AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

Kirayuki 2013-08-31 06:32

A report from Chara Hobby 2013
http://www.gundam.info/topic/9254

Shows RG SF, MB Destiny, MG Proto Zero and more.

Providenceangle 2013-08-31 06:36

Please tell me this isn't some fancy scratch build based on the original bawoo?

http://www.gundam.info/uploads/image...5958-60612.jpg

Kirayuki 2013-08-31 06:42

Nope, it is a proper HGUC line planned for December release

Knight-of-Gold 2013-08-31 06:45

Its an online exclusive.

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2013-08-31 06:54

I hope the body is a new mold. The old HGUC Bawoo is already quite outdated. If not, Bandai must make a MG of that Re-Bawoo to compensate for my disappointment :D:p.

Providenceangle 2013-08-31 08:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 4813305)
I hope the body is a new mold. The old HGUC Bawoo is already quite outdated. If not, Bandai must make a MG of that Re-Bawoo to compensate for my disappointment :D:p.

I looks too similar to the original. There are some parts, meaning there probably is a new runner or two. Plus it's using the sinanju rifle. Not a "new" weapon.

n0m@n 2013-08-31 08:31

I think its a remake. It does say its planned for release in December 2013.

I seriously need to collect more non-Gundam type(as in not Gundam but other MS) model kits.

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2013-08-31 09:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by n0m@n (Post 4813371)
I seriously need to collect more non-Gundam type(as in not Gundam but other MS) model kits.

I think Zaku, Gouf, Kampfer, Sinanju, or Tallgeese variants is a good start for suit that’s different from Gundams. While you're at it, why not buy aquatic suits like the cute Acguy? :D

On the topic of that Re-Bawoo, Bandai really need to make MG of it to kickstart a slew of ZZ MGs. From MG Re-Bawoo, Bandai can make the actual MG Bawoo (like what they did with MG Sinanju Stein). Not to mention that ver 2.0 of ZZ Gundam is long overdue, godammit! I mean, RX-78-2 already has 1.5, OYW, 2.0 (& 3.0!), Zeta has its 2.0, and Nu has the Ka version. ZZ 2.0 is a missing link that should get made >_<.

Don’t worry, Bandai, fans is already waiting for the 2.0 of ZZ (along with GP01, GP02, GP03, and hell, throw in GP04 too lol). You just have to make it a good kit and it will sell itself.

Yye1 2013-08-31 10:05

I like some non Gundam makes, in particular the Astray line and the Flag line, but I am thrown off by the creepy single eye of many non gundam models

Providenceangle 2013-08-31 10:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 4813432)
I think Zaku, Gouf, Kampfer, Sinanju, or Tallgeese variants is a good start for suit that’s different from Gundams. While you're at it, why not buy aquatic suits like the cute Acguy? :D

On the topic of that Re-Bawoo, Bandai really need to make MG of it to kickstart a slew of ZZ MGs. From MG Re-Bawoo, Bandai can make the actual MG Bawoo (like what they did with MG Sinanju Stein). Not to mention that ver 2.0 of ZZ Gundam is long overdue, godammit! I mean, RX-78-2 already has 1.5, OYW, 2.0 (& 3.0!), Zeta has its 2.0, and Nu has the Ka version. ZZ 2.0 is a missing link that should get made >_<.

Don’t worry, Bandai, fans is already waiting for the 2.0 of ZZ (along with GP01, GP02, GP03, and hell, throw in GP04 too lol). You just have to make it a good kit and it will sell itself.

I'd buy the gp01 in a heartbeat. I'd buy the originals three times! If bandai would just give in.

At the very least remake the RG kits that don't have 2.0s. It's a perfect setup!

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2013-08-31 11:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yye1 (Post 4813453)
I like some non Gundam makes, in particular the Astray line and the Flag line, but I am thrown off by the creepy single eye of many non gundam models

So I guess you don't like Sazabi or Sinanju? ;)

Btw, you know what’s creepier than single eye? It’s four eyes in four different places :uhoh: :
Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)

Yye1 2013-08-31 12:20

^ that is very creepy....

