AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

OmegaZEROCustom 2006-06-28 00:42

LOL, thats great. I love the sign. I was thinking earlier when you posted the in-prog pics that a Purple Heart would look good over the left chest vent, but the sign is just perfect.

ryan123 2006-06-28 06:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nesty
that's a steal, everyplace u go to in toronto for that model is over 90 dollars. i got my zeta v2 as a present from my uncle who told me it would be around 70 yen in hongkong

lmao gamera that's a wicked mecha haha very fun ^_^

hope to hear how it goes man at the con as well as some possible vids :P

sorry but i dont think its a good deal for 60 CAD u can probably get both Mk2.0 and Zeta 2.0 from rainbowten

nightbringer360 2006-06-28 06:51

kct - It really depends on what you want - they're pretty much the same model, the differences are minor and in the main cosmetic.

The C1 is a dark gray colour, as opposed to the A1's milky-white and red. The C1 has some propellant tanks attached to it, and a slightly different nose-shield to the A1.
The A1 has a beam rifle, as opposed to the C1's beam smartgun (much bigger, and part of the nose-shield).
The models do suffer from a weak back-hip connection though - my painted A1 frequently comes apart at the waist block.

Personally, I'd suggest getting the Z v2, as it seems this problem was properly fixed in that iteration of the Zeta.

Nesty 2006-06-28 07:42

lol awesome finish to that gm man :P

X207 2006-06-28 07:43

pretty damn funny sign

duotiga 2006-06-28 11:06

more on Stargazer lineart on Gunota

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Future Stargazer HG lineups
From the special DVD that came with HG Strike Noir:
HG Black Dagger
HG DSSD Astray
¶ 7:14 AM

The_Marshal_AEB 2006-06-28 14:20

Damn I missed buying the Strike Noir while I was placing an ordered it runed out of stock :( anyway am getting other gunpla and I'll wait for all the STARGAZER items to be released and buy them as a set :p
Wish to watch the dvd or at least check the special guide scans :(

M_Flores 2006-06-28 21:58

Do you guys have any broken parts stories?

I do >.<
I kinda snapped a little piece of my ∞ Justice's hand trying to change weapons, damnit!! There's nothing really changed about it. It's just the little small piece that connects the fingers, so it doesnt really make a difference. But its still an awkward feeling at the back of your mind, that you KNOW its broken something.
I hate it v.v...

zetra 2006-06-28 22:39

So do I.
Anyone here have 1/100 ∞ justice??

kct 2006-06-29 12:15

One of them here have it. Check the previous pages <.< .

Fafnir 2006-06-29 17:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by M_Flores
Do you guys have any broken parts stories?

I do >.<
I kinda snapped a little piece of my ∞ Justice's hand trying to change weapons, damnit!! There's nothing really changed about it. It's just the little small piece that connects the fingers, so it doesnt really make a difference. But its still an awkward feeling at the back of your mind, that you KNOW its broken something.
I hate it v.v...

Wing of my Zeta Plus C1 broke off when it fell right after I finished building it and was taking it to my room to display on my desk(with my other models).

Also, is it just me, or do the screws on the EX-S gundam do nothing? I need to get some model glue to glue the shoulders and wing binders in place. (not to mention the wing on my Z plus C1).

subaruhess 2006-06-29 18:22

Finally managed to finish my 1/100 infinite justice! Before you ask I modified the beam edges for the flight lifter and the leg beams. The ones supplied with the kit dont not have any texture, so I made my own. The green markings on the chest were spray painted.

http://static.flickr.com/54/176459464_fedff80ec9_o.jpg
http://static.flickr.com/46/177812545_5aacfdda1c_o.jpg
http://static.flickr.com/70/177812546_e99776371c_o.jpg
http://static.flickr.com/64/177812547_29efa8b8e1_o.jpg
http://static.flickr.com/64/177812548_7ef5b7cc8f_o.jpg

Akyra 2006-06-29 19:00

Yeh, I broke my SF hands as well. But I used the plastic cement thing to glue it back together and swore to never change/move it again. Lolz. I have the I Justice as well, but have to wait till my dad come back with that and the Legend.

=D

Knightmare213 2006-06-30 02:12

:D Calling all Gunpla veterans and semi-beginners!:D

I hadn't check every posts for beginners' tips (if anyone had posted that kind of stuff), but I would like some for I finally have money to buy at least two HG 1/100 models, Aile Strike and ZAKU Phantom, Rey ver.

