AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

StrikeFreedomV2 2011-10-07 05:10

Good job on the Strike Freedom^^ I'm probably start build mine on next monday. It's not my first, though. The first one I made was when I just started with this hobby in 2008 and it looked like shit :( Now that I have much more experience, I can do the kit justice^^

duotiga 2011-10-07 05:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 (Post 3796521)
Good job on the Strike Freedom^^ I'm probably start build mine on next monday. It's not my first, though. The first one I made was when I just started with this hobby in 2008 and it looked like shit :( Now that I have much more experience, I can do the kit justice^^

finally get the hang of how the wing works....

for me is 1st time doing the infinite justice mg

sound crazy but might considering the FBM :eyespin:

StrikeFreedomV2 2011-10-07 05:59

The Justice is a great and fun build, I hope you enjoy it^^ And it looks sooo good on an action base, but that goes for all kits I guess, :heh:

And regarding the FBM SF: I would check rrobbert184's review on youtube for it. While I like the kit, the extra stuff you get might not really be worth the money for you.

duotiga 2011-10-07 07:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 (Post 3796545)
The Justice is a great and fun build, I hope you enjoy it^^ And it looks sooo good on an action base, but that goes for all kits I guess, :heh:

And regarding the FBM SF: I would check rrobbert184's review on youtube for it. While I like the kit, the extra stuff you get might not really be worth the money for you.

hhmmm...ok

so on the list wld be Destiny EBM instead
contemplating on 00 7s/g though due to combined katars

but will definitely getting RG Freedom

Appel 2011-10-07 07:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by duotiga (Post 3796593)
hhmmm...ok

so on the list wld be Destiny EBM instead
contemplating on 00 7s/g though due to combined katars

but will definitely getting RG Freedom

i have the FBM strike freedom myself and it really isnt THAT awesome compared to other special versions of models.
you only get gold plated pieces (not all of the frame pieces are like that though which looks like crap) and an action base that you can mount the dragoons on to. thats pretty much it :P
if you dont have the space to display it with the dragoons deployed and if you are fine with the way the golden pieces of the regular version look then you should not buy the FBM version!

the EBM destiny is great though! almost all pieces of the frame are chrome plated (only two pieces in the elbows arent), you get extra effect parts for the palm cannon and pieces so that you can display it as if its actually throwing the beam boomerangs and you get the huge wings of light of course. those wings are so big, i cant even display it on my shelf with them^^
so if you want the destiny, the EBM version is definitely the right way to go for you!

and about the OO seven sword/G... if you want it only because of the dual karas then you might be disappointed because the pieces that connect them are hollow on one side:
http://dalong.net/review/mg/m147/p/m147_52.jpg
so from one side it will always look like ass and you cant pull off all poses with them without it looking weird. you might be able to fix this with some putty and paint though.

maknaedik 2011-10-07 08:29

Looks like MG Trans-Raiser will be released this October 20, 2011 :)))) HELL YEAH!!!

StrikeFreedomV2 2011-10-07 09:01

@duotiga and Appel

Allow me to correct you Appel: The frame is not entirely chromed, only the parts of the frame you see with all the armor on. Other than that I pretty much agree with you^^ Itīs defintely worth the money, even though it has some flaws.

suiton629 2011-10-07 10:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 (Post 3796723)
@duotiga and Appel

Allow me to correct you Appel: The frame is not entirely chromed, only the parts of the frame you see with all the armor on. Other than that I pretty much agree with you^^ Itīs defintely worth the money, even though it has some flaws.

Well, if you're going to get a MG kit, the very least you can do is fully paint it. So with like the MG Strike Freedom, the least you can do is paint the entire frame in chrome gold...even though some parts on the Full Burst Mode version is in chrome gold....

=P

Usually do, I paint MG kits in gun metal for the inner frame. It brings out details quite well. But for things that are shiny like the Strike Freedom, Infinite Justice, and Destiny Gundam, I would paint them (if I had the kits) in their respected colors...

:)

Bonta Kun 2011-10-07 11:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxnike629xx (Post 3796845)
Well, if you're going to get a MG kit, the very least you can do is fully paint it. So with like the MG Strike Freedom, the least you can do is paint the entire frame in chrome gold...even though some parts on the Full Burst Mode version is in chrome gold....

=P

Usually do, I paint MG kits in gun metal for the inner frame. It brings out details quite well. But for things that are shiny like the Strike Freedom, Infinite Justice, and Destiny Gundam, I would paint them (if I had the kits) in their respected colors...

