AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

Blazer-X 2013-11-21 00:43

In terms of MG:

Well, Strike Full Package looks really nice, but I might now hold it off depending on how the new Build Strike looks and functions.

Wasn't expecting them to go triple MG on Build Fighters. I imagine this could only mean that we'll be seeing X Maoh and Wing Fenice in MG forms eventually (especially since both of their "original versions" already have MG forms).

Since I don't care for Build Gundam MK II or Astray Sengoku or GX, I suppose the only other MG I am looking forward to is Turn X.

In terms of HG:

Actually not too interested, to be honest. A good number of these either already have MGs or are getting them, which I am honestly more interested in.

ZeroXSEED 2013-11-21 00:58

Astray Weeaboo got an MG?

Ewww

Skye629 2013-11-21 01:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED (Post 4916195)
Astray Weaboo got an MG?

Ewww

Astray Weaboo????

ZeroXSEED 2013-11-21 01:45

Sengoku Gundam Astray

such a weeaboo that the Gundam part is written in Kanji

Skye629 2013-11-21 01:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED (Post 4916236)
Sengoku Gundam Astray

such a weeaboo that the Gundam part is written in Kanji

Not sure if Im following you here........Im more confused now

ZeroXSEED 2013-11-21 01:58

It's a joke from /m/

weaboo definition.

Basically the custom Astray used by the American meister is so Japanophile it's laughable.

Skye629 2013-11-21 01:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED (Post 4916257)
It's a joke from /m/

weaboo definition.

Basically the custom Astray used by the American meister is so Japanophile it's laughable.

Oh so thats what it meant

You just answered a bunch of questions at once, thanks man

firefox 2013-11-21 02:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skye629 (Post 4916126)
Ah so the Sazabi's armor can split too

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-2lQm8_Wgn-...04120284_n.jpg

as predicted by me, not a surprice.

MG Buils strike looks fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just love strike :)
MG build fighter red astray custom now that's a surprice! I was going for teh 1/144 HG, now i'll wait for the MG :)

1/144 HG Buils strike with wings of light????? now that looks like crap and totaly unrealistic

RG Exia.........how many exia's is enough???????
I Have a HCM Pro, super HCM pro, metal build...i'll pass on this one.

Skye629 2013-11-21 02:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by firefox (Post 4916262)
as predicted by me, not a surprice.

MG Buils strike looks fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just love strike :)
MG build fighter red astray custom now that's a surprice! I was going for teh 1/144 HG, now i'll wait for the MG :)

1/144 HG Buils strike with wings of light????? now that looks like crap and totaly unrealistic

And since when was Gundam realistic? lol

But yeah, its crap compared to all the other WoL which have preceded it so far, at least in model form (its looks in show will probably be very nice)

ZeroXSEED 2013-11-21 02:26

Well, at least the new build strike is cheap, totally waiting for it XD

(Good thing I'll have tons of extra joints from that Granslam)

Knight-of-Gold 2013-11-21 02:30

That trolling bandai exec. At NYCC a bandai rep mentioned Phenex and Turn X before leaving. I figured Phenex would get MG but not both.
MG Turn X.....my gunpla collection is nearing completion.

Skye629 2013-11-21 02:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED (Post 4916282)
Well, at least the new build strike is cheap, totally waiting for it XD

(Good thing I'll have tons of extra joints from that Granslam)

Uh you dont need those extra joints for the Build Strike

It uses a newer up to date joint found like those found in the Strike Noir I believe, you only need those add on joints for the older GAT kit molds, primarily those found in SEED

ZeroXSEED 2013-11-21 03:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skye629 (Post 4916301)
Uh you dont need those extra joints for the Build Strike

It uses a newer up to date joint found like those found in the Strike Noir I believe, you only need those add on joints for the older GAT kit molds, primarily those found in SEED

Really?! :eek:

Either way, it's good! :D

Skye629 2013-11-21 03:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED (Post 4916318)
Really?! :eek:

Either way, it's good! :D

Checked around to make sure, but yep, it has a 160/170 degree bend

RX93-2 2013-11-21 03:32

MG Turn A...God damn that and Gundam X in one year is just plain murder to my wallet.
Add in the fact that I want that HGUC Turn A, FA-Unicorn[NT-D] and new banshee, the balls and maybe that kampfer amazing.

Appel 2013-11-21 04:41

Holy cow, Bandai seems to be going all out here!

