AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

maknaedik 2011-10-04 10:03

Well, we don't need it. It's actually more of WHAT WE WANT. I want to be fair for all the series, though I have my favorites. That's why I don't complain too much when they release something I don't like. I only complain when they release something that I like, but that unit left me many disappointments

suiton629 2011-10-04 10:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by maknaedik (Post 3792222)
Well, we don't need it. It's actually more of WHAT WE WANT. I want to be fair for all the series, though I have my favorites. That's why I don't complain too much when they release something I don't like. I only complain when they release something that I like, but that unit left me many disappointments

Well, that's the second most thing that would disappoint me. But at the very least, if the kit I want gets a release in MG & SD form, then I'm happy.

suiton629 2011-10-04 10:14

Can you guys suggest what I should do?

o_O

As you guys know I recently acquired a ton of kits.

But right now, I'm wondering if I should keep the SD kits I have, or if I should sell them.

In case you don't know what I have (doubtful), here is the list of SD kits that I'm considering to sell or keep...

SD Exia
SD 00 Raiser
SD 00 Qan[T]
SD 00 Raiser 7 Sword G
SD Exia Repair 2
SD 0 Gundam (Type ACD)

I still have the MG kits that I have yet to build and that 1/100 No Grade Astraea....

MG Exia
MG Exia - Ignition Mode
MG 00 Raiser
MG 00 Raiser 7 Sword G
MG 00 Qan[T]
NG 1/100, Astraea (white)

:confused: :uhoh: :confused: :uhoh:

I'm only considering because I need to save money and I sort of regret buying the SD kits. But on the other hand, I might want to keep it since I recently tried painting my other SD 0 Gundam and detailing it and it was fun.

duotiga 2011-10-04 10:17

@ xxnike629xx

SD kits u REALLY need to paint ALOT of areas compared to MGs as MGs parts are near to anime colour

u r just throwing yr $$$ off like that purchasing without actual doing it.....

suiton629 2011-10-04 10:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by duotiga (Post 3792247)
@ xxnike629xx

SD kits u REALLY need to paint ALOT of areas compared to MGs as MGs parts are near to anime colour

u r just throwing yr $$$ off like that purchasing without actual doing it.....

:confused:

I take it English is not your strong points? But I guess what you're saying to me was that buying the SD kits might have been a waste of money for me??

>_<

I'm still not sure if I should keep them or sell them...

Znozzy 2011-10-04 10:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxnike629xx (Post 3792199)
Still~ We still need a few more GunPla from the 00 series... =P

we do, a 1/100 NG/MG of the 00 movie kits would be nice >_>, or hell, a 1/100 MG/HG GN-X IV, hell, more 1/100's in general.

i'd sell the SD kits tbh, personally i don't see any reason for buying SD kits :x

duotiga 2011-10-04 10:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxnike629xx (Post 3792251)
:confused:

I take it English is not your strong points? But I guess what you're saying to me was that buying the SD kits might have been a waste of money for me??

>_<

I'm still not sure if I should keep them or sell them...

*palm face

what im saying is after buying all the kits & u r not doing a single 1 of them & decide to sell them?

SD kits im saying that the kits alone needs to do alot of painting.....

suiton629 2011-10-04 10:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by duotiga (Post 3792257)
*palm face

what im saying is after buying all the kits & u r not doing a single 1 of them & decide to sell them?

SD kits im saying that the kits alone needs to do alot of painting.....

Well, I don't mind the painting since I want to handbrush using paint brushes from Tamiya and the Tamiya X bottled paints (those are acrylics right)?

I also planned on getting some Mr. Hobby primer and Mr. Hobby flat top coat from Gundam Guy later when I also get like the Tamiya nippers, Tamiya metal file, etc. =)

I actually did make 1...

=P

I got 2 SD 0 Gundam kits. When I originally bought it, the seller I got it from on Amazon screwed up and the tracking info didn't work and the delivery was a bit late. I reported it and Amazon decided to give me a 100% refund, but like a day or so after I made that report, I actually received the kit so I basically got 1 SD 0 Gundam for free.

duotiga 2011-10-04 10:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxnike629xx (Post 3792261)
Well, I don't mind the painting since I want to handbrush using paint brushes from Tamiya and the Tamiya X bottled paints (those are acrylics right)?

