AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Higurashi (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Higurashi manga thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=31733)

chrno_the_sinner 2006-06-14 13:05

Wow that was fast. Thanks.

Another question... apparently the anime takes a few.... liberties with the storyline in comparrison from the games. How accurate is the manga in comparrison to the anime and the game? I'd assume the manga is more true to the game than the anime. Would that be a correct assumption?

chrno_the_sinner 2006-06-14 13:05

Shoot. Double post. Sorry. My mouse is stupid sometimes and clicks multiple times when I click only once.

kj1980 2006-06-14 13:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrno_the_sinner
Wow that was fast. Thanks.

Another question... apparently the anime takes a few.... liberties with the storyline in comparrison from the games. How accurate is the manga in comparrison to the anime and the game? I'd assume the manga is more true to the game than the anime. Would that be a correct assumption?

Yes - although some scenes are still left out, the manga does a better job in following the game and much creepier artwork.

Alas though, the best medium to get into would be playing the game itself because of the beautiful (and occasionally bone-chilling) BGMs, poems by Frederica Bernkastel and the valuable TIPS.

MarmoO 2006-06-14 14:17

wrong thread, sorry ;/

chrno_the_sinner 2006-06-14 15:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by kj1980
Alas though, the best medium to get into would be playing the game itself because of the beautiful (and occasionally bone-chilling) BGMs, poems by Frederica Bernkastel and the valuable TIPS.

Believe me, If I could play the games, I would. Unfortunately, my Kanji reading skills are horrid. I barely know 100 at the moment. Maybe a year or two of university/self study will help, then I'll get the games. Until then.... well, I might buy them, but not play them for a while.

Varion 2006-06-17 04:38

Watanagashi chapter 2's up :)

...and rapidshare's as much of a bitch as usual, soo... megaupload links!

Watanagashi Volume 1, Chapter 1
Watanagashi Volume 1, Chapter 2
Watanagashi Volume 1, Chapter 3
Watanagashi Volume 1, Chapter 4

Tatarigoroshi Volume 1, Chapter 1
Tatarigoroshi Volume 1, Chapter 2

The Creator 2006-06-20 18:30

how many tankoubouns are in total? 8 for the questions arcs and 6 for the answer arcs??

Pale Sqwish 2006-06-20 20:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valdra
Watanagashi chapter 2's up :)

...and rapidshare's as much of a bitch as usual, soo... megaupload links!

Watanagashi Volume 1, Chapter 1
Watanagashi Volume 1, Chapter 2

I love you :bow: :bow: :love: :bow::bow:

bluepenguin 2006-06-21 01:25

Tatarigoroshi 1 & 2 are up as well- I can upload them to Megaupload or something if most people prefer that.

... Unless people are waiting to read all of Watanagashi before they start Tatarigoroshi. Which would be too bad, because I'm the Tatarigoroshi translator and I want everyone to see my awesome skillz- ahem. I mean, because... uh, there's no reason you have to read them in order. Yeah, that's it. ^^;

Varion 2006-06-21 04:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluepenguin
Tatarigoroshi 1 & 2 are up as well- I can upload them to Megaupload or something if most people prefer that.

... Unless people are waiting to read all of Watanagashi before they start Tatarigoroshi. Which would be too bad, because I'm the Tatarigoroshi translator and I want everyone to see my awesome skillz- ahem. I mean, because... uh, there's no reason you have to read them in order. Yeah, that's it. ^^;

Nope, I'm reading them in the order they're released because you can read the first three arcs in any order you want and the anime's done Watanagashi already anyway, don't know about anyone else. You're the translator? :D We love you!

But yeah, it looks like I'm not the only one who rapidshare hates, I have to get them sent to me by people who it does work for then reupload it. Updated post with Tatarigoroshi 1 and 2... but if you could do megaupload mirrors it'd be really appreciated. Thanks for all your hard work!

The Creator 2006-06-21 07:17

how many tankoubouns are there in total? 8 for the questions arcs and 6 for the answer arcs??

Pale Sqwish 2006-06-22 02:33

whats the duffrence between the Watanagashi and the Tatarigorosh?

kj1980 2006-06-22 12:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Creator
how many tankoubouns are there in total? 8 for the questions arcs and 6 for the answer arcs??

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pale Sqwish
whats the duffrence between the Watanagashi and the Tatarigorosh?

Read the wikipedia.

Pale Sqwish 2006-06-22 13:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by kj1980
Read the wikipedia.

ohhhh, i see i see, Thanks!!

bluepenguin 2006-06-22 19:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valdra
Nope, I'm reading them in the order they're released because you can read the first three arcs in any order you want and the anime's done Watanagashi already anyway, don't know about anyone else. You're the translator? :D We love you!

But yeah, it looks like I'm not the only one who rapidshare hates, I have to get them sent to me by people who it does work for then reupload it. Updated post with Tatarigoroshi 1 and 2... but if you could do megaupload mirrors it'd be really appreciated. Thanks for all your hard work!

Yeah... actually, Rapidshare's not too fond of me either, sometimes. I wonder if I could get them to upload to Megaupload instead...? I'll ask. If not, I'll just upload chapters to Megaupload as they're finished- you guys may actually get them a little early, in that case.

BakaOnna 2006-06-22 22:51

After reading the first two chapters of Watanagashi and Tatarigoroshi, all I can say is wow, the anime sure left out a lot of things in the beginning.

reptar300 2006-07-03 12:48

where can i buy the manga online?

sorry if this has been asked before but where can i buy the mangas online?

Nork22 2006-07-03 19:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by reptar300
sorry if this has been asked before but where can i buy the mangas online?

Amazon JP
Animaxis

bluepenguin 2006-07-04 12:10

Tatarigoroshi Chapter 3 (Megaupload)

Varion 2006-07-27 13:53

Arr, new chapters up.

Watanagashi Volume 1, Chapter 3
Watanagashi Volume 1, Chapter 4