AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

Amber.Dawn 2009-07-04 20:30

Not sure whether to get the normal or Ignition Exia. I don't care about Exia R1, or the LED, but I do like shiny things....

~Destiny~ 2009-07-04 21:48

Lol...

I thought this was pretty unique :heh:

StratoSpear 2009-07-04 21:51

Oh.My.God..... Honestly

yusawateva 2009-07-04 22:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by StratoSpear (Post 2492844)
Oh.My.God..... Honestly

beautiful....

evolution_ayu 2009-07-05 00:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonicSP (Post 2489786)
Any idea on how much you usually mix with a normal paint to obtain the a good flat finish normally?

A little bit (10-20%) should suffice. For people who add Flat Base to Future to obtain a flat top coat, too much would yield a cloudy paint. But once again if you use a flat top coat at the end of your painting job, there really isn't a need to get a flat finish before that. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbotmonster (Post 2492753)
does anyone know or guess what type of tamiya paints was used to paint this MG Exia or techniques to make it look this good on the flickr link

My guess would be a Cobalt Blue + Blue + Black combination for the blue bits. Red + Black (tiny bit) would give the dark red color instead of the typical Red Madder / Wine Red color practically every model uses. Gunmetal or Silver + Smoke Gray should give you a metallic finish on the gray parts. Finally, it's the high-level skill of subtle panel shading (look at its left leg), and the great lighting that gives you such an awesome looking MG Exia.

SonicSP 2009-07-05 01:58

Thanks alot for your answers so far.I appreciate it.

Got another paint questions regarding clear colors:

For example,clear blue is a mix of clear paint and blue right.......so if I were to take a clear paint[Specifically, Mr. Color 46 Clear] and mix it with pink[Specifically,Mr. Color 63 Pink] would I get a clear pink color?Not very knowledgable with paints at the moment.....

Trying to get clear pink so I can color HG Gundam 00 series's Original Gundams beam sabers,which are a little bit too red I think unless in direct light.....

GameraBaenre 2009-07-05 02:20

The mg exia was done with the following:
Internals: Finisher's Gloss Black, with Alclad II Steel sprayed over it.
Blue: Finisher's Wolf Blue base, post shaded with Finisher's Super Fine Cobalt Blue
Red: Mr Color Wine red for the base, and Finisher's bright red for post shading

Decals are waterslide decals from samueldecal using the 1/100 exia ver ka decals.

Panel lines were done with a wash of tamiya enamels thinned with lighter fluid

Then the final clear coat is Mr Color Super Clear Flat.

Eyes, forehead and back of head piece were done with aurora decals from akocreation.

Amber.Dawn 2009-07-05 04:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Destiny~ (Post 2492837)
Lol...

I thought this was pretty unique :heh:

...a tie with Turn A for me.

RedWing 2009-07-05 10:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightwing(T_T) (Post 2489085)

OMG I am in Love. A bit bulkier than i would've like but still awesome.

Patriot's Blade 2009-07-05 11:53

uh, what!?

randus 2009-07-05 12:21

It's a replica of Quattro's shaver holder! XD
Can't miss out on custom bathroom equipment while in space now can he?

yeahitschris 2009-07-05 20:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoweGear (Post 2488963)
The Action Base 1 (above) is a general purpose stand for 1/100 and 1/144 kits, while the Action Base 2 (below) is a smaller, cheaper stand strictly for 1/144 scale models (well technically speaking you can still attach 1/100 models to the Action Base 2, just that the stand is so small it wouldn't be practical :heh: ). The Action Base 2 also has extra articulation in the form of an additional joint at the top allowing for sideways rolling motion.

If you're just a 1/144 collector get the Action Base 2, though if you want some height to your displays, or collect 1/100 models as well (or you just desire a much larger base) get the Action Base 1.

ooh okay, thanks thanks :D

bbotmonster 2009-07-05 23:48

appreciate the tips evolution_ayu and GameraBaenre

This is my last picture color scheme question that Im not sure how to get done.

