AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

Kittie Rose 2007-02-24 19:16

Uhu glue is good :) I use it for sticking things temporarily. It's much better than superglue, "for what it does". Superglue is too hard and brittle.

I'm waiting on an Aile Strike and Strike Destiny. I know they're not the best High Grades, but I checked them out a good few times. I've just watched Seed and Seed Destiny so I have a hankering for the main mechs; shame i didn't have them while watching I love to have a representation of the character on screen. I'm saving Final Plus until I get Strike Freedom, and Strike is a reasonably generic RX-78 variant so he'll "do" for any series :) The Aile Strike looks pretty much perfect to me, I don't know why it doesn't get better reviews. The proportions aren't perfect but you can't really have perfect proportions on a figure that small, it wouldn't look right. I think it's taken that a Gundam model will look like the animation model; so I care about the overall awesomeness of it.

I kind of like the slight Chibi-ness in the proportions of the 1/144s, it reminds me a little of the cartoon animation models for the Transformers, especially bumblebee.

What Mastergrades would people recommend? I would have gotten a Freedom or Strike Freedom but they just didn't impress me enough over the 1/144 highgrade to warrant the price.

I'd look one that looks "Right" towering over all the 1/144s.

Also, I've only seen Seed and Seed Destiny and have vague memories of Wing; what series should I watch next, in terms of what has the most awesome models :P

subaruhess 2007-02-24 22:50

1/100 saviour wing modification, didnt like the original wing design so I changed them with more practical wings. Looks closer to the original animation with these wings, dam these drastic redesigns a right pain to fix.

Wing mod:




The eye stickers are useless so I painted in saviour's eyes:

MakubeX2 2007-02-25 00:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kittie Rose (Post 843221)
What Mastergrades would people recommend? I would have gotten a Freedom or Strike Freedom but they just didn't impress me enough over the 1/144 highgrade to warrant the price.

I'd look one that looks "Right" towering over all the 1/144s.

MG Nu, MG Superior or the new Mg Hi-Nu.

duotiga 2007-02-25 05:57

Customise Saviour in Hi-NU colour

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/1...1614689sx9.jpg

lycantivis 2007-02-25 06:26

holy god sexy. Where is that weapon from? are those addons on top of the wings from another kit or scratch? Any wip photos?

LoweGear 2007-02-25 06:55

The weapon seems to be a bash of various weapons, primarily the 1/100 Tallgeese III cannon, and judging from the elbow joints, this kit uses the MG Strike as a base.

duotiga 2007-02-25 07:06

Taken from online japanese Blog.

http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/8793/untitledjf0.jpg

philmein 2007-02-26 10:45

has anyone bought anything off gundamshop.com ?
I was actually wanting to confirm it's validity. I swear this guy just stole my money; he hasn't replied to any of my emails for the past week and ignored my calls. Not to mention, my item hasn't arrived and it's been a little more than a week.

MakubeX2 2007-02-27 10:02

http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/1...8339fi7.th.jpg
Hi-Nu in "New" colour. Get my drift ?

PS :- Broke down and bought MG Nu with MG Hi-Nu today. Will be doing a raw speed built on both of them this weekend to see how technology had evolve over the last 7 years.

LoweGear 2007-02-27 10:27

That Nu Hi-Nu Gundam (^^;;; ) is made of 100% concentrated WIN :D In fact, Hi-NU looks better in those colors than in it's somwaht funky blue and white scheme.

MakubeX2 2007-02-27 10:36

OK. Who's up for a petition to Bandai for a "New" repaint of the Hi-Nu instead of that upcoming Zeta Ver 2.0 ?

"New" Repaint + 1.

justsomeguy 2007-02-27 12:47

Has anybody here ever messed up the screws in an MG kit? Last night, I failed to apply the shoulder joint screws in my IWSP Strike, and now I have two screws halfway in the hole with the heads too worn out for the screwdriver. I can probably get them out with pliers, so my concern right now is finding replacement screws.
Does anybody happen to know the brand and model number of equivalent screws? Otherwise, I'll just have to bring the busted ones to the store and compare by eye. Very annoying, because I did not have this kind of problem when building the absolutely identical Strike Rouge.

OmegaZEROCustom 2007-02-27 13:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by justsomeguy (Post 846533)
Has anybody here ever messed up the screws in an MG kit? Last night, I failed to apply the shoulder joint screws in my IWSP Strike, and now I have two screws halfway in the hole with the heads too worn out for the screwdriver. I can probably get them out with pliers, so my concern right now is finding replacement screws.
Does anybody happen to know the brand and model number of equivalent screws? Otherwise, I'll just have to bring the busted ones to the store and compare by eye. Very annoying, because I did not have this kind of problem when building the absolutely identical Strike Rouge.

I hd the exact same problem with my Strike + IWSP. On the first joint I totally stripped the screw and ended up eventually using the brute force method to get it in since I don't really see the screw head once the Gundam is assembled based on my Aile Strike, which I didn't have any problem getting the screws into.

I don't know what Bandai did to the IWSP kits shoulder or its screws, but something had to have changed since the Aile Strike and Strike Rouge didn't seem to have this problem.

Fome 2007-02-27 14:56

Just wondering, has Bandai even hinted at all about what the 100th MG will be? The suspense is just kiiiillling me.

Hopes it's the nightingale...with a more mechy, less bug-like appearance.

