AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

M_Flores 2007-06-09 06:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by duotiga (Post 985193)
all along is on top what.....did you see the ova when Heero come out of Wing Zero after the blast to the internal base?:rolleyes:


Yes, Heero came out of the torso, from what I remember.

mangatron 2007-06-09 14:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by M_Flores (Post 985429)
Yes, Heero came out of the torso, from what I remember.

That's what I remember too. Even my brother noted that to me in my MG and PG Wing Zero, he had recently re-watched that OVA and he said "I thought the cockpit was in the torso(waist)/belly/abdomen" :heh:

Gevurah 2007-06-09 16:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by GameraBaenre (Post 978707)
Anime Expo
June 29 - July 2 2007
Long Beach Convention Center
http://www.anime-expo.org/

Model contest info:
http://www.anime-expo.org/?q=professional/...t/model_contest

Gundam and Resin Figure model building seminar schedule and room location:

"Gundam Models & Resin Building Seminar: Basics"
Friday, June 29
Workshops 1 (LBCC 104C)
1:30 PM - 3:30 PM

"Gundam Models & Resin Building Seminar: Advanced Techniques"
Saturday, June 30
Workshops 2 (LBCC 103)
3:30 PM - 5:30 PM

"Gundam Models & Resin Building Seminar: Start to Finish"
Sunday, July 1
Workshops 2 (LBCC 103)
1:30 PM - 3:30 PM

I wasn't able to make it last year because I had to work for that one day. I'll be here this time and it's nice to know that the dates are staggered just in case I miss one.

dodgethis_sg 2007-06-09 22:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by duotiga (Post 985193)
all along is on top what.....did you see the ova when Heero come out of Wing Zero after the blast to the internal base?:rolleyes:

Evidence 1 (common sense)

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h5...0610112207.jpg

After WZC fired off all three shots of the TBR, the carcass of whatever's left fell to the ground. The torso fell back to the ground flat on it's back. How Heero exited is by climbing up, out of the cockpit, not crawling out. This proves that the cockpit's hatch is mounted vertically when upright, the door's placement favouring a lower abodomen cockpit placing. Secondly with the all round view cockpit of the WZC, the location you claim does not allow it to be fitted as such, needing an additional hatch on the top of the sphere. Only a cockpit located in the lower torso has the space nessecary to hold such a cockpit.

Evidence 2 (screenshots)
This is a screenshot of the cockpit seconds before Heero exits. Notice the lack of machine cannon housings and the presence of the vents and red coloured portions.

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h5...0610110951.jpg

Now compare it to this picture of the WZC spreading it's signature wings. Note the lack of the red coloured parts and presense of machine cannon housings where you claim the cockpit to be.

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h5...0610111832.jpg

Now, where's the only portion of the torso where you see the red coloured parts?

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h5...0610112426.jpg

Why it was changed in the models kits could be due to the 'green ball thingy' blockin easy access to the cockpit. Thus having to change the location of the cockpit in the kits.

duotiga 2007-06-10 05:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by dodgethis_sg (Post 986463)
Evidence 1 (common sense)

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h5...0610112207.jpg

After WZC fired off all three shots of the TBR, the carcass of whatever's left fell to the ground. The torso fell back to the ground flat on it's back. How Heero exited is by climbing up, out of the cockpit, not crawling out. This proves that the cockpit's hatch is mounted vertically when upright, the door's placement favouring a lower abodomen cockpit placing. Secondly with the all round view cockpit of the WZC, the location you claim does not allow it to be fitted as such, needing an additional hatch on the top of the sphere. Only a cockpit located in the lower torso has the space nessecary to hold such a cockpit.

Evidence 2 (screenshots)
This is a screenshot of the cockpit seconds before Heero exits. Notice the lack of machine cannon housings and the presence of the vents and red coloured portions.

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h5...0610110951.jpg

Now compare it to this picture of the WZC spreading it's signature wings. Note the lack of the red coloured parts and presense of machine cannon housings where you claim the cockpit to be.

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h5...0610111832.jpg

Now, where's the only portion of the torso where you see the red coloured parts?

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h5...0610112426.jpg

Why it was changed in the models kits could be due to the 'green ball thingy' blockin easy access to the cockpit. Thus having to change the location of the cockpit in the kits.

common sense or not is up to you....your tonality still have to be improve.....
winner:rolleyes:

dodgethis_sg 2007-06-10 05:14

Haha. I discredited that sweeping, so-full-of-confidence statement of yours and you claim I'm giving you attitude. Common sense is also known as logic, ever heard of it?