Glad to hear your opinion or anyone else on how to replicate this paint job

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y16...d_gundam_1.jpg

zero.sympathy 2009-07-06 07:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by GameraBaenre (Post 2493150)
Blue: Finisher's Wolf Blue base, post shaded with Finisher's Super Fine Cobalt Blue

Decals are waterslide decals from samueldecal using the 1/100 exia ver ka decals.

Eyes, forehead and back of head piece were done with aurora decals from akocreation.

I'm gonna take it that you were the one who built the MG Exia that was on display at AX? I think your posts about when you had the Exia and commented on its R1 head became a dead giveaway after the flickr link and one of Ngee Khiong's most recent posts. If it really was you... seriously, nice job. o.O

jonli 2009-07-06 07:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbotmonster (Post 2495183)

WHOA!

I'd never have thought the day would come where I'd appreciate Legend's design.

evolution_ayu 2009-07-06 10:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonicSP (Post 2493123)
Thanks alot for your answers so far.I appreciate it.

Got another paint questions regarding clear colors:

For example,clear blue is a mix of clear paint and blue right.......so if I were to take a clear paint[Specifically, Mr. Color 46 Clear] and mix it with pink[Specifically,Mr. Color 63 Pink] would I get a clear pink color?Not very knowledgable with paints at the moment.....

Trying to get clear pink so I can color HG Gundam 00 series's Original Gundams beam sabers,which are a little bit too red I think unless in direct light.....

Clear Blue is not Clear + Blue. Opaque and clear paints are different. To replicate the beam saber color, you may wish to use a thin layer of Clear Red. If it's too red for you, add increasing amounts of Clear Blue. The thicker the layer of clear paint, the darker the clear part becomes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GameraBaenre (Post 2493150)

Wow you got hold of the kit so early and finished it so fast! Awesome

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbotmonster (Post 2495183)

This should have been modified using MG kit internals (see the MG Freedom-style knee for example). There is also some considerable amount of detail modification. The shading looks daunting to replicate but I'd say it could be done before laying on the Silver. I heard that Gaia Notes' Silver can achieve a higher level of shine than the Gunze Sangyo/Mr Color line.

GameraBaenre 2009-07-06 14:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by zero.sympathy (Post 2495804)
I'm gonna take it that you were the one who built the MG Exia that was on display at AX? I think your posts about when you had the Exia and commented on its R1 head became a dead giveaway after the flickr link and one of Ngee Khiong's most recent posts. If it really was you... seriously, nice job. o.O

Well, I had help from a group of friends. The vendor has a contact with bandai and wanted the kit completed, so he contacted me when he got the kit. I took tons of pictures while building it, but I cannot post them until the damn kit gets released :D

But I wasn't the only that worked on the 00 Riser or Exia. I had a team of model builders that helped out. And if it wasn't for their efforts, it would not have happened.

On a side note, here are some pictures I took at AX as well as a small blurb from my perspective...
http://gamerabaenre.com/?p=814

bbotmonster 2009-07-06 14:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by GameraBaenre (Post 2496474)
Well, I had help from a group of friends. The vendor has a contact with bandai and wanted the kit completed, so he contacted me when he got the kit. I took tons of pictures while building it, but I cannot post them until the damn kit gets released :D

But I wasn't the only that worked on the 00 Riser or Exia. I had a team of model builders that helped out. And if it wasn't for their efforts, it would not have happened.

On a side note, here are some pictures I took at AX as well as a small blurb from my perspective...

kudos on the skills. Seriously nice work and Im even happier now that you were nice enough in sharing your paint recipe. ^_^ Once again beautiful work on that kit.

Un1ver5e 2009-07-06 19:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by GameraBaenre (Post 2496474)

Quote:

Originally Posted by GameraBaenre (Post 2483708)
I was lucky and got some up close and personal experience with the kit.

Now this makes sense. :heh:

Great job on both the 00 and the Exia. I love how the shading was done.

yeahitschris 2009-07-08 02:08

will the MG exia ignition mode going to have a stand included?