AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

Aurelis 2014-02-13 02:56

Speaking of weapons, the new K9 Backpack kit looks like a marvelous release.

You get an awesome looking sniper rifle, trigger hands, 1/144 units and of course, dual hand guns. Plus, backpack adapters.

ZeroXSEED 2014-02-13 02:58

Did they give the secondary rifle too? Or maybe that one came with GM Sniper K9?

Also, my friend bought HG Unicorn and severely disappointed that it doesn't have partial frame, like, at all. I told him unicorn came in 2006.

Skye629 2014-02-13 03:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED (Post 5010274)
Did they give the secondary rifle too? Or maybe that one came with GM Sniper K9?

Also, my friend bought HG Unicorn and severely disappointed that it doesn't have partial frame, like, at all. I told him unicorn came in 2006.

Even most of the newer kits don't have a partial frame, they're HGs

If he REALLY wants a HG with some sort of frame, the first thing which comes to mind for me is are the Jagd Doga's (check out Dalong for pics)

ZeroXSEED 2014-02-13 03:42

Yea but he meant something like later SEED kits, 00 and AGE

Both my Akatsuki and Stargazer has functional leg frame, while Destiny and Forbidden don't.

Oh, wait Sinanju have them too.

Providenceangle 2014-02-13 06:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED (Post 5010295)
Yea but he meant something like later SEED kits, 00 and AGE

Both my Akatsuki and Stargazer has functional leg frame, while Destiny and Forbidden don't.

Oh, wait Sinanju have them too.

Seed and 00 don't have proper inner frame @ HG. The only way to get an inner frame at 1/144 is to scratch build or buy RG line.

Speaking of scratch build: http://www.gundammodelkits.com/model...-ver-kaku.html

firefox 2014-02-13 07:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED (Post 5009082)
No matter how I look at it, Banshee is fucking ugly

Probably because of the deer horn.

Banshee and unicorn are essentially the same thing except for the color and the antenna. I must say black looks better then dark blue, but i am not a fan of the unicorn frame. it is not that great.

Tak 2014-02-13 15:31

I, on the other hand, have a hard-on for the Kampfer and not afraid to admit it :D

- Tak (Speaking of which, I need to buy myself another one)

~Destiny~ 2014-02-13 19:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skye629 (Post 5009926)
Probably this is just fully painted

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aurelis (Post 5009931)
Yup, that looks painted, just like how they portray the Banshee in black but it's actually dark blue. I think the black matches the clear frame better than dark blue.

I think what Obelisk mean was that, despite all previous painted pictures officially released by bandai showing a dark navy-blue coloured banshee, it's odd that they now release a picture of it that's actually black.:uhoh:

ZeroXSEED 2014-02-13 19:24

Yea so probably the deer horn that got into me

Skye629 2014-02-13 19:27

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-CnRwZ3gEfK...w/s1600/33.jpg

As I thought, not bad at all :)

MoonLightShadows 2014-02-13 19:33

Nice the K9 Sniper is nicer than I thought from those other pictures. Glad I havnt grab the build strike yet. Star Build Strike and Plavsky power gate is way more interesting than the full package. :D

crazycollectorhd 2014-02-13 22:15

I am confused.
Can someone give me a quick explanation of the Astray 'frame' Gundams? Which ones are the main ones?

Why so many?

Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Purple, Gold, Black, White, etc?

Rising Dragon 2014-02-13 22:19

Because Bandai wants more money.

Originally there were three Astray Frames, which were built from data gleaned from the EA's GAT-X series: the Gold Frame, the Red Frame, and the Blue Frame. Then Heliopolis happened, and the Frames were scattered. Sahaku managed to keep his Gold Frame, sans an arm, and Lowe Gear of the Junk Guild got his hands on the Red Frame, and the Blue Frame wound up in Gai Murakumo's hands. Then later a Green Frame was revealed to have been part of the original Frame series, as was another one that eventually resulted in the Mirage Frame.

And later ones I guess were just called Astray Frames by Lowe because he keeps building them or something.

ZeroXSEED 2014-02-13 22:32

K9 didn't came with red visor :(

crazycollectorhd 2014-02-13 22:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rising Dragon (Post 5011134)
Because Bandai wants more money.

Originally there were three Astray Frames, which were built from data gleaned from the EA's GAT-X series: the Gold Frame, the Red Frame, and the Blue Frame. Then Heliopolis happened, and the Frames were scattered. Sahaku managed to keep his Gold Frame, sans an arm, and Lowe Gear of the Junk Guild got his hands on the Red Frame, and the Blue Frame wound up in Gai Murakumo's hands. Then later a Green Frame was revealed to have been part of the original Frame series, as was another one that eventually resulted in the Mirage Frame.

And later ones I guess were just called Astray Frames by Lowe because he keeps building them or something.

So are these 2 the main ones and best Masterpiece versions of the Gundam models?

Aurelis 2014-02-13 23:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED (Post 5011155)
K9 didn't came with red visor :(

I'm fine with the stickers normally but I had hoped the red hue was close to the RG GP01's metallic red knee sticker.

http://i.imgur.com/bT1co5b.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/jCoPrGN.jpg?1

Nonetheless, K9 sure as hell made me want to get a Blue Destiny Unit 1 :p

widagtama 2014-02-14 05:41

Got myself first gunpla. Bearguy III

Got any quick advice for beginner?

I probably won't do iffy trick like spray paint

Skye629 2014-02-14 05:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by widagtama (Post 5011484)

DO NOT, DO NOT, DO NOT, use your hands to get the pieces out

At least use a knife

LOL

ZeroXSEED 2014-02-14 05:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by widagtama (Post 5011484)

Do not twist with hands

At worst you can use is boxcutter or nail clipper

But best you can use is actual plastic nipper + hobby knife

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2014-02-14 08:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Destiny~ (Post 5010941)
I think what Obelisk mean was that, despite all previous painted pictures officially released by bandai showing a dark navy-blue coloured banshee, it's odd that they now release a picture of it that's actually black.:uhoh:

It's nice to see someone who understand me ;).

Anyway, yeah, K9's color is not bad at all.