AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   (L+CR) Gatchaman Crowds (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=118979)

Kakkou 2013-04-16 00:54

Gatchaman Crowds

http://i.imgur.com/HPGhREtl.jpg

Director: Kenji Nakamura (Tsuritama, C, Mononoke)
Series Composition, Script: Toshiya Ono (Tsuritama, Suite Precure)
Original Character Design: Kinako (up-and-coming illustrator apparently)
Character Design: Yuichi Takahashi (Tsuritama, Macross Frontier)
Main Suits Design: Koji Nakakita (Super Robot Wars OG: The Inspector)
Animation Production: Tatsunoko Pro

12 episodes starting this July.

Characters:

Spoiler for images:

(Source)

(ANN article with translated character bios)

Not familiar with the Gatchaman series but hell yeah, Tsuritama key staff!

duckroll 2013-04-16 01:50

Yeah this is pretty exciting. Team Tsuritama! <3

Nakamura's message seems to suggest it's going to be story about human relationships in the internet and social media age, and how it can be a positive force of good for humanity. Certainly sounds like the sort of story he likes to explore.

LoweGear 2013-04-16 02:08

So the upcoming live action, and now this, looks like they want to revive Gatchaman, especially with the success of the Tatsunoko games. So what is this supposed to be anyway, a sequel, or something else entirely?

duckroll 2013-04-16 03:09

I dunno if "sequel" is the right word here. It's a new Gatchaman series set in 2015, in a world where Gatchaman exists, but the story is about new characters.

Dop 2013-04-16 08:50

OK, now i'm interested in this.

xizro345 2013-04-16 23:38

While I'm curious to see how this will pan out, I'm wondering if Tatsunoko will actually produce something new not tied to their previous franchises (they haven't done that in a few years).

EDIT: I forgot C, actually, but that ended up very underwhelming despite the extremely odd premise.

MisaoFan 2013-04-17 05:47

I didn't heard a lot of things about Gatchaman, though it was aired in France during the eighties. Maybe I'll try to watch the first few episodes to see if it catch my interest, plus I found the character designs pretty nice.

xizro345 2013-04-17 07:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisaoFan (Post 4640387)
I didn't heard a lot of things about Gatchaman, though it was aired in France during the eighties. Maybe I'll try to watch the first few episodes to see if it catch my interest, plus I found the character designs pretty nice.

I've watched the original series (both the sanitized US version and the original one) and while it has some interesting ideas, it drags a lot after a while, also becoming more ridicolous as the story progresses.

MisaoFan 2013-04-17 09:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by xizro345 (Post 4640484)
I've watched the original series (both the sanitized US version and the original one) and while it has some interesting ideas, it drags a lot after a while, also becoming more ridicolous as the story progresses.

I see. Even though I didn't watch the original one, I think I would watch Gatchaman Crowds despite having no experience to the original show before, and I think Crowds will probably be made for those who are new to Gatchaman universe like me.

xizro345 2013-04-17 10:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisaoFan (Post 4640545)
I see. Even though I didn't watch the original one, I think I would watch Gatchaman Crowds despite having no experience to the original show before, and I think Crowds will probably be made for those who are new to Gatchaman universe like me.

Yeah, I don't think they'd target the "original" fans anyway. Aside a lot of graphic violence (for the time, at least), the original was famous for a few characters and especially a certain character arc that left a big impact...only to be ruined as the series progressed.

If we're talking about Tatsunoko properties, I'd love a reimagined Hurricane Polymer though (not the 90s remake, that one wasn't good), maybe based on the same premise as Crowds.

Guardian Enzo 2013-04-19 19:53

I confess I saw "Gatchaman" and basically ignored this for a few days, and only after the Tsuritama discussion realized that the team was reassembled for this. Color me interested.

Also liking Yuichi Takahashi's "ask about Tsuritama sequels after Gatchman Crowds" comment...

RJ TAYLER 2013-04-20 06:19

Don't screw this up, the original got me truly into anime in the first place, so deep in my heart it resides that to break it would be almost fatal.

Haak 2013-04-20 10:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by duckroll (Post 4638929)
Nakamura's message seems to suggest it's going to be story about human relationships in the internet and social media age, and how it can be a positive force of good for humanity. Certainly sounds like the sort of story he likes to explore.

That sounds positively awesome. It's exactly the kind of show I'm still interested in.

Guardian Enzo 2013-04-20 19:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haak (Post 4645206)
That sounds positively awesome. It's exactly the kind of show I'm still interested in.

Yeah, plus there's that "Tsuritama sequels" comment... :heh::heh:

MeoTwister5 2013-04-21 07:37

In as much as Gatchaman could be considered a classic by some, the revival-ish concept in this day of a really old show and the initial showing of the characters just struck as kind of bizarre and weird.

And then Nakamura Kenji. So, yeah, weird might be the prime expectation. Consider me very interested.

Patriot's Blade 2013-04-21 10:07

i wonder if this also comes with another new freakin' remix of the original theme song

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2013-04-21 10:17

I like the original. It’s silly but charming. Definitely can’t wait to watch this after hearing that Tsuritama team will work on it. After Casshern Sins, I need more Tatsunoko awesomeness :).

Tempester 2013-06-04 05:57

First key visual:

Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)

MeoTwister5 2013-06-04 06:12

Yep looks like the Tsuritama squad alright.

DragoonKain3 2013-06-04 07:35

Just wondering where are the gatchaman suits. :heh: