AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

Noppapana 2006-10-23 12:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by mangatron (Post 716385)
Is that all you can notice? :heh: :heh: I mean, take notice of the Crimson Kampfer dude, I mean, it looks real nice lol :heh:

On a side note, good job GB. You might have remembered that comment I made about "stealing some of yours". I actually meant stealing some of your time, since you look like you have an awful large amount of it...lol...:heh:

geez i am not that kinda noob
this is a GUNDAM models dicussion board after all

GameraBaenre 2006-10-23 12:54

Heh.. those Haruhi's are currently eating up all my attention... I still have tons of work left on the Kampfer including a base with a half buried NT-1 Alex... I actually wish I had more time to build... not enough hours in the day... other than time spent at work and time spent sleeping... I pretty much spend most of my free time building....

I only have 2 haruhi's... lots of work on those girls... just gotta keep the kampfer away... although resin dust could be an interesting method of additional weathering....

Edit.. it've always cool to have people notice the small details sitting just off center in the background :)

Noppapana 2006-10-23 12:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by GameraBaenre (Post 716409)
Heh.. those Haruhi's are currently eating up all my attention... I still have tons of work left on the Kampfer including a base with a half buried NT-1 Alex... I actually wish I had more time to build... not enough hours in the day... other than time spent at work and time spent sleeping... I pretty much spend most of my free time building....

I only have 2 haruhi's... lots of work on those girls... just gotta keep the kampfer away... although resin dust could be an interesting method of additional weathering....

Edit.. it've always cool to have people notice the small details sitting just off center in the background :)

are you going to make some kind of diorama then ?
if so i cant wait to see it :p :D

GameraBaenre 2006-10-23 13:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noppapana (Post 716418)
are you going to make some kind of diorama then ?
if so i cant wait to see it :p :D

Yep. Take a look over at this link: http://www.gamerabaenre.com/0080_desert_dio_prog.htm
It's the complete progress page. Everything that's been done so far is documented here :) I still need to paint the Alex. As well as a bunch of other things...

duotiga 2006-10-24 07:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by kct (Post 716347)
The boxart looked really nice. If only someone would do a Proto-Saviour with the +11 pack >.> .

i wish for that also....but high chances are is in HG 1/144....

Eruruu 2006-10-24 09:17

Just a question, do you guys fully assemble then paint or build parts and paint and then assemble it? And do you you use the Gundam Markers or do you use the Tamiya paints?

kct 2006-10-24 11:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by duotiga (Post 717398)
i wish for that also....but high chances are is in HG 1/144....

Actually someone did that with the Destiny Astray photonovel.

GameraBaenre 2006-10-24 11:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eruruu (Post 717463)
Just a question, do you guys fully assemble then paint or build parts and paint and then assemble it? And do you you use the Gundam Markers or do you use the Tamiya paints?

Depends, some parts should be painted seperately, while others should be assembled first, then painted. Some sections have a seam that is ugly and needs to be fixed, so those need to be glued, sanded, then painted.

As for gundam markers... they are overpriced pens. Painting with them just does not look good. They're designed for highlighting details and such. And in my own opinion, there are much easier and better ways to do details than relying on gundam markers.

Tamiya paints are very nice to work with. They can be cleaned up with water or alcohol.

Giuliano Mereu 2006-10-24 13:51

Model Kits Shops in Shangai?

Hi!
I have to go in Shanghai for work (I'm from Italy), and I'd like to know some good model kit shops.
In Italy large models like perfect grade are very expensive, e.g. the Zeta Gundam PG cost something like 450 Euro :twitch: , and shipping costs from USA, HK or Japan are very hight, so I want to take advantage of this travel!
Can some Chinese friend help me?
Thanks to all!

ashtaron 2006-10-24 18:50

New images of 1/100 Saviour HG

Those interested in seeing some more pics of the new Saviour 1/100 model can go view them here:
http://www.geocities.jp/hetare_d_max...0_Saviour.html

dj898 2006-10-24 19:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eruruu (Post 717463)

there's method called C-joint(?) mod.
this basically means you modify the female part of pin so you can take the block apart even after glue the parts. This makes thing easier for painting. Or fabricating/cutting section/s along the panel line so you can pull things apart...
you will often see those sections of arms and legs pull apart on HJ/DJ magazine photos.

for marker the only one I use is Chrome Silver. It's quite handy one to have an frankly only thing worth to buy imho

Knightmare213 2006-10-24 21:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashtaron (Post 718035)
Those interested in seeing some more pics of the new Saviour 1/100 model can go view them here:
http://www.geocities.jp/hetare_d_max...0_Saviour.html

Wow...a GERWALK-mode with the Saviour...lol

I didn't know that was actually possible. I can't wait to buy myself one and try that myself.

trowa babeliii 2006-10-24 21:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Theclow (Post 715948)
Wow where can I get those models :D. Those are really nice.

Haha, the gundam double X. I missed the chance to get one 6 years ago, and until very recently then i manage to get my hands on them. I bought 3 in one short out of impulse though...hahaha..... the information i got from the shopkeeper is that bandai will reproduce some of the models per 5 years span, so now there should be some gundam souble X in the market....

anyway, I understand they are for sale in Seiyu in singapore, with the falcon unit. U might want to try that out.

Most probably for the other 2 gundam double X, i will make one black and the other chrome, then add freedom's parts to it to see the effect.

trowa babeliii 2006-10-24 22:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knightmare213 (Post 718172)
Wow...a GERWALK-mode with the Saviour...lol

I didn't know that was actually possible. I can't wait to buy myself one and try that myself.

Wah, that took me by surprise too!!! maybe i should try with my 1/144 model first. I'm sure it can work also!

SNT1 2006-10-25 01:01

saviour vs chaos is getting interesting.
MS vs MS in space, dogfighting in air, now GERWALK modes XD

are the cannons supposed to be that huge? it looks awkward deployed.

dj898 2006-10-25 07:20

duotiga 2006-10-25 09:07

For Stargazer...this is so sad...is stickers.....

http://ga.sbcr.jp/g-toys/plamodel2006/26/images/10.jpg

MakubeX2 2006-10-25 09:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by duotiga (Post 718647)
For Stargazer...this is so sad...is stickers.....

That's expected. Any verteran toy collectors could see this coming by looking at the price tag and giving the ideas behind the gimmicks some thoughts.

Meehlimo 2006-10-25 10:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakubeX2 (Post 718657)
That's expected. Any verteran toy collectors could see this coming by looking at the price tag and giving the ideas behind the gimmicks some thoughts.

Man now i have to decide what ones i wanna put one :frustrated:

kct 2006-10-26 07:28

I need to decide between the 1/100 Amatu and the MG Strike IWSP >.> .