:)

For me if I were to paint I would do my own custom scheme instead of what are the original colours.
If I felt the need to paint a model then doing it your own way is best, feels a lot more satisfying:p

I think it's a bit of a waste to just repaint in it's original colours(only a few I would consider ok, like Char ones, the red works:D)

But then I never feel like painting as I'm too damn lazy lol.

Appel 2011-10-07 11:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 (Post 3796723)
@duotiga and Appel

oh yes, you are right^^ but at least all the parts that are visible are in chrome, unlike the strike freedom where only like 70 or 80% of the visible pieces are gold plated...

Bonta Kun 2011-10-07 14:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 3795736)
there are a few options but they are usually for specific kits (like the lohengrin launcher for the MG astray blue frame or the shot lancer for the crossbone X2).
you can take a look here for example: http://tatsuhobby.com/webstore/index...=index&cPath=3
the selection isnt great though, too.

in december bandai will release a set of 1/144 scale weapons. in this set you get one rifle and one gatling gun that you can add many pieces to. like different magazines or stands:
http://www.gunjap.net/site/?p=31181

there are also weapons for the frame arms models from kotobukiya available.
http://www.hlj.com/scripts/hljlist?SeriesID=1841&Dis=2
but i have no clue in what scale they are and whether a gundam could use them or not!

edit: according to this video the kotobukiya gatling has a good size for MGs. and it sure looks like it does! that thing seems pretty awesome^^

Oh missed this post somehowO_O

Thx for the info and for the link to Tatsuhobby, looks like a really good site.
Probably wouldn't buy any model kits apart from the weapons stuff. Cheaper to go with HLJ:D

But I like the look of some of them weapon sets, the lohengrin launcher and shot lancer are indeed worth a good think about.

Appel 2011-10-07 14:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonta Kun (Post 3797107)
Oh missed this post somehowO_O

Thx for the info and for the link to Tatsuhobby, looks like a really good site.
Probably wouldn't buy any model kits apart from the weapons stuff. Cheaper to go with HLJ:D

But I like the look of some of them weapon sets, the lohengrin launcher and shot lancer are indeed worth a good think about.

note that you will have to paint them though, they dont come molded in color!

Bonta Kun 2011-10-07 14:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 3797111)
note that you will have to paint them though, they dont come molded in color!

lol yea and after I posted that I'm too lazy to paint as well>__<:heh:

Still there are some sweet kits on that site.

Appel 2011-10-07 15:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonta Kun (Post 3797112)
lol yea and after I posted that I'm too lazy to paint as well>__<:heh:

Still there are some sweet kits on that site.

i agree, they do have some sweet stuff on there^^ in some cases they are a bit pricey in my opinion though...

GN0010 Nosferatu 2011-10-07 17:34

For anyone who likes the Robot Damashii figure line, I highly recommend the Aile Strike Gundam. It's a fantastic figure, really fun to play with. Ya won't regret it.

bio9205 2011-10-07 18:35

Just bought my first Robot Damashii off ebay, Arios. Gonna collect it next week, can't wait!

GN0010 Nosferatu 2011-10-07 18:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by bio9205 (Post 3797342)
Just bought my first Robot Damashii off ebay, Arios. Gonna collect it next week, can't wait!

Arios was your first RD?

Uh oh.

>.>

duotiga 2011-10-07 20:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu (Post 3797281)
For anyone who likes the Robot Damashii figure line, I highly recommend the Aile Strike Gundam. It's a fantastic figure, really fun to play with. Ya won't regret it.

have a few Robot Damashii also

Destiny Gundam
Strike Freedom (waiting for the wing effects + stand)
F-91
Wing Zero Custom
Unicorn Unicorn mode
Unicorn Destroy mode
:heh:

GN0010 Nosferatu 2011-10-07 20:55

I don't have Destiny, Strike Freedom, or Wing Zero. But I do have F91 and the Unicorn D-Mode, among many others.

They're great figures. But Arios....ugh I just don't know what Bandai did wrong, but the RD Arios Gundam is lame as hell. The only reason I got it was to have a complete collection of the 00 Gundams. I definitely wouldn't of made it my first.

StrikeFreedomV2 2011-10-08 01:37

Speaking of Robot Damashiiīs: Anyone getting the Full Action Version of Unicorn D-Mode? From what Iīve seen, the figure is extremely articulated.