AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

Shinobi2013 2013-11-19 00:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by suiton629 (Post 4913881)
Should have waited and gotten the RG.

I don't care much about RG line by the way no matter how superior their proportion and engineering is and yet more fragile than the HG version of the same model,
I only stick to HG when it comes to 1/144.

ZeroXSEED 2013-11-19 00:29

Real grade is created as compromise

Honestly, I should build and post non-grade 1/144 model as a spite...

Skye629 2013-11-19 01:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED (Post 4913892)
Real grade is created as compromise

Honestly, I should build and post non-grade 1/144 model as a spite...

Actually people who buy NG/oldschool HG 1/144 kits and customize/paint them to HG+ quality found today usually earn a lot more points in most people's books

Its not easy getting those things to high quality levels, its quite a chore, tons of masking, chopping up pieces, scratch building parts, plus the usual detailing and painting etc.

Knight_SV 2013-11-19 07:35

i can't find HG RX-78 ver G30th anymore. it seems like no longer produced by bandai.
i was in korea and visiting the gundam base in i-park mall. it was one of most complete gunpla store in the world

Shinobi2013 2013-11-19 08:25

The ver G30th is rare these days, I found some but they sell it twice the original price. Best option is to buy the HG Forever Gundam which uses the ver G30th mold as a base and still has the parts to convert into normal RX-78.

Providenceangle 2013-11-19 08:57

Speaking of real grade. No news on the next release?

Also, I have a unopened/unbuilt HG Strike. I wonder how different it is, from their re-release. I might pick it up and do a side by side build, that is, before I tear down the original HG and make it totally different lol.

ZeroXSEED 2013-11-19 08:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shinobi2013 (Post 4914133)
The ver G30th is rare these days, I found some but they sell it twice the original price. Best option is to buy the HG Forever Gundam which uses the ver G30th mold as a base and still has the parts to convert into normal RX-78.

WUT

To Dalong!

OH YES FUCK YES

Oh, and apparently Gyan sold like new brand candy, thanks to the anime.

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2013-11-19 09:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shinobi2013 (Post 4913888)
I don't care much about RG line by the way no matter how superior their proportion and engineering is and yet more fragile than the HG version of the same model

Ironically, when it comes to SEED/Destiny Gundams, RG proportion is still off even though it's lightyears better compared to SEED/Destiny old HGs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shinobi2013 (Post 4914133)

Even though I heard Forever's color-tint for the white is a bit different from the G-30th, I think that's a great suggestion :).

suiton629 2013-11-19 10:51

If you want the RX-78-2, I would suggest the MG Ver. 3.0...especially if you don't have one yet.

Shinobi2013 2013-11-19 11:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Providenceangle (Post 4914160)
Also, I have a unopened/unbuilt HG Strike. I wonder how different it is, from their re-release. I might pick it up and do a side by side build, that is, before I tear down the original HG and make it totally different lol.

The gray parts of the rerelease Seed kits are recolored into gunmetal as far as I concerned plus an adaptor to connect into action base, comes also with clear stickers of ZAFT/OMNI logos and GATX or ZGMF numbers as well as the effect parts(Doesn't have one for Freedom, Justice, Providence, Forbidden, Raiden and Calamity though).

Quote:

Originally Posted by suiton629 (Post 4914273)
If you want the RX-78-2, I would suggest the MG Ver. 3.0...especially if you don't have one yet.

He's looking for HG RX78 ver. G30th, DO WE MAKE OURSELVES CLEAR?

~Destiny~ 2013-11-19 11:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shinobi2013 (Post 4914292)
The gray parts of the rerelease Seed kits are recolored into gunmetal as far as I concerned plus an adaptor to connect into action base, comes also with clear stickers of ZAFT/OMNI logos and GATX or ZGMF numbers as well as the effect parts(Doesn't have one for Freedom, Justice, Providence, Forbidden, Raiden and Calamity though).