Some of my thoughts:
-MG Unicorn Unit 3 was inevitable. It was also inevitable as an online exclusive.
-The Destiny Exclusive looks decent but I am not interested. I don't really like the Destiny.
-RG Exia, eh? Sweet! I hope it's feet are more stable out of the box than the MG's.
-MG Sazabi looks amazing as expected.
-HG FA Unicorn (both versions) are a great announcement. I expected them to release that close to the release of the final OVA episode.
-MG Turn X is great news! I still haven't gotten around to get the Turn A, but I am having a feeling that I will get them both sooner or later.
-As for all the new Strike variations... Meh. Not really interested.
-HG Wing Zero is great news for me, I will probably get that instead of MG Proto Zero.
-MG Astray Sengokudo was inevitable.
-MG X looks amazing!

News on my PG Strike Freedom:
I found out the customs office opens at 7:30 am tomorrow... I could go there before work if I get their notification in the mail today. That would be a really freaking long day then though but much more convenient than having to wait for them to send it to me XD

Shinobi2013 2013-11-21 04:51

My personal thoughts:

1. MG Gundam X and Build Strike-Definitely my first and second MG kits in 2014
2. HG FA Unicorn Destroy- I already have the customized HGUC FA Unicorn since 2011 but that clear green frame makes me want to buy it
3. HG Wing Zero TV- I'm still having a seconds thoughts since I already have the NG 1/144 and just simply repaint it into something look better than the newer HG:heh:

Appel 2013-11-21 05:28

But if you can already paint an ancient 1/144 NG to make it look better than the HG, imagine what you could achieve if you paint a modern HG! ;D

Edit: Guess who didn't get his customs notification today! >__> Now I'll be able to pick it up on Tuesday at the earliest.
It sure feels great to have paid extra for shipping only to be forced to go pick up the package somewhere! >:C

ZeroXSEED 2013-11-21 06:30

DAMN IT!

Just when I bought Akatsuki, there's a new stock shipment for GBF

Build Striker Pack for 6 D
Amazing Booster for 9 D

How... how...

:frustrated:

StrikeFreedomV2 2013-11-21 07:33

Just paid for the shipping from my last shopping spree on HLJ :D I hope this kits arrive at my place before christmas. The kits I'll be recieving are:

HGUV Victory Gundam
HGAW Gundam Double X
RG Strike Freedom
And MG Wing Proto-Zero

I'm especially excited for the Victory Gundam. It will be my very first kit from V Gundam^^

ZeroXSEED 2013-11-21 07:38

Did wing proto zero use a new mold?

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2013-11-21 07:52

Late to the party due to works :(. Still, here's my personal opinion regarding the new releases:

MG Build Strike: Hmm....I don't know. Still don't like Build Strike's body. The HG upgraded body actually looks better by adding more white to its chest.
MG Build Mk. II: Looks solid.
MG Sengoku Astray: I want a closer look at its face when it's final, but I already like what I see now.
MG Destiny Astray: Yes! It's the purple one like I wanted! I'll def get it.
MG Phenex: Oooww!! My eyeeeesssss!!!!
MG Gundam X: Looks sweeet! Definite buy.
RG Exia: I hope the proportion is better than SEED RGs. If not, I may only get the Roll-out version or Trans-am.
HGUC Banshee Norn Destroy Mode: Might get the RD coz it most likely has way better articulation.
HGUC Ball Gundam Thunderbolt Ver.: No, thank you.
HGUC Kshatriya Repair: I dislike the look of it. So, no thanks.
HGUC FA Unicorn Destroy Mode (Green Psychoframe): If this one is a regular release, those who bought the exclusive Unicorn Green Frame must be pissed off for paying a lot but getting less. :heh: Like I said many times, Exclusive HG Green Frame is a dumb release, just like Exclusive MG (plain) Astray & RG (plain) Strike. You pay more for less.
HGAC Wing Zero TV: I'm torn between buying the HG & the RD. I might go for the RD though, but I'll reserve judgement until a review.
HGCC Turn-A: Not interested. I'm already spoiled by the awesome MG.
HGCE Aile Strike & Strike Rouge: I'm not really interested, but might get the Rouge just for the lulz.
HGBF Build Strike Upgrade (with WoL): The body itself looks way cool, but the WoL is an insult to my intelligence.
HGBF GM Sniper K9: Love the green & the rifle.
HGBF Kampher Amazing: I might get this one.
HGBF Qubeley Papillion: I think I'll wait for the "pearl" or "extra finish" edition in the future.

MG TURN-X: OH GOD YESSSSS!!!!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED (Post 4916470)

I think it did. Maybe with bits and pieces of inner frame from the previous EW MGs like Epyon and friends.