I also planned on getting some Mr. Hobby primer and Mr. Hobby flat top coat from Gundam Guy later when I also get like the Tamiya nippers, Tamiya metal file, etc. =)

I actually did make 1...

=P

I got 2 SD 0 Gundam kits. When I originally bought it, the seller I got it from on Amazon screwed up and the tracking info didn't work and the delivery was a bit late. I reported it and Amazon decided to give me a 100% refund, but like a day or so after I made that report, I actually received the kit so I basically got 1 SD 0 Gundam for free.

May i know yr point is....?
I cant really get frm your post

as for me...

RG Aile Strike

MG Strike Noir (redo 2nd time)

& current wip
MG Strike Freedom Normal (redo 2nd time also)

pumpkins 2011-10-04 11:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxnike629xx (Post 3792241)
Can you guys suggest what I should do?

o_O

As you guys know I recently acquired a ton of kits.

But right now, I'm wondering if I should keep the SD kits I have, or if I should sell them.
Spoiler for :):

I'm only considering because I need to save money and I sort of regret buying the SD kits. But on the other hand, I might want to keep it since I recently tried painting my other SD 0 Gundam and detailing it and it was fun.

SD will be good for trying out painting. might as well keep it since you're a big 00 fan. anyway i think its the 00 7 sword/g. i can't remember whether the SD version comes with the raiser :)

its up to you but i find it cute when the different grades of a particular kit are displayed together.. like the SD,HG,MG...

Quote:

hm..dont understand what you mean by the X bottled paints. tamiya has both enamel and acrylic paints, enamels are in the squarish bottles while acrylics are in the rounded ones. anyway its clearly stated on the bottles in english. :)

Appel 2011-10-04 11:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxnike629xx (Post 3792251)

I take it English is not your strong points?

criticizing someone who apparently doesnt have english as his native language? classy...

Quote:

When I originally bought it, the seller I got it from on Amazon screwed up and the tracking info didn't work and the delivery was a bit late. I reported it and Amazon decided to give me a 100% refund, but like a day or so after I made that report, I actually received the kit so I basically got 1 SD 0 Gundam for free.

so you just flat out reported him just because the package was a bit late? how long did it take in total to arrive at your place?

anyhow, if you want to paint it by hand with a brush and acrylics paint make sure to thin the paint with a tiny bit of water. a wet brush and a small amount of paint is enough. otherwise the paint will either be too thick or form pools when it is thinned too much.

and you might as well keep the kits, you wont get a lot for SD kits, anyway. its not worth it.

suiton629 2011-10-04 11:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by pumpkins (Post 3792283)
SD will be good for trying out painting. might as well keep it since you're a big 00 fan. anyway i think its the 00 7 sword/g. i can't remember whether the SD version comes with the raiser :)

its up to you but i find it cute when the different grades of a particular kit are displayed together.. like the SD,HG,MG...

hm..dont understand what you mean by the X bottled paints. tamiya has both enamel and acrylic paints, enamels are in the squarish bottles while acrylics are in the rounded ones. anyway its clearly stated on the bottles in english. :)

It says like Tamiya X- and then a number. I think those are acrylics. Can I water them down with like water or do I have to use that Tamiya thinner thing?

And yes. My paint bottles and thinner bottle all have a round top. So those are all acrylics?

suiton629 2011-10-04 11:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 3792288)
criticizing someone who apparently doesnt have english as his native language? classy...

so you just flat out reported him just because the package was a bit late? how long did it take in total to arrive at your place?

anyhow, if you want to paint it by hand with a brush and acrylics paint make sure to thin the paint with a tiny bit of water. a wet brush and a small amount of paint is enough. otherwise the paint will either be too thick or form pools when it is thinned too much.

and you might as well keep the kits, you wont get a lot for SD kits, anyway. its not worth it.