I think he was asking about the actual new release for the HG Strike, as in with the new mold. Thats what I gathered from the way I read it though :heh:

Providenceangle 2013-11-19 12:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shinobi2013 (Post 4914292)

No I mean the unreleased hg Aile Strike. I have the one you're mentioning already. That's the "old" HG I'm referring to.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Destiny~ (Post 4914300)
I think he was asking about the actual new release for the HG Strike, as in with the new mold. Thats what I gathered from the way I read it though :heh:

Yep! It looks fairly new too. Looking at some pre-release photos. The armor and face look a lot better. Of course it's going to boil down to the price/quality of the new molds. I hope they at least put clear eye pieces in with it this time.

suiton629 2013-11-19 12:01

Clear eye pieces in an HG? Not likely.

That's reserved for RG, MG, and PG...and occasionally SD.

~Destiny~ 2013-11-19 13:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Providenceangle (Post 4914325)

Yep! It looks fairly new too. Looking at some pre-release photos. The armor and face look a lot better. Of course it's going to boil down to the price/quality of the new molds. I hope they at least put clear eye pieces in with it this time.

At 1,365 yen it's the same price as the Build Strike(cheaper ever so slightly i thing?). It's using the same mold as the Build Strike so it'll be pretty good quality I think.

I dont think there's much point in putting clear eye pieces for HGs though. It helps with MG and higher due to light piping, but the effect would be very non-apparent in 1/144 scale. I DO think there's been HGs with clear eye pieces though so who knows. :heh:

Providenceangle 2013-11-19 13:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Destiny~ (Post 4914378)
At 1,365 yen it's the same price as the Build Strike(cheaper ever so slightly i thing?). It's using the same mold as the Build Strike so it'll be pretty good quality I think.

I dont think there's much point in putting clear eye pieces for HGs though. It helps with MG and higher due to light piping, but the effect would be very non-apparent in 1/144 scale. I DO think there's been HGs with clear eye pieces though so who knows. :heh:

I don't think I've seen any HG "Gundams" with clear eye pieces. I think all the GMs (Jesta has too, as well as Razel... I don't own the jegan but I'm fairly sure it has too. Please correct me if anyone has it and it doesn't) have clear lenses for the camera eye. The HGUC Delta plus has clear eye piece as well. So grunts get but not the main suits? lol

Edit: No I'm wrong. Unicorn and Banshee have translucent colored eye pieces.

I just hate having to make my own clear eye parts:

Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)

suiton629 2013-11-19 13:30

Technically the GMs have a clear visor.. So did the Genoaces. But never have I seen clear eye pieces themselves.

Knight-of-Gold 2013-11-19 13:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by suiton629 (Post 4914273)

Your suggestion is rather invalid since you have no experience with anything UC.
The 2.0 and OYW versions are much more enjoyable to build. 3.0's inner frame is disappointing in comparison.

Quote:

Originally Posted by suiton629 (Post 4914326)

A bunch of HG kits have clear pieces for the eyes. It varies from one kit to another.

Providenceangle 2013-11-19 13:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knight-of-Gold (Post 4914396)
A bunch of HG kits have clear pieces for the eyes. It varies from one kit to another.

HG 1/100 kits? Yes! Most of them do, but 1/144 scale. Besides the Unicorn/Banshee... I don't know of any. I'm thinking hard. From my collection, only the Unicorn has clear eyes(even if they are just pink instead of green, like they should be). I know it doesn't bother most builders, as they paint their eyes/use seals. I'm just a nut for LED mods so, more "clear" parts always helps.

Knight-of-Gold 2013-11-19 14:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Providenceangle (Post 4914406)
HG 1/100 kits? Yes! Most of them do, but 1/144 scale. Besides the Unicorn/Banshee... I don't know of any. I'm thinking hard. From my collection, only the Unicorn has clear eyes(even if they are just pink instead of green, like they should be). I know it doesn't bother most builders, as they paint their eyes/use seals. I'm just a nut for LED mods so, more "clear" parts always helps.

It definitely varies for the gundam types but grunt types like GMs, Jegans and Jestas all use coloured clear visors, which IMO are better for LEDs anyway since 2 tiny eyes on a gundam are not really that visible anyway.

