AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

duotiga 2007-01-29 08:09

http://www.moeyo.com/2007/01/post_2018.html

ACTUAL SAMPLE of an unpainted piece shown at AsoBitCity shop
in Akihabara.

http://www2.moeyo.com/img/07/01/29/3/301.JPG

MakubeX2 2007-01-29 08:28

We now know where all the money Bandai had squandered out of the SeeDlings from the MG SF FB mode went to.

Glad to know that Bandai is on us UC-er's side.

duotiga 2007-01-29 08:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakubeX2 (Post 815393)
We now know where all the money Bandai had squandered out of the SeeDlings from the MG SF FB mode went to.

i just want to being neutral but what you comment is just want ppl to flame.....lets just make it peace shall we?

SNT1 2007-01-29 09:28

Quote:

Look at the PG-esque details of the internal frame. A pity Bandai choose to do away the diecast metallic parts of the Nu for this.
So we can have an 8000-9000 yen Hi-Nu instead? No thanks :P

Fome 2007-01-29 14:19

It costs 7000 yen on HLJ, which is about $60. I dunno bout you, but I'd sure as hell pay that.

DarkWarrior 2007-01-29 16:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by duotiga (Post 815413)
i just want to being neutral but what you comment is just want ppl to flame.....lets just make it peace shall we?

Yeah let's stop with names, like "Seedlings". No need for that here. I personally don't give a damn what series or universe a mecha is from, as long as I like the design. And I have far more UC kits than any other, but that's because of how big UC is.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fome (Post 815675)
It costs 7000 yen on HLJ, which is about $60. I dunno bout you, but I'd sure as hell pay that.

Shipping jacks up the price considerably. If you don't live in Japan, Gunpla can be a very expensive hobby. And HLJ is strictly retail price.. I don't think even the Japanese pay retail price for Gunpla (a quick search on Amazon.co.jp reveals that Hi-Nu is 30% off).

Deus EpS Machina 2007-01-29 18:15

Quote:

Thats actually a pretty stupid statement considerring the FBM had more to offer than this rediculously priced Hi-Nu.

The stand looks different, nevermind its in the shape of Amuro's insignia, otherwise afaik, its a simple stand that allows only one position. The Action Base that came with FBM had varying positions.

Gold plated, albeit in some areas, and provided most people dont give two sh*ts about plating...

Dragoon/funnel affect parts are the same.

Hi-Nu is missing anything that should jack up the price to 60bucks a pop...where are the die-cast parts?

Quote:

lawl, if you think so. But seriously, a sad attempt to drive a wedge between gundamaniacs.

kct 2007-01-29 18:51

MakubeX2: This is not the first time you made fun of anyone who is not purely into UC, and I think all the SEED-bashing here is a stale joke now.

Fome 2007-01-29 19:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkWarrior (Post 815789)
Yeah let's stop with names, like "Seedlings". No need for that here. I personally don't give a damn what series or universe a mecha is from, as long as I like the design. And I have far more UC kits than any other, but that's because of how big UC is.

Shipping jacks up the price considerably. If you don't live in Japan, Gunpla can be a very expensive hobby. And HLJ is strictly retail price.. I don't think even the Japanese pay retail price for Gunpla (a quick search on Amazon.co.jp reveals that Hi-Nu is 30% off).

Wait, so you're saying that I should order from Amazon.co.jp? I'm a little confused...

DarkWarrior 2007-01-29 19:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fome (Post 815954)
Wait, so you're saying that I should order from Amazon.co.jp? I'm a little confused...

You can't, they don't ship internationally. I was just pointing out that Gunpla is expensive if you don't live in Japan, and Hi-Nu certainly costs a lot more than the $60 you mentioned thanks to international shipping.

Fome 2007-01-29 20:05

Oh I see. Still, with shipping, it's not going to cost over $70, unless Bandai does the whole oversized box thing again...

Deus EpS Machina 2007-01-29 20:59

which brings me to a related point.

People always whine and bitch about the gunpla prices one would find in their local hobby shops...and thats not cuz the shop owners are money-hungry douches (which they are =p), its cuz gunpla costs a load in you buy from Japan and have it shipped here.

