AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Clannad (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Clannad - Episode 1 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=55247)

monir 2007-09-27 05:25

Clannad - Episode 1 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Clannad, Episode 1.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

GHDpro 2007-09-27 06:46

Note: please bear in mind that the first episode won't air for another week or so.

toxic_trance 2007-09-27 08:12

Wow..well..i have no doubt that this show would deserve a special discussion thread in the future. Great to see that this thread has come up. With a few disappointments this season..looking forward majorly to CLANNAD

FireChick 2007-09-27 14:25

I'm so DEFINITELY watching this!:):):D:D

Skyfall 2007-09-27 14:37

Since the first episode is still ~8 days away i am going to temporarily close this thread, otherwise it might get infested with 'cheer' comments not exactly related to episode 1 discussion :) (and premature votes >.>)

monir 2007-10-03 17:06

Hi ho! Providing a meteor doesn't strike the earth which subsequently puts a big dent in the fun of things, episode 1 should be out in the next 24 hrs. I will be your moderator for the Clannad section of the forum (hold your applause).. And Skyfall will be my assistant........ just kidding.. :D

To be a little serious, our (the moderators) pet-peeve for the anime-only threads will be the spoilers that reveals any future event no matter how unimportant/insignificant/little they may seem. Any such posts will be instantly deleted along with an infraction. Furthermore, if I'm the one giving the infraction then the asshole-me will dish out a ban as well.

My sincere request is that please do NOT ruin it for any of us who are going to experience this series for the first time by spoiling. Eagerly looking forward to episode 1!

Daniel E. 2007-10-03 17:11

The only bits of Clannad that I know come from the few manga chapters that I read a while ago. So, unlike Kanon, I am pretty much in the dark as far as this show is concerned.

Really looking forward to the first episode! :)

Deathkillz 2007-10-03 18:35

Well i see the Raw for episode 1 - so i guess it will be a mad rush for you guys to get it :heh:

(while im heading off to bed ;__; )

- Hopefully clannad will not end up like kanon :3 (not saying that kanon is bad but it could have been way better).

Shiroth 2007-10-03 18:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deathkillz (Post 1180524)
Well i see the Raw for episode 1 - so i guess it will be a mad rush for you guys to get it :heh:

It hasn't actually aired yet. So i'm finding it hard to trust this raw.

Edit: It's not the first episode.

Ascaloth 2007-10-03 18:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by monir (Post 1180418)
To be a little serious, our (the moderators) pet-peeve for the anime-only threads will be the spoilers that reveals any future event no matter how unimportant/insignificant/little they may seem. Any such posts will be instantly deleted along with an infraction. Furthermore, if I'm the one giving the infraction then the asshole-me will dish out a ban as well.

You mean people who post spoilers now have more to fear than merely being FPB'd? :p

No, to come back to the more serious side of things, I agree with monir. I'm going into CLANNAD as a newbie, in contrast with Kanon 2k6, so certainly I wish not to be spoiled. Unless I'm enough of an idiot to spoil things for myself, of course, but then there's the vet's thread for that. :heh:

Shana 2007-10-03 21:44

^ Yeah, I'm agree. I don't know nothing about CLANNAD, I know characters and that, but not about history or the game.

I saw a RAW in TT, I tried to download it, but I failed :(

Ascaloth 2007-10-03 22:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shana (Post 1180764)
^ Yeah, I'm agree. I don't know nothing about CLANNAD, I know characters and that, but not about history or the game.

I saw a RAW in TT, I tried to download it, but I failed :(

Be glad it failed. I don't think the first episode has even aired yet; it could very well be a virus.

Leo_Otaku 2007-10-03 22:55

well it did air now, probably raws around tomorrow noonish. From revies of the ones who went to the festa said it was good.

Kaioshin Sama 2007-10-03 23:19

If it didn't air then what's with the two votes already. Unless it's just people following the motions.:rolleyes:

Nyao 2007-10-03 23:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama (Post 1180924)
If it didn't air then what's with the two votes already. Unless it's just people following the motions.:rolleyes:

Just premature votes.

Kaioshin Sama 2007-10-04 00:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nyao (Post 1180944)
Just premature votes.

Oh those boys...... tsk tsk tsk.:nono:

Vexx 2007-10-04 01:54

I've successfully avoided knowing more about Clannad than there's a lot of complex character design and development; and its considered a milestone in game-form storytelling. AND I'm aware that the anime may merge, adjust, or deviate in some ways for more coherent story flow because that's just what has to happen in adaptations.

So yes, I'm going to be seriously unfriendly to spoilage as well. I may even just avoid the whole Clannad forum til the series is over other than to cast postless votes :)

In other forums, the mods have taken to DELETING premature votes either before the sub appears or the raw appears. I'd suggest the same here.

toxic_trance 2007-10-04 02:53

True...True . This is arguably THE MOST ANTICIPATED series of the season. Any form of spoilage in this could be bigtime disastrous. Frankly..Even I think I will try being away from the forum as much as possible so as to avoid any possibility of getting spoiled

The Wait for CLANNAD has been a long one. I am a big fan of Kanon and AIR. So the last thing I would want is some user trying to show off his extra knowledge. I think since any type of spoilage has been avoided in the forum is good. But I even feel..That premature voting is also wrong...pls try avoiding it

LionsMane 2007-10-04 02:59

Yeah I really don't have much information on CLANNAD and I hope that doesn't prevent me(prevention in the form of spoilers from prior/other knowledge) from enjoying and anticipating it. I loved Kanon. I'm sure CLANNAD will be great as well.

Skyfall 2007-10-04 03:34

I see a lot of worries about spoilers :) Rest assured that we will do as much as we can to keep the episode discussion threads spoiler-free (as the thread guidelines imply). Also, the use of report button is encouraged, as it would help us deal with the issue faster due to our lack of omnipresence :)

All formalities aside - this is my second most anticipated show of this season, so i am highly looking towards the episode. (And holding on to my hopes that the character names would be removed from the OP :))