Even if you disregarded that point because of the way I've so bluntly put it across (tonality is an actual word, but wrong context [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tonality], Tex), I've still proved you wrong with my second piece of evidence.

duotiga 2007-06-10 06:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by dodgethis_sg (Post 986868)
Haha. I discredited that sweeping, so-full-of-confidence statement of yours and you claim I'm giving you attitude. Common sense is also known as logic, ever heard of it?

Even if you disregarded that point because of the way I've so bluntly put it across (tonality is an actual word, but wrong context [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tonality], Tex), I've still proved you wrong with my second piece of evidence.

okie GOD.....do you make msitake before?:heh:

but in mahq.....

http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/w/l...w0-cockpit.jpg

http://www.dalong.net/review/pg/p05/p/p05_im0005.JPG

taken frm Dalong , PG Wing Zero

http://www.dalong.net/review/pg/p05/p/p05_08.jpg

MG Wing Zero
http://www.dalong.net/review/mg/m75/p/m75_10.jpg


another 1 frm 1999.co.jp PG Wing Zero
http://www.1999.co.jp/dbimages/user/.../10012734b.jpg

so ..all along they have made mistake by not follwoing the anime lineart? i am confuse........

so my qn is the anime shown is it a cockpit hatch or...escape hatch? so...GOD, who is right or wrong? i need your ans for clarification, GOD?

dodgethis_sg 2007-06-10 08:30

Why not? Kits have been to compromise accuracy for the sake of model-ification due to anime physics. And certain errors in kits have cause people to the actual MS is such due to their larger exposure to the kits. So the error carried on to the MG kit.

And escape hatches on an MS? That's a new one.

duotiga 2007-06-10 08:38

i thought they are suppose to conform to the anime? then why wing ver ka also have the same cockpit opening as mg wing zero custom? it shld be below also right?

http://www.dalong.net/review/mg/m69/p/m69_36.jpg

sorry eh...my absorption rate is kinda slow...can enlighten me somemore? how abt the orignal wing zero?

dodgethis_sg 2007-06-10 08:54

Like I said, not everything that is possible in the anime can be done when it comes to turning said subject model. IE Original MG Zeta's head couldn't be retracted into the torso when going into Waverider mode. Until the Ver 2.0 came along.

Heero Yuy. Standing. Location. Background. Self Destruct. 'Nuff said.

duotiga 2007-06-10 09:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by dodgethis_sg (Post 987077)
Like I said, not everything that is possible in the anime can be done when it comes to turning said subject model. IE Original MG Zeta's head couldn't be retracted into the torso when going into Waverider mode. Until the Ver 2.0 came along.

Heero Yuy. Standing. Location. Background. Self Destruct. 'Nuff said.

ok....as for the last sentence i only remeber correctly is it Wing n not Wing Zero?
:confused:

Critias 2007-06-10 14:38

Not to add fuel to this fire or anything, but why DOESN'T a MS have an escape hatch in case of emergencies or something?

I mean, in the case of the aforementioned WZC, the cockpit literally blew apart in Heero's face so I imagined the cockpit controls would cease to work. There's gotta be a manual override somewhere right? Or a hatch blows open if there is one? :confused:

And if I recall correctly, in Gundam X, X had sort of a manual override to its cockpit too didn't it? When Jamil manually opened The X's cockpit from OUTSIDE (hello security oversight). I'd think that would be the escape hatch or something similar right?

Anyways, MS's need escape hatches :p

thephreak 2007-06-10 14:43

how bout ejection seats? :)

TraitorJ 2007-06-10 15:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Critias (Post 987551)
Not to add fuel to this fire or anything, but why DOESN'T a MS have an escape hatch in case of emergencies or something?

I mean, in the case of the aforementioned WZC, the cockpit literally blew apart in Heero's face so I imagined the cockpit controls would cease to work. There's gotta be a manual override somewhere right? Or a hatch blows open if there is one? :confused:

And if I recall correctly, in Gundam X, X had sort of a manual override to its cockpit too didn't it? When Jamil manually opened The X's cockpit from OUTSIDE (hello security oversight). I'd think that would be the escape hatch or something similar right?

Anyways, MS's need escape hatches :p

I believe every MS has an external hatch control, or else you wouldn't be able to enter it. Yes you could leave the hatch open, but let's say you have a pilot who's unconcious, how do you get them out if there isn't an external control? Gundam 0083 is a good example of showing pilots using these hatches, and most MG models have stickers for the external hatch control.

philmein 2007-06-10 15:44

Just a question regarding the MG Wing Zero Custom. Does anyone own it? How is it? WHat are the flaws?

