AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

Exia_00 2013-03-05 10:10

to each his own LOL and there is truth in what you say.

rageous 2013-03-05 16:42

even if you don't count the decals it takes me that long just for the mobile suit, shield and beam saber! I still have a beam rifle and hyper bazooka to assemble, everything is undecaled. 3 hours all in for just the mobile suit is super fast compared to me. I fired this kit up on a Saturday night and worked for 2-3 hours (feet legs and a waist). Then I continued on Sunday night for a few hours (chest + 1 arm) and finished the other arm, head, backpack, and sheild last night after 1 1/2 hours of work

I have a MG Hi Nu on deck right now That should do me for a week or 2. No fancy pait job on this one, just a straight build w/ lining. Then it's on to MG Strike Freedom (painting the gold bits). From there, I might take a break and tackle an unwinged HG or RG not sure which

Regarding MG FB Strike Freedom, I've never painted over chrome parts before. Do I need to prime it or can I just go to town on it? I understand priming helps with adhesion and finding a smooth surface. However, since the frame is almost completely hidden, I wonder if I can just skip priming? any flaking issues on hands or exposed joints for anyone?

I think I might go full on prime and paint on the PG SF

Providenceangle 2013-03-05 20:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by rageous (Post 4579068)
even if you don't count the decals it takes me that long just for the mobile suit, sheild and beam saber! I still have a beam rifle and hyper bazooka to assemble, everything is undecaled. 3 hours all in for just the mobile suit is super fast compared to me. I fired this kit up on a Saturday night and worked for 2-3 hours (feet legs and a waist). Then I continued on Sunday night for a few hours (chest + 1 arm) and finished the other arm, head, backpack, and sheild last night after 1 1/2 hours of work

I have a MG Hi Nu on deck right now That should do me for a week or 2. No fancy pait job on this one, just a straight build w/ lining. Then it's on to MG Strike Freedom (painting the gold bits). From there, I might take a break and tackle an unwinged HG or RG not sure which

Regarding MG FB Strike Freedom, I've never painted over chrome parts before. Do I need to prime it or can I just go to town on it? I understand priming helps with adhesion and finding a smooth surface. However, since the frame is almost completely hidden, I wonder if I can just skip priming? any flaking issues on hands or exposed joints for anyone?

I think I might go full on prime and paint on the PG SF

There's nothing wrong with taking longer. I can do it in 3 hours, simply because I've built so many. I can build almost without instructions, depending on the kit. MGs take longer of course, and depending on the complexity. My RG Zeta still isn't finished. I got to about 65% and stopped. I dislike transforming gundam builds... It's the same for MG Delta plus. Great kit, but I hate the chest gimick.

I've been on the fence, when it comes to Gundam Destiny. I like the design but never bought a kit yet. I'm seriously considering getting the new RG, once it's released. Of course the GP01 is a must buy. I serious wanna get the RG destiny too...

rageous 2013-03-06 15:11

I'm not being negative at all. Just remarking how slow I am at gundam kits (and life in general lol) I 've been up on gundam since 2006 when I first got Wing Gundam ver. ka and MG RX-78 OYW. I built a few kits since then, maybe about a dozen or so, but way more are still incomplete!

Stepped away from it for a while in 2009, but I picked 2 PG kits up since then for collecting sake. After being away from it for a while, I've learned to assemble everything I want, and sell the ones I'm no longer interested in before I buy any new ones (btw, anyone looking for a Char 2.0 Zaku?). It helps that I'm not too interested in the new releases

FalsePrime 2013-03-06 17:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by rageous (Post 4580279)
I'm not being negative at all. Just remarking how slow I am at gundam kits (and life in general lol) I 've been up on gundam since 2006 when I first got Wing Gundam ver. ka and MG RX-78 OYW. I built a few kits since then, maybe about a dozen or so, but way more are still incomplete!

Stepped away from it for a while in 2009, but I picked 2 PG kits up since then for collecting sake. After being away from it for a while, I've learned to assemble everything I want, and sell the ones I'm no longer interested in before I buy any new ones (btw, anyone looking for a Char 2.0 Zaku?). It helps that I'm not too interested in the new releases

Depends on how much your looking to sell it for, and when you would like to have it sold.

rageous 2013-03-06 20:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by FalsePrime (Post 4580420)
Depends on how much your looking to sell it for, and when you would like to have it sold.

I think $50-ish shipped would be a fair, depending on location. Seems you can't get it for much less than that retail. I'm open to offers tho. I'm not exactly in a rush. I got it as soon as it was released and it's pretty much sat in my closet since then. I think the runners are still in their bags even!

