AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   What is your favorite Gundam series? (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=31371)

Homeschooler_Jenni 2006-04-22 19:47

What is your favorite Gundam series?

I would have to say my favorite Gundam series would have to be Gundam wing hands down. I loved the movie too. I also liked G-gundam,but nothing really beats Gundam Wing for me <3 I still have yet to see Gundam Seed. I have heard that it was pretty good.

Newtyped 2006-04-22 19:49

lol u said gundam wing series ^^;;
well we seem to have similar gundam likes, since those above are really the only ones i've seen. Gundam wing got me into gundam tho, and i watched it in 2000 when it came out ^^;;. I loved endless waltz, i saw it twice when it came out, and i remember watching it on tonami and tryin to call to win the prize they had thruout the movie ><

Homeschooler_Jenni 2006-04-22 20:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Newtyped
lol u said gundam wing series ^^;;
well we seem to have similar gundam likes, since those above are really the only ones i've seen. Gundam wing got me into gundam tho, and i watched it in 2000 when it came out ^^;;. I loved endless waltz, i saw it twice when it came out, and i remember watching it on tonami and tryin to call to win the prize they had thruout the movie ><

wow, i remember that!! I remember watching it and you could win something... haha good times ~_~

Newtyped 2006-04-22 20:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeschooler_Jenni
wow, i remember that!! I remember watching it and you could win something... haha good times ~_~

lol what a coincidence o_O
are u like my long lost twin who happens to be a girl lol
Well just ahead of time, i'm the evil twin >> << >>
i love gundam wing :'(

Homeschooler_Jenni 2006-04-22 20:13

Quote:

lol what a coincidence o_O
are u like my long lost twin who happens to be a girl lol
Well just ahead of time, i'm the evil twin >> << >>
i love gundam wing :'(

yes, you can be the evil twin ~_~ haha yes, twins who happen to not be the same age. Does that make me the older twin?! :P

Newtyped 2006-04-22 20:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeschooler_Jenni
yes, you can be the evil twin ~_~ haha yes, twins who happen to not be the same age. Does that make me the older twin?! :P

how you know how old i am O_O
and how do you you are older >> << >>
(be careful with the offtopic, they always find out :()
i like epyon tho, even tho it wasnt really evil

Homeschooler_Jenni 2006-04-22 20:17

Quote:

how you know how old i am O_O
and how do you you are older >> << >>
(be careful with the offtopic, they always find out :()
i like epyon tho, even tho it wasnt really evil

<_< um your info says ur 14 lol. offtopic? O_o you mean if you go off topic they explode?

blitz1/2 2006-04-22 20:46

I think you mean what's your favorite gundam series not favorite gundam wing series because wing is a separate series.

I like Universal Century gundam the best (the old ones)

Zero Shinohara 2006-04-22 21:14

Quote:

I still have yet to see Gundam Seed. I have heard that it was pretty good.
THAT's why you like GW better.

Anyway, watch GS. Stay away from GSD if you want your life to stay complete.

Still, I find GS the best of the Gundam Series I've seen. Well, considering that I've only watched GW, GS and GSD :P. Good plot, a few screw-ups here and there, but the gundams are by far my favorite.

Quote:

you mean if you go off topic they explode?
You could think of it as an asshole-prevention thing.

SlugZilla 2006-04-22 22:23

My favorite Gundam Wing series is.... Gundam Wing! Gawd, that was the hardest decision of my life. :heh:

AirMaster 2006-04-23 00:11

Victory Gundam for me, closely followed by Zeta and the original.

RX-93 HI-NU 2006-04-23 00:16

Also going with victory as my favorite. Turn A is a close second though.

SNT1 2006-04-23 00:31

Victory, where everyone dies? XD seriously, whats the fun in that?

MSG and Wing for me probably, and 0083 and 08th if those are counted...

Obi-Wan 2006-04-23 02:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zero Shinohara
Anyway, watch GS. Stay away from GSD if you want your life to stay complete.

Actually GSD is fine. You can watch it despite what all the haters on this forum say. Cuz it's like one giant ass GSD bashing fest here. If you want my opinion I'd say don't watch Zeta cuz it's slow and boring and all the characters except for Char and Four suck. The rest are like watching paint dry, GSD Athrun beats them all hands down. Well I take that back, Yazan was cool cuz he owned everyone.

Last_Hope 2006-04-23 02:33

My favourites would be SEED and 08th MS Team.

And Destiny, IMO, isnīt as bad as everyone say. Around episode 25-30 Destiny got in the same situation as fillers. No matter what happened it would get bashed just cause itīs Destiny.

fizzmaister 2006-04-23 02:47

I really liked Wing plus it's what got me into Gundam. I also watched the movie on Toonami but I don't think it was the one where you could call in and win. However, it didn't really shine in my opinion until I rewatched it a few years ago (right after SEED) since I was old enough to care more about the plotline than eye-candy (which Wing seriously lacks. I liked Seed just becasue I really saw it as an original approach. Then I watched GATTAGA and saw that it was a used idea, but it was still a good series. I didn't like G just because what I want from a Gundam series is a real robot show not a super robot show. Destiny isn't horrible but in did not meet the exceedingly high standards on a Gundam show. I also wish to award Destiny with the most wasted potential award for having such a good theme but ending in Kira eye-candy.The older ones just seemed strange to me but 8th MS team is a masterpiece.

So I'm stuck between 8th and wing. coincidently they were made in the same graphic period (the polished look) 8th appeals to me becasue it's very realistic most of the time. Wing appeals to me becasue of the political maneuvering that occured. And at least in my opinion it was one of the few things that made sense in the show.

Z.E.R.O 2006-04-23 04:23

Wing hands down (hence the name)

but i reckon people favourite gundam series is almost always the one they saw first and that got them into the gundam saga.

Red-Razor 2006-04-23 07:04

Gundam wing
maby becouse that was the first serie i saw of al those gundam series

i dont like gundam seed
like in ep. 11 that kire hands over that girl to arsan :S than arsan ask come whit me
and kira says no i have friends to protect WHY WHY DIDNT HE ASKED asran come whit me :S no he just left

but anyway i realy liked Wing.

i wanna see more gundam series but cant find them :(

Sety 2006-04-23 07:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red-Razor
i wanna see more gundam series but cant find them :(

http://www.animesuki.com/series.php/301.html
http://www.animesuki.com/series.php/471.html
http://www.animesuki.com/series.php/636.html

Last_Hope 2006-04-23 07:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red-Razor

i dont like gundam seed
like in ep. 11 that kire hands over that girl to arsan :S than arsan ask come whit me
and kira says no i have friends to protect WHY WHY DIDNT HE ASKED asran come whit me :S no he just left

:heh: That girl?

If you think a little I´m sure you will be able to understand why Kira didn´t bother asking Athrun to join him at that point.