LOL. I know it sounds harsh when I criticize people online about their English skills, but if you're going to communicate in English, then I expect at least some level of clear & understandable English... Is that asking too much?

Ok~ So I guess I don't have to use that Tamiya acrylic thinner then? o_O

Appel 2011-10-04 11:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxnike629xx (Post 3792292)
LOL. I know it sounds harsh when I criticize people online about their English skills, but if you're going to communicate in English, then I expect at least some level of clear & understandable English... Is that asking too much?

Ok~ So I guess I don't have to use that Tamiya acrylic thinner then? o_O

personally i can understand duotiga just fine^^

and acrylic paints can be thinned with water just fine. something like that thinner evaporates quicker (its probably an alcohol) but since you dont need a lot of water that is no problem at all^^ it just takes like 5 minutes longer to dry :P not worth the extra money.
and if you really want to use something else than water that evaporates quickly, just get a bottle of ethyl alcohol! you know the stuff that you can use to start a BBQ for example. you can get a 1 liter bottle for less than 3 bucks, thats a WAY better price than the original thinner from tamiya and essentially the same thing!

pumpkins 2011-10-04 11:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxnike629xx (Post 3792290)
It says like Tamiya X- and then a number. I think those are acrylics. Can I water them down with like water or do I have to use that Tamiya thinner thing?

And yes. My paint bottles and thinner bottle all have a round top. So those are all acrylics?

hmm. not really. X is just a.. i dunno, X :confused: both enamels and acrylics have X-1 as black. if its XF- its a flat colour. you can use thinner or water, the effect of each is slightly different so you just gotta try and see what you prefer. :)

suiton629 2011-10-04 11:29

But I'd rather get the Tamiya thinner. =)

Appel 2011-10-04 11:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by pumpkins (Post 3792311)
hmm. not really. X is just a.. i dunno, X :confused: both enamels and acrylics have X-1 as black. if its XF- its a flat colour. you can use thinner or water, the effect of each is slightly different so you just gotta try and see what you prefer. :)

what exactly is the difference? ive tried water, the thinner and ethyl alcohol and the result was always the same :O

suiton629 2011-10-04 11:49

Eh~ Like I said. I think I'm gonna get some more Tamiya acrylic thinner online; especially if I can find it cheap. =) And then just hand brush it.

Or I might test out the water + acrylic method to see if that's any good. But I do like how the Tamiya thinner dries things up faster.

pumpkins 2011-10-04 11:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 3792318)
what exactly is the difference? ive tried water, the thinner and ethyl alcohol and the result was always the same :O

well i'm not an expert on these stuff.. but i've heard that one will give a flatter or more glossy finish. one thing that i know is that i can't paint white with thinner, but then again it may just be me. lol. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxnike629xx (Post 3792336)
Eh~ Like I said. I think I'm gonna get some more Tamiya acrylic thinner online; especially if I can find it cheap. =) And then just hand brush it.

Or I might test out the water + acrylic method to see if that's any good. But I do like how the Tamiya thinner dries things up faster.

yea. the main problem is that its so expensive! it's really good at cleaning your brushes though. :(

Appel 2011-10-04 12:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by pumpkins (Post 3792346)
well i'm not an expert on these stuff.. but i've heard that one will give a flatter or more glossy finish. one thing that i know is that i can't paint white with thinner, but then again it may just be me. lol. :)

yea. the main problem is that its so expensive! it's really good at cleaning your brushes though. :(

i just tried some tamiya dark grey paint on a piece of paper.
i applied it not thinned, thinned with water, thinned with ethyl alcohol, thinned with revell aqua color thinner and with my universal thinner solution.
all 4 thinners worked pretty much perfectly and got me the same result.
the universal thinning solution was definitely the fastest one to dry fully though. i really like that stuff^^ it can thin every kind of paint i use, dries very quickly and at 4 bucks for 1 liter it was pretty cheap! i paid 4.50€ for 100ml of the revell thinner >_> so yeah, the real thinner is always extremely expensive!