AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

LoweGear 2008-07-22 23:39

HG 1/144 00 Gundam preview:



Looking good, and gives us a better idea of how the 00's rifles/blades work. :love:

Also:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gunota Headlines

HG 00 Gundam - October, 1,050 yen
HG GN Arms Type D + Gundam Dynames - w/ GN beam pistol + holster, September, 6,300 yen



LightningZERO 2008-07-23 01:10

So 00 has 2 of the GN Sword IIs? Interesting

JackRydden224 2008-07-23 01:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by LightningZERO (Post 1749522)
So 00 has 2 of the GN Sword IIs? Interesting

I think the two swords hanging at its hips are GN Blades like the Exia had. So many GN Blade II :heh:??

The GN Sword II is the sword/rifle combo.

LoweGear 2008-07-23 01:36

One strange thing to note about the HG 1/144 00: It doesn't look like it's following the simplified animation lineart as with previous HG's, but the original detailed version, judging from the line detail and the arms.

A move to improve the look of the HG line to the direction the 1/100's took?

Rey Za Burrel 2008-07-23 02:19

OO now has two side skirts ( Exia didnt ) so I hope the Dual Gunblade wont fall off easily like the GN blades :D
Definitely will grab it , cheap and nice :D , can say that I will buy it for the gunblades

JackRydden224 2008-07-23 03:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoweGear (Post 1749554)
One strange thing to note about the HG 1/144 00: It doesn't look like it's following the simplified animation lineart as with previous HG's, but the original detailed version, judging from the line detail and the arms.

A move to improve the look of the HG line to the direction the 1/100's took?

Can you explain your last sentence a bit? Are we going to get better 1/100 kits or HG 1/144 kits?

Thanks!

duotiga 2008-07-23 04:19

00 Gundam definitely looks gd nw....finally type D is out....

MakubeX2 2008-07-23 04:23

A nagging suspicion here. The HG Exia cost 1200 yen, yet this HG OO is slated to cost just 1000 yen amidst the rising cost of oil and all it's related products.

Is Bandai so kind to cut cost for fans or is there some catch to it, or could it be just a misprint ?

LightningZERO 2008-07-23 05:27

It's subjected to change, and probably haven't include the tax

Ardi220288 2008-07-23 06:52

wow looks a lot better (despite being 1/144) than when I Look at the lineart

duotiga 2008-07-23 06:57

Another Zaku II coming out also!!!!

MG MS-06R2 Johnny Ridden's Zaku Ver. 2.0 - September, 4,725 yen

LightningZERO 2008-07-23 07:01

Ugghhh....attack of Zaku again

duotiga 2008-07-23 07:23

i prefer the black tri-star ver than this 1.....Johnny Ridden's ver leg armour kinda weird to me....

Delusional 2008-07-23 07:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by duotiga (Post 1750016)
i prefer the black tri-star ver than this 1.....Johnny Ridden's ver leg armour kinda weird to me....

Well, it's the High Mobility variation, so there're definitely differences here and there.

LoweGear 2008-07-23 07:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackRydden224 (Post 1749720)
Can you explain your last sentence a bit? Are we going to get better 1/100 kits or HG 1/144 kits?

Thanks!

I meant HG 1/144 kits getting better. The 1/100 started branching out of the "scaled up HG 1/144" system starting with the 1/100 Infinite Justice Gundam, when they used the new BEE-Craft art to base the models on instead of the animation lineart. And it seems we're seeing the 1/144 HG's catch up to that improvement.

Derringer 2008-07-23 09:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakubeX2 (Post 1749745)
A nagging suspicion here. The HG Exia cost 1200 yen, yet this HG OO is slated to cost just 1000 yen amidst the rising cost of oil and all it's related products.

Is Bandai so kind to cut cost for fans or is there some catch to it, or could it be just a misprint ?


Yes, I bet there's no beam saber parts.

Quote:

I meant HG 1/144 kits getting better. The 1/100 started branching out of the "scaled up HG 1/144" system starting with the 1/100 Infinite Justice Gundam, when they used the new BEE-Craft art to base the models on instead of the animation lineart. And it seems we're seeing the 1/144 HG's catch up to that improvement.
Except these are being done by their own mecha designers, and not being re-interpreted by someone else.

LoweGear 2008-07-23 09:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derringer (Post 1750329)
Except these are being done by their own mecha designers, and not being re-interpreted by someone else.

Doesn't matter; what's important is that they're basing their models on new and improved lineart instead of the normally disproportionate base animation lineart. And it looks like the latest batch of 00 S2 HG's are going the same route hopefully.

Derringer 2008-07-23 10:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoweGear (Post 1750337)
Doesn't matter; what's important is that they're basing their models on new and improved lineart instead of the normally disproportionate base animation lineart. And it looks like the latest batch of 00 S2 HG's are going the same route hopefully.

Though, on the other hand, Okawara's animation lineart and the detailed lineart looked more or less the same.

duotiga 2008-07-23 10:20

hhmm...since type D is out...will they milk out kyrios with weapons container/missile launcher & 1/100 Nadleeh? since they are shown as exhibit only in the previous toy show......

LoweGear 2008-07-23 10:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derringer (Post 1750362)
Though, on the other hand, Okawara's animation lineart and the detailed lineart looked more or less the same.

Okawara's lineart have been used for both animation and Gunpla model bases most of the time, especially during the 90's (And the 1/100 "HG" for G, Wing and X were just blown up 1/144's in proportions with just an overdose of extraneous panel lines :eyespin: ). Only with the 1/100 I-J did they stray away from that practice.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:15.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions Inc.