Copy Ninja Kakashi 2007-02-27 16:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by OmegaZEROCustom (Post 846575)
I hd the exact same problem with my Strike + IWSP. On the first joint I totally stripped the screw and ended up eventually using the brute force method to get it in since I don't really see the screw head once the Gundam is assembled based on my Aile Strike, which I didn't have any problem getting the screws into.

I don't know what Bandai did to the IWSP kits shoulder or its screws, but something had to have changed since the Aile Strike and Strike Rouge didn't seem to have this problem.

I had the same problem with the srews ont he shoulder on the IWSP :( , eventually I let them out because still without the srews it won't come off fast :rolleyes:

EZNic 2007-02-27 16:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by justsomeguy (Post 846533)
Has anybody here ever messed up the screws in an MG kit? Last night, I failed to apply the shoulder joint screws in my IWSP Strike, and now I have two screws halfway in the hole with the heads too worn out for the screwdriver. I can probably get them out with pliers, so my concern right now is finding replacement screws.
Does anybody happen to know the brand and model number of equivalent screws? Otherwise, I'll just have to bring the busted ones to the store and compare by eye. Very annoying, because I did not have this kind of problem when building the absolutely identical Strike Rouge.

the cause of your screw head getting too worn out is normally cause by you using a screw driver that is just abit too small, it might look like it's the correct size because the screws are tiny and thin but that's not ture. The trick is to use one that LOOKS to be just a bit bigger, which is really the correct size screw driver to use.

The screws are tiny so you will need to go to a hobby shop of somekind to get the correct screw. it doesn't have to be the same size just about the same size would work. but this time use a bigger screw driver.

Deus EpS Machina 2007-02-27 16:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fome (Post 846664)
Just wondering, has Bandai even hinted at all about what the 100th MG will be? The suspense is just kiiiillling me.

Hopes it's the nightingale...with a more mechy, less bug-like appearance.

Bandai hasnt hinted at the 100th MG release.

The only future MG they have hinted at was the MG Destiny which was in the booklets of the FBM MG Strike Freedom. Its most likely not the 100th MG though (it would be great if it were...alienating staunch UC fans is fun).

In any case, the 100th MG is most likely a UC kit from Amuro/Char's era...so from 0079-0093. I would like to say MG Nightingale (i would love that) but i think it may end up being a fairly expensive and big project. Im banking more towards a Sazabi ver. 2.0 (still expensive, but not as much as a Nightingale i think), cuz i cant see anything UC with Amuro's name on it...maye the Dijeh...but it sure doesnt look like the big deal Bandai is making this 100th kit out to be.

Also, i wouldnt count out a V2 Gundam either. AFAIK, its the onlu main UC series Gundam thats not gotten a MG treatment and every Gundam fan's been hankering for it for years. Perhaps with Bandai looking towards the end of the UC timeline with F91 and the Crossbones releases, we might get it.

Then again, a MG Turn A Gundam isnt out of the question either. Gundam Musou has Turn A as a playable mecha, not to mention its reopened its Turn A site, and model stores seem to be getting Turn A merchandise again...so its possible that the 100th MG is a Turn A. Bandai likes to hype its products in many ways leading up to a release so its entirely possible.


of course we could always get yet another Rx-78-2 Gundam =p

........though if we do get another G2 Gundam...id love for it to be the Evolve version...

justsomeguy 2007-02-27 16:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by EZNic (Post 846747)
the cause of your screw head getting too worn out is normally cause by you using a screw driver that is just abit too small, it might look like it's the correct size because the screws are tiny and thin but that's not ture. The trick is to use one that LOOKS to be just a bit bigger, which is really the correct size screw driver to use.

The screws are tiny so you will need to go to a hobby shop of somekind to get the correct screw. it doesn't have to be the same size just about the same size would work. but this time use a bigger screw driver.

I've never had problems with that screwdriver on any of the other MGs. There's something different in the pieces that's getting the screw stuck. The screw head wore out because I was very forcefully trying to turn it.
I certainly hope I wouldn't have to go to a hobby shop to find screws, there aren't too many in my area. Hardware shops would be more convenient.

dj898 2007-02-27 18:59

from the rumour I heared/read we will see MG Zork sometime this year though I'm not sure whether that will be 100th MG...
Probably not me think...

Sadly no mention of MG GunTank anywhere which means we won't see MG GunTank for very long time.

EZNic 2007-02-27 20:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by justsomeguy (Post 846755)
I've never had problems with that screwdriver on any of the other MGs. There's something different in the pieces that's getting the screw stuck. The screw head wore out because I was very forcefully trying to turn it.
I certainly hope I wouldn't have to go to a hobby shop to find screws, there aren't too many in my area. Hardware shops would be more convenient.

Screw driver tips get wore out too not just screws. Using the incorrect screw drivers on screws will also damage them too. so just because they got the job done before doesn't mean they can get the same job done again.

if it's the correct size, you wouldn't wore out the screw head even if you forcefully try to turn it on. this is of course base on the user using the screw driver correcty by inserting even force on the screw head while turning and not just turning without inserting enough force for the screw head and the screw driver tip to mate correctly.

The reason I said hobby shops is because normal hardware stores wouldn't have those tiny screws since 99.9999999% of their customers wouldn't need to buy them for their job. you can also try radio shack and maybe some computer stores since they might have similar screws used on mounting drives or small fans.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:28.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions Inc.