AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Haruhi Suzumiya (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Haruhi Suzumiya Favorite Character Poll #1 (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=31638)

Catgirls 2006-04-29 16:33

Haruhi Suzumiya Favorite Character Poll #1

Yay! It’s time to vote for your favorite character thus far. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...iggrinlove.gif

This is the first “character poll” of two to come. The poll will have a time limit and after such time voting will be disabled, but the discussion can proceed beyond that. The reason for the time limit on the poll is so that this poll doesn’t overlap too much with the second and final poll.

This is a multiple choice poll and while we won’t restrict you from voting for every character, please try to limit your choice to your top 3 or 4 picks if you can. If you like the entire cast equally, then so be it, but if you can narrow it down a bit, then that’s even better. If you like one character the most, then don’t feel the need to vote for anymore.

Please remember that once you make your vote you may not "come back" later to add or change your previous vote(s). So make sure you know all the characters you want to include in your vote before you click the "Vote Now" button.

And of course the vote is public, so your votes will be visible. :)

Thread Rules
  • No campaigning for votes.
    What this means is don't post something like this:

:love: "VOTE FOR KYON!!!" :love: Or…"Tsuruya >>>>> Kyon's Sister" Or… "DO NOT VOTE FOR TANIGUCHI!!!!111 :frustrated: "

Any post with "Vote for…/Do not vote for..." verbiage will be deleted. Discuss why you do or don’t like characters without campaigning for votes.

• Do not insult or harass other members for their choices.
    Please remember: this is for fun. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter is always welcome, but harassing people won’t be tolerated.

• Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It’s great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.

PhantomX 2006-04-29 16:36

We're allowed to choose more than one person?? o__O

xris 2006-04-29 16:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhantomX

Yes :) But please remember that once you make your vote you may not "come back" later to add or change your previous vote(s). So make sure you know all the characters you want to include in your vote before you click the "Vote Now" button.

And of course the vote is public, so your votes will be visible.

I also have a request, please avoid just listing your votes. If we really want to know we can look at the poll results to find out. Now, if you can add some comment as to why you voted in that way then that would be great. We don't expect an essay :) but as Catgirls stated

Quote:

Have fun, but post intelligently.
It’s great to have fun, but please try you best to add substance to your post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.

Catgirls 2006-04-29 16:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhantomX

Yes, or you can just vote for one character if so choose. You don't need to vote for more than one character, but if you like three or four characters, you're free to vote for them all. Afterward, you can post here and say something like:

I voted for Asahina Mikuru, Kyon and Kunikida with Kyon being my top choice , but I do so love the other two that I gave them a vote as well.

Or something like that. :)
Quote:

Originally Posted by xris
Yes :) But please remember that once you make your vote you may not "come back" later to add or change your previous vote(s). So make sure you know all the characters you want to include in your vote before you click the "Vote Now" button.

And of course the vote is public, so your votes will be visible.

Ahh...I'm glad you posted that. I'm going to include some of that in the first post.

kira_lacusXX 2006-04-29 16:47

awwww...dammit! i wont vote until i actually watch the thing. soon theres going to be fan clubs like shuffle...maybe i should start one later...heh heh jk

melange 2006-04-29 16:53

Well I basically voted the 3 characters that are present in my sig :D Unfortunately I can't really separate my experience of the characters in the anime and the novel so this reflects both.

1st choices: Haruhi/Yuki
I can't decide between these two. Haruhi because she's the one who sealed the deal (of following the anime) for me after watching Asahina Mikuru no Bouken ep00. Never have I felt so compelled to fanboy a character who only appeared on the screen for not more than a minute. Yuki I liked initially because of her Rei-ness but that is now secondary. It is the development of her character later on that makes her shine.

2nd Choice: Tsuruya-san
She's good in the anime so far but she's even more amazing in the novel! Infectious laugh, genki-ness that can rival Haruhi's. Put the two of them in one room and chaos could very well ensue.

PhantomX 2006-04-29 17:00

1st Choice: Tsuruya for the reasons stated by melange :) Plus I like her green hair and pointy tooth :)

2nd Choice: Kyon. His attitude is much like mine in real life (highly sarcastic), and in my opinion, he is what keeps the show going (excluding the fact that he's the narrator XD)

panzerfan 2006-04-29 17:08

Kyon ftw. I expressed my support for him often.

DragoonKain3 2006-04-29 17:44

I've always had a top 3: Haruhi, Kyon, and Ryoko. But with the ops wanting to limit choices to 4, who to choose: Yuki or Mikuru? Yuki's 'fast chanting' is teh win, but Yuko Goto is, well, 'Guuto!'.

Hmm tough decision. Better do it the Haruhi way, ie. leaving it to chance. Coin flip time!

And the winner is....

Asahina! XD

MrProphet 2006-04-29 18:15

Is it possible to add "None of the above"?

For the life of me, I can't think of a character I really like. I love the show for the crazyness, intriguing plot and great animation. But the characters are all a bit too weird for my liking. 8)

PS: Please don't think of this post as "bashing Suzuharu". It's just a request for another poll option. 8)

celcius 2006-04-29 18:21

Seems everybody loves Kyon. I do too~!! :D
Mine choices are:
1st choice: Haruhi / Kyon - Liked them both the most. Haruhi's 'eccentricities' rivals Kyon commments dripping with sarcasm. :heh:

2nd choice: Yuki - the 'silent' type character done right.