I shop HLJ if i want something thats brand new. I used them wheni bought a MG Strike Freedom and HGUC Hrairoo; theyre the first ones to get brand new mecha. And their prices are MSRPs so s'all good. What kills is shipping, the heavier the package, the more you pay. I ordered the Dengeki Hobby mag of Jan. 2007 for the Primrose parts for the HGUC Hazels and shipping raped me, cost more than the total cost of my order.

If i want something thats been out for a while i go to Hobby Wave. Their prices are almost retail (give or take a few bucks in comparison to HLJ) and the BEST part is that their shipping is only $10 if youre in the US, and $15 if youre in Canada, regardless of how large the order is...so if you want decals, be prepared to drop 20 bucks. But for the most part, Hobby Wave is win due to their low shipping. Theyre also fast, if anyone has shopped from PlaJapan (a total ripoff store btw), you'll know the one thingtheyve got right is their speedy shipping...

mangatron 2007-01-29 21:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakubeX2 (Post 815351)
Look at the PG-esque details of the internal frame. A pity Bandai choose to do away the diecast metallic parts of the Nu for this.

You know, I think this is most of the reason why the MG Nu Gundam was able to stand unaided. In fact, I've posed mine leaning back at times, and those die cast parts sure hold it up. And, I like the weight it adds to it. Makes the model feel like it can step on something :heh:

The sad part was that the die cast part didn't enable the MG Nu to rotate it's legs. But it's understandable as to when it was produced. All the more reason why one should buy the Hi-Nu :D

Deus EpS Machina 2007-01-29 22:53

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by mangatron (Post 816042)
You know, I think this is most of the reason why the MG Nu Gundam was able to stand unaided. In fact, I've posed mine leaning back at times, and those die cast parts sure hold it up. And, I like the weight it adds to it. Makes the model feel like it can step on something :heh:

The sad part was that the die cast part didn't enable the MG Nu to rotate it's legs. But it's understandable as to when it was produced. All the more reason why one should buy the Hi-Nu :D

@makubex2: those arnt PG-esque frame details, just standard, marketting preview shots that make the model look nice.

Hi-Nu = good kit, meh design.

Also, the metal parts arent all theyre cracked up to be. It could stand without them just fine. They help, but not exactly important. All they do is add to the weight of the kit which is quite heavy as it is. I had some trouble displaying it on a MS stand before the Action Base was released.

gp02 2007-01-29 23:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Paper (Post 359028)
I have Perfect Grade 1/60 scale models of the following:

Gundam RX-78-2
Char Custom MS-06S Zaku II
MS-06F Zaku II

I also have a Perfect Grade 1/60 scale MS09R Rick Dom under construction right now. Perfect Grade models are nice but they take forever to assemble (they average ~650 individual parts) and wire (the Rick Dom has 21 lights that need to be wired), to make building it even harder - all the instructions are only in Japanese and there are no translations available. While I have other Gundam models, they're mostly those super cheap 1/144 scale ones. >.>

do you have gp03 in 0083 that is perfect grade?:rolleyes:

gp02 2007-01-30 00:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by HK anime seeker (Post 359322)
Well non-HG models have alot less moving joints so for those people that want more action poses or more of a challange in building models a non-HG won't be enough. Also the details on the model is alot less in comparasion to an HG model.

I like HG because they are easier than those MG and PG and it is cheaper:D

kct 2007-01-30 01:29

HGs are obviously easier to deal with, since there is not internal frame parts to speak of.

I think it is hard to reach the level of stability the current new MGs have just several years ago, and Bandai are known to try several methods just to enable the MG kit to stand (like the (lol) leg screws of the Zeta Pluses and the metal inserts in some others). This is proof of technological advancement, otherwise we'll be complaining about the so-and-so model not being able to stand on it's own.

DarkWarrior 2007-01-30 01:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fome (Post 816006)
Oh I see. Still, with shipping, it's not going to cost over $70, unless Bandai does the whole oversized box thing again...

Going by the price of SAL shipping of the MG Nu.. 7000 + 1,880 = 8880 Yen. Or about 73 USD dollars based on current exchange rates. On an unrelated note, I'm surprised at how much the Yen has weakened.. good for the wallet, but I don't think it's good for the economy.

HLJ prices are still better (Strike Freedom and Nu are 10 bucks cheaper) but I guess the shipping is faster. But still, HLJ prices are nothing to brag about. I'll stick with RainbowTen and their 20% off.

kct 2007-01-30 02:10

I stick with the local dealers, since most of them sell the Gundams close to Japanese exchange prices >.> .

