AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

Providenceangle 2013-11-02 10:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by duotiga (Post 4894046)
this argument is getting nowhere......with the nowhere questions asked

This is a very true statement. Unfortunately some people don't understand this concept.

The more I see the Wing proto Zero, the more I want it... It's a cool looking kit, regardless of the series it's from. It's just sexy.

suiton629 2013-11-02 10:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Providenceangle (Post 4894112)
This is a very true statement. Unfortunately some people don't understand this concept.

The more I see the Wing proto Zero, the more I want it... It's a cool looking kit, regardless of the series it's from. It's just sexy.

Same. But originally I was like 50-50 on it, but now I'm pretty sure I'd like to add it to my MG collection. =D Maybe if we keep on buying MGs from EW line, Bandai will be convinced they'd be a sure seller and put out the rest...and you know which ones I want from my infamous list.

Shinobi2013 2013-11-02 11:14

I don't care much about the MG Protozero since I already have the HG Wing Zero TV and I don't want to waste it, I've seen it personally during the GBWC event and I'm a bit turned off with the design as well as it looks kinda smaller than the HG version. I'll rather wait for the upcoming MG Gundam X.

Aurelis 2013-11-02 12:06

Unfortunately, I would have to bring this into a triple threat match and ask

"Where's more of my Sentinel/AoZ kits? They are way better than Wing units :p"

Okay, flame bait aside, I recently finished assembling the HGUC AGX-04 Gerbera Tetra and I must say, it's been quite some time since I truly enjoyed a build. It wasn't difficult, the nubs were well placed in terms of thinness and hiding, and the seamlines was minimum. The curvy design and build reminded me of HGUC Sazabi somewhat.

I loved the backpack and shoulder build was it was decently detailed and full of thrusters. Unfortunately, for those planning to assemble it, the shoulder connection to the torso is on a thin plastic frame. I broke mine and had to glue it. Praying it stays on!

Spoiler for Images of Gerbera:

Providenceangle 2013-11-02 15:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aurelis (Post 4894239)

Okay, flame bait aside, I recently finished assembling the HGUC AGX-04 Gerbera Tetra and I must say, it's been quite some time since I truly enjoyed a build. It wasn't difficult, the nubs were well placed in terms of thinness and hiding, and the seamlines was minimum. The curvy design and build reminded me of HGUC Sazabi somewhat.

I loved the backpack and shoulder build was it was decently detailed and full of thrusters. Unfortunately, for those planning to assemble it, the shoulder connection to the torso is on a thin plastic frame. I broke mine and had to glue it. Praying it stays on!

I welcome more kits period. The design is the reason I like it. Not because of the "dama" from the show lol.

Skye629 2013-11-02 17:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aurelis (Post 4894239)

Niiiiccceeeee, perhaps you should add in some of the HG 0083 grunts now?

And do you have the cash/space for the HG Dendrobium? xD

Aurelis 2013-11-02 22:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skye629 (Post 4894497)
Niiiiccceeeee, perhaps you should add in some of the HG 0083 grunts now?

And do you have the cash/space for the HG Dendrobium? xD

Okay you got me there! I only have the Powered GM :uhoh: I like grunt units but I can't stand building them somehow :p I should get a Dom though hmmm.

The GP03 Dendrobium is wishful thinking, even at 50% discount here, I find getting it expensive. And who knows when I'll even got around to build it. After that, where to keep it since I can't chuck in back into the box like my other kits.

But if I get it, I'll definitely post a pic! *prays for year end bonus*

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2013-11-03 01:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aurelis (Post 4894889)
The GP03 Dendrobium is wishful thinking, even at 50% discount here, I find getting it expensive. And who knows when I'll even got around to build it. After that, where to keep it since I can't chuck in back into the box like my other kits.

I figured as much. :D It's the classic problem for all of us who want Dendrobium except for the super rich ones who have spacious rooms for their Gunpla.

Talk about kits, what do you think of this online exclusive from Katsumi Kawaguchi's Pro-Shop?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-9pPaw29mCw...1600/11111.jpg
I think the color-combi could've been executed better. Considering it's from Kawaguchi's shop, it looks rather lackluster.

And hell yeah for RD Air Master Burst!!! :hyper-^v^:
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-K3RgRYWqWB...o/s1600/1l.jpg

This could be a sign of Bandai releasing the new kits of it.

Aurelis 2013-11-03 04:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 4895047)
I figured as much. :D It's the classic problem for all of us who want Dendrobium except for the super rich ones who have spacious rooms for their Gunpla.

Talk about kits, what do you think of this online exclusive from Katsumi Kawaguchi's Pro-Shop?

And hell yeah for RD Air Master Burst!!! :hyper-^v^:

This could be a sign of Bandai releasing the new kits of it.

Before I read the title, I groaned thinking it was a featured amateur work on GG with tacky color scheme. I'm not a fan of metallic red and gold used in combination as it creates a really gaudy appearance and causes the details to be washed out. The black didn't help either. If Ironman wasn't officially red/gold, I dare say it is tasteless too.