In terms of the Sazabi and Sinanju, the eye is small enough that I dont notice it all the time and they look really cool, but with like the Zaku or Gouf, the eye is pretty big and noticeable, that is what I really dislike

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2013-08-31 13:12

^ Like it or not, mono-eye suits with eye that can move around is one of Gundam franchise’s most popular trademarks. The point is, just like you said, to make the MS looks creepy, menacing and monstrous because mono-eye suits started (and until this day still play an active role) as the enemies to our beloved pair-eyed Gundams. I think they kinda borrowed the idea from ancient Greek myth’s Cyclops (the one-eyed giant that threatens Odysseus).

Providenceangle 2013-08-31 13:20

As a general rule. Not being human like is creepy. More or less features(eyes, ears, nose), masks(hidden features). These things are menacing/creepy on various levels.

Well I'm going to try and do some work on my gundams. Keep my mind clean until GTA5. Then I'll forget all about everything else. lol

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2013-08-31 13:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Providenceangle (Post 4813650)
Well I'm going to try and do some work on my gundams. Keep my mind clean until GTA5. Then I'll forget all about everything else. lol

When you're playing GTA or after it, please make sure to stay away from a loaded gun and your grandma :upset:.

Providenceangle 2013-08-31 13:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 4813660)
When you're playing GTA or after it, please make sure to stay away from a loaded gun and your grandma :upset:.

Nah she's sick enough already. Cancer is bad in my family...

All gta5 needs is some gundams and it's the best game ever lol

n0m@n 2013-08-31 18:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 4813432)

I love the Tallgeese!
Its sad that Tallgeese 2 is only limited edition and costs more than the usual Tallgeese. Well, I like Tallgeese I more so its okay, but as a fan of the Tallgeese, I want Tallgeese II and III(When it comes out):D

Yye1 2013-08-31 21:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 4813641)
^ Like it or not, mono-eye suits with eye that can move around is one of Gundam franchise’s most popular trademarks. The point is, just like you said, to make the MS looks creepy, menacing and monstrous because mono-eye suits started (and until this day still play an active role) as the enemies to our beloved pair-eyed Gundams. I think they kinda borrowed the idea from ancient Greek myth’s Cyclops (the one-eyed giant that threatens Odysseus).

Well its a personal opinion, and i choose to not like them.

In terms of the Tallgeese III, isnt the Gadessa`s launcher based on.the Tallgeese III`s gun?

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2013-08-31 23:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yye1 (Post 4814176)
Well its a personal opinion, and i choose to not like them.

I'm not saying your opinion is wrong, just want to tell you a thing or two about mono-eye suits ;). I also know and understand that there are a lot of people out there who share your taste regarding mono-eye suits.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yye1 (Post 4814176)
In terms of the Tallgeese III, isnt the Gadessa`s launcher based on.the Tallgeese III`s gun?

Try looking further back and you’ll find the weapon in the old V-Dash Gundam’s Beam Smartgun:

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__...m_-_Ver_Ka.png

helois 2013-09-01 04:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 4813544)
So I guess you don't like Sazabi or Sinanju? ;)

Btw, you know what’s creepier than single eye? It’s four eyes in four different places :uhoh: :
Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)

creepier could be a fitfth eye on the d###! :uhoh::uhoh::uhoh::uhoh: (or the tail :heh: )

i bought the Hg Delta Kai and i won the special set of MG in the Bandai's MID YEAR CAMPAIGN 2013

http://www.dvdcineshop.com/catalog/i...rize_mgset.jpg

but my nerdy heart is collapsed (first of all beacause i win something :twitch: ): i have to sell them...

...for not having enough space!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

i'll keep for me the Red Frame and i'll sell them (when they will arrive)..

but the Full Armor Unicorn, the Sinanju and the 00 are really-REALLY- pretty...