M_Flores 2007-01-30 06:08

pfft... at the end of the day, Bandai don't give a damn about whether it's UC or AU - they just want ur money.

duotiga 2007-01-30 09:15

DSSD AStray Preview

http://www.gundambase.com/community/...1&news_idx=511

GP-02(MRS)

http://www.gundambase.com/community/...1&news_idx=512

Fome 2007-01-30 10:50

Woah, that HGUC GP02 holds the bazooka up better than the master grade.

SNT1 2007-01-30 14:06

DSSD Astray in the lead for the Ugliest for 07 Award

krzglue2 2007-01-30 14:53

My fd say I should get this one

MG 1/100 GM Sniper

http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/8348/gds5522gw0.jpg

because he just love the gas tank behind it, hoho. Plus he say he is using this for our group project for the Hobby Gundam model Contest this summer.

Noppapana 2007-01-30 15:21

^^
i think it will look great if you use it for a diorama
but you want a standalone one , there are better choices

pmajin 2007-01-30 19:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNT1 (Post 816731)
DSSD Astray in the lead for the Ugliest for 07 Award

agreed

damn that thing is ugly. why the hell did they even make it??

kct 2007-01-30 19:11

Actually, if you talk about the design, it makes sense in the environment it was expected to operate in.

No love for the GFF Gundam X?

phantom_ryder 2007-01-30 19:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by pmajin (Post 817029)
agreed

hehe so they could win this "ugly" award you all speak of? :D

wavehawk 2007-01-31 01:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by pmajin (Post 817029)

- Because it was featured in Stargazer.

I don't think it's "ugly" ugly (IMHO, the Destiny deserves that award--again, IMHO), but yeah, it could have done with a hell lot better design. I wish Bandai had released the original M1 Astray as a HG model---with 1/48 figures of the Astray Girls.

But all points considered, the DSSD Astray follows the Wes Murphy's Law of Gunpla: - It sucks, thus it'll look great after you kitbash it into something else! :D

And on the Hi-Nu Gundam: It's not THAT hard to put lead shot into the legs and feet of the model to weigh it down. Hell, I'm a modeller myself, and I have a lot of criticisms of GunPla kits--but I reserve most of them until I actually get down to building them--or if I PERSONALLY know someone who's built it.

Modelmaking is a personal expression. You can be simple and just build it out of the box with no paint, or you can go whole hog and invest in an airbrush, primer, custom decal sets, etc. The same model built by two different people will NOT be the same. I'll agree, there will be modelmakers who will loathe the Hi-Nu. But there will also be those who will like it. Likewise, I don't really like the Strike Freedom MG, but I do recognize it's a fairly good redesign and it'll be a worthwhile buy for people.

Buy the damn thing because you like it. Use other people opinions to help decide, but buy it because YOU want to buy it, not because Johnny Gelgoog thinks Seed kits are all crap and you're a loser for buying one.

SNT1 2007-01-31 09:04

Quote:

Buy the damn thing because you like it. Use other people opinions to help decide, but buy it because YOU want to buy it, not because Johnny Gelgoog thinks Seed kits are all crap and you're a loser for buying one.
too bad, we've been saying that since forever; too bad newbs will always, always ask the internets what they want to buy :eek:

kct 2007-01-31 10:42

Alright, someone in 4chan was telling everyone, that the newer shipments of the MG AEUG Gundam Mark II Ver. 2.0 have the rotary waist like the Titans version now. Anyone can confirm this or not?

Actually I was inclined to buy the Zetas because everyone else were having pretty much the same MG kits (either anything SEED (not that it is a bad thing, just that I want something else >.>) or the Titans Gundam Mark II (at least here)). But of course, knowing the Zeta first does make an impact >.> .

Fome 2007-01-31 11:56

Well, I don't ask people to know what I like, but I do like to read reviews for models, so I know if the model is stable, articulate, detailed, and so forth.

By the way, has anyone built the MG Wing Zero Custom? I did a search in this thread, and although a few of you have built it, I haven't found an explicit review of it yet. How is the stability? Can it stand with those wings? Can the arms hold the buster rifle straight foward without sagging? Overall good or bad kit?