Akyra 2013-11-21 08:25

I still want my MG druggies!

duotiga 2013-11-21 08:49

my thoughts for the announcement:

MG Build Strike: looks pretty decent but havent decide want to get or not even though a strike fan
MG Build Mk. II: looks like taken from ver 2 & looks solid . KIV for now
MG Sengoku Astray: nice looking but still need further photos before any judgement
MG Destiny Astray: mixed feeling for this, for 1: i like the purple scheme 2: lazy mod kitbash by bandai
MG Phenex: the chrome & the price @@ . nice , tempting to get....
MG Gundam X: On my buy list
RG Exia: initially thought next wld be IJ but think i know why they release this 1 . be getting (if exclusive roll out, trans am) . i wonder will they slapped in Avalanche exia dash with the HG parts
HGUC Banshee Norn Destroy Mode: awaiting better picture
HGUC Ball Gundam Thunderbolt Ver.: not on my lis.
HGUC Kshatriya Repair: suspected release but i prefer the Robot damashii Kshatriya which i think is way better than HG
HGUC FA Unicorn Destroy Mode (Green Psychoframe): expected release
HGAC Wing Zero TV: need to wait for more pictures
HGCC Turn-A: prefer the MG
HGCE Aile Strike & Strike Rouge:does the aile pack have hidden gimmick?
HGBF Build Strike Upgrade (with WoL): i think the WOL is a hidden gimmick in the anime but i find it ugly
HGBF GM Sniper K9: big ass rifle
HGBF Kampher Amazing: nice looking kit
HGBF Qubeley Papillion: looks fat
MG TURN-X: thats unexpected announcement .....

but to prevent my wallet going into abyss...next yr i just concentrate on RG (get them all), certain MG kits , robot damashii & some of the RG/MG/damshii exclusive

Knight_SV 2013-11-21 09:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED (Post 4916470)

only the torso frame still the same as zero custom and wing ew

suiton629 2013-11-21 10:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knight_SV (Post 4916588)
only the torso frame still the same as zero custom and wing ew

Well, and the hands are newer.
Basically, I wouldn't mind it if Bandai re-released the Wing EW and Wing Zero Custom MGs with a similar tweaked design as the Proto Zero.

Tetsu Aero 2013-11-21 11:01

Didn't know where to ask this, but does anyone know a place that carries the GS Destiny Astray photonovels? One that ships internationally at least.

suiton629 2013-11-21 11:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tetsu Aero (Post 4916661)
Didn't know where to ask this, but does anyone know a place that carries the GS Destiny Astray photonovels? One that ships internationally at least.

eBay or Amazon? Hobby Link Japan? Ami Ami?

Tetsu Aero 2013-11-21 11:13

None of them except hlj, has the first out of two volumes.
Which bums me out.

ZeroXSEED 2013-11-21 11:18

Son of a....

The peg that connect forbidden with it's crabshell broke!

Now I need to see if there's Build Custom that can be used as replacement unit. Perhaps Mk.II booster when it came here.

suiton629 2013-11-21 11:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tetsu Aero (Post 4916679)
None of them except hlj, has the first out of two volumes.
Which bums me out.

Weren't they all put in Dengeki Hobby? Maybe the next best thing is to get all the magazines? =D

Knight-of-Gold 2013-11-21 18:07

MG Turn X is a June release, nothing announced between February and then.
Even if you count out a month due to RG exia there are still some MG kits Bandai is keeping under wraps.
I'm guessing least one is another Build fighter kit and another is probably for unicorn Ep7. (Episode Airs in May).

suiton629 2013-11-21 18:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knight-of-Gold (Post 4917115)
MG Turn X is a June release, nothing announced between February and then.
Even if you count out a month due to RG exia there are still some MG kits Bandai is keeping under wraps.
I'm guessing least one is another Build fighter kit and another is probably for unicorn Ep7. (Episode Airs in May).

http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/Master_Grade

You're forgetting something. Check that link. You'll know what I mean.
Bandai is doing something totally unconventional in regards to the 1 MG per month thing.

Also, the RG releases and MG releases don't interfere with each other in regards to how many a month. I think.

Maybe December 2014's big MG release will be like a MG Hi-Nu Gundam Ver. Ka?

And given Bandai's apparent lust in spamming out online exclusives and now doing multiple MGs a month, it's going to be a crazy filled year, and I really get a bad feeling that we're going to be getting some of our favorite 'variation' suits as online exclusive.

Blazer-X 2013-11-21 18:48

A few things to keep in mind:

The entire reason that "1 MG per month" no longer applies is due to the unannounced but very apparent retirement of the 1/100 NG line. In return, the MG line has now taken over for the 1/100 releases, which applies to all the new series since Age, including Build Fighters.

