AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

DarkWarrior 2007-02-20 18:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakubeX2 (Post 839108)
The 2 highest bid was made by new auction account holders. So it's another matter whether they'll pay the full amount of their bid.

What I'm more interested now is that if Mesarion would do a "Detail Evolved" version of Hi-Nu and if he does, just how much crazier will an auction for that be after Dalong rated the MG Hi-Nu so highly. (An almost perfect scrore of 99/100)

Well, if the worst happens and the two new accounts turn out to be frauds, the next highest bid is at 1,356,000 Yen, which is still pretty damn impressive. If Yahoo Auctions works like Ebay, thenI assume that it has some sort of second chance offer.

And I believe Keita's next project is the MG Sazabi -Details Evolved-, which I'm really looking forward too. But Hi-Nu is on the list too, so we'll probably see it eventually.

But what worries me about the Hi-Nu is the defective parts Dalong pointed out. I'm seriously going to be pissed if I also get those defective parts.. grrr. :frustrated:

Treize Khushrenada 2007-02-20 18:17

I'm looking for some information about the Action Base.

How compatible is it? I see from the descriptions and pics that it includes a few different attachments but does anyone have a good grasp on the overall applicability to existing models? Thanks.

philmein 2007-02-20 18:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkWarrior (Post 839120)
Well, if the worst happens and the two new accounts turn out to be frauds, the next highest bid is at 1,356,000 Yen, which is still pretty damn impressive. If Yahoo Auctions works like Ebay, thenI assume that it has some sort of second chance offer.

And I believe Keita's next project is the MG Sazabi -Details Evolved-, which I'm really looking forward too. But Hi-Nu is on the list too, so we'll probably see it eventually.

But what worries me about the Hi-Nu is the defective parts Dalong pointed out. I'm seriously going to be pissed if I also get those defective parts.. grrr. :frustrated:

WHat defective parts are you refering to?

DarkWarrior 2007-02-20 19:15

PlasticFrog from the MechaTalk forums was kind enough to translate part of Dalong's review, which talks about the defective part. You can read his post here.

kct 2007-02-20 20:16

Well...is it me or the MG Noir looked...devoid of markings and stuff like that?

philmein 2007-02-20 20:53

Hmm, thanks Dark.
That's still not going to prevent me from buying it.
It's not loose, just not secure. Nothing to gripe about. =)

LoweGear 2007-02-20 21:51

I think it's premature to think that Dalong getting a defective part means we're gonna get it as well ^^;; It could just be luck of the draw. We'll have to wait for more reviews (and mention of that defective part) before we can say anything conclusive.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Treize Khushrenada (Post 839125)
I'm looking for some information about the Action Base.

How compatible is it? I see from the descriptions and pics that it includes a few different attachments but does anyone have a good grasp on the overall applicability to existing models? Thanks.

The action base is compatible with all 1/144 scale and 1/100 scale kits, regardless of grade. And just not Bandai kits, the action base is also compatible with Kotobukiya kits as well (and IIRC from this thread a few pages back, the action base can be used on figures as well).

Treize Khushrenada 2007-02-20 22:28

Thank you very much.

Akyra 2007-02-20 23:23

Just wanna ask for opinions. For the guys that panel-line, what sort of markers do you use? I use a fine DVD marker (think they are permanent) to outline and paint vents, then use a cotton bud dipped in Zippo to dab away excess. Any other methods for the "dirty" vent look or panel-lining techniques?

WaytoDawn 2007-02-21 01:11

Damn you Bandai!!:frustrated: I just found out one of the red parts for the beam shield for SF is defective!!!:frustrated: It is kinda twisted outta the hexagon shape.....damn.........:frustrated: :frustrated:

LoweGear 2007-02-21 02:35

Any pics of that?

Subarunyon 2007-02-21 03:22

Reading this thread (and looking at Mesarion's mods) makes me want to do gunpla again >_>; I sorta gave up and moved on to Kamen Rider SICs because it's so hard to get the look that I want without painting / effort. Maybe I should be doing gunpla again, but the thing is that they are so dang expensive ;_; I really should get a job.

