AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

Faux Mecha 2016-07-01 01:32

its a shame that the HG Revive version of kits such as the Gundam Mk.II & Gyan aren't compatible with the Build Fighters custom parts due to the new joints system given to the kits, i have no other choice but to scout for the older versions of said kits, seriously you can't turn the Revive Gyan into the Gyan Vulcan with the valuable battle pod because of the shoulder joints unless you try to mod it in some way.

Skye629 2016-07-01 16:25

Actually there is some compatibility, you just have to mess around with some of the different pegs/adaptors

For example the Mk.II Revive is compatible with the Build Booster Mk.II, which looks GLORIOUS with the Titan version btw

wavehawk 2016-07-01 21:02

I'd agree--there's actually a Hobby Japan magazine shoing someoen do just that, slapping the Build Booster Mk-II on the Revive Mk-II with no issues. Been dying to do the same but neither the Revive Mk II or the Build booster are in stock here.

That and after seeing the Lightning Booster Mk-III, I'm thinking of holding out until that comes out.

But to be honest, most of the better mods to gunpla require work. It's part of the challenge.

Chibiloli 2016-07-02 08:51

Yeah, anybody have any "blueprints" of 1/144 sized sniper rifles? I heard one can get the parts from ye old office supplies and hardware store.

Router25 2016-07-05 02:54

Seems like the Qan[T] kai is the lovechild of the Transient Gundam and the Portent Gundam (looking at the two sets of spear bits on the binders and Shia's color style) and maybe is used by Shia.

Skye629 2016-07-05 16:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Router25 (Post 5889832)
Seems like the Qan[T] kai is the lovechild of the Transient Gundam and the Portent Gundam (looking at the two sets of spear bits on the binders and Shia's color style) and maybe is used by Shia.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing when I saw the newest pictures

Gonna wait to see what else comes out of this special before making any gunpla purchases though

Rising Dragon 2016-07-05 18:05

I dunno, that Qan[T] Gunpla looked far less inspired than what we've seen out of Team Celestial Sphere.

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2016-07-05 18:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rising Dragon (Post 5890405)
I dunno, that Qan[T] Gunpla looked far less inspired than what we've seen out of Team Celestial Sphere.

I have to agree. It looks like a last-decision reverse-painting of the green & blue of Qan[T] with Transient's spear blades slapped on there in place of the GN Sword Bits :(. The only thing that I find amusing from it is the cat ears :heh:.

darkone45 2016-07-05 18:55

I'm guessing,nobody has an opinion about the new Build fighters TV series ?.

Rising Dragon 2016-07-05 18:57

A) How can we form an opinion on something we don't know anything about?

B) Why would we bring it up in a thread for Gundam models?

darkone45 2016-07-05 19:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rising Dragon (Post 5890448)
A) How can we form an opinion on something we don't know anything about?

B) Why would we bring it up in a thread for Gundam models?

A) It could be series tv given the info I post.

B) The info I linked is related to model kits.

Rising Dragon 2016-07-05 19:20

Mods won't care. It's not something we should be discussing in here.

Router25 2016-07-05 19:37

So call me crazy, but I think we won't be having P-bandai RG Qan[T] Full Sabre after investigating the backpack. (well unless they make a different version and not be stingy with giving us an option of changing it back to Qan[T])

darkone45 2016-07-05 19:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rising Dragon (Post 5890458)
Mods won't care. It's not something we should be discussing in here.

Okay, I thought it would be interesting info to speculate.

Skye629 2016-07-06 13:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkone45 (Post 5890469)
Okay, I thought it would be interesting info to speculate.

While I see where you are coming from, discussion of the actual show is for other threads, and speculating on gunpla usually fall under one of the following:

1. We know of the product, and will speculate on what features it might have or what might come of it. Eg. the new BF kits

2. We know we will eventually get a kit of a certain unit, but its just a matter of time before its announced, so nobody really cares/bothers

3. Pure fan wishlisting, which most ppl in the english gunpla community is sick of due to some certain individuals taking it to the extreme

4. Anything that comes around that we dont expect is usually just a nice pleasant surprise for the most part, unless its a P-Bandai of a kit tons of ppl want

Faux Mecha 2016-07-07 06:37

so is the HG Builder Parts Gunpla Battle Arms's main body in separate components not counting the arm pieces originally was meant to attach to some older kit's body? there are pieces that almost looked like chest vents & a groin cover.

xeviouses 2016-07-07 08:38

Isn't the Battle Arms the one with a ton of weapons on a flight unit? Then nearly every thing on it is meant for another suit.

Router25 2016-07-07 08:51

I am assuming that you are looking on Google images for the kit.



The parts on the lower right that you thought as vents and groin parts are actually used on the piece on the upper right. The vents are truly vents but the one piece below the vents were connectors in tandem with the part on the left of the jet cockpit piece for the arms.

Now back to the question, yes in some way.
As it said in the kit this is a build custom kit and you are free to choose how you want to put it.
As one amazing person had said, "Gunpla is freedom!".

Faux Mecha 2016-07-07 09:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by xeviouses (Post 5891445)
Isn't the Battle Arms the one with a ton of weapons on a flight unit? Then nearly every thing on it is meant for another suit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Router25 (Post 5891452)
I am assuming that you are looking on Google images for the kit.



The parts on the lower right that you thought as vents and groin parts are actually used on the piece on the upper right. The vents are truly vents but the one piece below the vents were connectors in tandem with the part on the left of the jet cockpit piece for the arms.

Now back to the question, yes in some way.
As it said in the kit this is a build custom kit and you are free to choose how you want to put it.
As one amazing person had said, "Gunpla is freedom!".

well i know the Gunpla Battle Arms is for every kit, duh!! GUNPLA IS IMAGINATION!! as i have several attached to various of my HG kits & i assembled it in its default MA/fighter form like in the instruction sheets, :heh:

what i said is the separate parts for the MA/shield main body that i thought were chest vents & a groin cover part, shown in the pic on the bottom most right corner looked like they were also meant to be attached to a specific kit, at first i thought were for the 00 series kits due to the design aesthetic, it turns out its not.

xeviouses 2016-07-07 11:13

I imagine in the gunpla 'verse someone saw a lot of leftover parts and thought: 'hey, I can make something with this!'. Thus the Battle Arms was born.

As you said its meant to be used by alot of kits.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:15.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.