AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

vektar 2009-10-12 16:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakubeX2 (Post 2699075)


They don't make 'em like they use to. No matter articulation or detail wise.

I dont think thats 100% accurate on the articulation, it seems the person has it all bent funny and in unnecessary ways like the right foot. and the table top isn't even.

ashtaron 2009-10-12 17:29

VS Astray future release
 
With the recent release of the model kits from the VS Astray series, what is the likelyhood of a Sword Calamity?

MakubeX2 2009-10-12 17:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by LynnieS (Post 2700320)
It does look like the PG 00 can't bend its knees as far as the PG Strike, but how did you tell how articulated are the 00's fingers from the photo? :confused:

I didn't mentioned anything about the fingers, did I ?

Quote:

Amazon Japan is offering a 37% discount on the PG 00 kit now, though, which with free shipping, looks to be a darn good deal.
For huge discounts such as this example, I'm sure the PG OO will be worth it. But I'll not pay the full price Bandai demanded.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vektar (Post 2701200)
I dont think thats 100% accurate on the articulation, it seems the person has it all bent funny and in unnecessary ways like the right foot. and the table top isn't even.

No, you can clearly see a piece of armour on the back of the left knee getting in the way. That is a part of the Condenser, hence I make mention that if the Condenser is removable.....

Critias 2009-10-12 19:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashtaron (Post 2701373)
With the recent release of the model kits from the VS Astray series, what is the likelyhood of a Sword Calamity?

Probably the same as the likelihood of the original Calamity getting a 1/100 model kit. The only reason for that is because the VS Astray models are rehashes of previously released kits. Calamity, or any other of the original trio, have yet to get 1/100 at all. But still, I'd be up for seeing the 1/100s of the three (if it ever happens). :D

LynnieS 2009-10-12 22:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakubeX2 (Post 2701408)
I didn't mentioned anything about the fingers, did I ?

I agree with vektar, and think the pose done by whoever did the PG 00 kit is awkward; I would even make it "awkward as hell" instead. :) It's like a [close] opposite of a Bandai PR photo to make people want to buy the kit.

Judging from that 00 photo, it looks like the model is being twisted at the waist to its right, its lower part of the right leg shifted to the left more than the Strike's, and its crotch pushed out - although I can't tell if that is because the 00 is being pushed down and forward. (I'm assuming that (1) the photo's perspective is not weird and (2) the photographer knows what he is doing and not just taking photos at a con. :))

If that's the case, the 00's overall articulation looks decent (even though I'll still wait for a candid review by, say, Dalong first) if not great. That's why I asked about the fingers since the Strike's fingers' articulations were great and can be posed in that "V for victory" shot.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakubeX2 (Post 2701408)
For huge discounts such as this example, I'm sure the PG OO will be worth it. But I'll not pay the full price Bandai demanded.

Bandai doesn't do a lot of marketing for the overseas market, does it? :confused: And shops like HLJ do not give discounts till they want to clear out their stock, which is too bad, IMHO.

I haven't seen a thorough review about the PG 00 kit out yet to say if it is worth the full MSRP, to be honest. In terms of discounts, damn near everything is offered at a discount when it first comes out since shops want the stuff out the door. The PG Strike and MG Nu kits were discounted in the same way if I remember right.

X207 2009-10-13 00:22

does the exia r2 repair gn sword III fit the 00 gundam. i got the normal 00 gundam with sword II. i would like to get the gn sword III but i think its only availble to 00 raiser gn swIII and exia repair. if it will fit from exia repair i might consider getting that model too, it was really tempting to buy when i saw the kit.

GrahamAker 2009-10-13 00:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by X207 (Post 2701992)
does the exia r2 repair gn sword III fit the 00 gundam. i got the normal 00 gundam with sword II. i would like to get the gn sword III but i think its only availble to 00 raiser gn swIII and exia repair. if it will fit from exia repair i might consider getting that model too, it was really tempting to buy when i saw the kit.

it might fit probably , but gn sword kai and gn sword III are 2 different things!:)

SonicSP 2009-10-13 01:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by X207 (Post 2701992)
does the exia r2 repair gn sword III fit the 00 gundam. i got the normal 00 gundam with sword II. i would like to get the gn sword III but i think its only availble to 00 raiser gn swIII and exia repair. if it will fit from exia repair i might consider getting that model too, it was really tempting to buy when i saw the kit.