M_Flores 2007-02-21 08:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by WaytoDawn (Post 839453)
Damn you Bandai!!:frustrated: I just found out one of the red parts for the beam shield for SF is defective!!!:frustrated: It is kinda twisted outta the hexagon shape.....damn.........:frustrated: :frustrated:

lol, can you explain a bit further? I didnt have problems with mine.

LoweGear 2007-02-21 09:45

Dalong's Traffic Test version for their MG Hi-NU review is up:

Dalong MG Hi-NU Traffic Test page

More details on why here:

Topic: Dalong to go offline temporarily

DarkWarrior 2007-02-21 18:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoweGear (Post 839305)
I think it's premature to think that Dalong getting a defective part means we're gonna get it as well ^^;; It could just be luck of the draw. We'll have to wait for more reviews (and mention of that defective part) before we can say anything conclusive.

Well yeah, but the chance of getting a defective part is enough to make anyone nervous, no matter how low or high it is. I think Bandai's QC is slipping.. and the fact that Bandai doesn't seem to be responding to e-mails for replacement parts doesn't help either.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoweGear (Post 839764)
Dalong's Traffic Test version for their MG Hi-NU review is up:

Dalong MG Hi-NU Traffic Test page

More details on why here:

Topic: Dalong to go offline temporarily

Whoa, Dalong gets his kits for free?! Lucky bastard! :heh:

Seriously though, I hope Dalong figures something out. If the website is getting that many hits, it's better to cash in and insert ads everywhere. As long as his site doesn't go down.. sadly nothing even comes close to Dalong.

philmein 2007-02-21 20:55

So, it's the 22nd in Japan.
I wonder if HLJ will have in stock right now..

LoweGear 2007-02-21 22:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkWarrior (Post 840227)
Well yeah, but the chance of getting a defective part is enough to make anyone nervous, no matter how low or high it is. I think Bandai's QC is slipping.. and the fact that Bandai doesn't seem to be responding to e-mails for replacement parts doesn't help either.

I can understand people's nervousness if they percieve something as defective, even the chances of recieving a defective part from a company known for high quality kits are quite low, since afterall no company that manufactures products on such a large scale can screen for 100% of the outgoing products. Saying that their QC is slipping from a couple of examples of defects is really exxagerating it though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkWarrior
Whoa, Dalong gets his kits for free?! Lucky bastard! :heh:

Seriously though, I hope Dalong figures something out. If the website is getting that many hits, it's better to cash in and insert ads everywhere. As long as his site doesn't go down.. sadly nothing even comes close to Dalong.

Yes, nothing comes close to Dalong. The only thing not making it more appealing is the lack of english translations :heh:

DarkWarrior 2007-02-21 23:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gunota
This month's hobby mag news
MG Zeta Gundam Unit #3 - April, 5,250 yen

.. Amuro's white and purple Zeta? Damn another recolor. I guess this is the 98th MG, so 99th in May and 100th in June?

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoweGear (Post 840428)
I can understand people's nervousness if they percieve something as defective, even the chances of recieving a defective part from a company known for high quality kits are quite low, since afterall no company that manufactures products on such a large scale can screen for 100% of the outgoing products. Saying that their QC is slipping from a couple of examples of defects is really exxagerating it though.

I guess what I find more disturbing is that if you receive defective parts, you're screwed. You can either A) order replacements runners from HLJ (Slow and expensive) or B) buy the same kit again (extremely expensive and wasteful). Like I said before, I've sent Bandai multiple e-mails on parts replacement over past two weeks.. no response. Maybe my e-mail is blacklisted for some reason, but I'm not getting a good feeling from this.

philmein 2007-02-21 23:57

Receiving a defective part does not mean I'll be totally screwed. Look at Dalong's model. No harm done.

DarkWarrior 2007-02-22 00:24

Uh, you do realize that any part can be defective, right? Dalong was relatively lucky and his defective part was only a small, mostly hidden part that only made his funnel holders a bit loose. However, if a bigger and more visible part like a fin funnel piece was defective, I'm sure you'll be pissed then. Anyways I'm done with this subject.. if you don't care about defective parts, that's fine. But personally I like my model kits like how they're suppose to be.