I'm considering buying that. I know it got a 96 from Dalong which is great, but I need the details on why it lost the 4 points.

thephreak 2007-06-10 15:52

honestly, i dont read korean so i dont know why it lost 4 points, but i own one and i dont have any complaints about it. it has great posability, although i really hate that it only has 2 weapons...:(, the saber and the cannon. and its relatively easy to build. i painted my wing zero jet black with silver trim

Fome 2007-06-10 16:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by philmein (Post 987666)
Just a question regarding the MG Wing Zero Custom. Does anyone own it? How is it? WHat are the flaws?

I'm considering buying that. I know it got a 96 from Dalong which is great, but I need the details on why it lost the 4 points.

I just finished putting together this kit yesterday. It is beautiful model, with excellent proportions and gorgeous wings. The wing tips are made with a flexible soft plastic, and the wing mechanism itself is a marvel of engineering. Like most new MGs, the shoulders are able to flex forward, allowing the arms to cross in front of the torso to do the Twin Buster Rifle pose. The knees are very articulate, but the hip joint is not quite as articulate as i wanted, as you cannot make the legs spread apart sideways very much.

There are some inconsistencies in joint strength in the wings. For my kit, some joints on the left or right side were weaker than their opposite counterparts, and it wasn't because I built it poorly. Some supposedly symmetrical pieces are actually off by about a hair, which affects joint rigidity. However, I find this to be a minor issue. You can easily make joints more rigid by padding the connection point (I used the plastic from the bags holding the part trees, lol).

Thankfully, the arms and legs on my kit were adequately stiff. It can hold the beam rifles 90 degrees straight forward with ease. The hands are still the old MG 3 digit hands, and while firmer than others I've seen, I would have preferred several different unmovable hands for holding weapons and posing.

Overall, the final piece is some real eye candy. The small gripes do not detract from it too much.

philmein 2007-06-10 16:29

Well, it looks like I will be getting it then.

Thanks Fome for a detailed (but not necessary) report, and also, thanks to phreak as well.

thephreak 2007-06-10 16:43

since were on the topic of askin for suggestions i might as well join. In the near future i will be able to get another kit and i am undecided between the Nu and the Hi-Nu. while i like the simple design and the old-school feel of Nu, i cant deny how nice the Hi-Nu looks either, so can anyone give me suggestions to the pros and cons of the kits? i would just use dalong, but i cant read Korean. besides their only difference is 2points

dodgethis_sg 2007-06-10 16:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Critias (Post 987551)
Not to add fuel to this fire or anything, but why DOESN'T a MS have an escape hatch in case of emergencies or something?

I mean, in the case of the aforementioned WZC, the cockpit literally blew apart in Heero's face so I imagined the cockpit controls would cease to work. There's gotta be a manual override somewhere right? Or a hatch blows open if there is one? :confused:

And if I recall correctly, in Gundam X, X had sort of a manual override to its cockpit too didn't it? When Jamil manually opened The X's cockpit from OUTSIDE (hello security oversight). I'd think that would be the escape hatch or something similar right?

Anyways, MS's need escape hatches :p

Escape hatch != Cockpit hatch with manual override. The escape hatch, if there was one, would be seperate and further away from the main one. IE the M60 MBT has a small hatch right at the bottom of the hull and crew compartment.

aikming 2007-06-10 23:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by philmein (Post 987666)
Just a question regarding the MG Wing Zero Custom. Does anyone own it? How is it? WHat are the flaws?

I'm considering buying that. I know it got a 96 from Dalong which is great, but I need the details on why it lost the 4 points.

Own MG Wing Zero custom. My first MG and one of my favourite.

The only drawback is the beam rifle. The rifles are heavy and I wasn't able to mount it as the pose in Endless Waltz, ie beam rifle in the middle of the chest. Fingers are not strong enough and the arms are not long enough for that pose.
Otherwise, I like everything that Wing zero custom has to offer.
Nevertheless, it's a good purchase.

Meehlimo 2007-06-11 01:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by thephreak (Post 987561)
how bout ejection seats? :)

The RX-79G ground type gundam has ejection seats i bet the ground type gms do as well.

Subarunyon 2007-06-11 01:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by mangatron (Post 981045)
For the Seed series, the first model's were usually the 1/100's no? They are no grade too so.....:heh:

http://www.hlj.com/hljlist2/?Dis=2&M...ategory=SciGun

This stuff is what usually comes out first, but no one really cares about them so it looks like the 1/100 always comes first XD;

In hindsight I guess it's just the main mechs and grunts that comes out as 1/144 no grade first /ok which makes it all the more likely that our new AD hero is coming out in 1/144 no grade

dodgethis_sg 2007-06-11 08:05

http://www2.moeyo.com/img/07/06/10/3/303.JPG

Taken from moeyo, a great blog. At least it isn't radical a rethinking as the actual Ver Ka. Turn A. At least the man's returning to his roots of cleanup for model translation.

duotiga 2007-06-11 09:36

some update news on MG turn A.
Found a news that this time also got limited pack..