Spoiler for eheh:

Spoiler for asd:

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2013-09-01 04:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by helois (Post 4814546)
i bought the Hg Delta Kai and i won the special set of MG in the Bandai's MID YEAR CAMPAIGN 2013

http://www.dvdcineshop.com/catalog/i...rize_mgset.jpg

but my nerdy heart is collapsed (first of all beacause i win something :twitch: ): i have to sell them...

...for not having enough space!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

i'll keep for me the Red Frame and i'll sell them (when they will arrive)..

but the Full Armor Unicorn, the Sinanju and the 00 are really-REALLY- pretty...
Spoiler for eheh:
Spoiler for asd:

Congratulations, you lucky bastard! :D

Yeah, not having enough space when you got all those kits for free really sucks. Then again, if you already own some of them or there’s something else you want to buy and you could use the money, selling them is a good idea. And... you sell them in Italian price? How much does that MG Unicorn FA cost in Italy? :confused:

Providenceangle 2013-09-01 06:32

On the topic of mono eye suits:

So it has the sinanju style leg rockets, the gun, grenade launcher on the shield(should go on the gun like the HGUC sinanju), different feet, side skirts, front skirts, chest, shield has the beam sword on it, head is new, as well as a new backpack. It is a very similar mold but... They have added quite a number of upgrades.

http://img.tarad.com/shop/d/dot35sho...11172536_b.jpghttp://1.bp.blogspot.com/-i8nBhefMN4...s/s1600/31.jpg

Man the proportions on the Sazabi Ver Ka. are retarded...

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-3x19RMr2ji...M/s1600/22.jpg

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2013-09-01 07:07

^ I don't know what to say about that Sazabi mold. I just hope the finished product looks way better than what we saw here.

Knight-of-Gold 2013-09-01 08:54

I dont understand people's problem with Sazabi. Its closer to the original design than many other kits. Sazabi always had HUGE shoulders and stumpy looking legs.

The fact that this is a prototype also means it cant hold a decent pose and gravity will pull it into an unappealing stance.

StratoSpear 2013-09-01 09:03

I don't know man... The head looks off for some reason. Maybe it's just the angle of the picture.

Knight-of-Gold 2013-09-01 09:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by StratoSpear (Post 4814766)
I don't know man... The head looks off for some reason. Maybe it's just the angle of the picture.

The head is barely holding together, front section not in place and is about to fall off.
Like I said before, its a prototype. A real plastic version will give a much better idea of the final look.

Providenceangle 2013-09-01 10:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knight-of-Gold (Post 4814755)
I dont understand people's problem with Sazabi. Its closer to the original design than many other kits. Sazabi always had HUGE shoulders and stumpy looking legs.

The fact that this is a prototype also means it cant hold a decent pose and gravity will pull it into an unappealing stance.

No it's not. That's why it looks odd.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__.../6d/Msn-04.jpg

You're opinion is, it's good enough for you. My opinion is... It looks messed up. Yes it's early prototype, still doesn't make me feel any more inspired to buy it.

jimsbeanz 2013-09-01 12:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Providenceangle (Post 4814877)
No it's not. That's why it looks odd.

You're opinion is, it's good enough for you. My opinion is... It looks messed up. Yes it's early prototype, still doesn't make me feel any more inspired to buy it.

A good pose ,some color and better lighting could make it look a lot better. Prototype images are hardly the best way to judge the final product.

IMO the sazabi formania conversion kit still looks better...

http://www.gunjap.net/site/wp-conten...2/07/11258.jpg

http://www.gunjap.net/site/wp-conten...2/07/10204.jpg

Skye629 2013-09-01 14:51

Sooooooo Ive been gone for awhile on a little trip

What I miss ppl? Too lazy to scroll back a few pages lol so someone just fill me in

Providenceangle 2013-09-01 17:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skye629 (Post 4815102)
Sooooooo Ive been gone for awhile on a little trip

What I miss ppl? Too lazy to scroll back a few pages lol so someone just fill me in

Good.. I was scared, you'd see all that shit I was talking about you ;)

suiton629 2013-09-01 19:43

So after doing some thinking in regards to the mega HG order I'm doing, I've decided to not get the HGs for the Throne suits. Good idea?

