AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=138)
-   -   Anime Mirai 2014 details announced (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=119740)

duckroll 2013-05-21 04:38

Anime Mirai 2014 details announced

http://www.animemirai.jp/news.php?p=161

Ultra Super Pictures
Director: Yasuhiro Yoshiura (Time of Eve, Patema Inverted)
Producer: Ryousuke Inagaki (Patema Inverted)
Title: Harmonie

A-1 Pictures
Director: Ayumu Watanabe (Space Brothers)
Producer: Makoto Sotozaki (Space Brothers)
Title: A Big First-year Student and a Small Second-year Student

Shinei Douga
Director: Kazuaki Imai (Episode director for Doraemon and Valkyria Chronicles TV)
Producer: Maiko Okada (Production desk for Doraemon series and movies)
Title: Parol and the Future Island (Tentative)

Studio 4C
Director: Naoyuki Onda (Character designer for Ergo Proxy)
Producer: Eiko Tanaka (head of Studio 4C)
Title: Under the Windy Sky

whitecloud 2013-05-21 05:17

Why the title of the a-1 one look like one of H doujin I just read?

duckroll 2013-05-21 05:30

I've added producer credits, mostly because I think Ryousuke Inagaki producing Yoshiura's short under the Ultra Super Pictures banner is very interesting. He's a producer at Purple Cow Studio Japan, and they're making Patema Inverted now. Could this be a sign that USP is merging yet another lesser known studio into their fold?

totoum 2013-05-21 08:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by duckroll (Post 4690484)
He's a producer at Purple Cow Studio Japan, and they're making Patema Inverted now. Could this be a sign that USP is merging yet another lesser known studio into their fold?

Thanks for that info,but I'm still intrigued that USP is credited as the studio, when Trigger, Ordet or Sanzigen produce things under their own name so why wouldn't that be the case for Purple Cow?
I was wondering if it could be a collaboration of some sort between the different entities of USP?

duckroll 2013-05-21 09:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by totoum (Post 4690608)
Thanks for that info,but I'm still intrigued that USP is credited as the studio, when Trigger, Ordet or Sanzigen produce things under their own name so why wouldn't that be the case for Purple Cow?
I was wondering if it could be a collaboration of some sort between the different entities of USP?

I don't know either, but I can only speculate that USP is trying to push their brand name, and as such they entered the submission under USP instead of an individual studio name. Or it could also be a collaboration between multiple USP studios.

scineram 2013-05-21 12:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by whitecloud (Post 4690475)

Which one?

totoum 2013-05-21 15:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by whitecloud (Post 4690475)

Because it's the longest title? :p

edit: oh wait I got "h doujin" and LN title mixed up :heh:

Quote:

Originally Posted by duckroll (Post 4690676)
I don't know either, but I can only speculate that USP is trying to push their brand name, and as such they entered the submission under USP instead of an individual studio name. Or it could also be a collaboration between multiple USP studios.

Right,I guess we'll find out exactly what the deal is in due time.

Lenneth4 2013-05-23 07:12

Little witch will be beaten ?

i'm interested in studio 4 degree

Kanon 2014-04-13 08:52

Harmonie is out.

It was alright. Really good animation and character design, decent story.

Goty 2014-04-14 14:50

Harmonie made a pretty strong impression for such a short story.

Spoiler:

Oh, and Honjo's room had a Patema Inverted poster.
Looking forward to Chronus now.

MeoTwister5 2014-04-15 07:07

I'm most eager to see the one by Studio 4C.

Haak 2014-04-21 10:53

Kinda liked Harmonie.
Spoiler for Harmonie:

Guardian Enzo 2014-04-24 07:26

I thought Harmonie was really excellent. Fantastic visuals and a very compelling little story that I'd love to have seen expanded further.

Flower 2014-04-24 21:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo (Post 5096537)
I thought Harmonie was really excellent. Fantastic visuals and a very compelling little story that I'd love to have seen expanded further.

This. This so much. So much that I cried at the end. Beautifully written, beautifully done and quietly yet powerfully full of impact. In particular the lyrics of the ED, in many ways the key to the whole series, were as if getting louder and more distinct from the muffled whispers we first hear of it in the ringtone.

Absolutely. Stunning.

But then, looking at the director and producer perhaps I should not be surprised overmuch. Still. I was.

Master_Yoma 2014-04-25 21:29

Well watched Harmonie it was a little slow the frist 10mins but it came together the last half but the song really tied every thing in

Dextro 2014-04-26 16:52

Just saw Hermione and it was a really great short movie. I think I may have stopped breathing for a bit when that final scene came around. So much tension on the air. Still somewhat sweet I think... not really sure what to make of the ending myself (did they really understand each other or not? :heh: ).

Master_Yoma 2014-05-13 21:27

The second one Chronus well it wasnt bad but it seem like they tryed why to hard on this one

Goty 2014-05-19 04:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Master_Yoma (Post 5119070)
The second one Chronus well it wasnt bad but it seem like they tryed why to hard on this one

Of all the Anime Mirai i've watched, i think this was the weakest.
It's the complete opposite of Harmonie (both being about love) in the sense that the developments were almost entirely predictable and the story between the leads was cliché as hell. A shame, since the first 5 minutes or so were intriguing.

Flower 2014-05-19 08:20

Watched Chronus last week too and in comparison with Harmonie the latter was heads and shoulders above the former, but that is not to say I thought Chronus was "bad" per se - I did think it could be a potentially interesting idea for a series, but it was less able to "stand alone" like Harmonie did.

Agree with Master_Yoma that at times it felt like this one was trying a little too hard - particularly this came across the strongest with the animation style when the MC was saying things vehemently.

Not bad, but that's about it.

bhl88 2014-05-19 13:55

So it seems that Harmonie is like crowdfunded anime of the year... last year, it was Little Witch Academia, and this year is Harmonie.