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o...4417c1e14b.jpg

Dvd & others item add on to the limited pack..

GameraBaenre 2007-06-11 14:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gevurah (Post 986057)
I wasn't able to make it last year because I had to work for that one day. I'll be here this time and it's nice to know that the dates are staggered just in case I miss one.

Then I hope you are able to come on the day that most interests you. The three seminars are going to have different content - so each day has a different focus for the workshop.

duotiga 2007-06-12 05:48

BB Senshi Shibai Sazabi

http://hobby-midori-apron.com/img-ap...ou/pn-0761.JPG

Gevurah 2007-06-12 07:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by GameraBaenre (Post 989151)
Then I hope you are able to come on the day that most interests you. The three seminars are going to have different content - so each day has a different focus for the workshop.

Indeed. I'm really looking forward to the advanced techniques seminar the most. :D

trowa babeliii 2007-06-12 07:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meehlimo (Post 988335)
The RX-79G ground type gundam has ejection seats i bet the ground type gms do as well.

not sure if the argument is still in progress, but gundams typically have no escape hatch. however, other ms do have escape hatches. most prominently are thoes seen in gundam V. in fact, gundam V and V2 do have some sort of escape hatches, they escape by transforming into their small plane and throwing away the legs and body.

but for gundam wing, they certainly don't have escape hatches. reason being in the story line, gundams and gundam pilots go down together. in one of the scenes, the scientists told the pilots that they will surrender, but will not give out their gundams. Heero Yuy then self-destruct his gundam. For the rest of the gundam pilots, they also did not run away abandoning their gundams, but stayed to be be captured or tried to self-destruct. so for gundam wing, it was never built with a escape hatch, because the pilots are not expected to run away.

as for the hatch argument, yes, there is a direct change of the cockpit placement. the torso-area cockpit originated from gundam wing, not wing custom. it somehow makes it more in line with the story, because the 5 gundams are the same design and heavy-arms custom cannot have the cockpit in the non-torso due to it's 2 rotating cannon design. in fact in the movie the cockpit quite so stays put, for all 5 gundams. noticed we never saw how heero went into zero, probably they wanted to blur out this error. however, the torso cockpit design also makes the bird's eye camera(chest green part) quite useless, which is very important to the success of zero, and they tried to make up for such a mistake by changing the model. i'm not really sure which is the better one. both have pros and cons. in fact, if u do check with other gundam models, their cockpits ranges inbetween the chest and the torso. it is therefore also possible the cockpit we are talking about can move from the chest area to the torso area for battle purposes. this wasn't said, but considering wing 0 is a transformable model, it is quite possible.

trowa babeliii 2007-06-12 07:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by dodgethis_sg (Post 987077)
Like I said, not everything that is possible in the anime can be done when it comes to turning said subject model. IE Original MG Zeta's head couldn't be retracted into the torso when going into Waverider mode. Until the Ver 2.0 came along.

Heero Yuy. Standing. Location. Background. Self Destruct. 'Nuff said.

uhmm, i happened to have gotten one recently, the head could retract actually. u just need to change the crest to the moveable one. and it comes with led light bubs! =)

Meehlimo 2007-06-12 15:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by trowa babeliii (Post 990406)
not sure if the argument is still in progress, but gundams typically have no escape hatch. however, other ms do have escape hatches. most prominently are thoes seen in gundam V. in fact, gundam V and V2 do have some sort of escape hatches, they escape by transforming into their small plane and throwing away the legs and body.

but for gundam wing, they certainly don't have escape hatches. reason being in the story line, gundams and gundam pilots go down together. in one of the scenes, the scientists told the pilots that they will surrender, but will not give out their gundams. Heero Yuy then self-destruct his gundam. For the rest of the gundam pilots, they also did not run away abandoning their gundams, but stayed to be be captured or tried to self-destruct. so for gundam wing, it was never built with a escape hatch, because the pilots are not expected to run away.

as for the hatch argument, yes, there is a direct change of the cockpit placement. the torso-area cockpit originated from gundam wing, not wing custom. it somehow makes it more in line with the story, because the 5 gundams are the same design and heavy-arms custom cannot have the cockpit in the non-torso due to it's 2 rotating cannon design. in fact in the movie the cockpit quite so stays put, for all 5 gundams. noticed we never saw how heero went into zero, probably they wanted to blur out this error. however, the torso cockpit design also makes the bird's eye camera(chest green part) quite useless, which is very important to the success of zero, and they tried to make up for such a mistake by changing the model. i'm not really sure which is the better one. both have pros and cons. in fact, if u do check with other gundam models, their cockpits ranges inbetween the chest and the torso. it is therefore also possible the cockpit we are talking about can move from the chest area to the torso area for battle purposes. this wasn't said, but considering wing 0 is a transformable model, it is quite possible.