I saw some reviews and saw some pictures and overall, they're not worth it, and they would've costed me about $60 (give or take) for the 3.

So instead what I'm getting in this mega HG order:

X, X Divider, Double X
Exia
Dynames
Kyrios
Virtue
Nadleeh
GN Archer
Exia (Trans-Am)
Dynames (Trans Am)
Kyrios (Trans Am)
Virtue (Trans Am)
Seraphim
00 Raiser (Trans Am)
Exia R2
0 Gundam (Type ACD)
Cheridum GNHW
Arios GNHW
Seravee GNHW
0 Gundam (Roll Out)
00 Raiser (w/ GN Sword III)
Cheridum (Trans Am)
Arios (Trans Am)
Seravee + Seraphim (Trans Am)
00 7 Sword G
Astraea Type F
Avalanche Dash Exia
Astraea
00 Qan[t]
Zabanya
Harute
Raphael
00 Raiser Condensor Type

Am I missing anything I should be getting?

Right now I feel a bit iffy on this mega order since it is a lot of money.
I'm currently now considering to take off the HG Gundam X kits as well, and wait for MGs for those instead or just get them in HG later on.

Skye629 2013-09-02 04:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Providenceangle (Post 4815298)
Good.. I was scared, you'd see all that shit I was talking about you ;)

O_O

@Suiton on HG order

I think you have gone insane

n0m@n 2013-09-02 04:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by suiton629 (Post 4815400)
So after doing some thinking in regards to the mega HG order I'm doing, I've decided to not get the HGs for the Throne suits. Good idea?

I saw some reviews and saw some pictures and overall, they're not worth it, and they would've costed me about $60 (give or take) for the 3.

So instead what I'm getting in this mega HG order:

X, X Divider, Double X
Exia
Dynames
Kyrios
Virtue
Nadleeh
GN Archer
Exia (Trans-Am)
Dynames (Trans Am)
Kyrios (Trans Am)
Virtue (Trans Am)
Seraphim
00 Raiser (Trans Am)
Exia R2
0 Gundam (Type ACD)
Cheridum GNHW
Arios GNHW
Seravee GNHW
0 Gundam (Roll Out)
Cheridum (Trans Am)
Arios (Trans Am)
00 7 Sword G
Astraea Type F
Avalanche Dash Exia
Astraea
00 Qan[t]
Zabanya
Harute
Raphael
00 Raiser Condensor Type

Am I missing anything I should be getting?

Right now I feel a bit iffy on this mega order since it is a lot of money.
I'm currently now considering to take off the HG Gundam X kits as well, and wait for MGs for those instead or just get them in HG later on.

I did the same thing like more 10 years ago.....
Sadly all those models I bought as a bulk went inside the bin.....Im really sad that I wasted 1000 dollars worth of gunpla which ended up going to the bin.

Trust me. What you're doing is something all the Gunpla modelers plans(only few actually ends up buying a bulk) to do when they first start making gunpla. And majority of them including myself regrets doing it since we weren't that good with gunpla in the beginning. Trust me. They would be all broken by several years time.