Deus EpS Machina 2007-01-31 18:27

MG Wing Zero Custom...
I have it, it was my....second MG kit, and is 3 years old in my collection and...well, i wish i hadnt bought it then, in my n00bish years.

Anyways...the kit is very nice. It can stand on its own with the wings mainly cuz the wings themselves are long enough to act as stands.

The torso is double-jointed...as in, it will tilt forward an extra bit so it can do the classic TBR firing pose.

The buster rifles themselves...well, in all honesty, if you build it stock without any modifications, the things are glorified walking sticks, as most people say. The hands cannot hold them very well (same story as with the Wing Kai).

Overall its a great kit, stand also included btw, cuz this thing is in its proper realm only when in flight.

dalong.net has pics up, may be korean, but the pics speak for themselves

Fome 2007-01-31 19:18

Thanks Deus. Hmmm, so if it's a nice kit, why do you regret buying it? Was it because it was before you learned proper modeling technique?

What modifications do you suggest for improving the hands' ability to hold the rifles?

Deus EpS Machina 2007-01-31 19:44

yep.

I regret getting...

MG Freedom and MG Zeta Plus C1 too.

Freedom is in taters, so many broken joints and wings and so flimsy.

C1 has loads of broken parts (booster and skirts) too, though those broke when i was taking it apart a few months back to recolour it. Im contemplating buying new kits of both to do them better and to have good, neat, clean kits of both (especially C1) ans both are one of my favourite designs.

Im not sure about fixing the hands. The last time i had to do something about bad hands was MG GP02 not being able to hold the shield...in which case i simply took a hand from my 1/100 SEED kits.

DarkWarrior 2007-01-31 20:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by kct (Post 817758)
Alright, someone in 4chan was telling everyone, that the newer shipments of the MG AEUG Gundam Mark II Ver. 2.0 have the rotary waist like the Titans version now. Anyone can confirm this or not?

I've heard that too, but I've yet to see definite proof of this (as in pictures). But it kind of sucks though, if you bought it early like me, you got screwed.

lycantivis 2007-01-31 20:24

Did you really have that many problems with your freedom? Cause I havn't had any with mine Though I have only been doing Gunpla for a few months. You probly are a little more aware of things than I.

krzglue2 2007-01-31 20:54

I see the development sketch of MG Hi-Nu already, I think it make it too heavy, unlike the way it looks in Super Robot War alpha 3.

Anyway, buy MG Crossbone Gundam X-1 instead, that worth the money. I am a modeller myself and I understand that many new Gundam models have been design in bad way and many has been remake again and again (like MG Zeta Gundam, how many version has it be make, and the MK-II.).

They should development model like GPO4, crossbone X-3, F90...

And for the PG strike freedom, just a waste of money to buy that...

kct 2007-01-31 21:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deus EpS Machina (Post 818237)
C1 has loads of broken parts (booster and skirts) too, though those broke when i was taking it apart a few months back to recolour it. Im contemplating buying new kits of both to do them better and to have good, neat, clean kits of both (especially C1) ans both are one of my favourite designs.

...I actually took my C1 apart out of boredom, and reassembled it yesterday...still, the weak hip joints bothered me.

Deus EpS Machina 2007-01-31 21:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by lycantivis (Post 818274)
Did you really have that many problems with your freedom? Cause I havn't had any with mine Though I have only been doing Gunpla for a few months. You probly are a little more aware of things than I.

No, no propblems with Freedom or C1, both excellent kits. Im just more speaking aout my skills atthe time. I would have rather had both of them now, so as to make them both sexy additions to my collection...especially C1. C1 i can fix with putty if i get off my ass. Freedom...not so much.

Quote:

Anyway, buy MG Crossbone Gundam X-1 instead, that worth the money. I am a modeller myself and I understand that many new Gundam models have been design in bad way and many has been remake again and again (like MG Zeta Gundam, how many version has it be make, and the MK-II.).
Zeta's only had two actual versions (excluding the special ones)...the first one, and this latest ver.2

The Ver.2 was a no brainer cuz the first one was horrible and quite old.
Also, i fail to see the bad design of these new MG kits.

Quote:

They should development model like GPO4, crossbone X-3, F90...
yes, yes they should

Quote:

And for the PG strike freedom, just a waste of money to buy that...
what PG Strike Freedom?