Maybe all so but that doesnt mean there isnt things we havent seen on these ms that the creators have never shown. For example how in the manga WZC'S twin buster rifle can be split and mounted on the back of the back most wings tho none of the current kits can do this theres always things they will add if they feel it will benifit if they really wanted to they could have done both cockpits on wzc they just felt one was enough.:D

p.s the ground type gundam deff has ejection seats hence when shiro bailed out while free falling off a mountain cliff prob saved his life.:heh:

trowa babeliii 2007-06-12 22:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meehlimo (Post 990893)
Maybe all so but that doesnt mean there isnt things we havent seen on these ms that the creators have never shown. For example how in the manga WZC'S twin buster rifle can be split and mounted on the back of the back most wings tho none of the current kits can do this theres always things they will add if they feel it will benifit if they really wanted to they could have done both cockpits on wzc they just felt one was enough.:D

p.s the ground type gundam deff has ejection seats hence when shiro bailed out while free falling off a mountain cliff prob saved his life.:heh:

well, I really do hope they do such a thing as an escape hatch later. =) for only 1 reason, i'm very interested to know how can they engineer such thing into a gundam model. now that the master grade gundams are already packed with a lot of things inside.

what does a gundam deff look like? just for information sake, because i have not seen 1 and my knowledge of gundams are quite limited. thks in advance.

Meehlimo 2007-06-12 23:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by trowa babeliii (Post 991438)
well, I really do hope they do such a thing as an escape hatch later. =) for only 1 reason, i'm very interested to know how can they engineer such thing into a gundam model. now that the master grade gundams are already packed with a lot of things inside.

what does a gundam deff look like? just for information sake, because i have not seen 1 and my knowledge of gundams are quite limited. thks in advance.

i was saying the ground type gundam DEFFINETLY has a ejection seat lol its not a new kind of ms :heh:

trowa babeliii 2007-06-13 01:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meehlimo (Post 991470)
i was saying the ground type gundam DEFFINETLY has a ejection seat lol its not a new kind of ms :heh:

I trust you for that, what i meant was a escape hatch. To me they are quite different. the escape hatch to me will be more complicated, and can allow the pilot to like be ejected as a escape pod or something, hmmmm

dodgethis_sg 2007-06-13 05:57

[IMG]http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h5...1711725973.jpg[/IMG]

Courtesy of 4chan.

bagelsncheesey 2007-06-13 19:44

Hey everbody, i'm a noob here and just getting into building Gundams. I really need your help to identify the image below. What model is it, what scale, and how do I get my hands on one? I really wanna build this Gundam!!! Also, is there any kind of list showing what Gundam models are available? Maybe even a release date list? Thanks guys.

http://www.dannychoo.com/images/phot...humbs/4720.jpg

dodgethis_sg 2007-06-13 20:02

Forgor the name but you can search www.e2046.com for it as that's a resin kit. You have a choice of a conversion for one of the MG RX-78s or a complete kit. And as 'noob', it's best you do not start with this unless you have prior experience.

thephreak 2007-06-13 20:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by bagelsncheesey (Post 992818)
Also, is there any kind of list showing what Gundam models are available? Maybe even a release date list? Thanks guys.

for a list of various Gundam models, you can try dalong.net, although its in Korean, it shows you detailed pictures of the model, kits, and other stuff. the site is easy to navigate as well. for release dates and stuff like that, try hobby link japan.

bagelsncheesey 2007-06-13 20:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by dodgethis_sg (Post 992840)
Forgor the name but you can search www.e2046.com for it as that's a resin kit. You have a choice of a conversion for one of the MG RX-78s or a complete kit. And as 'noob', it's best you do not start with this unless you have prior experience.

Thanks for the link man! Found it.

Only a noob to Gundam, not to model building. :D

aikming 2007-06-13 21:59

Anyone knows if Bandai action base can be used for MG Strike Freedom.

The action base has a shape of ||_|| while MG Strike Freedom requires _-|.

I found the current MG Strike Freedom stand to be very unstable. crap


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:44.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions Inc.