Also Gunpla is something you should spend time on building. Anyone can snap pieces together. It will be more enjoyable if you paint and coat them to make it look even better. So you should spend the money you have on only few models, an airbrush, and air compressor for now. Once you build and paint the ones you have, then buy another model.

suiton629 2013-09-02 05:35

So as of now, the HG kits is now:

Exia
Dynames
Kyrios
Virtue
Nadleeh
GN Archer
Exia (Trans-Am)
Dynames (Trans Am)
Kyrios (Trans Am)
Virtue (Trans Am)
Seraphim
00 Raiser (Trans Am)
Exia R2
0 Gundam (Type ACD)
Cheridum GNHW
Arios GNHW
Seravee GNHW
0 Gundam (Roll Out)
Cheridum (Trans Am)
Arios (Trans Am)
00 7 Sword G
Astraea Type F
Avalanche Dash Exia
Astraea
00 Qan[t]
Zabanya
Harute
Raphael
00 Raiser Condensor Type

The reason why I plan on doing this is because I've already set plans to quit Gunpla soon. After this, the only MG kits I'd get are the ones on my now infamous MG wish list which is from only 00, Seed, Seed Destiny, Wing, and X.

I don't think Sunrise is confident with the Gundam franchise and is just doing series to sell towards children and sprinkle in the whole nostalgic factor to get older viewers to buy kits (i.e. Gundam Age, GunPla Builders, GunPla Build Fighter...). I've lost interest in Gundam and GunPla and now will only be waiting for my favorites. I just wanted these HGs from 00 since they're my favorite still to this day and I never got any HGs from 00.

Knight-of-Gold 2013-09-02 05:56

Bandai are confident in the gundam franchise, thats why they made stupid goals for AGE like surpassing 00 kit sales. They just got the wrong people to make the series.
Unicorn has exceeded expectations and Build fighter got a much better reception than AGE did.

They are even making Thunderbolt kits now, I dont remember any other manga getting so many kits so soon.

firefox 2013-09-02 06:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knight-of-Gold (Post 4815941)
Bandai are confident in the gundam franchise, thats why they made stupid goals for AGE like surpassing 00 kit sales. They just got the wrong people to make the series.
Unicorn has exceeded expectations and Build fighter got a much better reception than AGE did.

They are even making Thunderbolt kits now, I dont remember any other manga getting so many kits so soon.

sad reasoning because if you look at the quality of the 1/144 HG kits AGE is fantastic! Better the 00.

off course Bandai only want expansion. I liked AGE because it was not another plain rehatch of the origional story, it had some nice things in it.

firefox 2013-09-02 06:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by suiton629 (Post 4815927)

Exia
Dynames
Kyrios
Virtue
Nadleeh
GN Archer
Exia (Trans-Am)
Dynames (Trans Am)
Kyrios (Trans Am)
Virtue (Trans Am)
Seraphim
00 Raiser (Trans Am)
Exia R2
0 Gundam (Type ACD)
Cheridum GNHW
Arios GNHW
Seravee GNHW
0 Gundam (Roll Out)
Cheridum (Trans Am)
Arios (Trans Am)
00 7 Sword G
Astraea Type F
Avalanche Dash Exia
Astraea
00 Qan[t]
Zabanya
Harute
Raphael
00 Raiser Condensor Type

The reason why I plan on doing this is because I've already set plans to quit Gunpla soon. After this, the only MG kits I'd get are the ones on my now infamous MG wish list which is from only 00, Seed, Seed Destiny, Wing, and X.

I don't think Sunrise is confident with the Gundam franchise and is just doing series to sell towards children and sprinkle in the whole nostalgic factor to get older viewers to buy kits (i.e. Gundam Age, GunPla Builders, GunPla Build Fighter...). I've lost interest in Gundam and GunPla and now will only be waiting for my favorites. I just wanted these HGs from 00 since they're my favorite still to this day and I never got any HGs from 00.

What can we way?

BUY BABY BUY!!!!!!!!!! :D:D

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2013-09-02 06:20

I’d say let suiton do it. It’s his money, his lost. Let him wreck himself. Oh, and are you still buying those HG for your "friend", suiton :rolleyes:? LOL..... Depending on your answer, you might need to see a professional.

jimsbeanz 2013-09-02 08:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by suiton629 (Post 4815927)

So basically you do this?

http://31.media.tumblr.com/bee38d9a5...lk07o1_500.gif

Yye1 2013-09-02 10:21

Thats a lot of HG gunpla... but no UC models lol