And then I saw Pro Shop Katsumi Kawaguchi and well, let's just say, the horror must have been equivalent to what Shinn felt throughout SEED Destiny.

It takes a really big fan (with a big wallet to boot) to even desire such a kit. If I was a prospective buyer, I'd rather use that money and get the Extreme Gundam and EXA Option Set. Or blackjack and hookers.

Onto the Air Master, awesome, the proportion looks sleek! I love the direction of Robot Spirits in terms of releasing these kits, and hopefully, translate to production of its model kits. The Byarlant Custom, Double X and upcoming Silver Bullet and Victory gives me hope of this.

LoweGear 2013-11-03 05:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aurelis (Post 4895189)
Before I read the title, I groaned thinking it was a featured amateur work with tacky color scheme. I'm not a fan of metallic red and gold used in combination as it creates a really gaudy appearance and causes the details to be washed out.

Not a big fan of Iron Man then :heh:

Aurelis 2013-11-03 05:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoweGear (Post 4895194)
Not a big fan of Iron Man then :heh:

Haha, but if Ironman was Black and Blue, I'll be an even bigger fan :heh:

I still wonder if the chrome SF wings looks nice with the yellow frame.

RAVNEN 2013-11-03 05:50

The all white HG Build Akatsuki look clean & somehow well balance in term of color than the red yellow version. Whoa...that RD Air Master Burst might be a first for me,been looking for a good RD figure to buy.:cool:

suiton629 2013-11-03 12:13

Anyone else preorder the MG X Gundam? =D
Only thing I'm concerned is that they're gonna do the X Divider as online exclusive and the Double X as regular release.

Knight-of-Gold 2013-11-03 13:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by suiton629 (Post 4895490)
Anyone else preorder the MG X Gundam? =D
Only thing I'm concerned is that they're gonna do the X Divider as online exclusive and the Double X as regular release.

You think too many things are going to be exclusive.
Why do you give a shit? You are obviously willing to throw money at exclusives anyway.
X divider is likely to be regular release anyway.

Shinobi2013 2013-11-03 14:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knight-of-Gold (Post 4895554)
You think too many things are going to be exclusive.
Why do you give a shit? You are obviously willing to throw money at exclusives anyway.
X divider is likely to be regular release anyway.

I believe it will be the same case as MG 00 Seven Swords, both of them has an equally cooler weapons which still passable for the regular release.

suiton629 2013-11-03 14:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shinobi2013 (Post 4895560)
I believe it will be the same case as MG 00 Seven Swords, both of them has an equally cooler weapons which still passable for the regular release.

I guess that makes sense. But when Gundam 00 was current, Bandai wasn't spamming out online exclusives like they are.

Regardless of being regular or online exclusive, everyone knows that if it's an MG from the few series I buy from, I will get it.

Skye629 2013-11-03 15:34

Metallic red and gold does work well together.....provided that the ratios are done right and factoring in they type of suit design

For instance: About 90% metallic red for a MS does not work well.....UNLESS its a Zeon/Vagan design. I tend to find that those style of suits (as opposed to the angular EF designs) more appropriate for metallic color schemes (eg. Metallic red sazabi with gold replacing all the yellow, a metallic red sinanju, or perhaps a metallic red gelgoog with gold detailing)

IMO that metallic red and gold Build Akatsuki looks terrible due to the ratio, more gold would have definitely helped it

Providenceangle 2013-11-03 15:42

Considering the original was mostly gold... I think they should have stayed away from that colour.

They should have picked a better colour scheme.

firefox 2013-11-04 06:59

Anybody else thing that we don't get alot of seed destiny marchandise with the HD version now being aired.

I was hoping on a few new 1/144 or 1/100 HG kits, like the very very very very long overdue slash zaku phantom (Yzak colors) or the Windam.

Also some robot damashii figures would be nice, i know that all of the 5 main suits are transforming suits and that gives problems in RD for some reason, but still they managed to do a 1/200 HCM Pro Impulse, how hard can a 1/144 be? And a good zaku warrior, that can be recolors at least 6 times?

suiton629 2013-11-04 08:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by firefox (Post 4896313)
Anybody else thing that we don't get alot of seed destiny marchandise with the HD version now being aired.

I was hoping on a few new 1/144 or 1/100 HG kits, like the very very very very long overdue slash zaku phantom (Yzak colors) or the Windam.

Also some robot damashii figures would be nice, i know that all of the 5 main suits are transforming suits and that gives problems in RD for some reason, but still they managed to do a 1/200 HCM Pro Impulse, how hard can a 1/144 be? And a good zaku warrior, that can be recolors at least 6 times?

I think the focus is on MGs, RGs, and HGs.
RM Ver., new MG's, and re-releasing HG's with the better proportions...

I don't think we're gonna get new 1/144 or 1/100 HGs. In terms of the HG line (again), I expect re-releases of the main guys with new proportions as indicated by the new Aile Strike that's coming.

2014 is gonna be busy and I'm hoping it'll have a lot of good surprises.