Providenceangle 2013-11-19 14:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knight-of-Gold (Post 4914429)
It definitely varies for the gundam types but grunt types like GMs, Jegans and Jestas all use coloured clear visors, which IMO are better for LEDs anyway since 2 tiny eyes on a gundam are not really that visible anyway.

Well I actually silicon mold and clear resin cast the whole head. So I can do the eyes and head camera. It depends on the kit though.

~Destiny~ 2013-11-19 15:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Providenceangle (Post 4914382)
I don't think I've seen any HG "Gundams" with clear eye pieces. I think all the GMs (Jesta has too, as well as Razel... I don't own the jegan but I'm fairly sure it has too. Please correct me if anyone has it and it doesn't) have clear lenses for the camera eye. The HGUC Delta plus has clear eye piece as well. So grunts get but not the main suits? lol

Edit: No I'm wrong. Unicorn and Banshee have translucent colored eye pieces.

I just hate having to make my own clear eye parts:

Well after abit of time scanning through dalong, I guess I was wrong. :heh:

Appel 2013-11-19 15:32

I vastly prefer painted eyes and even stickers over LEDs to be honest^^ LEDs run out of juice and then the eyes don't look good anymore... Paint and stickers are a little more consistent in that regard :P

As for my Strike Freedom:
"Status from Tue, 19.11.2013 14:58
The shipment has been processed in the parcel center of origin
Next step The shipment will be transported to the destination parcel center"
HHHHNNNNGGG I guess that means I's gonna arrive on Friday or so... And if I have SUPER bad luck I'll have to pick it up from the customs office. But I have no time for that because I work every day! So I would have to make the parcel service pick it up there which is gonna take another 2 days or so! At this point I am not sure whether I'm gonna have it before the weekend or not ;__;

Providenceangle 2013-11-19 16:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 4914480)
I vastly prefer painted eyes and even stickers over LEDs to be honest^^ LEDs run out of juice and then the eyes don't look good anymore... Paint and stickers are a little more consistent in that regard :P

As for my Strike Freedom:
"Status from Tue, 19.11.2013 14:58
The shipment has been processed in the parcel center of origin
Next step The shipment will be transported to the destination parcel center"
HHHHNNNNGGG I guess that means I's gonna arrive on Friday or so... And if I have SUPER bad luck I'll have to pick it up from the customs office. But I have no time for that because I work every day! So I would have to make the parcel service pick it up there which is gonna take another 2 days or so! At this point I am not sure whether I'm gonna have it before the weekend or not ;__;

How do LEDs run out of juice? I'm sure they burn out over time. Like years when used in a gundam lol. If you meant batteries? I use DC as in USB. So they never run out of power.

suiton629 2013-11-19 16:46

$150 to spare on GunPla. What should I get?

GO!

Providenceangle 2013-11-19 17:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by suiton629 (Post 4914526)

GO!

Save your money, until something you can't resist comes your way?

suiton629 2013-11-19 17:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Providenceangle (Post 4914533)
Save your money, until something you can't resist comes your way?

That too. =D

But lately I've been going on and off with SDs. Cheap, quick fun builds, but needs stickers heavily (annoying to me).

>_<

I would get the MG Wing Gundam EW and MG Wing Zero Custom, but those 2 need the newer Wing EW frame and mold since they both use the crappy old 2004 frame and mold from MG Wing Gundam Ver. Ka.

StrikeFreedomV2 2013-11-19 17:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by suiton629 (Post 4914326)

HG 00 Gundam/Raiser has clear eye pieces and even light piping

suiton629 2013-11-19 17:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 (Post 4914539)
HG 00 Gundam/Raiser has clear eye pieces and even light piping

Did they?

:: check Dalong ::

You are correct. =)
I stick with MGs and RGs but I did get some 00 HGs before, but not the 00 Gundam line (regular, Trans Am Raiser, 00 Raiser, 00 Condenser, etc).

Interesting to see that it had light piping clear pieces on an HG.