If you want the complete complete HG 00 Gundam set,wait for the HG 00 Raiser+GN Sword III kit. [Man,that's a long name to type,I'm not going to ge tused to it].The HG Trans-Am Raiser kit also provides the same set of equipment,just in Trans-Am colors.

The only way for you to get the GN Sword III is to but the upcoming kit that will be released in less than a week.If you do not have 0 Raiser,the kit will also give the GN Shield,The GN Sword Staff Connector.And in addition the GN Sword II Beam Sabers.The alternative is to get the Trans-Am Raiser version,which is the exact same kit but in Trans-Am.

The Exia R2's GN Sword Kai is a totally different sword.It's based on the original GN Sword in physical design mostly and is grey in color with green edges while the GN Sword III is white with green edge.The Gn Sword Kai does not have a beam sword wither,which the GN Sword III does.

I havent tried to see whether they fit,but I'm guessing it does not fit perfectly.It will be probably be the same as trying to put the original GN Sword on 00.

If you already own HG Exia,your basically buying another one that is mostly similar anyways,so either way you going to be re-buying a kit.

IF you feel bad about buying another 00,well......Bandai played their cards well.I've already own 5 HG 00s,going to be 6 with the upcoming kit.I guess I love the 00 Gundam/Raiser that much.

At least I didnt have to bother with the lackluster 1/100.

bio9205 2009-10-13 07:00

Does anyone know where to get a MS In Action Kyrios in Singapore, and how much it costs?

Anyone? :confused:

GrahamAker 2009-10-13 09:39

for graham aker and gn flag/ masurao fans

http://www.modelers-g.jp/uploads/photos/2079-2.jpg
http://www.modelers-g.jp/uploads/photos/2079-3.jpg
http://www.modelers-g.jp/uploads/photos/2079-4.jpg
http://www.modelers-g.jp/uploads/photos/2079-5.jpg
http://www.modelers-g.jp/uploads/photos/2079-6.jpg
http://www.modelers-g.jp/uploads/photos/2079-7.jpg

nice customization

GNWeapon 2009-10-13 09:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by bio9205 (Post 2702506)
Does anyone know where to get a MS In Action Kyrios in Singapore, and how much it costs?

Anyone? :confused:

You can check with TFH.

X207 2009-10-13 09:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhus12 (Post 2701997)
it might fit probably , but gn sword kai and gn sword III are 2 different things!:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonicSP (Post 2702133)
If you want the complete complete HG 00 Gundam set,wait for the HG 00 Raiser+GN Sword III kit. [Man,that's a long name to type,I'm not going to ge tused to it].The HG Trans-Am Raiser kit also provides the same set of equipment,just in Trans-Am colors.

The only way for you to get the GN Sword III is to but the upcoming kit that will be released in less than a week.If you do not have 0 Raiser,the kit will also give the GN Shield,The GN Sword Staff Connector.And in addition the GN Sword II Beam Sabers.The alternative is to get the Trans-Am Raiser version,which is the exact same kit but in Trans-Am.

The Exia R2's GN Sword Kai is a totally different sword.It's based on the original GN Sword in physical design mostly and is grey in color with green edges while the GN Sword III is white with green edge.The Gn Sword Kai does not have a beam sword wither,which the GN Sword III does.

I havent tried to see whether they fit,but I'm guessing it does not fit perfectly.It will be probably be the same as trying to put the original GN Sword on 00.

If you already own HG Exia,your basically buying another one that is mostly similar anyways,so either way you going to be re-buying a kit.

IF you feel bad about buying another 00,well......Bandai played their cards well.I've already own 5 HG 00s,going to be 6 with the upcoming kit.I guess I love the 00 Gundam/Raiser that much.