I'm just asking for people advice for this beginner here to start on his new hobby for the summer. What should I do when a part breaks (as the subject is now the popular topic in this thread right now), should I get paints, how can I find decals and design them and put them on the models...etc.

I may ask further questions starting next week, as I'm planning to buy the models mentioned above next Monday or so. I'll also be posting pictures to show my progress as well as what I should do next.

Please respond positively on this post! I really want to get into this stuff!!!!

OmegaZEROCustom 2006-06-30 03:15

Part breaks kind of vary depending on the severity of the damage IMO. A semi-deep gouge or a snapped peg (like the ZAKU's ankle armor on teh front side) can usually be repaired with putty for the first and cement for the second. If the part is destroyed, you can contact Bandai to get a replacement, but they say they only do it once if it's customer created damage. If it comes to you that way, you have to take a picture of it in teh unopened bags and they will replace it free.

As far as paints go, the 1/100HG's, while semi good as far as colors go, still need painting to be color accurate. I like to airbrush my kits now that I have had about a year of practice (and totally messed up about 5 HG's in the process, which was a good learning experience and when my MG Strike was finished, it made it that much more sweet when I felt it was done somewhat good for sokeone of my skill level.).

I've never had custom decals printed yet (I'm looking for a good suggestion for a site that can too since I have an idea I want to approach) but I have ordered decals from SamuelDecal.com and I am impressed with the results. Crisp and thin and the prices seem pretty good IMO.

Knightmare213 2006-06-30 23:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by OmegaZEROCustom
Part breaks kind of vary depending on the severity of the damage IMO. A semi-deep gouge or a snapped peg (like the ZAKU's ankle armor on teh front side) can usually be repaired with putty for the first and cement for the second. If the part is destroyed, you can contact Bandai to get a replacement, but they say they only do it once if it's customer created damage. If it comes to you that way, you have to take a picture of it in teh unopened bags and they will replace it free.

That's a good thing to know. Thanks.

Quote:

As far as paints go, the 1/100HG's, while semi good as far as colors go, still need painting to be color accurate. I like to airbrush my kits now that I have had about a year of practice (and totally messed up about 5 HG's in the process, which was a good learning experience and when my MG Strike was finished, it made it that much more sweet when I felt it was done somewhat good for sokeone of my skill level.).

So...does that mean that when I make a mistake of painting a part of a HG 1/100 ZAKU Phantom model, there are no method to wiping the paint off?:confused:

Quote:

I've never had custom decals printed yet (I'm looking for a good suggestion for a site that can too since I have an idea I want to approach) but I have ordered decals from SamuelDecal.com and I am impressed with the results. Crisp and thin and the prices seem pretty good IMO.

Checked the site...but not exactly what I looking for. Is it possible to buy a certain decal parts so that you can create one of your own from scratch?

OmegaZEROCustom 2006-07-01 01:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knightmare213
So...does that mean that when I make a mistake of painting a part of a HG 1/100 ZAKU Phantom model, there are no method to wiping the paint off?:confused:

Checked the site...but not exactly what I looking for. Is it possible to buy a certain decal parts so that you can create one of your own from scratch?

As far as the paint goes, not at all. It is fairly easy to fix a mistake, though be prepared to possibly have to strip and repain the part depending on teh method you use to paint. If airbrushing, sometimes it can be brushed over and fixed. When I handbrushed, I used to have to redo the part if I messed up. Either way, any painting mistake can be fixed, it just may take more work depending on teh mistake.

As for the decals, you could get them custom printed but you'd have to design your own sheet of decals and find a printing service or you can get them printed through SamuelDecal (I think). Otherwise, there isn't really a good way to get a mix of decals. If you want some general decals, check GundamStoreandmore.com as they have some of the Bandai waterslide decals, including a general SEED sheet that has ZAFT logo's and such that would go well on teh Blaze ZAKU.

sandrum 2006-07-01 06:48

I have a question. Has anyone purchased the 1/60 HG-ex version of the V2 Gundam? If so are there any opinions about it? I've been waiting for YEARS for bandai to bring out an MG version OR a Fix Figuration of it and I'm about at the end of my wits. I bought the 1/100 HG of the V gundam but wasn't impressed with it, largely because of its inconsistencies in the core fighter and body. I'm looking at the 1/60 V2 and I like what I see, but I'm wondering if anyone has had problems with it.

ryan123 2006-07-01 09:17

do u guys think this compressor will be enough for me to use for airbrushing?
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=92403

duotiga 2006-07-01 10:22

1/60 V2 is not recommended...is very unstable and ugly kit......