That's mainly why we have a whooping of 3 MGs for Build Fighters in February.

Based on this, I fully expect MG X Maoh and MG Wing Fenice to take up some of the March, April, or May slots. Actually, while we're at it, a Zaku Amazing, Kampher Amazing, and even Quebeley Pavillon are also likely to get released. Depending on their popularity, some of them might be Online-Exclusives, but they're simple enough mods that they should get released in some form.

What else can we expect?

With the whole new MG Strike, probably a MG Akatsuki, for starters. Yes, it already has a good 1/100 NG, but Bandai would be a fool not to jump onto that bandwagon and throw in a few modification for essentially two new MGs.

With UC Ep 7 coming out, Banshee Norn is almost guaranteed to get released some time this year, likely in May or sharing the June spot with Turn X.

X-Divider may almost hit around this time, seeing as how its also reusing the MG X frame.

Outside of these 3, the other suits are probably more up in the air. I would personally like a Legend to coincide with the ending of Seed Destiny Remastered, but seeing as how we still don't have a glimpse of Providence or Justice, its very much up in the air.

Knight-of-Gold 2013-11-21 19:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by suiton629 (Post 4917116)
http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/Master_Grade

You're forgetting something. Check that link. You'll know what I mean.
Bandai is doing something totally unconventional in regards to the 1 MG per month thing.

Also, the RG releases and MG releases don't interfere with each other in regards to how many a month. I think.

Maybe December 2014's big MG release will be like a MG Hi-Nu Gundam Ver. Ka?

And given Bandai's apparent lust in spamming out online exclusives and now doing multiple MGs a month, it's going to be a crazy filled year, and I really get a bad feeling that we're going to be getting some of our favorite 'variation' suits as online exclusive.

What am I forgetting? That Wiki tells me nothing I dont already know. There are still 3 blank months for MGs until Turn X is released.

RG releases do effect MG releases. This current month with RG Strike freedom is an example.

MG Kshatriya has a better chance for that December 2014, especially since the HG is getting another version released which just proves its popularity as a design.

suiton629 2013-11-21 20:30

Look at Bandai being so sneaky.
I'm actually a bit disappointed that GG didn't catch this.

Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread) Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)
That's clearly the Roll Out ver.
Why would they even display it, if it wasn't coming out. I'm just saying... Just saying.

Skye629 2013-11-21 21:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 (Post 4916467)
Just paid for the shipping from my last shopping spree on HLJ :D I hope this kits arrive at my place before christmas. The kits I'll be recieving are:

HGUV Victory Gundam
HGAW Gundam Double X
RG Strike Freedom
And MG Wing Proto-Zero

I'm especially excited for the Victory Gundam. It will be my very first kit from V Gundam^^

Are you going to attempt to pick up a chick with it? Let us know how that goes

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED (Post 4916685)
Son of a....

The peg that connect forbidden with it's crabshell broke!

Now I need to see if there's Build Custom that can be used as replacement unit. Perhaps Mk.II booster when it came here.

Cant you fix the peg?

ZeroXSEED 2013-11-21 21:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skye629 (Post 4917352)
Cant you fix the peg?

First, it's ABS, so epoxy don't work well (I actually glued Overflag's broken ankle and it's PERFECT), do you know what's the material preferred for this?

second, apparently the connector is one way, no way to retrieve the broken peg that get in so deep it was practically rape. (no really I wasn't exaggerating)

Gluing both part without the missing peg (still inside) didn't work either

Skye629 2013-11-21 21:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED (Post 4917366)
First, it's ABS, so epoxy don't work well (I actually glued Overflag's broken ankle and it's PERFECT), do you know what's the material preferred for this?

second, apparently the connector is one way, no way to retrieve the broken peg that get in so deep it was practically rape. (no really I wasn't exaggerating)

Gluing both part without the missing peg (still inside) didn't work either

Plastic cement is usually the way to go with plastic, as it fuses the parts thats being glued

Dang, since the peg broke in the hole you have 3 options:

1. Try to extract it, but this is going to be hell
2. If you dont mind the backpack in a fixed pose you can glue the pack and the part of the peg still attached to it back into the hole, fusing both parts of the peg and the hole of the peg
3. Use the kit as a base for something new

ZeroXSEED 2013-11-21 21:42

Fortunately, it has two mounting/something (I don't know the terms, but they fit well), so in fixed position no glue is needed. But it can't transform properly anymore.

Ah well, I might build it into either custom action base or a flying platform as soon as I get the Mk.II Booster :heh:

I might try to get gundam cement, but can't get one soonish.