip armor, still can't remember where the beam sabers go though,

well i sort of seen it when i was like ten or something? belonging to someone i used to know, i' m not sure what the heck was that version even called, i think it puts the recent HG versions to shame & like a being a cheaper alternative to an RG or MG altogether, i only remember its roughly the same 1/144 scale as the HG V Gundams as i hold it in my hands considering i was ten back then when my hands were smaller, well what is it?

also glow in the dark SD Gundams that could shoot marbles, screw B-Daman!! Bandai does better than those Takara pea shooters!!! :heh:

wavehawk 2015-02-28 00:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. (Post 5452591)
so has anyone heard of this legendary old late 90's V or V2 Gundam 1/144 scale kit that is somehow transformable

- The only transformable victory kit in the 90's were the 1/100 HG and 1/60 HGEX kits. There was also a Victory Gundam toy that could transform but I don't think it had a specific scale.

The older 1/144 Victory kits came with a sparate Core Fighter, just like the current HG Victory kits, but themselves were not transformable. ABS plastic wasn't much used in Bandai kits until early or mid-2000's.

The only possibility was that someone may have made a resin kit of a Victory Gundam Top and Bottom parts in 1/144 scale, but I doubt a fully-transformable kit in that size was even possible back then. 1/100 maybe, but the Victory/F91/Crossbone Mobile Suits in 1/144 are tiny--just a head or two taller than a Star Wars/Microman/G.I.Joe figure. And given the WAY the Victory Gundam transforms...not a lot of space for it, no.

RRW 2015-02-28 01:10

do you think I can get P bandai stuff in random shop in akihabara?

wondering if I can get Tallgeese 3 will I am visiting japan


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:27.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.