3rd choice: Itsuki - not much I know about Itsuki, but the whole conversation of him and Yuki in ep1 while Yuki was standing in the window had me LOL literally, for the whole duration of the conversation. My parents actually thought I was going nuts laughing so loud all by myself in the room.

Daniel E. 2006-04-29 18:30

First choice : Tsuraya -> hope she appears more in future episodes. :D :D

Second choice: Haruhi -> is there something not to like about her?

Amaranthine 2006-04-29 18:30

I voted for Yuki and Itsuki, with my preference being in that order.

Yuki... I'm not sure I have an especially good reason for liking her. I just like her, you know? She's calm, quiet, reserved... quite different from most of the other characters. I have a thing about simplicity, and in some ways that's what she's like. A breath of fresh air amongst all the insanity that goes on in the show. (Not that the insanity is a bad thing.) Her simple, to the point manner of speaking, and her matter of fact way of doing things... they just make me smile.

But at the same time as being so serious, she's so cute. Especially her run in Episode 4, after she's put the bat in homing mode and hit the ball out of the pitch. ^^ For me her character design is perfect, just the right amount of cuteness without going over the top.

And the finally, her incantations are just awesome. I can't wait to see more of her in action. And not just that, I'm really looking forward to seeing more of he rin eveyr respect, and to seeing her character developed further.

I like Itsuki because he makes me laugh. He always seems to have a stupid smile on his face, and to be totally unconcerned with what's going on. One of my favourite moments, for some reason, is when he slides up to Kyon on the bench in episode 4. Kyon's response to it, "Your face is really close", makes me laugh every time. That may seem like a reason for liking Kyon, but it kind of displays what I like about Itsuki, the fact that he just doesn't seem bothered by anything. He just carries on talking and smiling. Really though... I think I just like the stupid look on his face the whole time. ^^;

Kamui4356 2006-04-29 19:38

Hmm... I'm a bit suprised Yuki is doing so well now. I expected her to be popular two weeks from now, but so far all we've really seen her do in the anime is put a homing mode on a bat. I voted for her, but that's based on what I've read of the novel.:heh:

I also voted for Mikuru and Haruhi. Their interaction is what makes the series work. Even kyon's comments often arise from something Haruhi is doing to poor Mikuru.

I probably should have voted for kyon as well, but I didn't want to vote for more than three characters.

PhantomX 2006-04-29 19:51

Lol, what a surprise, the three main characters are doing the best (not including mikuru cuz she's more of a doormat :P)

We need more Tsuruya time so she can win people over XD

Calca 2006-04-29 20:06

Voted for Kyon because he is just like anyone of us if we were to be thrown into an anime.

He has the intellect to question what is going on around him. He's also funny as hell with his dry sarcasm.

Psieye 2006-04-29 20:18

I restricted myself to just 3 choices (Mikuru and Itsuki haven't shined yet, so they didn't quite make it to "the top or near the top" of my list):

Haruhi: As I originally described her after Ep 2: "this girl's absorbed the Mojo of so many characters and more". She's forging her own character types ('Tsun-FOJ' - where FOJ = Flamethrower Of Joy) and can send me into a berserking frenzy in my Synch Logs without Pani Poni Dash-esque random-crack-reality-twisting. From what little I've read of the novels (up to Vol 1 Ch 5), there's more depth to her than just Tsun and FOJ too. 2 minutes of screentime in Ep 1 and she already made a big impact on me - and Ep 2 sent me crumpling from so much "woivniojfo2ioj2" moments.

Kyon: I can't help but like his sarcasm and helplessness. His rapid-fire narrative/scoldings with his not-that-great-Intelligence is great - it was one of the best things of Ep 1 and I'm glad to see it's still there outside of the film commentary.

Yuki: Ep 4 pwnage. That and reading in the novels on the origin of her Powaa. Seemingly another product of the "AyanamiRei-HoshinoRuri gene pool", but she's fairly well fleshed out even by this early stage. All descendants of a common gene pool will look identical when they're babies - they establish their unique traits after they grow up a bit. In other words, I like how she's already grown to be more than just another Rei/Ruri hybrid clone.

Cal-Reflector 2006-04-29 20:43

Mikuru, just Mikuru. I'd have voted for several other characters that I also liked but I'll restrict myself to a single vote to make it more meaningful.

Reasons, reasons... because
1)Haruhi and Kyon are the main characters, and for some reason I always go for side characters (something about the Main-Character-factor that doesn't sit well with me).

2)Mikuru is blatantly fanboy-bait. Having a similar reaction as all the guys in the show makes me feel like an adolescent again.

3)Mikuru sets fire to mens' hearts and inspires them to become more chivalrous.

Sushi-Y 2006-04-29 21:38

It can be expected that Mikuru would be popular among the anime watchers... for now. Same with Haruhi. But anyone who read the novel past vol.4 will know that Yuki = the win.

Then again, the anime probably won't go that far so :(

My name is Sushi-Y, and I'm a Yukiphiliac. ^^;

And it would've been nice if Arakawa-san and Mori-san were on the list too, although they don't come in until later, and not until vol.7 did they show their kick-ass "super-agent" mode. :heh: :heh:

Ahh, give us a second season damn it.

riznar 2006-04-29 22:05

I voted soley for Kyon, because I believe his narration carries the series from good to fantastic.