At least I didnt have to bother with the lackluster 1/100.

thanks for the information sonic and bhus12. atm i only have got the 144 00 gundam and 144 0 raiser separately. if anything id probably buy the r2 repair as i dont have any exia atm. if the r2 gnIII is too lose then i can probably figure out a way to make it a better fit on my 00.

btw are there many obscure models out there? ie those featured in manga only or small gundam ova like green frame astray or the variation MS in stargazer. i did see a green frame astray at one of the model shop that sells gunpla here.

SonicSP 2009-10-13 12:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by X207 (Post 2702764)
thanks for the information sonic and bhus12. atm i only have got the 144 00 gundam and 144 0 raiser separately. if anything id probably buy the r2 repair as i dont have any exia atm. if the r2 gnIII is too lose then i can probably figure out a way to make it a better fit on my 00.

Its not both the GN-Sword III,they're actually different.R2's is called GN Sword Kai and is really different from 00's physically.Its almost the same as normal Exia's GN Sword.

But if your willing to have to use that as a substitute than go ahead than.It would be a good buy if you do not have HG Exia already but if you do,than the new 00 Raiser kit would give you the GN Sword II/III beam sabers at least.

GN0010 Nosferatu 2009-10-13 13:56

Look, it's the Ekisubo!:heh:

Very nice custom by the way, that is what a mass production GN Flag should look like.

bio9205 2009-10-14 06:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by GNWeapon (Post 2702738)
You can check with TFH.

TFH? What's that? :heh:

Anyway, don't try fitting R2's GN Sword III on 00. Firstly, it doesn't fit, secondly, it looks terrible, trust me. It doesn't go with 00's design.

X207 2009-10-14 12:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by bio9205 (Post 2704892)
TFH? What's that? :heh:

Anyway, don't try fitting R2's GN Sword III on 00. Firstly, it doesn't fit, secondly, it looks terrible, trust me. It doesn't go with 00's design.

thanks for the info, i was afraid that it wouldnt turn out too good.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonicSP (Post 2703055)
Its not both the GN-Sword III,they're actually different.R2's is called GN Sword Kai and is really different from 00's physically.Its almost the same as normal Exia's GN Sword.

But if your willing to have to use that as a substitute than go ahead than.It would be a good buy if you do not have HG Exia already but if you do,than the new 00 Raiser kit would give you the GN Sword II/III beam sabers at least.

im getting tempted to buy the r2 repair again, though for the reason to get an exia. unfortunately im not enough of a gundam nut to get two of the same model to get a single sword. gn sword II will have to do for my 00 gundam. the only time i would consider getting a second model of a MS is for the purpose to give it a custom paint job.

SonicSP 2009-10-14 13:13

Since you dont have the original Exia,then I suggest you get the R2 then......and maybe try to see if the GN Sword Kai fits a bit.

It wont look nice but at least you will have Exia regardless.

R2 does not come with beam sabers except for that white plastic connected to the hilt,so if your expecting to get some attach clear pink sabers that will fit 00's hilt,be forwarned that your not going to get any.Just a warning,in case you were expecting any since the 00 Gundam and 0 Raiser HG does did come with them.

Exia_00 2009-10-14 21:22

the gn sword kai wont be stable when held by 00 because it can't "clip" to the forearm of 00 the GN sword III clips on that groove where u can mount the shields on the bottom of its forearm where as the exia's clips on the groove on top, even if you remove that part, the handle for exia's gn sword doesnt take up all the space inside the hand which will cause it to wiggle around/

GNWeapon 2009-10-14 21:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by bio9205 (Post 2704892)
TFH? What's that? :heh:

Anyway, don't try fitting R2's GN Sword III on 00. Firstly, it doesn't fit, secondly, it looks terrible, trust me. It doesn't go with 00's design.

The Falcon's Hangar.
www.tfh.com.sg

They can help bring in any japanese merchandise, and I do recall seeing MSiAs there.
Which is also where I get my HG 1/144 kits from, JPN retail price converted to SGD directly.

GN0010 Nosferatu 2009-10-14 21:52

Am the only one who thinks that GN Flag is godsend?

Look at it...it's perfect.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:27.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.