Skye629 2013-03-06 22:54

Hey guys, how often do you change blades on your hobby knife? Im not too sure whether mine is dull enough to swap out yet, used it for about 2 HG kits so far

maknaedik 2013-03-07 00:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skye629 (Post 4580734)
Hey guys, how often do you change blades on your hobby knife? Im not too sure whether mine is dull enough to swap out yet, used it for about 2 HG kits so far

That's quite fast IMO. I don't switch them not until they get rusted (yes, mind does for some unknown reason)

Providenceangle 2013-03-07 06:47

I use a stone and sharpen mine, so I usually use them till they don't have a good profile anymore.(They don't have a shape similar to "new", so it becomes awkward to use it)

Butagami 2013-03-07 07:37

quick question: How in blazes do you get the C-Bits of of the shield of the MG 00Qan[T]?
Don't want to break them, but I want to assemble the bustersword...

firefox 2013-03-07 08:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by rageous (Post 4580279)

I didn't know building Gunpla was a race now?

Better build it slow and right then fast and with alot of errors. It's teh end result that counts not the time you build it in!

derrickmc63 2013-03-07 10:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butagami (Post 4581138)
quick question: How in blazes do you get the C-Bits of of the shield of the MG 00Qan[T]?

well i broke two bits trying to take them out and then used plastic cement to fix it. Then i put them back into the shield again. And the same thing happened, so now they are permanently in the shield and i will never take them out again.

helois 2013-03-07 11:45

founded the foil sticker of Banshee Norn

http://www.1999.co.jp/itbig21/10214076n.jpg

so...

Gundam Marker gold! TO ME!!!! :heh::heh::heh::heh::heh:

(when i'll buy it,of course :D )

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2013-03-07 12:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butagami (Post 4581138)

You have to be reeeaally careful with it. Other than that, I don’t know the exact technique of how to do it easily. I personally will not try to assemble the Buster Sword since the MG looks awkward holding it with a base-stand anyway (unlike the HG). I will only pose it with its GN Sword. Besides, the bits attached on Qan[T] is part of its charm ;).

rageous 2013-03-07 14:02

speaking of foil stickers.. has anyone noticed the stickers with the OVA sinanju? I wonder if Bandai has imporved on the stickers included? History says it's doubtful. I wonder if the metal sinanju stickers on ebay are any better?

suiton629 2013-03-07 14:25

You think it's a good idea to get 4x of the upcoming MG Aile Strike HD Ver.?

I've thought about getting it to display:

Strike Gundam
Aile Strike Gundam
Launcher Strike Gundam
Sword Strike Gundam

=D

The idea is that if I were to get the MG from Seed/Seed Destiny, it would only be the main ones that Kira, the main lead character, piloted so it would be:

Strike
Aile Strike
Launcher Strike
Sword Strike
Aile Strike Rouge
Freedom
Strike Freedom

I suspect the Aile Strike Rouge will get an online exclusive release consider it'd be a recolor of the upcoming Aile Strike HD Ver.

Freedom and Strike Freedom.. I think it would be cool if they did get an HD Ver, but not 100% sure on that. But then again, Freedom and Strike Freedom are ultra popular and a new release of those 2 with the GATX frame, would be epic!

StrikeFreedomV2 2013-03-07 15:19

Why get an expensive Aile Strike Rouge, when Kira didn't pilot it in its original pink and red color-scheme? Kira reconfigured the Phase-Shift to look like the original red and blue color-scheme. You might aswell get 5 Aile Strikes and just pretend that one of them is the Strike Rouge. That way you at least safe SOME money >_>

Also, Freedom and Strike Freedom are not from the GAT-X series of MS's. They are from the ZGMF-series. Tbey don't share the same frame, so I doubt that any new model kits will.

suiton629 2013-03-07 15:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 (Post 4581568)
Why get an expensive Aile Strike Rouge, when Kira didn't pilot it in its original pink and red color-scheme? Kira reconfigured the Phase-Shift to look like the original red and blue color-scheme. You might aswell get 5 Aile Strikes and just pretend that one of them is the Strike Rouge. That way you at least safe SOME money >_>

Also, Freedom and Strike Freedom are not from the GAT-X series of MS's. They are from the ZGMF-series. Tbey don't share the same frame, so I doubt that any new model kits will.

Well I guess maybe we'll have to see.
Other than that, I guess I could go for the RG line, but I don't think I will since MG's are my thing.

Providenceangle 2013-03-07 19:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by rageous (Post 4581492)
speaking of foil stickers.. has anyone noticed the stickers with the OVA sinanju? I wonder if Bandai has imporved on the stickers included? History says it's doubtful. I wonder if the metal sinanju stickers on ebay are any better?

It's pretty much all the same. At least in my opinion. I think getting some decent paint, as well as a good brush, will make a lot of difference. It won't break the bank either.

Skye629 2013-03-07 23:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Providenceangle (Post 4581105)
I use a stone and sharpen mine, so I usually use them till they don't have a good profile anymore.(They don't have a shape similar to "new", so it becomes awkward to use it)

Where do you get sharpening stones? That would make them definitely last longer