AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Ouran Host Club (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Ouran Host Club Episode 7 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=32244)

Catgirls 2006-05-16 09:51

Ouran Host Club Episode 7 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Ouran Host Club, Episode 7.

Thread Guidelines
  • No telling or asking for RAWs.
  • Try to keep spoilers from the Manga out of the anime thread. If you need to in reply to someone with a reference to the Manga, either PM them or use Spoiler tags (see example below).
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if not aired.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Try to keep the discussion on topic and future episode spoilers out of the thread whenever possible.

Spoiler Tag Usage

Using Spoiler Tags is easy. Using this...

[spoiler=title]Don't forget to use the spoiler title[/spoiler]

....will get you this...

Spoiler for title:

Omniscient 2006-05-16 15:56

Episode 07 Screencaps and Summary

Spoiler:

dxgarten 2006-05-16 17:22

Episode 07 screencaps and review

Spoiler:

Shiroth 2006-05-16 17:24

I couldn't help but look at the screenshots - this episode looks so god damn cute! >.<

hi no ken Jebus 2006-05-16 22:18

Damn baseball delay messed up my Ouran today:heh:

Spoiler:

Cal-Reflector 2006-05-17 01:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by hi no ken Jebus
Damn baseball delay messed up my Ouran today:heh:

Spoiler:

Wow.

Renge is hawt.

The producers are definitely putting in an effort to make this anime, based on a 100% pure shoujo with (by conventional wisdom) zero market appeal to the predominantly male anime-enthusiasts in Japan more markteable. I applaud their effort and as such any creative licsence taken to that end.

Yeah, Renge is hawt. *Hurhurhur*

This was definitely not in the manga, but... I now declare Ouran Host Club safe for male consumption; males may now view this show without fear of being a lesser man in the eyes of their peers, or at least, when confronted with the issue, bring up this screenshot to justify their gender identity.

GJ, Hi Ken no Jebus! :naughty:

riznar 2006-05-17 01:52

Interestingly, the less you care about what others think of your gender identity, the easier it is to keep straight.

kari-no-sugata 2006-05-17 02:46

Hmm. For ep 8, I had thought they were going to do two eps (since the manga has a two parter), but looks like they're going to condense it to one (since scenes from the 2nd half are shown in the preview). I wonder what they're going to cut out then?

riznar 2006-05-17 03:39

Manga->Anime transition isn't always static. I don't have the manga on me since I only borrowed it from a friend, but those chapters could have had lots of large frames. Or they could simply take less animation time than they did manga pages.

kari-no-sugata 2006-05-17 07:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by riznar
Manga->Anime transition isn't always static. I don't have the manga on me since I only borrowed it from a friend, but those chapters could have had lots of large frames. Or they could simply take less animation time than they did manga pages.

For most of the chapter to episode conversions to date, they've been cutting out little scenes here and there (some scenes were changed but others were simply cut) - ie they generally had too much material. I don't see chapter 8 being much different.

I didn't notice anything cut (and not replaced with an alternative) from the chapter 7 to ep 7 conversion though. Chapter 8 is more complicated than chapter 7, and I'm sure it would fit into a whole ep pretty well. I do get the impression that the whole middle part of chapter 8 will be cut though, in the anime version.

Spoiler for middle of manga chapter 8:

Busaiku Chama 2006-05-17 18:03

Another excellent episode!
I really thought that the not-so-pieced-together (at least what I think) story would have gotten kinda old on me, but so far the show has contradicted my statement!
Great laughs, and some cool surprises.
Spoiler:

Overall, loved this episode (like all of the others, maybe more than some).

kari-no-sugata 2006-05-18 06:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Busaiku Chama
Spoiler:

Take a closer look at the trailer for the next ep :D Hopefully *that* scene will be done well...

However, if you want some real background on Kyouya, in the manga, it doesn't happen for a while (something like chapter 30). Hopefully that story (of when Kyouko first meets Tamaki) could be brought in earlier - it also deals with the founding of the Host Club.

tritoch 2006-05-21 02:07

Ohhh that scene!!

Cant wait for next ep

CarrierZ 2006-05-21 07:44

Excellent episode. Can't wait for the next episode.
Spoiler for the next episode:
I really look forward to it!

Dagger 2006-05-21 09:32

Ah, I loved this episode. I feel really conflicted now; I just don't know which couple I should support! I think episode 8 may confuse my loyalties even more, since I'm very intrigued by Kyouya.

Matrim 2006-05-21 12:50

I was a bit disapponited but I think this is due to my too high expectations. Gotta love Renge and how easily Tamaki was manipulated again, this time to start a fight with water pistols, though.

Zappster 2006-05-21 13:02

Hmm. Same as last weeks episode in terms of comedy moments. Not as funny as the earlier episodes unfortunately. Still an enjoyable watch but I was kind of hoping for things to pick up this week. As yet I don't think any episode has surpassed the physical examination episode for me, which has been my personal favourite of the series so far.

Bracken33 2006-05-21 15:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by hi no ken Jebus

Renge needs a sammich to cosplay Quon. The legs alone :D...
She should give Reika a try.
Still I was happy to see a Rahxephon reference.

Good show this is. A well executed love comedy from a different perspective. Bones made me gay. :p

Erroll 2006-05-22 03:02

Oh please. The girl is built like a stick. Curves are non-existant. The only thing she's got on Haruhi is height. Her only value is as comic relief which she does quite well.

I voted this one a 7. It was okay but not much of the funny. It's redeeming values lie in seeing Mori actually smile for once and not act like Honey's personal robot and seeing Honey lay some martial arts smackdown on Kyoya's Gestapo.

Shiroth 2006-05-22 13:48

Another brilliant episode from the host club.

I was wondering what style of story could be told within the pool park, but i'm glad it was to do with Mitsukuni & Takashi, really good story - also, you gotta love being able to see more inside of Takashi. ^^

Nexted episode looks amazing as well.. Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeach - and who's that with Haruhi on the bed? o.o