AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Karaoke Competition IX (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=88159)

kcl822 2009-11-06 16:02

Karaoke Competition IX

After much prodding by a certain someone that has been bothering me for ages about this... I decided to host another karaoke competition. Yes, I've been away for ages, I wouldn't be surprised if people thought I was dead or something. But guess what, no one cares, especially not me. But if I want that person to stop bothering me about it, I need to do this... So fine.

Let Animesuki's Karaoke Competition IX commence! Or something to that effect.

Quick summary of what this is about: listening to people try to sing anime songs. How difficult is that? We had really good singers in the past though, but is open to anyone that wants to show off their vocal (or lack thereof) skills. This started in the small IRC chat channel (we have an irc channel?) back in the days but it grew a bit. Ah the days when that certain person sang that weird song...

Quick and dirty details (copy paste ftw!)

1. Anime OP/ED songs as well as character songs are allowed. Anything else, ask me first.
2. Song has to be in full-lenght (no tv version).
3. If possible, use the official karaoke version. You can also rip the vocals. Worst-case is singing over the original (your voice has to be louder than the original singer's voice). If you have trouble with the official karaoke track, ask me.
4. Song has to be recorded in one go. That means no cut-and-paste anything.
5. No special effects of any kind, including modulation, special effects, or pitch tweaking. Did I mention no special effects of any kind?
6. Song can be in any language.
7. Only one song per person.

Very important: When you are sending me a song, make sure it is labeled with your nickname, the name of the song and from what anime it is. I can't be bothered to chase around song names and titles and stuff. And guess what, it might mysteriously "disappear".

As always, I will be airing every single entry that comes (unless we get like 200 or something ridiculous) over shoutcast. Details for shoutcast server will be announced later this week/month/etc.

You can send the entries to karacom@animesuki.info (please note the ".info" part) as well as any questions, or anything else.
You can also ask in this thread or check the F.A.Q. @ http://faq.animesuki.info (once again notice the ".info").

DEADLINE for submitting: December 8th, 24:00 EST.

Air date: TBA, will be later that week.

Happy singing~

kcl822 2009-11-06 16:03

Broadcast will be on saturday, December 12th at 11am EST.

Non-competing entries will be aired on December 12th, at 8am EST.

Broadcast ended ever so nicely. Stay tuned for the torrent for those that missed it!

VOTING

If you want to vote:
Name of contestant, then from a scale of 1-10, put a number that you think fits the song.
If you want to put comments please do so, they will be posted later on anonymously.

Email votes to karacom@animesuki.info

DEADLINE: December 31, 2009.

Kaetemi 2009-11-06 17:20

Hahah, awesome! :D

Shinndou 2009-11-06 19:35

Indeed I've been wondering where you've been!

Good to see that this contest is still running :D

I was actually expecting duets though, or maybe my memory is failing me or something. :X

And I need to get a new mic, my current one is dead. :[
Any suggestions, folks?

cheyannew 2009-11-06 19:41

Oh, crud now I have to go search out a karaoke track LOL

Chibi Nasu 2009-11-06 20:46

Yay, I've been waiting for this! Good thing the deadline is far off yet, I have the flu (not swine, though!)

Langknow 2009-11-07 00:13

ahh...

yea!!!

I've been singing new songs lately, so I have been drifting away from Japanese songs, but since this competition is so much fun, I'm gonna enter again!!

YEA!!!

can't wait ppls

GipFace 2009-11-07 00:54

Holy crap, it's back after two years! *jumps for joy*

I downloaded every single available karaoke song on gendou.com last week. All 462 of them. Time to listen~

EDIT: Will there be a non-competition section like in the past? I have something I definitely want to do but only for fun...

Li Jianliang 2009-11-07 02:44

You, kcl, are made of 10 flavors of awesome. ;) Thanks for hosting the contest again.

I'll definitely do my best to produce something for this round.

SCHADOWFOX 2009-11-07 03:24

muhahaha, looks like it was worth mailing the 300 people I had in the old karacom database ;D

on a side note , if we have once again 50+ I doubt we can afford to make a non competiting air , but thats up to kcl822 and how she can spend her time, after all I bugged her

ChibiBear 2009-11-07 04:19

No anonymous enteries allowed?? :D

-KarumA- 2009-11-07 05:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chibi Nasu (Post 2753640)
Yay, I've been waiting for this! Good thing the deadline is far off yet, I have the flu (not swine, though!)

ha ha same here, I was just in time singing for my last competition the day after I couldn't speak properly at all XD
I think I know which song I want to do, though its gonna take some studying to get the lyrics right lol

Miko Miko 2009-11-07 05:26

Woo I am definately entering.. Not sure which song to sing yet though!:D

SCHADOWFOX 2009-11-07 06:46

Oh right!

For the 1st placed entry, I'll donate a small gift!

kcl822 2009-11-07 09:29

Non-competing? I forgot to mention those. Sure, send them my way, if I can't air them I'll put them in the torrent so it doesn't matter what happens to them. Just don't go wild and send me a thousand of those.

As for anon entries, those are allowed as well, just remember to put a note on the entry thing.

SCHADOWFOX 2009-11-07 10:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcl822 (Post 2754497)
Non-competing? I forgot to mention those. Sure, send them my way, if I can't air them I'll put them in the torrent so it doesn't matter what happens to them. Just don't go wild and send me a thousand of those.

As for anon entries, those are allowed as well, just remember to put a note on the entry thing.

there we go * starts to prepare his anon entry * muhahaha

Natsumeyashi Meiyo 2009-11-07 11:19

COOL :D :D :D

Not sure whether I'll participate this year, but I'll send in some non-competing stuff :) probably.

cheyannew 2009-11-07 11:24

If I can find a karaoke track of the song I want to do, I'm in...

LynnieS 2009-11-07 11:40

Is there a list of prizes available ATM? Specifically, I'm interested in the "Best Attempt at Mimicking a Dying Crow" one... :)

/me need to take a look at the karaoke songs in the library now... Dang, a lot of the stuff seem to be done by perky girls, and I'm neither perky or female. :p

KholdStare 2009-11-07 11:42

Man, I've been looking forward to this! I love you kcl~