Appel 2013-11-19 19:34

Hotlinking to Dalong still doesn't work. This is not the first time we told you that XD

Skye629 2013-11-19 21:27

Anyone has these MGs? I need personal feedback

MG Sword Impulse: (Suiton if you tell me to wait for the probably never coming RM, I WILL END YOU)

Uh, how long are the swords (give it in inches or centimeters plz)? Might consider the kit in the future but not sure if I got the space for swinging poses.......

MG Duel Gundam:

I'm becoming a bigger fan of the design (and I finally realized the colors reminded me of the G3, but with some nice orange highlights)

How good does it look with some of the AS armor on and some off? Im going for the right shoulder armor with the gun, leg armor/thrusters, and the full backpack add-on. Everything else off

~Destiny~ 2013-11-19 22:50

I only have the Sword from MG Force Impulse to judge, but if they're the same size, it's 9.8inches/24.7cm fully extended

Duel Sry for blurryness =/

Shinobi2013 2013-11-20 00:12

The Sword from Force Impulse can't adjust it's length to make it shorter and it's too long to carry on the back, they fixed it on the MG Sword Impulse by making it adjustable to make it longer or shorter.

Quote:

Originally Posted by suiton629 (Post 4914535)
I would get the MG Wing Gundam EW and MG Wing Zero Custom, but those 2 need the newer Wing EW frame and mold since they both use the crappy old 2004 frame and mold from MG Wing Gundam Ver. Ka.

DEAL WITH IT, atleast not as crappy as the mid 90s MG kits ans still look identical to Katoki Hajime's lineart like the newer EW kits so I can't see a reason why it is a bad mold.

Skye629 2013-11-20 00:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Destiny~ (Post 4914825)
I only have the Sword from MG Force Impulse to judge, but if they're the same size, it's 9.8inches/24.7cm fully extended

Duel Sry for blurryness =/

Thanks for the stats!

And DAMN, I dont mind the blurriness, that setup looks REALLY GOOD, thanks man! Thats all I needed to confirm I want the kit now :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shinobi2013 (Post 4914907)
The Sword from Force Impulse can't adjust it's length to make it shorter and it's too long to carry on the back, they fixed it on the MG Sword Impulse by making it adjustable to make it longer or shorter.

So at its longest its about the same that Destiny posted?

Shinobi2013 2013-11-20 00:20

I believe it's the same height as Force Impulse' sword when it's extended.

~Destiny~ 2013-11-20 00:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skye629 (Post 4914911)
Thanks for the stats!

And DAMN, I dont mind the blurriness, that setup looks REALLY GOOD, thanks man! Thats all I needed to confirm I want the kit now :D

So at its longest its about the same that Destiny posted?

Here you go :rolleyes:
Edit:yea it's the same size as what I posted

Skye629 2013-11-20 01:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Destiny~ (Post 4914920)
Here you go :rolleyes:
Edit:yea it's the same size as what I posted

Ah link not working

Edit: Oh Dalong images does not work on here

n0m@n 2013-11-20 02:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by suiton629 (Post 4914526)

GO!

Hmm, maybe wait for X Divider MG to be annouced. You did say you only collect MG kits from series besides UC.
Or how about Turn-A MG?

Skye629 2013-11-20 05:30

HERE WE GO!!!

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-LcpEwnAvx-...0510-75369.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-JNgchwtUMq...12677059_n.jpg

DAT BANSHEE, HGUC I WANTZ

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-dInjGGoSXq...0731-16809.jpg

THIS IS AWESOME, Biggest fuel tanks evah? And hooray for the weapon making an anime appearance (as an arm replacement lol). And are those....missile pods? Not too sure, I highly doubt they deploy funnels

Despite how unlikely it is, I would love a magazine or online exclusive add-on to the HGUC Kshatriya to make this version

Appel 2013-11-20 06:49

Yes, of course Bandai! Make the Kshatriya even bigger and take away one of the feet for even less stability to make the chances of this getting a MG even smaller! Brilliant! XD

ZeroXSEED 2013-11-20 07:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 4915196)
Yes, of course Bandai! Make the Kshatriya even bigger and take away one of the feet for even less stability to make the chances of this getting a MG even smaller! Brilliant! XD

And the fact that HG Ksathriya already more expensive than some of the MG kits...