AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Past Macross Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=163)
-   -   Macross Frontier 2nd Movie: Sayonara no Tsubasa (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=96644)

BetoJR 2010-09-14 16:09

We'll be getting something as uncommon as a clips release, so I'd say chances are good that we'll get something more, if the second movie does well (not to mention the DVD/BD sales of the first one).

Yot-chan 2010-09-14 21:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by magnuskn (Post 3245210)
Uh, they also make money. It's not as if they are non-profit. And if the movies do well, I think it's not that unlikely that there will still be supplemental material, including hopefully an OVA or two for the series.

Well, there IS an OVA coming out in December...but I don't think it will continue the story at all.

magnuskn 2010-09-15 00:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yot-chan (Post 3245827)
Well, there IS an OVA coming out in December...but I don't think it will continue the story at all.

:twitch: First time I heard about that? Any pictures or some kind of summary?

Dash_Hunter 2010-09-15 01:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by magnuskn (Post 3246077)
:twitch: First time I heard about that? Any pictures or some kind of summary?

I think Yot-chan is referring to the “Nyan Cli” a Music Clip Collection DVD, that will be released in December, at least I think that's the only Macross thing announced for December.
More info here: Gabrielarobin.com

BetoJR 2010-09-15 04:48

Well, that was what I was talking about, at least... :D

Yot-chan 2010-09-15 08:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by BetoJR (Post 3246332)
Well, that was what I was talking about, at least... :D

Yeah, that's the one. Sorry for the confusion.

magnuskn 2010-09-15 10:20

Ah, okay. That's not really an OVA to me. :p

BetoJR 2010-09-15 10:34

Of course it is, as it's an Original Video Animation... :p

magnuskn 2010-09-15 10:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by BetoJR (Post 3246695)
Of course it is, as it's an Original Video Animation... :p

An already seen music clip compilation doesn't seem that original to me. :D

Yot-chan 2010-09-15 12:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by magnuskn (Post 3246725)
An already seen music clip compilation doesn't seem that original to me. :D

Flashback 2012 is officially an OVA. And if Flashback 2012 is, then Nyan Clit (or whatever) is. :D

BetoJR 2010-09-15 12:24

And whoever said it's "already seen"? From the press release, there will be new animation. Granted, probably not much, but still... :p

Plus, like Yot-chan reminded us, Flashback 2012 is considered an OVA. Also, a favorite of mine. :D

magnuskn 2010-09-15 12:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yot-chan (Post 3246850)
Flashback 2012 is officially an OVA. And if Flashback 2012 is, then Nyan Clit (or whatever) is. :D

But Flashback 2012 actually had new materials, with the launch of the SDF-3 and all that. If we get a post-ep 25 resolution, I'll join you in calling the clip collection an OVA. :D

Shiroth 2010-09-15 13:07

Does really matter if it's labeled as an OVA or not? :heh:

Yot-chan 2010-09-15 13:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by magnuskn (Post 3246895)
But Flashback 2012 actually had new materials, with the launch of the SDF-3 and all that. If we get a post-ep 25 resolution, I'll join you in calling the clip collection an OVA. :D

SDF-2...it was the SDF-2.

That Robotech stuff rots your brains. Really.

magnuskn 2010-09-15 13:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yot-chan (Post 3246945)
SDF-2...it was the SDF-2.

That Robotech stuff rots your brains. Really.

Meh, they'll always be Rick Hunter, Lisa Hayes and Maximilian Sterling to me. You can't overwrite a decade of conditioning that easily. Also, Max was my idol for a good number of years. :D

Also, Miriya Parino and Breetai Tul sound much cooler than Milia and Vrlwthwai. :p

Yot-chan 2010-09-15 13:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by magnuskn (Post 3246970)
Meh, they'll always be Rick Hunter, Lisa Hayes and Maximilian Sterling to me. You can't overwrite a decade of conditioning that easily. Also, Max was my idol for a good number of years. :D

Also, Miriya Parino and Breetai Tul sound much cooler than Milia and Vrlwthwai. :p

TRANSLATION: "Don't cry for me, Yot-chan...I'm already dead." ;)

magnuskn 2010-09-15 14:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yot-chan (Post 3246994)
TRANSLATION: "Don't cry for me, Yot-chan...I'm already dead." ;)

Pfffft. I'm not disputing that Macross is aeons better than Robotech, but I've known the Robotech names for about 20 years... it's not really easy to change some of them around mentally.

Not to mention that Rick Hunter sounds much better than Hikaru Ichijo.

Yot-chan 2010-09-15 14:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by magnuskn (Post 3247041)
Pfffft. I'm not disputing that Macross is aeons better than Robotech, but I've known the Robotech names for about 20 years... it's not really easy to change some of them around mentally.

Not to mention that Rick Hunter sounds much better than Hikaru Ichijo.

I still think "Rick Hunter" sounds like a good name for a gay porn star.

Tak 2010-09-15 14:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yot-chan (Post 3247043)
I still think "Rick Hunter" sounds like a good name for a gay porn star.

Uh oh, be careful of what you wish for, it might just come true ;)

- Tak

Yot-chan 2010-09-15 14:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tak (Post 3247049)
Uh oh, be careful of what you wish for, it might just come true ;)

- Tak

Or it could end up being a hell of a lot worse...

http://rule63.paheal.net/post/view/650


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:14.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.